Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027
    @JustinS - Are my eyes deceiving me or are the rear seats all-black?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,461
    nyccarguy said:

xwesx said:

nyccarguy said:

Having an extra car does come in handy. Especially since loaners are scarce. Very easy to have my wife meet me somewhere in the evening and do a night drop. My wife can always drive the other car and I could theoretically spend some time with my beloved Prelude. Alas the Prelude is not currently road worthy. So I'll either make and appointment and wait or rent.

I missed that invite for some wrenching time. :(
    I've got the majority of the parts sitting in my garage on a shelf. You are more than welcome. I don't want anything for free and I am more than willing to pay.
    ————————————————-
    Don’t be so quick to pay for something that you could easily get for free. That guy actually likes getting his hands dirty. :o

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,084
    ab348 said:

@JustinS - Are my eyes deceiving me or are the rear seats all-black?

No - you may be seeing the rear center console, which is black.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

JustinS said:

JustinS said:

jmonroe1 said:

JustinS said:

xwesx said:

kyfdx said:

@sda @JustinS just bought an LC 500. Traded his Santa Cruz for it.

Wow; that's not a big change or anything!
    I loved the Santa Cruz (had it just shy of a year and put 12,500 miles on it). But I found this 2019 LC 500 with only 1,100 miles on it in the exact color combination I've dreamed of owning, so I wanted to take advantage of the higher-than-normal trade value of the Hyundai to get into this.

It's been a blast to own so far. I had it ceramic coated a week after getting it.

————————————————
    Wow, that’s a nice looking car alright. I have question for you…I’ve heard that those ceramic coatings are so slick that they can even increase your gas mileage. Have you noticed a bump, or is that just snake oil talk? :o

In any case enjoy it and give us a couple progress updates.

jmonroe
    No change in gas mileage :)
    VERY NICE. Big Congrats! Count me as another who would LOVE to see pics of that RED interior!
    Thanks! Here are some interior shots...

————————————————-
    Very nice.

Another question, did the car come with that string draped over the console or did you put it there? :*

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • JustinSJustinS Administrator Posts: 57
    jmonroe1 said:

JustinS said:

JustinS said:

jmonroe1 said:

JustinS said:

xwesx said:

kyfdx said:

I loved the Santa Cruz (had it just shy of a year and put 12,500 miles on it). But I found this 2019 LC 500 with only 1,100 miles on it in the exact color combination I've dreamed of owning, so I wanted to take advantage of the higher-than-normal trade value of the Hyundai to get into this.

It's been a blast to own so far. I had it ceramic coated a week after getting it.

————————————————
    Wow, that’s a nice looking car alright. I have question for you…I’ve heard that those ceramic coatings are so slick that they can even increase your gas mileage. Have you noticed a bump, or is that just snake oil talk? :o

jmonroe
    VERY NICE. Big Congrats! Count me as another who would LOVE to see pics of that RED interior!

————————————————-
    Very nice.

Another question, did the car come with that string draped over the console or did you put it there? :*

jmonroe
    Rear seats are red with black leather armrest in the middle. You're seeing my cord to use Apple CarPlay!
    Edmunds Customer Care
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    My dealer confirmed that hybrid ordering is being closed this afternoon. That was quick. He can still make changes to order specifics after that so he’s holding off on mine to later this week. Going from XLT to Lariat is ok, just can’t change engine. Might change color too.

Hopefully they cut off much quicker and can actually fill orders this time without huge waits.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

stickguy said:

My dealer confirmed that hybrid ordering is being closed this afternoon. That was quick. He can still make changes to order specifics after that so he’s holding off on mine to later this week. Going from XLT to Lariat is ok, just can’t change engine. Might change color too.

Hopefully they cut off much quicker and can actually fill orders this time without huge waits.

————————————————-
    Wanna bet?

jmonroe
    In this case, yes.

It was pretty well documented that this time they were not trying to take orders through year end, rather doing it in batches. Most likely they open it back up some time early next year. Or just fill out production with dealer inventory.

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    edited September 2022

This Maverick ordering process will drive a man to drink!

