Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    I used to be able to identify all models and years and could identify many by their sound starting up, accelerating or just driving by. Not anymore. I always loved the Olds V8 gurgle and distinctive sound of the high torque Chrysler starter.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,964
    edited June 2022
    We took a few taxis while we were in London. The new ones are EVs because they get tax breaks if they use them. Our cab driver said the first year it cost 5 pds to charge it up, to get 60 miles out of it. Today it costs 10 pounds, the cost of electricity skyrocketed. But the big problem is, if it does need a charge, it takes an hour to charge it....and that costs him a lot more because he can't work while it is being charged up. He says he wouldn't buy an EV himself, but London needs them to keep the air cleaner.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,465
    henryn said:

tjc78 said:

Everyone says the cars all look the same today …. But many 57-59 cars across several makes were pretty darn similar if you ask me.

Do you have any specific examples in mind? Back in the late 50s and early 60s, my 2 brothers and I would ride our bikes down to the highway and sit on the side of a hill and then identify every car and truck that drove by. Chevrolet, Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth, Lincoln, Mercury, what have you. Very very few foreign cars in those days, especially out in the boonies where I was. Occasionally a Nash or a Hudson. And lest I forget, Studebaker was fairly common as well. I can remember spotting a Studebaker Golden Hawk and being quite excited about that.

Spotting something that we could not identify was a pretty rare occurrence, and usually involved either a foreign make or a classic of some kind. In the 1950s, there were still a lot of cars from the 1930s on the road. Not restored classics, just everyday drivers.
    ————————————————-
    Back in the 50’s cars underwent major sheet metal changes every other year. On the off year they just did a little bit of chrome changes. That had to cost a fortune but all of the domestics did it and it got to be expected. Other than the rare BMW’s and Benz there were no foreign cars, at least not in my hood.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    My Father had only one Chrysler that I remember. It was a '69 New Yorker in some sort of "evergreen green" with same color brocade seats. I was just a tot, but thought it was a blast to ride in. He would "blow the soot" out of the carburetor by flooring it (much to my Mother's chagrin, but to my delight). It was a BIG car but it scooted. As I did some research on it in later years, it had a 440 CI, 4bbl carb, which was one of Chrysler's most powerful engines at the time.

He had DeVilles and Town Cars that I remember mostly. Don't remember any of them being as powerful as that New Yorker.

Not his, but it looked identical.....
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    This was pretty cool to watch. I never knew exactly how these worked before this. Still probably easier to just use a window unit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wejop_Rjpv0

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I have a similar memory with my parent's 69 Olds 98. It had the 455 4bbl. I used to like to joke that it would lift its fender skirts and run like a scalded cat. I shared this pic before, I think I was 11 when this was taken in 71. I was supervising dad waxing the car.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,197
    That's incredible. Great, if it fits the space you want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852

@henryn
    Almost all late 50s cars have dual round headlights up front, a large chrome strip running up the side to a fin of some sort.

Here is a 58 Caddy. Yes we all know it’s not a 59 New Yorker but all the same styling cues are there.

No doubt in some way they were all emulating each other.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

sda said:

I have a similar memory with my parent's 69 Olds 98. It had the 455 4bbl. I used to like to joke that it would lift its fender skirts and run like a scalded cat. I shared this pic before, I think I was 11 when this was taken in 71. I was supervising dad waxing the car.

Based on the size of it, is he still working on it?

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,096
    I think 75% of fuselage Chrysler production was green. My grandpa had a green on green one, a car he fell for and impulse bought, replacing a red 1965 Chrysler that my uncle says was a better car (several years before I was born :) )

My Father had only one Chrysler that I remember. It was a '69 New Yorker in some sort of "evergreen green" with same color brocade seats. I was just a tot, but thought it was a blast to ride in. He would "blow the soot" out of the carburetor by flooring it (much to my Mother's chagrin, but to my delight). It was a BIG car but it scooted. As I did some research on it in later years, it had a 440 CI, 4bbl carb, which was one of Chrysler's most powerful engines at the time.

He had DeVilles and Town Cars that I remember mostly. Don't remember any of them being as powerful as that New Yorker.

Not his, but it looked identical.....

