Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura Integra

Comments

• robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    civicrydr:
    Nothing new for you other than what only1harry said. GS-R at invoice will be easier than working on $100 off MSRP when the new Integra arrives, atleast for a good few months after the launch. There will be differences to cover the ground left unfurnished in 7-8 years since the last redesign, and good ones at that, but would it be worth $4-5K and several months of wait, is entirely what your decision can be based upon.

only1harry:
    Which pictures do you have for '01 Integra? Can you send 'em to me? Thanks in advance.
  • only1harryonly1harry Member Posts: 1,140
    Check your e-mail robertsmx
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    '11 BMW 335i coupe xDrive
    '13 Honda Accord sedan (wife's car)
    I will.
    Thanks.
  • piggeypiggey Member Posts: 9
    I've just got off the phone with an Acura dealership in MD. I asked for an Acura Integra '00 Sedan for 19,500, fully loaded. Their invoice listing, supposedly, is for 20,583. They said it can be done if head in tomorrow, though their 'manager is not too happy.' with the proposed price. (I'd be surprised if they come back with a different number tomorrow. But, it is worth a try.) Does anyone think I am getting a good deal?
    If not, what would you suggest I do at this time? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!!
  • nikita1nikita1 Member Posts: 1
    I am about to purchase a 96 integra LS sedan and am wondering about good modifications. Any suggestions or good places to shop?
    piggey:
    I'm assuming that you're working on Integra GS sedan. $20.5K sounds like MSRP.
    The easiest estimate is to know the MSRP, and make sure that this is the price you pay, "out-the-door", and SHOULD INCLUDE tax, title, registration, destination, holdback, floor mats etc. Good luck.
    robertsmx: Thanks so much! I think I know what to do now.
    Would anyone know if there is an Acura Integra GS modeled for the year 2001? If so, would anyone be so kind to provide me with a pic at piggey@hotmail.com? Thanks in advance
  • dgsgdgsg Member Posts: 29
    Anyone know when checking spark plug wires, rotor and distributor cap on a 1990 Integra what the resistance in ohms should be for each?
    Thanx, Dan
  • civicrydrcivicrydr Member Posts: 2
    My brother got a new GSR in white yesterday. Paid 18.5K before and rebates and incentive. Although rebates ended, we are pretty fimiliar with our Acura dealershit. Mom drives a 2000 TL. Anyways, I'll start to put mods on it ASAP. Thanks for peoples help.

CivicRydr
    CivicRyder: How were you able to negotiate such a good deal with the GS-R? Of all the dealerships I spoke to, the best price was 23K 'out the door'. And, I am only searching for the GS Integra???
    Do you want a 5-sp or auto? GSR only comes in 5sp.

I checked the price at www.carsdirect.com and a 4dr GS 5-sp. is only 18,848 (MSRP is $21,980!). Auto is $19.5K
    The GSR is only $19,694. Carsdirect includes the destination charge in the prices they quote. These are quotes for NY state. Prices may be lower in your state.
    If the MSRP for the car you were looking at, was only 20,500 then I think you were looking at an LS 4dr ($20,580). Carsdirect price on 4dr LS is $17,556!! I 'd grab it if I were you. What's the main difference between GS & LS anyway? just leather. Who needs it?
    The way carsdirect works is, they find the car you want at a dealer near you and then they call you and direct you to that dealer. You don't do any negotiating at all. You pay the carsdirect price. My Acura dealer threw in the floor mats for free. They told me they do with every car they sell. Good luck.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • cuadancuadan Member Posts: 13
    Hey harry.
    I still havent gotten my GSR. Cant sell my current Caddy yet. No bites yet.

