Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chronic Car Buyers Anonymous

Comments

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    edited January 2023

I use my BMW Mastercard to pay for virtually everything. There is a $95 annual fee but in the last year I’ve earned over $2,500 in BMW Rewards cards. I’ve used the cards to pay for 100% of my BMW/Mini service and parts costs for some time.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,543
    edited January 2023
    henryn said:

corvette said:

@oldfarmer50 - some of the points cards provide benefits that more than outweigh their annual fee, if you know how to work their system. I do not, so I stick with no annual fee cards or cards that either offer cash back (and pay off every month) or 0% for XX months (and pay off when the promotion ends).

My ex-wife had one of those cards. She was a frequent business traveler, international as well as domestic, and the perks she got at airports made the card a worthwhile investment.

I have an entry level Amex card, and use it frequently. I pay a fairly small annual fee, which I could easily avoid with a different card, but I find it worth the cost. When I have a dispute with a vendor, Amex is on my side. Visa and Mastercard are on the merchant's side, you have to prove you don't owe the money. Amex is on your side, the merchant has to prove that you do owe. Big difference.
    ————————————————
    Maybe credit card companies have changed how they support their credit card customers now. A few years ago I had a couple disputes and they immediately put those changes in their dispute file (or whatever they called it) until the dispute was settled. However, they were quick to tell me that if they sided with the merchant I’d pay their highest interest rate for the disputed purchases until the dispute was settled and I could have to pay their highest interest rate for use of their card going forward. I knew I was right and could easily prove it and I never carry a balance so that mild threat didn’t bother me either.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081

I use my BMW Mastercard to pay for virtually everything. There is a $95 annual fee but in the last year I’ve earned over $2,500 in BMW Rewards cards. I’ve used the cards to pay for 100% of my BMW/Mini service and parts costs for some time.

Driving a BMW or a Mini, I can understand how having a benefit plan to pay for repairs and maintenance might be really important. :D

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,348
    edited January 2023

Yes, paying nothing for maintenance and repairs is a huge liability; there are just so many downsides to the situation.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    I'm 98% credit card; no annual fee and differing levels of cash back. But, minimum 2% (Costco, 4% on gas, but not at competitors, like BJs). And, of course, pay in full every month. I've been doing this almost all of my adult life. It's the only way I know how to make money...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    sda said:

I really liked our 03 Odyssey. It drove and rode well, got reasonable mpg, was very comfortable and was more versatile than the two Pilots we had later. The two sliding doors allowed for easy access and enabled tall items to be loaded into the vehicle. Removing the middle seats and folding down the third row seat created a huge cargo area. The Odyssey got better gas mileage than the Pilots as well. Often it would get 27 mpg on the road where the Pilots typically would get 22-23mpg in similar driving. I never let the minivan stigma bother me but it did my wife a little thus the 06 and 10 Pilots.

The stigma is because they never made a Odyssey Type S or R.

Did Dodge ever put a HEMI in the minivan?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,789
    andres3 said:

Are you kidding me?! Don't you DARE take away my fold-flat seats to accommodate a HEMI drivetrain! :D
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • henrynhenryn Member Posts: 4,289

I'm 98% credit card; no annual fee and differing levels of cash back. But, minimum 2% (Costco, 4% on gas, but not at competitors, like BJs). And, of course, pay in full every month. I've been doing this almost all of my adult life. It's the only way I know how to make money...

Hmm.... That makes me think of the old joke about the wife who tells her husband she just saved him $500 by getting a 10% discount on her new $5,000 mink coat.
    2023 Chevrolet Silverado, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica
    xwesx said:

andres3 said:

Are you kidding me?! Don't you DARE take away my fold-flat seats to accommodate a HEMI drivetrain! :D
    You joke, but the fact of the matter is that I do like and appreciate the fold flat seats. The elimination of the fold flat middle row on the new Pacifica hybrid is a real detriment to my way of thinking.
  • au1994au1994 Member Posts: 3,380
    We use 2 cards. One for groceries and dining out which gives us 4% back and another for “everything else” including utilities etc that nets us 3%. Pretty good deal on an annual basis.

At the peak of my business travel years I had a corporate card that I had to use. Good and bad. Of course I missed out on a ton of perks or freebies but this was heavy international travel and I could book business class at 6-8k per ticket. Any given month I might buy 2 or 3 of those for upcoming trips.