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,559
    JustinS said:

JustinS said:

jmonroe1 said:

JustinS said:

xwesx said:

kyfdx said:

————————————————

jmonroe

Beautiful interior but what is that wing thing going between the console and dash on the passenger’s side?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    xwesx said:

nyccarguy said:

xwesx said:

nyccarguy said:

Having an extra car does come in handy. Especially since loaners are scarce. Very easy to have my wife meet me somewhere in the evening and do a night drop. My wife can always drive the other car and I could theoretically spend some time with my beloved Prelude. Alas the Prelude is not currently road worthy. So I'll either make and appointment and wait or rent.

I missed that invite for some wrenching time. :(
    I've got the majority of the parts sitting in my garage on a shelf. You are more than welcome. I don't want anything for free and I am more than willing to pay.
    Ah, man. I'm seriously bummed. We should have discussed it a few weeks ago, and I surely could have fit in the time. At this point, I won't be able to make it because we're leaving in a week, and we have my MIL's celebration of life on Sunday (so my wife has my fully booked from now until then).

However... if you still have those parts stacked up in 11 months.... we're on!
    You are serious, aren't you? I'm sure after diagnosing and replacing things on your Q7's diesel engine, working on My Prelude's H22 should be refreshingly simple. In the next 11 months, I can accumulate MORE parts. I didn't think your travels took you as far east as CT.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

stickguy said:

In this case, yes.

It was pretty well documented that this time they were not trying to take orders through year end, rather doing it in batches. Most likely they open it back up some time early next year. Or just fill out production with dealer inventory.

———————————————
    For me to believe it, I’ll have to see it. Ford doesn’t have the best tract record so far with the Maverick launch. But it will be nice if it works this time.

jmonroe
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,027
    stickguy said:

It was pretty well documented that this time they were not trying to take orders through year end, rather doing it in batches.

Most people probably weren't expecting it to go to year-end. But it would have been nice if they could have made it to the end of the first week.

I find it very difficult to get my head around why this has been such a headache for Ford as compared to other manufacturers.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

sda said:

————————————————-
    That’s probably the best thing to come out of it. o:)

jmonroe
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    JustinS said:

JustinS said:

jmonroe1 said:

JustinS said:

xwesx said:

kyfdx said:

————————————————

jmonroe

so that's where the Veloster got it's interior ideas from. Corvette too sort of.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    ab348 said:

stickguy said:

It was pretty well documented that this time they were not trying to take orders through year end, rather doing it in batches.

Most people probably weren't expecting it to go to year-end. But it would have been nice if they could have made it to the end of the first week.

I find it very difficult to get my head around why this has been such a headache for Ford as compared to other manufacturers.
    ————————————————-
    Could it be that Ford is trying to find out how much interest there is in the Maverick? Maybe they’ll built more plants to satisfy the production needs. It has to be something but so far they haven’t found the answer.

The way they’re going about it another manufacturer who doesn’t even have a competing model on the drawing board yet will launch their model and eat Ford’s lunch.

jmonroe
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    wow. I'm just dumbfounded. I don't understand the shipping game.

Had an offer on Shiply 12 days ago to transport my Pajero. I wrote, before I even accepted, to confirm they understood this is in port and requires a driver with TWIC and knowledge of port pickup procedure. Yes, he confirmed, this is all good, no problem.

5 days go by. Nothing. I emailed and he tells me he can't find anyone to do it for the price he said he would. They want $100 more. I tell him I need this done, I'll pay another $100. That was on Wednesday. Thursday, nobody booked. Friday, nobody booked. Tells me Monday or Tuesday. Come yesterday, he says someone is getting it tomorrow. Today comes and about an hour ago I get a text that the driver has been waiting at the port for 3 hours and to call him.

No idea what I'm supposed to do about it, so I call him. He is complaining about waiting and he has other jobs to do. I say, "Ok. Well, you have to do what you have to do. Thanks for letting me know." I text broker that the guy isn't going to do the job. So he calls me and is telling me the guy can't wait there all day. Ok, thanks for sharing. I tell him I guess that's that and, once again, I'll have to take care of this myself. Then starts the shakedown. Telling me the guy wasted his time, he has bills to pay, etc. I should call him and offer more money. I said he already told me he can't wait. He didn't say he'd wait for a price. He can't wait. In my world, that is that. You have stated what you CAN'T do. End of discussion. Then he is trying to get me to pay for the guy's time he already wasted. HUH? Dude, that's not my fault. You all do this for a living and should know full well what is going to happen with a shipment. I already agreed to pay more because of the extra hassle. I already paid $100 deposit to him (the broker), and he is more than welcome to pass that on to the poor driver. He says "I have to get paid for my time, too!" To which I answered he didn't do the job. You don't get paid for NOT doing a job (although, in this case, he is getting away with $100).