Were you satisfied with Carsdirect (service/warranties etc..)? Fill me in on what their deal included for you. I say all this because I checked the acura dealership in Sarasota yesterday and they're tagging GSR's at 22.6k! Thats OVER MSRP and there's not even that kind of demand down here! If I cant negotiate my way down (when I finally go to buy the car) then Ill buy from Carsdirect. Thanks!
    That's too bad. You 're going to have to lower the price and give that Caddy away! :-)

Seriously though, I thought I was a pretty good negotiator when it came to buying new cars but when I checked out carsdirect.com price last June/July, I could not get any of the dealers to come down to that price so I went with them.
    They don't warranty your car. All they do is find the car you want, they call you and they tell you what dealership to go to and who to speak. My dealer was only about 55mi. away but I heard others had to travel 200-300mi. or they paid like $300 extra to have the car flatbeded in from far away or another state. It all depends which dealer they can find to come down to the price they advertise. So then you just go over to the dealership, test drive the car and then if you want it, you pay the carsdirect price to the dealer. They have already talked to carsdirect and they know the price they 're selling you the car at. It's really very simple. Your warranty and all that comes from the dealer, not carsdirect.com. They just make a hundred or two that the dealer kicks back to them.
    Anyway, I looked at the Rebates & Incentives section of Edmunds last night and there is a $2K factory to dealer incentive on all Integras!! When I bought my car it was only $1K. You should be able to get an Integra for around $19K if this is true. You can also trade your Caddy in when you go to the dealer that carsdirect.com sends you to. I think the $2K incentive is over 5/30 or 6/30, not sure. I 'd go for it if I were you and see how much they give you for the caddy. The reason you can't sell the caddy is because the economy is really good and the majority of the people are leasing cars right now, as well as buying new. Especially caddies, Lincolns and those type of cars. Over 70% of Cadilacs and Lincolns are leased. BTW, that 's a pretty big change going from a Caddy to an Integra.. what happened? :)
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • cuadancuadan Member Posts: 13
    Harry-
    it is my first car. It was cheap etc... you know.
    But now I need something more reliable for college you know.

I know if I went to a dealership I'd get ripped off for the cad. Blue book says about 3k, but the thing is a in top condition. Compared to other Caddies of the same year etc.., my Cad is a reliable rocket. So Im looking for some teenager who want a "pimp" car ....whatever.

So it is a big change, but i know Ill like it.
  • intocarsintocars Member Posts: 2
    I bought a brand new GS in December of 99 it was a 2000 and now they offer a rebate. Has any one tried to get back money on a purchase made before a rebate or am I out of luck? Unfortunately I had to buy a car and could not wait it out. Thanks for any help.
    no such thing, you 're not buying a Gateway PC where they guarantee the price of the PC for 30 days :-)

Jan-Mar. are the best months to buy a new car. That's when cars sales are the slowest..
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • sionsion Member Posts: 14
    I have some personal opinions about it
    but i was wondering if you guys has some more
    experience with this: what would a normal/good
    oil consumption level for a 1993 Integra RS
    per say 1k mi. be ?

thanks,
    sion@cs.purdue.edu
    Depends on the mileage and how the car was treated but it shouldn't burn more than a 1-1.5qts
    for every 3K mi. 1.5qts being borderline with possible engine or seal damage. I know '94-95 Integras with 100K mi. that burn less than 1 QT. My '97 Civic with 99,800 mi. on it burns 1/2 QT every 3500 mi. (and I beat the crap out of the engine but most of the mileage is highway which helps - stop and go city traffic is the worst and will eventually cause higher oil consumption as the mileage on the car increases).
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    re: oil consumption.

oh, well i guess i was worried for nothing.
    mine eats around 1/2 QT for 2.5k miles.

i drive it nice ... but i also high rev it ;)!
    can't help it ... it's still an integra.

btw. my water pump makes some "shhhhhhhhh"
    noise especially when it's not warmed
    up ... i guess it's change time, right ?

i asked an acura dealer here in pittsburgh
    where i am during the summer and they
    said timingbelt+brakejob+waterpump = $1100.

i think this is crazy ! right ?!

thanks,
    radu.

ps. the mileage is 82k now.
  • sbelfieldsbelfield Member Posts: 41
    I have a '95 Integra Special Edition - love it (no major problems). I have had a few issues of late however. My sunroof has begun to rattle when I have it fully open, especially when I drive over bumpy surfaces. And my temperature adjuster switch has gotten stiff and will not go all the way over to "the red/hot". Has anyone experienced these problems yet? Any suggestions/solutions? Costs to fix?