Chrysler starter - Hamtramck Hummingbird
    sda said:

I used to be able to identify all models and years and could identify many by their sound starting up, accelerating or just driving by. Not anymore. I always loved the Olds V8 gurgle and distinctive sound of the high torque Chrysler starter.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    We had a '57 Chrysler station wagon with the push button tranny in a beautiful blue color. Beautiful vehicle as I recall & started my love affair with the automobile. Remember getting my two fingers caught in the door when my grandma closed it & how much it hurt! I'd actually stand up in the back seat watching every move the driver was making with the forward motion just taking over all my senses. As I got older, I knew every vehicle on the road for some reason and that early passion with the automobile is still as strong as it was back then!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,119
    fintail said:

sda said:

When I was a kid, a neighbor down the street had an early 70's Satellite wagon - made the same noise on start up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    henryn said:

jmonroe1 said:

bwia said:
    ————————————————-
    If only it weren’t a Chrysler.

That was not their glory days. My Dad bought a 1957 Plymouth Sport Suburban station wagon (that’s the car I learned to drive on). It was the worst car he ever owned. But, it was his fault. His BIL (my Mom’s brother) bought a 1956 Plymouth wagon (not the sport model with all the goodie’s) and he told my Dad not to buy it. Told him he’d have problems at given mileages with the engine and tranny. Sure enough, his predictions were spot on. My Dad dumped that thing in two years and bought a 1959 Olds Super 88. That Olds turned out to be a pretty good car but compared to that Plymouth anything would be.

jmonroe
    My early memories of Chrysler products is entirely different from yours. My father owned a 1953 Chrysler, which he absolutely loved. And later on, a 1955 Plymouth which he had for a number of years. He rebuilt the engine in that one, and souped it up a bit. It was capable of surprising V8 Fords and Chevys. A lot of my early memories involve that car. It was the first car that I ever drove.
    If I had a nickel every time a MOPAR fan boys story started with "my early memories of Chrysler products are entirely different from yours..."

At least some Ford and Chevy fanboys are in my "hate Chrysler" camp.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    Chrysler corp auto transmissions are what taught me to never buy another one, ever. Yeah, that's Chrysler products and automatic transmissions both.

YMMV
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester

Chrysler corp auto transmissions are what taught me to never buy another one, ever. Yeah, that's Chrysler products and automatic transmissions both.

YMMV

For me it was the Big 3, all three; though my Chrysler transmission was both auto and dog poopoo too.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    edited June 2022
    Guess I shouldn't share the gift I got for father's day. Will upset some mopar-intolerant folks here.

On second thought, grow up. Here it is. I love it.

https://goodspeedusa.com/product/dodge-cars-trucks-dependable-service-sign-light-up-revolving-globe/

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    driver100 said:

We took a few taxis while we were in London. The new ones are EVs because they get tax breaks if they use them. Our cab driver said the first year it cost 5 pds to charge it up, to get 60 miles out of it. Today it costs 10 pounds, the cost of electricity skyrocketed. But the big problem is, if it does need a charge, it takes an hour to charge it....and that costs him a lot more because he can't work while it is being charged up. He says he wouldn't buy an EV himself, but London needs them to keep the air cleaner.

I like the looks of that taxi. Wouldn't mind having one with a nice turbo 4 gas engine.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

I actually decided one day that the most practical 2nd car was a transit connect. get the passenger version and can just take the seats out.

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289
    I think every car maker has had problems with their automatic transmissions, at one time or another. IMHO, back in the day, the 727 Torqueflite was as good as it got.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    qbrozen said:

Guess I shouldn't share the gift I got for father's day. Will upset some mopar-intolerant folks here.

https://goodspeedusa.com/product/dodge-cars-trucks-dependable-service-sign-light-up-revolving-globe/

</blockquote
    ———————————————
    Don’t tell us you accepted it without a gun being pointed at you. :o

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    edited June 2022
    henryn said:

I think every car maker has had problems with their automatic transmissions, at one time or another. IMHO, back in the day, the 727 Torqueflite was as good as it got.

The Torqueflite in my 318 Plymouth endured full throttle drop patching from 27k miles to 105k miles before losing a gear. Stupid, stupid teenage abuse. My only excuse was that my buddy liked to throw his 440 Plymouth in reverse at 30 and see how much backwards tire spin he could get.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,852

@qbrozen said:

Nice!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

qbrozen said:

————————————————-
    Hey, I just noticed this; that sucker rotates too. I hope they farmed out the gearing design to get the rotation feature. Did it come with a 5K/6 month rotation guarantee? :'(

jmonroe

henryn said:

The Torqueflite in my 318 Plymouth endured full throttle drop patching from 27k miles to 105k miles before losing a gear. Stupid, stupid teenage abuse. My only excuse was that my buddy liked to throw his 440 Plymouth in reverse at 30 and see how much backwards tire spin he could get.