2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Granite Crystal over Saddle
    2024 Audi Q5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray over Beige
    2017 BMW X1 Jet Black over Mocha

• corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,262
    Depending on what it is, it can be annoying to float the funds for expenses and then submit an expense report. At my old law firm, we had decided to buy a new copier outright to replace one that died, and I definitely grabbed one of the firm's debit cards out of the safe for that transaction instead of waiting to put it on my monthly expense report.
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604

@henryn said:
    You joke, but the fact of the matter is that I do like and appreciate the fold flat seats. The elimination of the fold flat middle row on the new Pacifica hybrid is a real detriment to my way of thinking.

I mean, I guess they could just strap the batteries to the roof…

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

henryn said:

xwesx said:

andres3 said:

I was joking, yes, but I was also being serious: They couldn't put a HEMI in there without really cutting into the interior space of the van, and the whole point of the van is utility, so there's a real conundrum there. As you say, most of the intended audience would not appreciate such a change.

I had a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan w/ AWD, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It was powerful, drove well, the AWD was seamless when needed, and the utility was only bested by - you guessed it - the later vans with the fold flat seats!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
    edited January 2023
    Personally, I prefer the middle row be fold flat versus the rear row. Unless I was needing to haul sheets of plywood or drywall (which required both rows be removed), I would typically remove the middle row (and keep the rear in place for the kids' car seats) because of the ease of accessing whatever I was hauling through the two side doors. When I needed more space in the back, just folding the seatback down for a flat surface on top of the cushions was usually sufficient (versus completely removing the rear bench).

The few times I did need to remove the rear bench, I tended to keep it out for long periods, so the removal and install didn't seem like as much of a pain as when I pulled the middle row to haul something, then had to put it back in at the end of the activity.
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    you can stick any engine you want in a Dodge van.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

"On today's episode, we make our OWN new oil pan!" #maker
  • oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,646
    edited January 2023
    jmonroe1 said:

I guess I’m stepping up in the world.

I just got a solicitation for an American Express card. Interest rates up near 27% and a $700 annual fee but you earn points for both Sak’s and Walmart memberships (funny, I didn’t know Walmart required a membership). Lots of perks if you are a world traveler like tifighter but not so much for an old clod kicker like me.

Do any of you guys require a $700 fee card for your daily life? It definitely seemed to be targeted towards the upper class.

Me, I still use cash for 99% of my purchases.

————————————————
    I stopped doing that years ago. I got tired of going to the ATM for cash every other day. I now use my credit card for everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Even when I go to the convenience store to get a 1/2 gallon of milk. Prices today are set to account for almost everyone using a credit card. The way I look at it is if you pay cash you’re giving these companies a bonus and I don’t want to do that.

I really like the idea that both Home Depot and Lowe’s gives me a 10% discount because I’m a veteran. You can rest assured they are not taking that money out of their pockets. Everyone who shops there is subsidizing my discount so please don’t stop patronizing these places.

FWIW, I go to a few restaurants that give me a veterans discount too. They must be really ripping off their cash paying customers since their prices are set for credit card sales and discounts for veterans and seniors etc. Their otta be a law against that.

jmonroe

I never use ATM machines for a plethora of reasons but most of all are the fees some of them charge. The other day a guy in the group was going to get some cash and they wanted $3 to take out $20. No thanks. I cash my check and take the cash home.

Most places have a senior discount but I never ask for it. Feels like charity.

Most of all though is my aversion to being tracked by the credit card company and anyone who might offer them a buck for my information. Now that they have facial recognition everywhere I may start wearing a Halloween mask or a bag over my head.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,139
    edited January 2023
    Michaell said:

tifighter said:

Just returned to Zurich today. While we in the US go back and forth on EVs, the Swiss seem to be all in. They’re everywhere here, and it’s a noticeable increase even compared to a year ago.

I would imagine, like Norway, Switzerland has set up the tax regulations for favor EVs.
    CH is also a size where one could effectively drive cross country on a single charge in a modern EV, or to numerous other countries. Dense enough population centers to support useful infrastructure, and a rich enough government to subsidize it too, no doubt. Perfect place for it. I bet there are deranged looking BMW EVs and bathtub MBs to break up the Muskmobile enlongated egg/Apple car scenery :)

@oldfarmer50 said:
    I never use ATM machines for a plethora of reasons but most of all are the fees some of them charge. The other day a guy in the group was going to get some cash and they wanted $3 to take out $20. No thanks. I cash my check and take the cash home.