Not big problems, but a headache.
  • jeffc5jeffc5 Member Posts: 1
    I know that Acura's are cousins of Honda's and I had a 82 prelude that had a sticking temp switch and it turned out to be the heat exchanger module thats on the firewall. After it was replaced all was well.
    I am looking to get a 92 GS 2 door. Can't beat the Acura's on reliability.
  • bruin2bruin2 Member Posts: 2
    To only1Harry or Robertmx, or anyone else. Can you please e-mail me pictures of the new Integra. I'm trying to decide if I should hold out. Thanks in advance. Send to LBLAW50@aol.com
  • alfaromeoalfaromeo Member Posts: 210
    If anyone has pics of the new Integra, could you please post the links to the site?
    Many thanks
    I got a new one (I have 4 different concepts) at home that someone send me. I 'll send it to you guys tonight. E-mail me at only1harry@aol.com so I can reply with the attachments.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    Thanks, I'll send you an email.
    Btw, I just looked at an GSR from 94 with relatively low mileage (50000).
    It was in pretty good shape, but slightly 'rattly' as the suspension seemed like it needed a makeover. Also, the engine noise always surprises me a bit in those cars.
    Anyway, was '94 a 'good year'? They seem to have changed little since then. Asking price was about 12000. What do you guys think? Good deal?
    Well, maybe...
    I want to check the vehicle history on a used GSR.
    The dealer told me I could call 'carfacts' for
    such an inquiry but I don't have their number and
    couldn't find them on the net. Does anyone here
    know who they are?
  • judasjudas Member Posts: 217
    It's 'Carfax' and I'm pretty sure they're at www.carfax.com.
    I am going to give another shot at getting opinions about my Acura price. This time around, this dealer offered me his 'best' price at 20.6K (out-the-door). That is for an Acura Integra GS Sedan with floor mats, splash guards, and wheel locks. Is this price just about even or way above the [invoice] price that I should be paying in MD?
    Any ideas?

Another dealer gave me 19.8K, but I think he is full of lies since he did not have what he promised in the lot. First, the car had about 50K miles on it. (He told me it only had 4K prior to me going in to the dealership.) Then, he jacked up $90 in the offer (Really no big deal, but really discourages the buyer to trusting the guy.) Then, he told us cannot sell us any other car than that car (which has 50K) that is in the lot. (Really a lie-through-his-teeth, since I know dealers can get any car you want if they want your service.)

After talking with this fella, I close to willing to pay $781 for better service and trust in the other dealership. (Well, probably not all 100% trust. I'll give it about 40% right now.)
    What do you think?
    Don't you think? I have always thought that Alfa and Honda's shared a common spirit somewhere... and then it occured to me how much these two cars look ...related?

www.alfaromeo.com.au/ar_gtv.htm#itemGTVtext
    That's way too expensive! There is a $1500 factory-dealer incentive on all Integras right now. The dealers keep it a secret because it's not a rebate and they 're not obligated to tell you about it. Look it up here at Edmunds in the "Rebates & Incentives" section. Com'on, the information is right here, use it!
    Do yourself a favor and go to www.carsdirect.com and get your prices from there. Either go through carsdirect to get your car like I did or print them out and take it to the dealer to see if they can match the price. I think a GSR goes for like $19.6K and your GS is like $18K. I prefer carsdirect.com so I don't have to haggle and negotiate. They do all that for you and they have to find you the car at the price they advertise. They then send you to the dealer that has your car, color, etc. and you check out the car. If you like it, you buy it from the dealer at the carsdirect.com price! It's really very simple. I hope I 'm not too late.. Let us know how you make out.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    Thanks for your response!

