Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Focus ZX3

Comments

• micwebmicweb Member Posts: 1,617
    Tirerack recommended them to me for my Neon, so it is good to hear they handle better...and particularly good to hear they are quiet. I like the stock RSA's I have on my ZX3, but the stock Goodyear LS's on my Neon don't seem to handle well (I am not sure if the stock suspension is part of the problem).
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    Well, I have had my Focus for almost three years and with only 28k miles my 5-spd manual tranny is shot. Took it to the dealer and was told I needed a new transmission and it will take a couple of days to get one. Looks like I will be without a car for a week. At least it was still under warranty.
  • fdannafdanna Member Posts: 263
    Just out of curiosity... what are the symptoms of a dead transmission? Did you notice things not working correctly or did it just happen all of a sudden?
    I tried Monroe Sensatracs on my Echo, and they really improved the handling, so I am giving them a try on my 2003 ZX3, which seems a little "softer" than earlier versions of the ZX3.

What I like about the Monroe Sensatracs (vs. my other favorites, the KYB GR2's) is that they are made in Europe, for the Euro spec ZX3, and hence I expect them to be firmer than stock...despite the "calling card" of the Sensatracs, which is supposed to be a smoother ride (actually, they are dual stage, with road imperfections on the soft part of the cycle, and bumps subject to stiffer control).

I will report back how this upgrade works out. I used www.shockwarehouse.com since TireRack.com doesn't sell Monroes. Shocks ran around $170 for a set of 4 (technically struts at the front) and installation is another $250.

So far, upgrading to premium aftermarket shocks has worked much better for me than using Eibach lowering springs, which definitely improve handling, but make the ride far too harsh.

If the shocks work out, I may add Hawk aftermarket brake pads to improve stopping power. I have mixed feelings about the stock pads; I am not sure if they are a little soft, or if I am just used to the "bite" of the brakes I feel on other cars. On the other hand, I can say the Echo's pads don't exactly "bite" but they seem more responsive than the ZX3's. Go figure.
    One day last week my transmission became very hard to put into gear. This continued for a day or so. Then I got in and it popped out of first gear and made a horrible noise. After this the shifter was very loose and sloppy and would constantly pop out of gear. I do not know exactly what the problem is but was told they had to order a new trans and it won't be done til next week.
    They gave me a 04 Focus wagon to drive with the new 2.3. Even though it is an automatic it is quite peppy. I am very impressed with this new engine- very quite and much peppier than my Zetec. At least my car was still under warranty.
  • empiredjempiredj Member Posts: 21
    Maybe if your coming from those hard as a rock FireSTONES that might be the case. Personally I would have opped for a Kumho Supra 712 for even less money, V rated and very grippy for a "cheap" tire.

Falken Azenis are on another planet in terms of grip vs cost.

KYB GR-2's.... Yuck

Put the Focus S2 suspension under your car. At least it would be euro spec and not lower the car much.

Even the Eibach Pro System isn't bad. Only lowers the car about 1.5 in the front and 1.7 in the back. It includes Pro Dampers as well. Everybody that wants a more aggressive suspension like them, but not as much as the H&R Cup kit but if you don't know what that is, don't botheer its not for you...

I guess i'm WAY too aggressive for these boards, no wonder I don't come around very much.
  • empiredjempiredj Member Posts: 21
    If you think the automatic is peppy, try the stick...

Add some minor bolt-ons and be PAST rated power at the wheels. How much power? Enough to push the car into the 14 second zone with little trouble.

That's Mustang GT stomping grounds...

Pick up the latest issue of Focus Fanatics
  • muffin_manmuffin_man Member Posts: 865
    I'll stop by the newstand, but can you give us some details?
    After having the 2.3 auto for a complete day now, I can say this is a GREAT engine. It feels faster than my manual 2.0. And is definatley much quieter. I may have to go drive one with a manual. Now it is clear why Ford is doing away with the SVT Focus - you can buy a 2.3 Focus that is just as fast but costs thousands less. Of course it does not handle as well.
    My 2003 PZEV stick shift now has 7000 miles on it. I replaced the shocks with Monroe Sensatracs and it is well buttoned down now. The factory struts/shocks were a tad underdamped - fine for smooth road, but disappointing on undulating roads or when encountering pavement irregularites in curves - car would bobble and not feel glued to the road. The Sensatracs too care of the problem.