Most of all though is my aversion to being tracked by the credit card company and anyone who might offer them a buck for my information. Now that they have facial recognition everywhere I may start wearing a Halloween mask or a bag over my head.

————————————————-
    I don’t know why you feel that a senior citizen discount is charity. I look at it as a reward for sticking around.

When this first started I’d tell the server that we were both seniors. A couple times the server said, “really? her too”? Needless to say Mrs. j liked those places and she couldn’t resist telling me several times about how well I show my age. :'(

jmonroe

'15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,513
    I use the ATM but only the one at my bank. I would never use a stand alone in some random store.

I used to use cash more in NJ, because I had 2 branches within 5 minutes of my house. Now the nearest one is about 10 miles and not an area I normally go to. So I get extra and keep it in the house, and seem to use less.

I would pay cash for small purchases, or places I did not want to give a card to. Mostly gas stations and restaurants. Now, with self service gas, cash is too much of a pain, so that just leaves restaurants!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

I rarely use cash, but if I do need to use a machine, and I know I'm going to pay a fee, I just get a whole lot of cash so the fee is less significant. Most of the cash machines charge $4 (!!!!) now, but that doesn't seem like an exorbitant amount if I pull $1,000. Plus, I know it's going to be a long time before I need to visit another one.
    Also rarely use cash. If I'm traveling and may need to give out small tips, I'll usually get a strap of 100 $1 bills from my bank, which is within walking distance.

@xwesx said:
    I rarely use cash, but if I do need to use a machine, and I know I'm going to pay a fee, I just get a whole lot of cash so the fee is less significant. Most of the cash machines charge $4 (!!!!) now, but that doesn't seem like an exorbitant amount if I pull $1,000. Plus, I know it's going to be a long time before I need to visit another one.

————————————————
    When I started banking with the bank I use now (maybe 15 years ago) I’m positive I could use ATM’s at other banks 2 or 3 times a month without incurring a service fee. I’ve never done that so I don’t know if that policy is still in effect but it wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t.

jmonroe

jmonroe1 said:

@xwesx said:

————————————————

When I started banking with the bank I use now (maybe 15 years ago) I’m positive I could use ATM’s at other banks 2 or 3 times a month without incurring a service fee. I’ve never done that so I don’t know if that policy is still in effect but it wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t.

jmonroe

I seem t remember that too. Either a couple of freebies or they would reimburse you. I never have cash and it bites me on occasion for tips.

corvette said:

"On today's episode, we make our OWN new oil pan!" #maker

This cracked me up. At least on Wheeler Dealers they started acknowledging, if not assessing a value, for the mechanics time which was quite significant on some of the flips.

• ventureventure Member Posts: 2,872
    stickguy said:

I use the ATM but only the one at my bank. I would never use a stand alone in some random store.

I used to use cash more in NJ, because I had 2 branches within 5 minutes of my house. Now the nearest one is about 10 miles and not an area I normally go to. So I get extra and keep it in the house, and seem to use less.

I would pay cash for small purchases, or places I did not want to give a card to. Mostly gas stations and restaurants. Now, with self service gas, cash is too much of a pain, so that just leaves restaurants!

I rarely use cash anymore. I use Google Pay with my phone. Strangely, some of the biggest stores do not accept Goggle Pay (or Apple Pay), but tiny ones do.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    I don’t know what the color is, but this Taycan 4 Sport Turismo I saw this AM was drop dead gorgeous! Wow!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    Check with your bank/credit union for ATM network membership. My CU is a member of a couple of ATM networks (IIRC, SUM and NYCE), which allow fee-free transactions at these in-network ATMs at other financial institutions. Or, 7-11...
    I use the CU as a base, most of my cash reserves are in high-interest online accounts. Unfortunately, the online accounts don't offer free lollipops.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

edited January 2023
    corvette said:

Also rarely use cash. If I'm traveling and may need to give out small tips, I'll usually get a strap of 100 $1 bills from my bank, which is within walking distance.

I like to carry a few $2 bills to use for tips. When asked, I say they're considered to be lucky.

Chase charges $3 for non-Chase ATM use, which I consider mostly irrelevant as I mostly never use an ATM. When I do need an ATM, I am not that concerned about the $3, worth it for the convenience factor. Now if I were using the ATM 2 or 3 times a week, that would be an entirely different matter.