No, it's not too late. I am still in the searching phase. Bear with me, this is my first vehicle purchase. I did look in the carsdirect.com price, and that was the range I am looking at. However, I have heard different views about carsdirect.com, good and bad. One of them being that I am obligated to buy the car from the Internet site, before you are directed to the dealership with the car. (You've indicated otherwise.)

Well, I do have one dealer who was offering me 19.8 (Out-the door) with wheel locks, mats, and splash guard. Pretty good deal, but it has almost 50K miles on it. I was looking for something with less miles, meaning not already-been-test drove vehicle. Or, maybe I am being a little stubborn and too picky.
    $19.8K for an Integra with 50K miles?? are they nuts? Do you mean 50 miles?
    Why don't you call up carsdirect.com and speak to someone? I 'm sure you don't have to buy it online before you even go to the dealer to check it out. That's unheard of. I worked with a lady called Michelle (salesperson-agent). She was very nice and she even dropped the price when I complained that she was sending me to a dealer 60mi. away (I did it on purpose to see if I can drop the price).
    Please tell us what you 're shopping for! Auto or manual? GS or GSR (GSR only comes in 5-sp)
    You should not pay more than $19K for a brand new GS and no more than $20K for a GSR. Print the carsdirect prices out and show them to the dealer. Also tell them that you know about the $1,500 factory-dealer incentive. If they don't want to match the price then just go through carsdirect and specify that you want a brand new car with under 10-15 mi. on the odometer. This is what I did. But even if the car has 30 mi. on it I still wouldn't be able to resist carsdirect.com prices. You save a lot of money and no dealer is going to give you this price unless you 're a really good negotiator.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    You can't buy the car unless you see it first, because you pay the dealer for the car, not carsdirect! All carsdirect does is send you to the dealer. You don't send carsdirect any money so how can it be that you 've bought the car without having gone to the dealer? Don't believe everything you hear. I hear they used to make people pay $200 first and then they 'd send you to a dealer to look at the car but that was fully refundable if you decided you didn't want the car. I don't know what they 're doing now. When I went through them last summer they were just starting out and didn't ask for any money or anything. As matter of fact they lost money on me because they had to send the dealer a check for $600! Because they were new they really went out of the way to please the customer and having to honor their advertised price, they lost money because they couldn't find a dealer to match the $19.8K price they were advertising for a GSR.
    BTW, my dealer includes floor mats and wheel locks as standard equipment in every Acura they sell and that includes the Integras. I got the carsdirect price with the mats and wheel locks. Mention to the dealer when you go back that you 've spoken to many people with Acuras and they 've all had the floor mats and wheel locks thrown in by the dealer. I don't know about splash guards but I don't really care for them that much.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
  • mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    piggey, congratulations on approaching your first car purchase! Be sure to read the Consumer Advice area, as well as our Smart Shopper conference. In Smart Shopper, there are several topics that deal with various means of purchasing cars online. Good luck and please, keep us posted.

carlady/host
  • jmphxjmphx Member Posts: 2
    Here in Phoenx, one Acura dealer is advertising the LS 3 door for $16,499 which, I calculate, is roughly $107 over invoice when the inentive is taken into account. It's tempting me, especially since it's not a sedan ... :)
  • typer63typer63 Member Posts: 1
    Go check out my new web site at
    www.geocities.com/josefmd

Thanks
    Matt J
    TypeR63
    I took your advice and called carsdirect.com. Unfortunately, it is not going to work for me b/c unless I plan to lease the vehicle, I can't purchase from carsdirect.com. Bummer, I say.

So, I guess I am going to have to be patient and wait for my vehicle now. (This is what I am looking to purchase: Acura Integra GS-Sedan.) So far, the best deal I have gotten is 19.8K (out-the-door) for an Acura that is currently in their lot with 52 miles on it. They are willing to give me 19.8K with wheel locks, splash guards, and mats for that car. I asked for the VEN# so I could look up the car on carfax.com, and they told me no. I asked to see another car in the lot, but they can't sell any other cars until they sell this one or the one with 90 miles. Whatever... (Call me stubborn, and but I think something was fishy in the salesperson voice.)