He kept talking over me and repeating himself, so it got to the point that I yelled at him and hung up on him and blocked his number. It takes A LOT to make me yell. I am NOT happy!

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,756
    @JustinS

Wow! The Lexus grille is an acquired taste, but they sure nailed that interior!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    corvette said:

Mass email from Chapman Ford of Horsham just went out stating they have earned a grand total of 11 Maverick allocations for MY 2023 (despite selling/ordering approximately 300 in MY 2022). The spreadsheet they attached isn't clear, and I'm hoping that's for dealer stock and that customer orders don't count against that.

Seems kinda harsh. :/
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,236
    What a hassle, @qbrozen ... Why did the driver have to wait at the port for three hours? And why was it your problem that the broker originally accepted your job at a set price then couldn't find a driver willing to accept what he was willing to pay?
    edited September 2022
    nyccarguy said:

You are serious, aren't you? I'm sure after diagnosing and replacing things on your Q7's diesel engine, working on My Prelude's H22 should be refreshingly simple. In the next 11 months, I can accumulate MORE parts. I didn't think your travels took you as far east as CT.

They don't.... unless I have a reason to go that far! I struck out twice on "coastal" trips this time around.

1. My wife wanted us to take a trip to Baltimore to do some sort of nature/history stuff with our daughter in the bay area. Without looking at the map, I'm thinking that CT and MD are about the same distance time-wise. However, we ran out of time to get this one in.

2. @explorerx4 opted for some "professional" outfit to transport his Mustang. :(

That's okay, though. I completed lots of stuff here on this trip, and I still have a couple projects to finish up before we drive out.

Beautiful interior but what is that wing thing going between the console and dash on the passenger’s side?

Those are for the passenger to grab when the driver gets overly feisty with the curves.
    qbrozen said:

He kept talking over me and repeating himself, so it got to the point that I yelled at him and hung up on him and blocked his number. It takes A LOT to make me yell. I am NOT happy!

That's pretty nuts. Was the driver waiting at the port just to get in, or were his expectations and the information you gave the broker not synced up? I mean, was he waiting for you to be there or something? Sounds to me like you were hiring someone to go to the port, pick up the vehicle, and deliver it to your house.

You have a big heavy duty van now, right? No need for shippers. :expressionless:
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    qbrozen said:

Had an offer on Shiply 12 days ago to transport my Pajero. I wrote, before I even accepted, to confirm they understood this is in port and requires a driver with TWIC and knowledge of port pickup procedure. Yes, he confirmed, this is all good, no problem.

5 days go by. Nothing. I emailed and he tells me he can't find anyone to do it for the price he said he would. They want $100 more. I tell him I need this done, I'll pay another $100. That was on Wednesday. Thursday, nobody booked. Friday, nobody booked. Tells me Monday or Tuesday. Come yesterday, he says someone is getting it tomorrow. Today comes and about an hour ago I get a text that the driver has been waiting at the port for 3 hours and to call him.

No idea what I'm supposed to do about it, so I call him. He is complaining about waiting and he has other jobs to do. I say, "Ok. Well, you have to do what you have to do. Thanks for letting me know." I text broker that the guy isn't going to do the job. So he calls me and is telling me the guy can't wait there all day. Ok, thanks for sharing. I tell him I guess that's that and, once again, I'll have to take care of this myself. Then starts the shakedown. Telling me the guy wasted his time, he has bills to pay, etc. I should call him and offer more money. I said he already told me he can't wait. He didn't say he'd wait for a price. He can't wait. In my world, that is that. You have stated what you CAN'T do. End of discussion. Then he is trying to get me to pay for the guy's time he already wasted. HUH? Dude, that's not my fault. You all do this for a living and should know full well what is going to happen with a shipment. I already agreed to pay more because of the extra hassle. I already paid $100 deposit to him (the broker), and he is more than welcome to pass that on to the poor driver. He says "I have to get paid for my time, too!" To which I answered he didn't do the job. You don't get paid for NOT doing a job (although, in this case, he is getting away with $100).