Pep Boys did the install of shocks I had ordered from shockwarehouse online. Installation was cheap and quick, but there is a rubbing noise from the right corner (only when I push the corner of the bumper up and down, no sound in the cabin while driving). More significantly, the back seat quarter panels had to be removed to access the rear shock bolts, and they reinstalled the driver side with a clip not attached (I can hear it rattle if I thump the panel) and with a plastic rivet near the headrest left out...so I have to take it back. I would recommend going to someone more upmarket if you have this work done, Pep Boys seems ok on the gross mechanical work but handled the trim issues poorly. I will report back if they make things right; quite frankly, finding a replacemtn plastic rivet is going to be a hassle, none of those little body parts are interchangeable and just finding the right part on the computer at a Ford parts counter will take the better part of a Saturday morning, if I do it.

I am having airconditioning installed by an aftermarket provider who does dealer work. Sadly, Ford dealers tell me there is no "official" aftermarket kit for the car (California PZEV models were produced in small numbers in 2003) so the subcontractor who supplies to Ford put together an "unofficial" kit with all Ford parts (wiring harness, pipes, compressor, condensor etc.) If ther was an official kit, I would have the remainder of the 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, but as an aftermarket I get 12 months, 12,000 miles. Also no savings by going to the after market shop...$2,000! (But the shop has installed 12 of these kits already, a bunch of other people bought the $8995 ad specials without air last year and now want aircon).

Total cost of the car to date: $8,995+ 2 oil changes at $27 + new shocks ($175 parts, $250 installation)(remember this was elective) + $2,000 aircon (elective) = $11,474, still much cheaper than an aircon Focus.

The list on a 2004 ZX3 is over $13,00 without aircon, and now comes with steel instead of alloy wheels, so I figure I am still way ahead of the game...but I am queasy about "non factory" air and will let you know how that works out.

I test drove a 2004 VW Golf GL this weekend - it "talks the talk" - side air bags, side curtain airbags (different), ABS, 4 wheel disc, power windows, locks, alarm, mirros...but it doesn't feel as solid, powerful, or big as the Focus. Question: why not? Why is VW lagging.
  • maynardmaynard Member Posts: 1
    I've only found a couple of posts on the board about this problem, but nobody mentioned a fix.

When my 2000 ZX3 was about a year old, I noticed that the passenger-side C pillar (the plastic cover that covers up the pillar that runs vertically next to the hatchback door) would rattle sometimes. Also, I noticed that there were about 3 or 4 pale spots that appeared on the pillar near the ceiling. At first I thought those spots were reflections of light bouncing onto the C pillar. I'm afraid that those spots are actually where the screws hold the C pillar to the structure of the car. It's not happening on the driver side at all. Has anybody else had this problem & what was done to stop the buzzing? I don't want to pull off the cover without hearing from others first (don't want to open a can of worms).
  • carglowcarglow Member Posts: 91
    Does anyone have specifics on the 05 ZX3 changes?

I heard something about the Focus sharing base engines with the Mazda 3. Is that an improvement from the 04 base engine?
  • andy71andy71 Member Posts: 96
    I read that the PZEV Focus is also the best Focus in terms of Horspower and Torque, no surprise given its larger displacement (2.3L vs 2.0L). But I have been told it is only sold in California and a few other western states? That sucks. My little sister is looking for a few affordable compact car. I think this car has it all. But we live on the east coast ( North Carolina) and the dealer told us that the 2.3L engine isn't available on the east coast. Is that true?
  • vadpvadp Member Posts: 1,025
    Ford has changed the whole pricing strategy.
    The 2.3 PZEV were available in every state for a short while and were a great bargain.
    Now you'll have to "pay" for that option that is available in a "premium" trim only (ST).

http://www.fordaxz.com/pdf/2005_focus.pdf
  • rwgreenbergrwgreenberg Member Posts: 154
    Hi all. My 2001 only has 24,000 miles, most of which have been very enjoyable and with the exception of the recalls and 2 of those PCEV (or whatever you call them) sensors that had to be replaced, has been reliable so far.