That's 78,000 miles of teenage use; not great, but not super terrible. 60K is super terrible.
    80s-90s era V6 cars perhaps?

Back around 1997, my dad bought a T&C, it was hard loaded, I think MSRP or OTD price on it was in the upper 30s. Most expensive car he ever bought. IIRC before 6 months was up, the transmission went. What irked him most was the loaner car provided by the small town dealer who didn't have a loaner fleet, so they gave him a Celebrity that was laying around - he hated that thing. To the van's credit, I don't recall it having any big issues from that point, and was going strong at close to 200K miles when the family sold it after he passed.

sda said:

YMMV

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    edited July 2022

The first EV of the modern era looks, even by today's standards, surprisingly handsome. Reviewed by Car & Driver in 1960 the Pioneer Electric, came with two electric motors, a top speed of 50 mph, and 150 miles of promised range, and it cost $1,995. Read the reader comments that follow the article.

THE PIONEER ELECTRIC’S BATTERIES.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a40396178/first-electric-vehicle-car-and-driver-ever-reviewed/?source=nl&amp;utm_source=nl_cdb&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;date=063022&amp;utm_campaign=nl28190934&amp;utm_term=AAA -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers

I saw an older Town and Country minivan this afternoon with a really bad case of body rust. It looked like some of the pictures that @oldfarmer50 has posted before. My first thought was, "That thing must be from somewhere in the frozen northern wastelands!". And sure enough, the license plate was from South Dakota.
    I’ve seen a number of stories about how both Carvana and Vroom have gotten in trouble because they sell cars and then never forward a title. I made me think how at one of our company lots there are about 100 cars that we bought used somewhere that have never been registered or plated because, I was told, the broker never gave us the titles.

I’m going to have to ask who we were doing business with.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

I’ve seen a number of stories about how both Carvana and Vroom have gotten in trouble because they sell cars and then never forward a title. I made me think how at one of our company lots there are about 100 cars that we bought used somewhere that have never been registered or plated because, I was told, the broker never gave us the titles.

———————————————
    Would you be surprised if it was Carvana and Vroom?

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

———————————————
    Would you be surprised if it was Carvana and Vroom?

jmonroe
    Not at all. The company has been scrambling to buy up everything. This spring we were traveling all over to pick up used cars they had purchased from dealers. Normally we’d hand them a check for a few hundred thousand or a million and drive the cars out by the dozens. Usually we’d take the titles with us but whoever the broker was for these recent deliveries must have been playing games.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    I remember my buddies and I going around looking for new cars to see where the gas was put in.

There were some pretty innovative places until they all started using the flap.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    A little July 4th. holiday humor
    A policeman in New York City stops traffic just for a cat to carry its kittens across the street, 1925.
    venture said:

I remember my buddies and I going around looking for new cars to see where the gas was put in.

————————————————-
    The one I liked best was on the ‘55 Caddy (I’m pretty sure that was the year) where you pushed a button on the left rear taillight and the light assembly dropped down so you could see the gas cap.

I remember being on a business trip to Oxnard CA. with a young female engineer in the late ‘80s and saw an old Caddy in the parking garage of the Embassy Suites where we were staying. I told her where the gas cap was located and she wanted me to show her. I was reluctant to do that but she insisted so to make her happy I held my breath hoping that no one was looking. She could not get over that and talked about it for years to fellow employees. It got to be a joke and folks who never heard the story were coaxed to ask her. She’d gladly tell them along with never failing to tell them how I was a chicken, fearing I’d be shot for showing her where the gas cap was located. Lots of laughs over the years about that.

jmonroe
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

————————————————-
    The one I liked best was on the ‘55 Caddy (I’m pretty sure that was the year) where you pushed a button on the left rear taillight and the light assembly dropped down so you could see the gas cap.