I do carry cash with me -- "Never leave home without it." I believe that is fairly typical amongst my generation, but definitely not the norm with the younger generations.

When I stock my billfold, I usually go for 7 or 8 $20 bills in one compartment, and in the other compartment, two $5, five $1, and three $2.

I carry an Amex card, and charge most everything on that. I got in the habit of doing that a couple of years before I retired so that I could more easily track my expenditures and estimate just how much I needed when I retired. I also have a Visa type debit card from Chase which will work as a credit card in a pinch. Not exactly like a credit card, but close enough.

ON EDIT: I almost forgot, I also have a Chase Amazon Visa credit card. I don't think about it, because I don't carry it around. I got that a few years back when they were offering $100 instant credit to your Amazon account. Seriously, $100, free money. No annual fee, and 5% back on all Amazon purchases. I keep the card locked away, and only use it for online purchases at Amazon -- and I do buy a lot of junk at Amazon.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,497
    edited January 2023
    Last time I used an ATM was decades ago, and when I finished my transaction, I saw a guy about a half block away start running towards me. Needless to say I left there pronto. It’s always good to be aware of one’s surroundings, oh, and avoid ATM’s.
  • pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,555
    Most banks these days refund at least one non-like ATM convenience fee per statement cycle, if not all of them that are incurred. Usually to get the latter there's balance and/or share of wallet requirements but not always.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,081
    I have a savings account with an online bank, which has no branches and no ATM network of its own. This week they sent an email announcing they now also offer a debit card with their chequing accounts. The interesting thing is that they say that you can use any ATM for free with it. Apparently they have a way of separating the ATM convenience fees from the amount you are withdrawing in cash. At each statement cycle, they credit the total of those fees back to you. I'm a bit dubious as to how well that might work. Interesting concept though.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

@henryn said:

When I stock my billfold, I usually go for 7 or 8 $20 bills in one compartment, and in the other compartment, two $5, five $1, and three $2.

I don’t mean to imply I don’t carry any cash but not that much except when I go on vacation. Just in case any of us ever go to Houston, do you mind telling us what streets you walk? B)

jmonroe

jmonroe1 said:

@oldfarmer50 said:

————————————————-

I don’t know why you feel that a senior citizen discount is charity. I look at it as a reward for sticking around.

When this first started I’d tell the server that we were both seniors. A couple times the server said, “really? her too”? Needless to say Mrs. j liked those places and she couldn’t resist telling me several times about how well I show my age. :'(

jmonroe

Maybe if you didn’t reveal your age looking for discounts you would have a shot with the server. :D

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

“ I like to carry a few $2 bills to use for tips. When asked, I say they're considered to be lucky.”

I used to give $2 bills to nieces and nephews for gifts but over time that became not much of a gift. Now it’s $100s.

If you want a laugh give a $2 bill to the kid at the drive-thru and watch the confusion.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    No new iPad after all. Turns out the big discount for my iPad Air 2 was totally wrong on their website and they wanted to give me less than Apple would've done. But first, the Best Buy location couldn't give me a refund to my c c and said I'd have to go home & do it through my computer which I thought was stupid on their part. Went home & canceled the order & will be getting the refund in a few days but, B B just lost a customer as it should've been handled in-store and they should've taken responsibility for their website malfunction. I checked my inputs in the computer and I did nothing wrong. I would hate for them to lose money on the deal but they should've met me somewhere closer to the middle.
    I had already cleaned out my iPad last night so had to come home and get all my info put back into the iPad for now. Luckily it rebooted everything easy peasy, a big reason I like Apple products as things like this are real easy to do. So, I still want to upgrade with a new iPad sometime in the near future but will wait a bit, at least till after President's Day as there might be some sales. And will buy it at the Apple store where they offered $35. Better than the $25 B B wanted to give me. It's an iPad Air 2 with only 32 gigs and at least 5 years old but it's in pristine condition and super clean. Really wanted the newer faster processor and at least 64 gigs. And the new iPad just came out so I know it's pretty good. And even though I was a bit pissed off at the way things went down at the store, a few hours later just looking at it as maybe the timing just wasn't right. I can definitely wait for a bit.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Drove a few new Toyota Tacoma's today but the 4-cylinder models. Super slow vehicles and really needed to stand on the accelerator to get them to move...the Tacoma really needs the 6-cylinder engine to make it a player in the smaller truck arena. Must be honest here and say Nissan did an outstanding job with the new Frontier & think Toyota needs to take a look at their playbook here. Frontier has better acceleration and the interior makes the Tacoma's look seriously dated. The same thing applies with the Corolla when compared to the new Civic...Toyota needs to push the envelope a bit and make vehicles that folks really want to buy. No one wants to buy a boring vehicle anymore especially with the price increases of late. Most of us are keeping our vehicles longer so really want them to look better longer.
    Toyota needs to talk with the designers at Hyundai and Kia also as they are hitting it out of the park with most of their newer offerings. They also are making vehicles people just want to buy