The other day the Ford dealer did an oil change for me and told me that the front brakes need replacing. I did not go ahead with this as I have never, ever, had to replace brakes this soon. I drive quite conservatively and have always gotten the max from my brakes. I am somewhat suspicious (before this Ford dealer I have avoided bringing in any car for service at the dealership, but just can't find a qualified local mechanic at this time and location).

So, how many miles have you all put on the first set before they were shot?

Also, if I need to replace them, what do you recommend that would be a step up from the factory pads?

Thanks,
    Rich
    The early Focuses are infamous for their prematurly wearing pads and rotors due to cheap materials.
    They stop the car fine, just don't last.
    The best deal I'm aware of can be located at very reputable www.batinc.net on page 5.
    They sale the Euro quality sets of Mintex pads with the rotors for just $109.00

http://65.109.103.142/files/focus.pdf
  • seminole_kevseminole_kev Member Posts: 1,696
    that kit from bat-inc is great. Been running it on my wife's car for 2 years. Good stopping power and feel. And it is nice not having the rotors wearing down like they were made of triscuits like the stock ones did!
  • iusecadiusecad Member Posts: 287
    I traded my 4wd pickup with a V8 and haven't had any trouble adjusting to this 4 cyl... Size wise is a different story...
  • carglowcarglow Member Posts: 91
    How's the visibility in the ZX3? Does the unique shape create "blind spots"?
  • seminole_kevseminole_kev Member Posts: 1,696
    I drive a ZX5 5-door hatch and there is a blind spot. It isn't bad as I use my mirrors and check when moving lanes, but there is a bit of a blind spot. Of course you'll often have that on cars with "stylized" C-pillars.

You'll just have to drive it and see if it is an issue for you.
  • richardmayorichardmayo Member Posts: 26
    I bought a 2004 ZX3 with the Premium package two weeks ago.

I'm really impressed with 2.3 PZEV engine. Thanks to everyone in this forum for their insight. I've always been leery of American cars, and so far the ZX3 has topped my expectations.
  • vvha313vvha313 Member Posts: 1
    I'm disappointed that the 2.3L engine isn't available in 2005 Focus hatches. Apparently for 05 the 2.0L Zetec has seen some minor upgrades. Has anybody driven an 05? I'm curious about opinions on the new model.
    The dinosaur Zetec is gone.
    The 2.0 L in the new model is a variation of the 2.3 L Duratec.
    These are two versions of the same Mazda designed engine.
    no one ever posts here.

Well, after 3.5 years and 31k miles I have sold my Focus ZX3. Even though I had a few recalls and had the trans replaced and the radio, I still really enjoyed my Focus. I will miss it and would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for an economical and fun to drive car.
    By the way, I leased a GTO on a two year lease - what a blast.
  • mautomauto Member Posts: 75
    Well you're impressed by the part of the car that's Mazda designed. That shouldn't be too worrying. It's the Ford contributions that always seem to be the letdown: brakes, electrical, etc.

Still, I think the ZX3 design still looks fresh, unlike the Civic coupe, which looked dated even when the new gen. came out in 2001.
  • larryh2larryh2 Member Posts: 1
    it's got the same blind spots as any other cars, i personally like it better, because it is shorter, it is easier to see.
  • snaptabsnaptab Member Posts: 21
    Not much action on this board in a looong time!

Where's all the ZX3 folks?

Anyway......here's a quick update on my 2001 ZX3. Just turned 50,000 miles. Still runs like a top, 4 years and still no problems or concerns. 5 speed shifts great, everything except tires still original. Yeah, even the much maligned original factory brake pads and shoes are still very functional! MPG remains consistent around 30 mpg no matter how or where I drive. No squeaks or rattles and no interior/exterior parts have fallen off. Hey,I still think the ZX3 is the best hatchback in the marketplace. Adios
  • akanglakangl Member Posts: 3,281
    Glad to see someone else happy with their ZX3. Mine is a 2004, bought it new in July, have just over 18k on it now. No problems or issues, best car I've ever owned.
  • bighouseazbighouseaz Member Posts: 4
    I'm a very satisfied owner of a 2000 ZX3 in red. It has 36,000 and has been consistently fun to drive and reliable.

The only problem that I had was the key stuck in ignition problem. I really wish Ford would step up to the plate and address this problem. As I understand it, I could get bitten anytime because the tumbler is still the same design.