Time to fire up Wrangler for a trip to Baltimore. Or maybe the Sprinter?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,253
    @qbrozen,
    Shiply has a review page.

@xwesx,
    Timing wasn't right for transporting the Mustang and it worked out very well. Car car picked up in CT at 8PM and delivered in north central Ohio by noon the next day.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert

@xwesx,
    Timing wasn't right for transporting the Mustang and it worked out very well. Car car picked up in CT at 8PM and delivered in north central Ohio by noon the next day.

Oh, no. It's all understood. I was just poking fun. :D
    I think even ford was surprised at how popular the Maverick was. Even in pre pandemic market they would have been way more demand than supply since they were never going much over 100k in that plant. The rest was ford being ford, and many incompetent dealers. Compounded of course but repeated supply chain, etc. issues. Perfect storm to be a mess!

They would have been better off skipping the customer orders and just shipping what they built to dealers. Like in the old days!

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,591
    You're right about the mess-

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,851

Those delays at Port are a systemic issue. It happens all the time. It’s so bad that many times the trucker runs out of hours waiting for the cargo.

It’s obvious the truck driver they sent is not used to doing this.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

edited September 2022
    jmonroe1 said:

ab348 said:

stickguy said:

————————————————-
    Could it be that Ford is trying to find out how much interest there is in the Maverick? Maybe they’ll built more plants to satisfy the production needs. It has to be something but so far they haven’t found the answer.

The way they’re going about it another manufacturer who doesn’t even have a competing model on the drawing board yet will launch their model and eat Ford’s lunch.

jmonroe
    That would be really unfortunate if Ford blew the introduction of something as popular as the original Mustang.

As to the competition, how is the Santa Cruz doing in terms of supply? That truck is often compared to the Maverick.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

qbrozen said:

Didn’t he know that you are a big importer of JDM autos and that he’s blowing a very lucrative relationship?

What’s this Shiply thing? Is that like UberEats where they just offer the delivery to anyone who comes along? You would think a driver who has port clearance knows what the deal is these days. They should have factored that into any bid.

edited September 2022
    qbrozen said:

After the review, the driver himself called me back. Said he was still there, talked to someone, and should have the car in an hour. He asked for an additional $100. I agreed. Just get it done!

The Wrangler can't haul the Pajero. With the trailer, that would be double its published limit. I had originally planned to getting the Sprinter set up before this arrival, but there were delays getting the hitch. I did just get it this weekend and now installed it this afternoon, in anticipation of having to go to Baltimore myself. My TWIC card is also in the mail, according to TSA. When I have that in hand, I'm not dealing with these shippers ever again.

Oof! That's a lot of drama for so early in the week. But, all is well that ends well, so let's see if the driver ends up coming through for you (and without any, uh, 'oopsies' with the Pajero). How far is the Baltimore run?
    xwesx said:

qbrozen said:

After the review, the driver himself called me back. Said he was still there, talked to someone, and should have the car in an hour. He asked for an additional $100. I agreed. Just get it done!

The Wrangler can't haul the Pajero. With the trailer, that would be double its published limit. I had originally planned to getting the Sprinter set up before this arrival, but there were delays getting the hitch. I did just get it this weekend and now installed it this afternoon, in anticipation of having to go to Baltimore myself. My TWIC card is also in the mail, according to TSA. When I have that in hand, I'm not dealing with these shippers ever again.

Oof! That's a lot of drama for so early in the week. But, all is well that ends well, so let's see if the driver ends up coming through for you (and without any, uh, 'oopsies' with the Pajero). How far is the Baltimore run?
    That’s what I’d be worried about, having an angry driver in control of my property.

• henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

the Port of Baltimore is a huge complex place where it's necessary to know what buildings to go to and what lines to stand in, then there's the 2-hour lunch break during which everything shuts down. Lots of time can be lost if you don't know what you're doing.

Speaking of the "port of Baltimore", did you ever watch "The Wire" on HBO?

2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    Excellent show.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    The San Diego permitting Office used to take lunch breaks with people waiting in line or in the que.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889

Freight brokers are a life form well below car sales people and politicians on the trustworthy scale, with a few notable exceptions. Plus which the Port of Baltimore is a huge complex place where it's necessary to know what buildings to go to and what lines to stand in, then there's the 2-hour lunch break during which everything shuts down. Lots of time can be lost if you don't know what you're doing.