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Sandy, your iPad Air 2 no longer runs the current iPadOS, so it's probably a good time to start thinking about an upgrade, especially if you use it a lot, plus it seems like you value an experience with few hiccups, which can become more frequent once devices are no longer supported.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    corvette said:

Sandy, your iPad Air 2 no longer runs the current iPadOS, so it's probably a good time to start thinking about an upgrade, especially if you use it a lot, plus it seems like you value an experience with few hiccups, which can become more frequent once devices are no longer supported.

That's what forced me to get a new iPad a couple of years back - the first one, which was a gift, was no longer able to update, and some of the apps I used would no longer work.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

I've never owned an iPad, never owned any Apple product, there's a long story behind that which I have told before and won't repeat. I have owned a couple of tablets, and never really got into using them. Give me a real computer, thank you.

I do have a Kindle for reading ebooks, and I like that.
    nyccarguy said:

I don’t know what the color is, but this Taycan 4 Sport Turismo I saw this AM was drop dead gorgeous! Wow!

You see some of the craziest stuff on your commutes!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    henryn said:

I've never owned an iPad, never owned any Apple product, there's a long story behind that which I have told before and won't repeat. I have owned a couple of tablets, and never really got into using them. Give me a real computer, thank you.

I do have a Kindle for reading ebooks, and I like that.

I have an iPad Mini, and use the Kindle app to read. If you're a person that likes to scroll Twitter, etc, having the Mini is much easier on the eyes and fingers. The Kindle app is good, but of course, not as good as an actual Kindle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905

@Sandman6472
    Pretty common amongst most retail stores that they can’t refund online purchases in store. I wouldn’t hold that against them. Not honoring the online price? Yeah that’s a bit disappointing. I bet if you call their online customer service number and pitched a fit you would get some resolution. The operators have much more leeway than the store team.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418

No new iPad after all. Turns out the big discount for my iPad Air 2 was totally wrong on their website and they wanted to give me less than Apple would've done. But first, the Best Buy location couldn't give me a refund to my c c and said I'd have to go home & do it through my computer which I thought was stupid on their part. Went home & canceled the order & will be getting the refund in a few days but, B B just lost a customer as it should've been handled in-store and they should've taken responsibility for their website malfunction. I checked my inputs in the computer and I did nothing wrong. I would hate for them to lose money on the deal but they should've met me somewhere closer to the middle.
    I had already cleaned out my iPad last night so had to come home and get all my info put back into the iPad for now. Luckily it rebooted everything easy peasy, a big reason I like Apple products as things like this are real easy to do. So, I still want to upgrade with a new iPad sometime in the near future but will wait a bit, at least till after President's Day as there might be some sales. And will buy it at the Apple store where they offered $35. Better than the $25 B B wanted to give me. It's an iPad Air 2 with only 32 gigs and at least 5 years old but it's in pristine condition and super clean. Really wanted the newer faster processor and at least 64 gigs. And the new iPad just came out so I know it's pretty good. And even though I was a bit pissed off at the way things went down at the store, a few hours later just looking at it as maybe the timing just wasn't right. I can definitely wait for a bit.

I have an @andres3 level of pure hatred for Best Buy.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

Bait and switch is everywhere.

• tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,905

I’ve never had a problem with Best Buy, but maybe because of being in corporate retail for 20+ years now I’m a little more sensitive to retailers.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,271
    edited January 2023

@nyccarguy said:

?neptune blue?

https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US/details/porsche-taycan-turbo-new-M9ZVWM

Gentian blue is most common in Taycan.

There a a lot of great looking Porsche blues

https://www.gearpatrol.com/cars/a278854/definitive-ranking-blue-porsche-911/