I'll shop for another car in the next 12 months. I'll look at the Mazda3 5 door, the Scion tC, and the Focus. This time if I get a Focus I will get the 5 door and will get all the trimmings. The only problem with this option is that the Duratec sold in California is only rated at 130 horsepower. I'm not a power freak, but I would like a bit more. Can we say ZX5 ST in 2006?
  • cgsangelcgsangel Member Posts: 79
    My 2000 zx3 hit 100,000 miles about a month ago. Repairs outside of regular maintenance: front disc brakes at 80,000 miles; throttle mechanism replaced about the same time; tires at same time too.

Rear brakes have squeaked when wet (another complaint by alot of owners) for the whole 5 years I've owned it but otherwise have given me no trouble.

MPG: 32-35 city/highway
    Oil changes every 5,000 miles, no oil usage between changes
    Autumn orange built December 1999; purchased February 2000

My brother traded his 2000 zx3 at 98,000 miles - transmission failed, broken seat back, driver's side. He also had the broken ignition lock, the a/c leaks, brake problems. If I'd had his problems, I probably would have traded it too. I've been lucky with mine (knock on wood) but with the problems the first zx3's have had, I wonder if it's ready to trade. It's not worth much per KBB so I've been planning to keep it as long as it's reliable (which it has been so far...knock on wood, again:)

My wife wants a Mini Cooper so we may trade my Focus toward that and I'll drive her Chrysler Sebring (very low mileage). We also own a Dodge Minivan which will probably stay with us as long as it runs. (We like to haul stuff from Home Depot or Wal-Mart).
  • jtexjtex Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a '05 ZX3 S. So far I really like the car. I went from one extreme to another, I was going to buy a '04 MSM Miata but at double the price(only uses premium fuel also). I needed a car that would hold more(cargo/people) and I already have a '91 Miata in good shape.
    The car came with 5 speed, a/c, CD stereo. I paid $11.2 OTD. I sure wish it had a cruise control though. This car drives great on the highway. Only thing disapointing is the mileage I get, my best estimate about 25 in town maybe 30 on highway. The 2.0 Duratec engine performed great on the hwy., it wanted to 80 very easily with lots of pedal left. I've been a Mazda owner my last 5 new cars. So I decided to try this car due to it's mix of the best engineering features and after 5 year in production all the bugs should have been worked out. Guess I'll see!
    JT
  • 204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    I am seriously considering a ZX5 for my next run-about car (replacing a 92 Civic Si).
    From what I can read, the 2.0 is a just adequate for this car & the 2.3 far better. Unfortunately it looks like the 2.3 is only available in 04 Zxs.
    So I would love to hear comments from owners with ZX5s that have both 2.0 & 2.3 with AT & manual tranny.

2.0 owners, do you often wish from more power?

What real world mileage are people getting with either engine?
    Thanks
  • formulazx3formulazx3 Member Posts: 3
    I am a Ford Focus owner also and these problems sound all too familiar. I own a 2001 ZX3 with 120,000 miles. (yes I drive ALOT) I am truly dissatisfied with the build quality of this car, the amount of recalls, the amount of problems that SHOULD be recalls, and the lack of foresight in developement of the car concerning ease of access to commonly replaced parts. I also have horror stories that stem from poor "Quality Ford" mechanics that have cost me thousands of dollars.
    1)dpfe sensors (2)
    2)improper brake wear due to a misthreaded caliper screw that is KNOWN to strip easily (hmmm)
    3)skipping cd player when wheel turns to the right, check that, all the time now
    4)fuel pump (recall) replaced with faulty fuel pump that gives incorrect fuel reading
    5)thermostat housing leaks, another KNOWN issue with the zetec motor (with such a great following it's a wonder why they went to the duratec)
    6)plastic shifter housing broken in two pieces leading to cracked center console leading to loose fitment of shiftboot
    7)melted headlight clips that cause frequent burn out of headlight bulbs
    8)seatbelt height adjuster broken, (if you know what I am talking about, I mean really, did they think that was gonna work?)which now restricts the recoil
    9)average fuel consumption 22.5mpg for a 2.0 four cylinder with Variable intake and exhaust timing. !WOW!
    10)license plate light lens broken (I couldn't figure out how to change the burned out bulb, so I took it to a dealer to help me, and...well, they replaced the bulb. Now when I have to replace it from condensation and water some how finding its way into the fixture, I have no problem pulling out the lens with only one fastening tab)

