Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

I spotted a NEW (insert make/model) today!

Comments

• thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Saw my first Lucid Air in the wild today. Don’t know which model it was, but the color was cool - dark purple with a light gray top.

Then, about two hours later, saw a Rivian R1T in my town. Not many chargers here, so he is probably charging at home mostly.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,164
    edited November 2022
    Took the wagon in for winter tire switchover today, was able to hang around the dealer a bit. A couple of new for me spots on the showroom floor - first, new style SL63 AMG, 178K MSRP I think:

And its engine, a village of plastic covers:

EQB MSRP 63K I think, with a newly arrived special order (sold) G550 in the background - G was a fairly non-bling spec around 155K, which I prefer:

Probably not the newest thing, but I had a new style WRX sedan beside me in traffic today. Maybe I have overlooked them before, as for a split second I thought it was some kind of souped up Corolla B)
  • stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,542
    parked next to a nice brighter medium blue 3 series today. only realized it was unique when I read the badging. It was an i4 edrive40 (quite the mouthful). Interesting to see in the Hanaford supermarket parking lot!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    I followed a Lucid Air into the garage today. One this stood out - the rear wrap-around window is all window, not a big black border around the edge. Visibility should be pretty good!
    New 2023 CR-V, I like the new design.
    Saw another Rivian today, a few around now - still kind of "new" here as this is not a cutting edge market.

That reminds me, around the Seatac car rental center, I saw a couple of new HRV a couple weeks ago - very basic spec and a very bland looking car, apparently in rental fleets now.
    texases said:

New 2023 CR-V, I like the new design.

I saw one recently and also really liked it. will stop and check one out in person someday.

• Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Sorry, but think the new HR-V is about as boring as a vehicle can get...looks like a big egg rolling down the road! The previous model at least had some lines that made it look very much like a small SUV. Really liked it except for it's lack of oommph going down the road. The few I drove were really "meh" to be honest, it did nothing really that good. The Toyota Rav4 is so much better in every respect to be honest. With the new 2023, looks like Honda decided to make a very bland vehicle and don't think it'll sell very well...the Rav4 will probably leave it in the dust!
    Speaking of a bland vehicle, Toyota needs to blow up the Corolla playbook and start with something fresh & new for the market place. Boring is the best I could say about the current Corolla which needs a total makeover inside & out. Even the Nissan Sentra blows the Corolla away in the looks department. Looks, feels & drives like an old mans vehicle and they really need to start from scratch going forward. Folks like me who really like & want a smaller vehicle need something with some style and good driving dynamics, something the current Corolla does not possess. I know Toyota can fix this issue and hope they do soon as I'm going to be in the market in a year or two. And now, after driving the 2022 Corolla Cross, the only one I'd even consider is the hybrid model coming out in 2023. It really needs some more power off the line & up through the power band, the current CVT transmission isn't helping much either. In my case, I'd rather spend the extra bucks and go with the Mini Cooper Countryman at this point. It looks so much better & I think, drives so much better also. Sitting a little higher up is perfect for someone like myself and have to believe there are more folks like me who want a stylish & fun smaller vehicle to drive. And right now, the M C Countryman is at the top of my short list and I'd buy one tomorrow in the right color combo with certain features I won't compromise on. Those days are over, settling because I'd rather save a few bucks, because in the long run, I feel like I cheated myself to be honest. Knowing that this next vehicle I purchase could very well be my last one makes me not want to f-ck it up honestly!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited January 2023
    Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I saw an extremely rare oddball Nissan today, appeared to be brand new with temp license plates.

It was a Nissan Altima.... SR model.... you might say nothing odd or rare about that, but it also had an AWD label on the trunk back. Since when did Altima's offer AWD?

I know Nissan made some oddball AWD SUV's but don't think I've seen it on the Altima before.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    fairly recent addition.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    AWD only available with the 2.5 engine. The 2.0 turbo is FWD only.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited January 2023
    Maybe not brand new, spotted a Toyota Hilux SRV on the road today, Mexico plates - snowy Spokane is a long way from home.

Pic snapped at the last second, as I was a passenger in a car and we were turning immediately ahead:

Look at that snow! Haven't seen any since I was in Baltimore in 1977. Left New York when I was just about to turn 15 so had experience living in snow country but still miss it to this day. Don't miss the cold weather, I'm freezing when it sometime gets down to the 40's here in South Florida, but think I could live in an area that had colder winters as long as we had heat in the house!

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Look at that snow! Haven't seen any since I was in Baltimore in 1977. Left New York when I was just about to turn 15 so had experience living in snow country but still miss it to this day. Don't miss the cold weather, I'm freezing when it sometime gets down to the 40's here in South Florida, but think I could live in an area that had colder winters as long as we had heat in the house!

And that was just an inch or two. Roads are all bare and dry now. We had constant snow for awhile in December, it was piling up - then we had a warm few weeks and 80% of it melted. It's back now, going to be cold next week, single digit lows. I like the snow, although how dirty it makes my car due to the love of sand/grit here irks me.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,732
    Yesterday, a black Lucid Air. Imposing, impressive.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

I'm not brave enough to buy one so early in the company's lifetime. Neat car, though.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,732
    Agreed, I don't even buy first model year cars from established marques!

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• sdasda Member Posts: 6,983
    An Audi etron with Alaska plates in SC! @xwesx did you sneak by with a new ride incognito?

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• xwesxxwesx Member Posts: 16,793
    sda said:

An Audi etron with Alaska plates in SC! @xwesx did you sneak by with a new ride incognito?