I remember being on a business trip to Oxnard CA. with a young female engineer in the late ‘80s and saw an old Caddy in the parking garage of the Embassy Suites where we were staying. I told her where the gas cap was located and she wanted me to show her. I was reluctant to do that but she insisted so to make her happy I held my breath hoping that no one was looking. She could not get over that and talked about it for years to fellow employees. It got to be a joke and folks who never heard the story were coaxed to ask her. She’d gladly tell them along with never failing to tell them how I was a chicken, fearing I’d be shot for showing her where the gas cap was located. Lots of laughs over the years about that.

jmonroe
    I don't remember that on the Cadillac, but I do on the Chevrolet. The summer of 1965, when I was 14, I worked in a gas station. Full service, of course, there was no other kind. We always cleaned the windshield, we always asked, "Check the hood?" or "Check the oil?" And we would check and fill all 4 tires if requested.

6 days, 12 hours a day, 72 hours for $45 (before taxes).

I thought I knew a fair bit about cars, I certainly knew that the Corvair was rear engine. Corvair owners were very prone to ask me to check the oil so that they could laugh at me if I went to the wrong end of the car. But I will admit to having to ask where the fuel filler was a couple of times, some of them were really strange.
  • ventureventure Member Posts: 2,860
    jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

————————————————-

jmonroe
    Actually, I'm pretty sure, it flipped up.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

venture said:

————————————————-

jmonroe
    Actually, I'm pretty sure, it flipped up.
    ———————————————
    Up down what’s the difference? The cap was in there. :#:#

jmonroe
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    edited July 2022

Just got back from the Great Smokey Mountains. Have to say I was impressed with the Accords CVT. Handled steep inclines like a boss. Plenty of power with no lagging.

Gatlinburg is starting to become an alcoholics paradise. Every time I go back there's more winerys, more moonshine stores...hard cider. Sample 3 for free, or sample all for $5! No beer sampling though. Guess they have their standards.

2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    Did anyone see the recent news story about the beautiful Australian heiress who was arrested for having her way with a 14 year old kid, 4 times in a 24 hour span? An actual news story. In the comments section one guy said. "Sadly, the 14 year old passed away from being high fived to death by his friends".

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Truck rentals are nuts. I think I mentioned before that I am getting a Uhaul (15 foot box with grandmas attic) to take a load up when we go to close on our new house (real movers take the bulk of the stuff a week later). Mostly so they can fit everything, but also so we have enough stuff to be able to stay for a few days.

point of the story, the weird way Uhaul works with regions, if I pick up the truck local to me it costs about 50% more than if I go 1/2 hour or so to Delaware to pick it up. Same truck, and they actually give me about 40 extra miles. I think the price differential was about $220? Maybe $320 vs. $540. probably not worth the hassle but seemed like a good idea at the time!

out of curiosity, after reading some Youtube comments (yes I was watching videos about how to load a truck) I checked out Penske. Without a discount code (I think wife's work gets like 20% off) they were even more, with a 16' straight truck maybe $850 (picked up local to me). But I saw that they had a 26' for cheaper, only $499, and thought I should grab that deal. Then I looked closer and realized I missed a digit.

they wanted $4,990 to rent a 26' van for 2 days and 300 miles (though I think they might have listed it as unlimited miles). Blew my mind. My entire move including all the loading and unloading, and having them come and pack the kitchen, is less than that! I can't imagine any paying that price.

stickguy said:

Truck rentals are nuts. I think I mentioned before that I am getting a Uhaul (15 foot box with grandmas attic) to take a load up when we go to close on our new house (real movers take the bulk of the stuff a week later). Mostly so they can fit everything, but also so we have enough stuff to be able to stay for a few days.

point of the story, the weird way Uhaul works with regions, if I pick up the truck local to me it costs about 50% more than if I go 1/2 hour or so to Delaware to pick it up. Same truck, and they actually give me about 40 extra miles. I think the price differential was about $220? Maybe $320 vs. $540. probably not worth the hassle but seemed like a good idea at the time!

out of curiosity, after reading some Youtube comments (yes I was watching videos about how to load a truck) I checked out Penske. Without a discount code (I think wife's work gets like 20% off) they were even more, with a 16' straight truck maybe $850 (picked up local to me). But I saw that they had a 26' for cheaper, only $499, and thought I should grab that deal. Then I looked closer and realized I missed a digit.

they wanted $4,990 to rent a 26' van for 2 days and 300 miles (though I think they might have listed it as unlimited miles). Blew my mind. My entire move including all the loading and unloading, and having them come and pack the kitchen, is less than that! I can't imagine any paying that price.