ok, I'll stop for now, I can't think of anything else, but there is more. It may seem like little things, But when little mistakes lead to larger problems and I end up shelling out the time and money, It gets frustrating. I now do most of the work myself.
    My question is, when is Ford going to declare everyone of their foci lemons, and refund all the poor people who invested in what was hailed as a "great world car?"
    Also, can anyone point me towards a replacement thermostat housing/water outlet that is not PLASTIC? Does an aluminum housing exist for the 2001 ford focus zetec?
  • dgsdgs Member Posts: 20
    "My question is, when is Ford going to declare everyone of their foci lemons, and refund all the poor people who invested in what was hailed as a great world car?"

Well even though you've had your fair share of problems, there are plenty of people (right on this thread even) who purchased a Focus and are very happy with it. Plenty with lots of miles on the odemeter too. Clearly not every Focus is a lemon, and clearly 2000 and 2001 were the WORST years you could buy the car. Reliability has gotten much better and it's been a Consumer Best buy car for four years in a row.

I just picked up my special order (it took 3 months to get it) 2005 ZX5 with every option but an automatic transmission and the Audiophile. The car had an MSRP of $20,245 but the dealership knocked $1,200 off that price and then there was an additional $2,500 in rebates I took advantage of. My out the door price with everything $17,700 and I put no money down. 5.9% financing through Ford credit for five years. I love this car! The 2.0L has plenty of zip with the manual transmission. I never have any problems getting up to speed on the freeway, it's more than adequate for 2600 pound car. I'm a little over 1,000 miles and gas milage has been average, mostly city driving and I'm consistently getting 25 MPG. The car drives and handles like any European car should, and what other car can you buy for $16,500 that has heated leather seats, traction control, ABS, side airbags, 6 disc MP3/CD player, steering wheel audio controls, perimeter alarm system, and a moonroof? This car was the best purchase I've ever made, and one of the smartest. Ford packed a lot of goodness into this little car. I'm hoping to get five years or more out of it.

And finally Ford fixed some of the things you've been complaining about in the 2005 model. The brake pads are of a much higher quality, they hardly produce an brake dust, the front rotors are bigger and of better quality, the new engine should prove to be much more reliable than the Zetec because it's made by Mazda, the suspension has been tweaked for all models so it rides even better than before, they are using a new head unit so no more skipping or jammed cd's, and I'm sure there is much more to list but it's late, and I'm going to bed!
    Not every Focus is a lemon. I've had my 04 ZX3 for 8 months and have packed 26,000 miles on her with no problems other than the PCV valve (it froze) and a seatbelt retractor.

This little car will cold start at 30 below zero (not plugged in) and is more than willing to go at 56 below zero. I've never owned a more reliable car. Its a blast to drive and has gotten me through a rough winter commuting 165 miles/day. Paid $11,000 OTD and was the best money I ever spent on a car!
  • dupes01dupes01 Member Posts: 13
    I have had my 2003 ZX3 for 44000 miles with the 2.0 Zetec and the 5-speed. Runs pretty decent, have added a K&N filter. I drive to work on a busy highway at 75 to 90 mph with frequent slowdowns and 5 to 4th gear downshifts to pass fast lane cloggers and I average 29 mpg overall.

What other car has so much get up and go at 80mph and still gets 30mpg overall? Bet nowone could name one as cheap as the focus.

I have one problem, the steering is smooth until 80mph, once past 80mph the steering wheel starts vibrating and it seems to get worse from 80 and on. Still running stock 15inch Goodyear Eagle RS-As and have had no brake work. Anybody have any insight into this issue?
    go to the hunter dot com website and look up this balancing system. It's worked for me on several cars.
  • 204meca204meca Member Posts: 369
    I am interested in a used Ford Focus ZX5 with all options (e.g. traction control...). I have no idea how many of these were made or how difficult it will be to find one. I am wondering if there is a site that I could go to that would list production numbers and installation rates of various options for the 2003 & 2004 Ford Focus.