Sadly, no. And, I doubt that person actually drove out of Alaska with that car! Maybe, but it takes the patient driver to brave the journey out (unless they cheated and took the ferry to Bellingham)!
    2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2014 Audi Q7 TDI, 2013 Subaru Forester, 1969 Chevrolet C20, 1969 Ford Econoline 100, 1976 Ford F250
  • tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604

Silver id.buzz van in Oslo. Take the bright colors away and it looks like another anonymous van. But that can be a good thing I guess…

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

Saw a new style CRV, taking anonymous to a new level.

It looks nice to me. It’s a compact family car. Not much you can do with that without compromising functionality. And at least the front end doesn’t look like a razor toothed bass.

I'm fine with the new one, wasn't a fan of the prior version.

I do think the new one looks sharper. I’ll be getting more close up experience with one too since my son Has one now!

Fair point, Honda is finally slowly moving away from the underbite front end, and it also lacks the weird trim flourish on the C-pillar rear quarter window area of the sedans. It's a fine transportation pod, just invisible - but that can be better than offensive.
    most people want their car to work, and not be noticeable.

I don't know, all of the pseudo-butch cladding on so many CUVs (which have replaced traditional cars for many) can't be coincidence - at least some focus groups said they thought it was cool. Same for leering eye front ends - either bad designers have been given free reign, or someone thinks there is demand.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,095
    Best CR-V

Next best CR-V

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Maybe time and nostalgia are kind, but I like the first CRV and RAV4 both.
    fintail said:

Maybe time and nostalgia are kind, but I like the first CRV and RAV4 both.

I owned each of the first two generations of CR-V. 10 years total as my daily driver. Seems weird, now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

they were small. especially the 1st 2 door Rav. Tiny little thing.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    stickguy said:

they were small. especially the 1st 2 door Rav. Tiny little thing.

Was going to say, the 1st generations of those reminded me of the Geo Tracker.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    Drove past a couple of new Corolla Cross's earlier and they aren't that small to be honest. Smaller than the Rav4 but still, not a small vehicle. Have it on my short list but now, not so sure. If I do get one, think it'll have to be the hybrid model as just not ready to do an EV vehicle yet. Just don't think the U S is ready for us all to have them. Infrastructure just isn't ready yet & that might take many years to make them a viable alternative. As much as my driving style being a perfect candidate for one, just not ready to jump quite yet.

the Cross is definitely above your size limit. as are all the compact sedans (civic, corolla, etc.)

you need to stick with sub-compact.

• tifightertifighter Member Posts: 3,604
    While I've seen lots of the trucks, today marked my first sighting of the Rivian R1s SUV in person. Launch green color. I like it. I'm sure more are coming soon - my own reservation is slated for Q4 this year.

23 Civic Type-R / 22 MDX Type-S / 21 Tesla Y LR / 03 Montero Ltd

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,252
    Speaking of EVs, I've spotted 2 Lucid Airs in the past week. One was being taken for a test drive (it was labeled as such on the doors), and the other may have been a personal vehicle.

Large, imposing vehicles, for sure.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Followed a new Wagoneer for a while, a big boring box IMO.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,315
    Saw a Lucid on the highway today, 2 tone dark gray or black with a silver roof. Wider, shorter and lower than I was expecting.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Saw a new style CRV, definitely a car among cars.
    local Ford dealer, a maverick out front that looked to be getting delivered. and shortly after, another just out driving. I actually see a fair number of them around here.

Took the wagon in for annual service early today, browsed the dealer's selection. Pretty high spec stuff for this little dealership. They had an EQS SUV, EQE, and I think an EQB, but they were all outside for some reason, and it was cold, so I didn't look at them as closely as I should. EQS did have some kind of wacky wheels. Showroom had a S580 - 147K IIRC, not blinged out G550 with no sticker, an AMG GT sedan (oh, 4 door coupe), something like 160K, I think a GLE63 coupe, and a couple other GLE that I didn't look at. All appeared open - I sat in the S and the G. S is a big boat but so comfortable. G shares a lot of switchgear with my E, and in its non bling trim, I liked it, but the gallons per mile economy and price like a house in many areas makes it unrealistic.

I noticed no new C or E sedans in inventory, several CUV things of course.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,151
    I saw a Cadillac Lyriq for the first time last week. Well, I actually saw 5 of them.
    They must have been 2023 production, since March 20 was first day of 2024 production.

Oh, they were all on a transport going north. I couldn't figure out heading
    north because I thought they were made in Hamtramck MI. But now I
    read they're assembled in Spring Hill TN.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

I saw a Cadillac Lyriq for the first time last week. Well, I actually saw 5 of them.
    They must have been 2023 production, since March 20 was first day of 2024 production.

Oh, they were all on a transport going north. I couldn't figure out heading
    north because I thought they were made in Hamtramck MI. But now I
    read they're assembled in Spring Hill TN.

I'm waiting to see a Lyriq - I kind of like what I see so far, seems to be a decent value proposition, and the styling is unique, maybe a modern bustleback (I like bustlebacks) or an American Citroen.
    New design Honda HRV. not bad looking. Much different though. more jelly bean. actually reminded me I think of one of the small Mercedes CUVs. From the rear at least.

stickguy said:

New design Honda HRV. not bad looking. Much different though. more jelly bean. actually reminded me I think of one of the small Mercedes CUVs. From the rear at least.

I wonder if they have a new engine? The old HR-V is slloooooowwwww.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Ugly is the first word I thought of when I saw the new Honda HR-V...awful looking! Prefer the old style better. And will agree that the couple I've driven at work have been super slow, doubt I could live with one. And the new one is actually bigger now. This expression is what I thought of first time I saw the new one..."you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig"!

It does have a bigger engine but probably still not fast.

• explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,315
    HR-V is based on last gen Civic, so probably not too bad, although heavier.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Too bad it lost the 'magic rear seat' the prior version got from the Fit.