I rented a lot of Uhaul trucks years ago when my truck was out of action for several months. I rented a Penske truck once when Uhaul wasn’t available. The Uhauls were much cheaper for local use because the mileage charge didn’t add up much but for a 300 mile trip I’d do the math first. Penske included enough mileage that I didn’t have to pay extra.

One thing that was very clear was that many of the Uhaul trucks were beaten to death and had multiple mechanical or safety issues. One had the rear running lights dangling by wires. Had I not been so desperate I never would have rented them. Certainly not for a long trip. The Penske truck was twice as expensive but pristine.

stickguy said:

————————————————
    I’d say the 5 grand number is the number with an extra digit. If not, that truck is going to die with the mileage it has now.

jmonroe
    It seems U-Haul hasn’t improved thru the years. When I moved from Knoxville to Charlotte I drove a medium size Ford moving truck that ran Hot soon after I began my trip. I was by myself and couldn’t imagine having to call for assistance or having to unload and reload. It was summer and at least 90, already hot inside the truck, no ac or working radio. Going for broke I turned the heater on and slid the temp all the way to hot. The temp gauge just barely came out of the hot zone, I pushed on. Any speed over 60 it went back to hot. I was annoyed, hot and uncomfortable but I made it to Charlotte safely.

I have had a lot of Uhauls in the last 4 years, thanks to my daughter moving constantly. Most were fine. What they tend to do though (and I recall talking to one of the Uhaul people about it) was keep the crappy ones for local use, and use the better ones for one-way use.

Farmer, it is actually cheaper for mine to go one way. basically they are charging me about $1.00/mile (maybe $1.05) based on the included miles, but giving me the truck for 2 days for "free" (truck is normally either $29.99 or $39.99 per day, plus $.99-$1.49 per mile depending on day of the week).

I assume it is solely because they need the trucks up north so I am doing them a favor!

“ I assume it is solely because they need the trucks up north so I am doing them a favor!”

I think that’s exactly it. More are moving out of NY than into it. Same with California where it’s 10X more costly to leave the state than to enter.

sda said:

It seems U-Haul hasn’t improved thru the years. When I moved from Knoxville to Charlotte I drove a medium size Ford moving truck that ran Hot soon after I began my trip. I was by myself and couldn’t imagine having to call for assistance or having to unload and reload. It was summer and at least 90, already hot inside the truck, no ac or working radio. Going for broke I turned the heater on and slid the temp all the way to hot. The temp gauge just barely came out of the hot zone, I pushed on. Any speed over 60 it went back to hot. I was annoyed, hot and uncomfortable but I made it to Charlotte safely.

————————————————-
    When I moved back to the Burgh from SC in August of ‘97 I rented two 26 foot U-Haul trucks with grandma’s attic. Before I signed for them I told the guy I wanted to drive them for a few miles to make sure everything was working. The guy assured me the trucks were in good shape but I had to prove it to myself. Fortunately everything worked and the AC would give you the chills on both trucks. When I got back the guy said, “I told you they were in good shape. When I rent trucks for an out of state move like you’re doing, the last thing I want is for you to have a breakdown and come in here waving a gun”.

Fast forward to when I moved out of my Mom’s house when we finally found a house in October of ‘98, I got a U-Haul truck the was in almost OK condition. I say almost because when I went to back it into the driveway the clutch slipped so badly that the truck wouldn’t back up. I had to drive it around the block and stop it on the street to unload it. When I turned the truck in I told the guy about it and he was very apologetic. I told him his apology didn’t help the extra work I went through. Only then did he take 30 bucks off the rental price.

I’ve noticed since then that U-Hauls rented for local moves seem to be pretty worn out and probably wouldn’t be used for long distance moves.

jmonroe
  • mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,222
    edited July 2022

I must have timed it just right $380 for unlimited mile 7 day Kia Sorrento rental. I used some points so only paid $330. I think I put 1350 miles on it.

Yes, I took a picture of the two returned keys (since it’s a Kia) and the full fuel gauge….

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    Long video, but will be all too familiar to those of us who owned and worked any British car (mine was an MGB-GT).

https://youtu.be/S3HKhDSInBw
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring

Long video, but will be all too familiar to those of us who owned and worked any British car (mine was an MGB-GT).

https://youtu.be/S3HKhDSInBw

————————————————-
    All that work and he never found the air-bags. :o

jmonroe