Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

corvette said:

Wow! What was that someone said about used car prices finally coming down?
    What, they came down $750. What more do you want? Are you trying to steal it from them? Car salesman have kids to feed too!
    :smile:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,977
    When you can, more pics inside please and overall driving and livability impressions. Finally your long wait paid off.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• 28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,385

Whew. That thing is serious business.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,421

Nice job @qbrozen ! Enjoy!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    Makes me think of Jon and Kate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,084
    Ideal commuter vehicle. B)

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262

People are going to be asking qb's wife if she is there to fix their hvac or deliver their amazon package. :p

It also resembles one of the Bookmobiles the library in my hometown had. :p
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,934
    soooo much modding to be done! lol.
    But I told her it is going on the trip FIRST. If, by the time we return, she says "yep, this is a keeper," then we can put money into it. First on her list are rear windows that open.

I'll get more interior pics in the daylight. I drove it home because she wants to get comfortable with it in familiar surroundings. It drives WAY better than I imagined. On the highway, you can very quickly forget the size of the beast. Probably predictably, it provides the best seating position for my 6'5" frame of any vehicle I've ever been in, and the 12-way seat helps. Less predictably, I can stand up almost completely straight inside. That's just crazy. A couple of little details I love: fold out cupholders under every seat in the back and every row has 1-2 cell phone holders with USB-C ports.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,544
    qbrozen said:

But I told her it is going on the trip FIRST. If, by the time we return, she says "yep, this is a keeper," then we can put money into it. First on her list are rear windows that open.

I'll get more interior pics in the daylight. I drove it home because she wants to get comfortable with it in familiar surroundings. It drives WAY better than I imagined. On the highway, you can very quickly forget the size of the beast. Probably predictably, it provides the best seating position for my 6'5" frame of any vehicle I've ever been in, and the 12-way seat helps. Less predictably, I can stand up almost completely straight inside. That's just crazy. A couple of little details I love: fold out cupholders under every seat in the back and every row has 1-2 cell phone holders with USB-C ports.

————————————————
    It seems to have a good bit of length to it but you should have ordered the model that gives you a few more inches of head room. That way you could have a few of your friends over for an indoor basketball game.

Good luck with it.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,906
    edited August 2022
    There could be no better vehicle for a long road trip with a family. They do drive nice. At my old job we had two of them, very comfortable for a long ride even in cargo configuration. Fun fact you can load full pallets in them with a forklift.

It does need some new wheels if you are keeping it (my humble opinion :smile: )

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271

It does need some new wheels if you are keeping it (my humble opinion :smile: )

Just some dog dishes?

I parked next to new Tundra Capstone last night. That is one seriously nice truck. I’d cringe to see how much over MSRP they paid. A broker oh LH has one for 2k over but the original price was 15k over.

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    edited August 2022
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    tjc78 said:

I parked next to new Tundra Capstone last night. That is one seriously nice truck. I’d cringe to see how much over MSRP they paid. A broker oh LH has one for 2k over but the original price was 15k over.

That's the Hybrid, right?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

<
    mjfloyd1 said:

Have to paint the bumper to pull off that look

Have to do a lot more than that.

With the uncertain future this thing likely has I would keep it as an anonymous white-painted van with steelies until it departs the herd and not put one thin dime into "enhancing" it.

• au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,381
    kyfdx said:

tjc78 said:

I thought they all were now.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

I like the industrial wheels. It basically has black dog dishes. Suppose if I was adventurous, I’d paint the steelies black and put on chrome centers. But new wheels? Nah.

And, yes, it all comes down to if it is a keeper. Wife hasn’t even driven it and she was shopping accessories last night.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

BTW, I’m visiting some dealers today to shop the 4xe. Hopefully someone steps up.

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    qbrozen said:

Should have gotten it in yellow then you could rent it out on Turo as a school bus. :*

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    au1994 said:

kyfdx said:

tjc78 said:

I don't think so..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    jmonroe1 said:

qbrozen said:

————————————————
    It seems to have a good bit of length to it but you should have ordered the model that gives you a few more inches of head room. That way you could have a few of your friends over for an indoor basketball game.

Good luck with it.

jmonroe
    Just be careful taking it into parking garages. Many of them have an 8’2” limit and if that has the same height as a Ford Transit it will scrape the roof.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    edited August 2022
    I finally got a response from my Toyota salesperson on reserving a GR86. He said I could come in and “order” one. Do you really order a Toyota? Or is it more about stating your preferences, placing a deposit, and getting notified when one is allocated to them with your preferred options and colors?

And despite my initial lukewarm response to the BMW iX, I’m starting to think a bit more about it. Depending on the amount and terms of the deposit, I’m considering ordering one and just seeing what happens between that and the R1S.

And still thinking about the Integra, the Z. Did I mention I really like the refreshed Palisade? :)

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

@qbrozen - hope your wife likes the Transit, ‘cause I look forward to seeing your modifications on it.

@breld said:
    @qbrozen - hope your wife likes the Transit, ‘cause I look forward to seeing your modifications on it.