Here is the funny part, my sister called posing as a potential customer for the same exact car. She decided to shoot out any number for what she is wiling to pay, and chose 19.5K (out-the-door). The sales manager called back the next day, and said they will give the car to her with that price. Easy, huh? But, when she mentioned the VEN#, they also told her straight out no. So, something tells me that something is wrong with the car.

I called two other dealerships in MD, they were willing to give me the VEN#.
    Other than that, I would have taken the car off their hands already.
    I had the same confused (?) over my head, too, when I gave carsdirect a call. They indicated to me that they can only sell to those who plans to lease. (in which I do not plan on leasing) The same goes for buyers in VA, too. I gave another call to the carsdirect, and the second operator told me the same thing. Perhaps, it is newly instated policy? If so, I am appalled at the new policy.

I also went to the .com site prior to calling, which prompted me to call them. When I almost finish completing all the information for the Acura on the site, it asked for my personal info to sign up for a leasing agreement. And, I couldn't get rid of the lease option thingy b/c it was set as a default (for both MD and VA). (I do not recall that lease option being there when I visited the site back in May.)

By the sound of your comments, I am sure you would've raised some 'hot-air' w/ the dealership. But, I don't want to waste any more of my breath w/ that dealership. Thanks so much again for your help.
    FYI for MD or VA residents: Just found out...carsdirect.com would only lease vehicles, not sell, to residents in the state of MD or VA. Due to legislation laws, they had to change their policy(two weeks ago) to lease in these two states. So basically, they are working to sell cars in these two states. When will they be able to sell in MD again? Don't know.
  • wertmanwertman Member Posts: 2
    hello all...

i have a new integra LS that i got from a brick and moarter dealership and have been EXTREMELY satisfied with my whole buying experience. i got my choice of color and transmission. i was bale to get the car for 17.3K. i feel that i got a fair price and the dealer was able to keep the lights on and put food on the table

there are many benefits to getting it from a brick and moarter dealer opposed to a .com site.
    my buying experience from the acura dealership was truly a WORLD CLASS experience and it is worth the few bucks i spent opposed to doing business with a .com site....

please provide me with your feedback..
  • wertmanwertman Member Posts: 2
    ...also got floor mats, wheel locks, mud flaps and a thank you card with a gift certificate to my favorite restaurant (the dealer picked up on it when we were talking)
    that was exactly my experience with the dealer even though I went through a .com company. What most people don't understand is that all the ".com" companies do, is locate the car you want at a really low price. Once they 've done that, they send you to the dealer to check the car out, test drive it and fill out all the paperwork. You work with the dealer just like if you were to walk in looking for a new car. The only thing missing is that you don't have to negotiate. The ".com" company has done all that for you and you know the price when you walk into the dealer. To me it was hassle free and stress free going through the ".com" company because they got me lower prices than I could get visiting dealers. Most Acura dealers are very pleasant. I was in the waiting room (they made me coffee and gave me donuts) for about 1.5hrs waiting to see the "business mgr" to sign the papers the day after I test drove my GS-R. So I started complaining that I 've been waiting too long and that I had an appointment at over 1hr ago (I didn't mind the 27" TV w/cable and the donuts in the waiting room). The sales mgr. came out and apologized and walked me into the "business mgr's" office and said to the guy: "take off $100 from the price of the car"!
    I never expected that. Then they give you a nice portable flashlight, pen and other stuff. They were all very polite and made you feel important.
    Totally different experience from the Honda and Chevy dealers where I 've bought new cars from. The other dealerships by the time I sign the papers, either I 'm hating the salesman or he hates me or I 've been through hell and back to get the price I wanted and usually argued for hours with them. My Acura dealer experience was really very pleasant and they only made $500 on the car. They never complained about everything. When I got there, they had already talked to my agent from carsdirect.com, they knew the prices and they didn't try to play any games. They never even asked me if I wanted any accessories, alarm, or anything.
    Wertman: You got a really good price on your LS. Congrats!

