Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Did dealer avoid important warranty repair?

Cool4SchoolCool4School Member Posts: 2
edited August 2022 in Porsche
> OCT4 2021 - Engine light comes on. Checked code shows P0C32. (Code comes and goes over prev months) - proof of date on phone.
Plus, Display pops up on dash "Hybrid System Fault"
Research seems to indicate P0C32 is usually a hybrid batt coolant pump problem.
They replace the hybrid battery under warranty-which-expires by the time I get the car back on Dec 23, 2021. All good!
> APR13 2022 - Oct 4 happens all over again! - Engine light on + code P0C32 + popup "Hybrid System Fault."
They check car, reset code, drive for "3 drive cycles," and say, "no code repeat" and send me home.
On this date it seemed obvious to me that they never fixed the P0C32 related problem which destroyed the battery. I spent an hour trying to convince them that they should have fixed this problem while still under warranty. And that the battery was the result of the problem. And I told them that this new battery they gave me is also going to get destroyed if they don't fix the problem. But they were not convinced and said come back if another problem
> Today, Aug 16, 2022, check engine light plus multi hybrid battery related codes show up, first P0C47
P0C4B, P0C4C, P0CDF, P0CE2, P0D1A, P0D1D, then U0073 (communication bus?) ... I just dropped the car off, they should check it out in a couple of days.
TWO QUESTIONS
1. Do they owe it to me to fix the new damage that (I believe) was never fixed in warranty.
2. Also I have a recording of the lady saying that the hybrid battery that was replaced under warranty also has a two-year warranty.
But since the day she said that they are all saying that is not true and that the replaced battery is not under warranty because it was replace free under orig warranty.
Do you think this is true

Comments

• thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,745
    A battery replaced under warranty does not start a new warranty. The original warranty is a contract that was lived up to by the manufacturer with the replacement of the battery.

A replacement battery that is purchased by a vehicle owner likely comes with a warranty, That's a totally different situation.

A lot of the European manufacturers don't publish service information the way that North American and Asian manufacturers do. They typically write it directly into the software for the scan tool and since it isn't published separately for the dealers, they don't have to make it available separately for independent technicians. Their position on this is if we want access to the information, we have to buy the scan tool that has the information in it. A limited search online only revealed one of the code descriptions, but little else. The first one, the P0C47 sets when the module detects an open in the cooling pump motor circuit. Without accurate service information I cannot even quickly prove where the pump is even located let alone put together a plan to do any testing of it.

While overheating a battery is bad for it, that doesn't automatically equal a direct cause of failure.

On this date it seemed obvious to me that they never fixed the P0C32 related problem which destroyed the battery. I spent an hour trying to convince them that they should have fixed this problem while still under warranty. And that the battery was the result of the problem. And I told them that this new battery they gave me is also going to get destroyed if they don't fix the problem. But they were not convinced and said come back if another problem

If that problem was never "fixed" then why is the over temperature condition this difficult to duplicate on a daily basis? At the same time I still have to locate the pump, it's controller and all of the wiring involved. If these items are inside of the battery assembly would they have been replaced too with the new battery, or would they have to be transferred between the battery assemblies? If they are outside of the battery and have never been addressed it is possible the failure has been occurring since before the warranty was up but it's also possible that this might have nothing at all to do with what was done. There just isn't enough information to work with yet. Let's see what they say and get more information and see if that helps gain some insight.

• Cool4SchoolCool4School Member Posts: 2
    You have taken the time to truly answer my question as thoroughly as you could, instead of just a quick response. For this I am so very very grateful. You are an incredible human being my friend. Thanks again! :)