Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

91 S-10 4.3 overheating problem

tkaebischtkaebisch Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Having problem with truck running hot? Overheats
with small loads while air conditiong is on .Have
changed fan clutch,thermostat and new coolant. Any
ideas or similar problems

Comments

• stevens6stevens6 Member Posts: 12
    CLEAN OUT RADIATOIR FOR STARTERS
  • shelby12shelby12 Member Posts: 25
    My 91 4.3 needed a new radiator during the warranty period, think it was 40 K or so. Now have 225 K on it, and it still runs great. I also replaced the radiator about 70 K ago...this one from PepBoys for about $150, we installed. Always have kept it clean, and flushed, but when I was living in LA area, I had to have it reliable.
    Still love my truck, still running strong.
  • tkaebischtkaebisch Member Posts: 2
    When you changed your Radiator Shelby 12 did you install a heavy duty one.I have had the radiator flushed ,acid bathed and rodded out and it still overheats with a load and air-on.Was there a recall on the radiator
  • pat455pat455 Member Posts: 603
    Hi folks,

This is a great discussion, and for the benefit of our community as a whole, I would like for it to be taking place somewhere where it can be available to all of our members as time goes on.

A problem with very narrowly named topics is that they tend to deal with the topic title's problem only, and then fade away.

The software here can only retain a certain number of topics in our archives, so that a discussion that fades after having a relatively few number of posts is a large candidate for deletion rather than archival.

With all of that said, I'm going to take the liberty of copying all of these posts to the newly formed Chevy S10 Problem (Topic #1752).

A topic with that sort of name can live a long time around these parts.

So please, follow that highlighted link and let's continue this great discussion over there. You'll find all of these posts there waiting for you. :-)

Pat
    Community Leader/Maintenance & Repair Conference
This discussion has been closed.