Bite your tongue!
    It is a Sprinter. ;b

Down here in the Mt laurel sort of area. Visited Carshop and now at Carmax. Any others I should try?

• graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    qbrozen said:

Me likey! Congrats!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    qbrozen said:

Down here in the Mt laurel sort of area. Visited Carshop and now at Carmax. Any others I should try?

Auto lenders. Head south on RT73

au1994 said:

kyfdx said:

tjc78 said:

Yes Hybrid. Base is a turbo 3.5 V6

Should have gotten it in yellow then you could rent it out on Turo as a school bus. :*

Or let the wife get a set of headlight eyelashes and some grille whiskers for it and let Truly Nolen use it. Can't put mouse ears on the roof though because it wouldn't clear overpasses. :D

qbrozen said:

@breld said:

Bite your tongue!

It is a Sprinter. ;b

Whoops! I was thinking something seemed wrong as I was typing that out!

@tjc78 said:
    Auto lenders. Head south on RT73

Got an online offer from them. It was terrible.

So far, all offers are bad. May wind up keeping it.

They seem to be hit or miss with their quotes. When you say “bad” .. you mean upside down bad or just not worth it to you to sell.

@tjc78 said:
    They seem to be hit or miss with their quotes. When you say “bad” .. you mean upside down bad or just not worth it to you to sell.

Not worth it. I can get back what I have in it plus $1k profit.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    edited August 2022
    More like an impulsive buyer, a friend of mine just let go of a Ford Fusion and replaced it with...drumroll please...a 2018 Cadillac CT6 hybrid. He bought the Ford new in late 2017, I forget if it is a 17 or 18, paid 22K for it - not loaded, bought it as a commuter. He says they gave him 16K for the Ford, and the Caddy was 46K. Caddy is a 30K mile lease return, local car, CPO. He made no mention of this the last time I talked to him, and it sounds like it just randomly happened when he was "looking". He's long had a thing for the CT6, he has unusual taste in cars, his other car is a green on green hard loaded Lincoln MKZ hybrid, which will apparently be used as a commuter (spouse works from home and doesn't object to the Caddy).
    The CT6 was a lovely car. I either was unaware of the hybrid or had forgotten that they offered that. What is the color combo?

White (I assume a pearlescent white) with "cinnamon" interior, which is kind of a saddle color.

I remember he test drove one back in the day, and I was with him, he was a fan.
    ab348 said:

The CT6 was a lovely car. I either was unaware of the hybrid or had forgotten that they offered that. What is the color combo?

• carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited August 2022
    I believe that Caddy has a “mild hybrid”. It will save some gas. It seems to in my son’s ‘22 Audi A3, FWIW.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,306
    A lot of 1/2 ton pickups would be technically overloaded with a 1/2 of cargo since you have to include the weight of the driver..
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    carnaught said:

I believe that Caddy has a “mild hybrid”. It will save some gas. It seems to in my son’s ‘22 Audi A3, FWIW.

He's happy with the efficiency of his MKZ, I suspect the CT6 will be a similar (more posh) experience).

Years ago he had a Prius, hated it, but doesn't seem to have been turned off hybrids.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Drove a newish 2022 Honda Civic EX-L hatch yesterday with just over 6600 miles on it that we bought from a local Honda store. Liked the inside a lot as ergonomically, it's about perfect. The rear fascia is less boy-racer now and makes it all look like a more mature sedan. Being an EX-L, it had leather seats and the sunroof but the audio system was nothing to write home about. Was probably their everyday 180 watt system and sounded just o k, nothing to crow about. Do think Honda will sell every one they can make though as it makes the Toyota Corolla look downright ancient now. Seriously, Toyota needs to up their game with the Corolla cause even the Korean makes are just so much better. The Elantra is really looking so nice now and their "N" model is really good looking.
    A real shame VW decided not to import the lowly Golf anymore as I'd probably be in the market very soon. Did drive another Mini Cooper Countryman at work today and didn't notice any real turbo lag when taking off from a stop. My Golf has a definite lag with each forward movement after a full stop unless I put the shifter into "S" mode before I move. No more turbo lag but being in sport mode, it holds each additional shift longer until the tach drops the rpm's. Uses a bit more petrol unless I remember to pop the shifter back into "D" mode right away. But noticed today, only used an 1/8th of a tank of petrol since last Saturday when last time I stopped at the pumps. Was just curious to see how much I was using each week and really isn't much. Working so close to home these last few years has really slowed down the number of miles I'm putting on my Golf which is fine with me.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

edited August 2022
    Van has the same steering wheel as MY 2019-20 E-class (and maybe C-class and others as well).
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    Interesting that on the RAV4 Prime, the standard onboard charger is 3.3 kW and takes 4.5 hours to charge the battery from empty using a Level 2 supply, whereas the higher optioned ones have a 6.6 kW charger and can charge in 2.5 hours. Given that the use case for plug-in hybrids is that they are designed to be charged overnight, every night, I doubt that it will make much of a difference for most people, and I'm sure it allows them to hit a lower price point.
    @qbrozen
    That is much nicer inside than I realized!

I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the MB Sprinter is the way to go