I think you'll be much happier doing it yourself, and after the first few times it'll go like butter. Good luck.

Totally agree. It is such a scam. The whole system needs to be overhauled. What in the world do the brokers contribute? The money they collect should be going to the drivers. A totally unnecessary middleman.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,851

Lol, I feel like I’m talking to my wife (she runs international logistics for a major retailer).

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

Well, I am not pleased. just watching Tim Bartz weekly lifestream, and he said 100% that Ford looked down body code too when they cut off the order bank (which for a hybrid is 3 minutes from now). So my dealer who ordered an XLT by mistake even though I told him I wanted to change to Lariat screwed up twice. He knew he could adjust orders after it closed, but did not realize that he could not change the trim.

so unless he figured it out by tonight and made the changed, or can work some magic off the books with Ford, I will be having a truck come in that isn't what I want. If the order can't be changed I will keep it on the books and figure it out later but it will be a tough call. In it's favor, an XLT Luxury Hybrid is probably the most desirable configuration and given that I would be getting it way below MSRP, if the market for hybrids is still hot I can just take in and start shopping for something to trade it in on!

still probably looking 6 months down the road anyway and who knows what will be going on next spring.

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,498
    henryn said:

Speaking of the "port of Baltimore", did you ever watch "The Wire" on HBO?

Yes sir, I did. The first season was great; those that followed were up and down. Either way, well above average television.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    edited September 2022

Freight brokers are a life form well below car sales people and politicians on the trustworthy scale, with a few notable exceptions. Plus which the Port of Baltimore is a huge complex place where it's necessary to know what buildings to go to and what lines to stand in, then there's the 2-hour lunch break during which everything shuts down. Lots of time can be lost if you don't know what you're doing.

I think you'll be much happier doing it yourself, and after the first few times it'll go like butter. Good luck.

When our son was little we bought him a Cedarworks play set. It was made up of big sections of white cedar. We were told that when Cedarworks shipped to the local freight hauler I was to call their office and set up a delivery time. The guy who picked up the phone clearly didn't give a damn when-or if-I ever received it. I argued with that dumb@ss on a Thursday and Friday and on the following Monday I called Cedarworks and cancelled the order. A few hours later a different shipper pulled up to the house with the play set. I relented and accepted delivery. Cedarworks later sent me a couple of accessories gratis and further advised that they had blacklisted the first beyond incompetent freight company.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

qbrozen said:

Totally agree. It is such a scam. The whole system needs to be overhauled. What in the world do the brokers contribute? The money they collect should be going to the drivers. A totally unnecessary middleman.

Well, when the driver drops off the Pajero, maybe you can work something out for future pickups (if needed)....
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    JustinS said:

JustinS said:

jmonroe1 said:

JustinS said:

xwesx said:

kyfdx said:

————————————————

jmonroe

Ooooohhhhhh……Ahhhhhhh….Love it! Thanks!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    sda said:

Just chatting about this last night with a friend who’s a retired Ford engineer. This is going to come back and bite Ford and their dealers.

Ford can’t seem to get their act together to make, deliver, even order, their own products. And, the dealers, who owe their franchises to Ford, exacerbates what is already a bad situation, by gouging the customers.

Personally, I don’t know that I’ll ever be a Ford customer ever again, as a result.

You can’t tell me when you’re going to deliver a product costing ~$30,000 and want my to pay more for the privilege? Too many other auto companies out there that have products I like to put up with that.

Bold prediction….Ford and their dealers will have stockpiles of inventory they can’t move a year from now.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    xwesx said:

qbrozen said:

Well, when the driver drops off the Pajero, maybe you can work something out for future pickups (if needed)....
    ————————————————-
    “drops off” is a poor choice of words. Better to say “delivers”. :'(

jmonroe
    edited September 2022

Bold prediction….Ford and their dealers will have stockpiles of inventory they can’t move a year from now.

Maybe... a lot of the dealers seem to have a decent amount of F-150s, Edges, and EcoSports (eww!) right now. But, all we need is another gas price spike, and anyone selling an EV or hybrid anything will be able to upcharge for the privilege.