PS. Carlady deleted my last post to piggey because she felt it was obscene :) please..
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    Congrats to you Wertman!
    I guess it all goes with luck when purchasing anything, house, clothes, and car. I am having such a bad time trying to purchase my Integra vehicle in MD and VA, it isn't funny anymore. One of my cousins was just purchased an Integra LS (he doesn't care for leather seats) w/ wheel locks, splash guards, and a spoiler for 19.4K (in MD).

only1harry-What was your response that was so obscene? =)
  • judasjudas Member Posts: 217
    Piggey, why exactly are you wanting to run a new vehicle through carfax.com? I'm curious. What's the point? It's new.
  • ragtime4everragtime4ever Member Posts: 1
    hello all, here is my little 2 cents.

just drove back my wife's new 2000 Integra LS automatic coupe from dealership. 17k even including destination (tax, tag extra). oh, btw, i am also in MD.

does anybody here know a good on-line accessory store for acura? like for honda, there is the hparts.com. hope there is something that kind for acura too. thanks in advance.
    I test drove a '94 Integra GS-R. I really love the cars, and am (still) considering buying one. However, when 'pushed' the '94 (54K on the counter) had pervasive engine noise in the cabin (really a high pitched rumble, not really nice to the ears).
    Now I don't need someone to tell me that 'that's what a sports car is'... this was way over the hill!
    Granted, I tested a 'not-so-new' car, and am hopefully going to test drive a 2000 model next week (there aren't that many around). My biggest hope is that the engine noise is not AS dominating as in the older car I tried.
    Does anyone know if the newer models are a bit more insulated, - sound-wise? Of course, it may just be that the car I tested was a ...screamer?
    I am driving an 93 RS. I drove some models
    (incl. the 94 GS-R) before buying this one
    a couple of months ago.

I don't know how many sports cars you've
    driven before but the gs-r is not THAT
    noisy ... it's louder than family cars
    though so if you only experienced that
    till now ... welcome to the club.

there is also another thing here. i only
    drove manuals ... because i wasn't interested
    in buying auto ... he gs-r i drove was performing well in the 5th at around 4k with
    90mph ... the noise was reasonable.

but i hear from some friends
    that honda/acura auto shifters are very bad
    and this might be the case, the auto
    overreving the engine. if that one is an
    auto i wouldn't buy it.

my 1.5 cents.
    Do you expect a 4cyl. engine to be quiet at 8K RPM? I don't consider my '99 GSR too loud. It has a nice sound to it and I like it a lot. Especially when VTEC kicks in around 5800-6K RPM.
    I now have an AEM Cold Air Intake and it sounds much much better. It sounds like the car has headers. It sounds almost identical to a Type-R.
    Really nice and racey.. Don't buy the car if this bothers you. Test drive a '00 GSR anyway. It could 've been there were aftermarket parts on that '94 (most of them have some..) which is why it sounded whinny.. BTW, I hardly hear anything with the radio on.
    '99 Integra GSR
    '06 Civic LX coupe
    Especially to you, only1harry, for all your valuable info.

Of course, I'm NOT considering an auto. Have never owned one!

But the '94 car was exactly that: whinny. It was not a nice sound. Not the pitch in itself (I don't expect a 1.8 to sound like a 3 liter) but it was just not very nice. But again, the car was a '94...
    I don't mind engine noise at all, but there are some limits. I guess it's silly to have asked this anyway... I'll just have to take a GS-R for a spin.
    I truly think it's a very attractive car. I love the styling, and from what I've heard and read, it really is a great car in many respects.
    I have also read some complaints about the noisy cabin, but again, I guess I'll just have to be the judge next week...
    Thanks again!
  • mznmzn Member Posts: 727
    ragtime4ever, in addition to the help you get here, you may want to check our Aftermarket & Accessories conference for more information.

carlady/host
This discussion has been closed.