Thanks
  • formulazx3formulazx3 Member Posts: 3
    does anyone know where I can find an aluminum thermostat housing for a ford focus zetec motor?
  • hawks1hawks1 Member Posts: 57
    Looking through a lot I found a 5-speed '05 ZX4(S)with air marked down to $10,500. However, it doesn't have cruise control. Is this something the dealer could install or is it strictly a factory install?
    The air shop that installed factory air on my 2003 ZX3 also did factory speed control installations. It depends on whether there is a kit for the 2005. They replace the steering wheel, reusing the old air bag (you need the controls on the wheel). Try to find the shop that does the actual work; I got the runaround from Ford dealers. Don't go to a shop that does factory air for every make, they usually don't do such a good job. The shop I went do specialized in Ford's only.
  • jerpicjerpic Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys...

I just found this website and was excited to be able to share my experience with my 2002 Ford Focus ZX3. Although I do not knock anyone who recommends this car, I must say that I cannot do the same.

In the time I've owned this car (drove it new, off the lot in Atlanta) I've had two factory-installed 6-Disc in-dash stereo's replaced by Ford. The last one has now died as well. None of my CDs were returned by Ford.

I've also replaced the transmission that failed at 75K miles. Then replaced a part that fell off of the new replacenent transmission. After that, the alternator failed. After replacing that, the electrical system failed and I had to replace that.

After the electrical system failed, my thermostat cracked and drained all of the coolant fluid out of the engine. The thermostat and thermostat housing had to be replaced.

Wait...

I haven't started on my brakes, which do not work when wet. Even the emergency brake is slow to stop this car during any kind of rain.

I've now spent more fixing this car than it's worth, and due a bad financing deal (yes, totally my own doings) I am upside down on the car and cannot afford to sell it.

Which leads me to my last point. If you are seriously considering buying this car, do a little research on the net about Ford Focus AND reliability. Key words: electrical, BRAKES, transmissions. Then go over to Kelly Blue Book and get the estimated value of a used one.

I'm not expecting my Ford Focus to retain the value of a 4x4 truck, however compare the Focus against the Civic and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Again, for those who have had great luck with your cars, I'm happy for you and consider you blessed. They are some of the coolest looking cars I've seen, I just wish they would hold up better.

Just a few of my thoughts ;)
    -Jeremy
  • douguildouguil Member Posts: 3
    I changed rotors and pads at around 40k miles - everyone know OEM brakes are bad (installed aftermarket ceramic ones). About 5 or 6K later I started smelling a burning odor when braking hard. I though it could be the new brakes, the mechanic inspected them but they look fine. Could it be a leakage of the brake fluid when the pressure is very high while braking hard and it burns on the hot engine?
  • oscarismyfocusoscarismyfocus Member Posts: 1
    I bought my green beauty, I call him Oscar, back in 2000 and was ecstatic with the headroom, the 5speed, the smooth ride. I've driven it from New York to Arizona, AZ to Vegas, AZ to LA, and many more road trips. Mechanically speaking, engine-wise, I've had no problems *KNOCK ON WOOD*. But the following stupid little things have happened:

1) The damned ignition lock situation left me stranded and WASN"T covered by my warranty..I had NO idea others of you had the same thing.
    2) The Driver side visor just fell in my lap one day
    3) The Handle o the DS seat fell off...
    4) The clip that holds up the shield in my hatchback broke off
    5) The *#(&$#5'in driver side seat bent all to hell, frame just snapped.
    6) There's some wiring above the pedals that falls loose every now and then that has to plugged back up there to get it to run. Thank god my husband knows what he's doing.
    7) The passenger side door handle popped out and now has to be pushed in then pulled to open the door.
    8) Squealing breaks, from time to time, no matter how good the brakes are

I know there's more..>I just know there is. The car has almost 70K on it...and I tell ya....we've been together 5 years now and it may be time to give him up.

ARGH!
  • ukbbukbb Member Posts: 11
    What real world mileage are people getting with either engine?

I just bought a used 2003 ZX3, 5 speed, 2.0L with 13,000 miles and my first 2 fill ups have netted 26 and 30 mpg.
    I have a 2004 ZX3 5-speed, 2.0L with 28,300 miles on her, she's stuck right at 29.7 mpg. Hasn't budged for a while, I check everytime I fill Zippy up and that's what it always is, lol. That's with commuting 165 miles/day through the hills with an average speed of 75 mph plus some city driving. GREAT CAR!!!! I love my little Zippy, have had her since July 21, 2004. :D
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,255
    '04 2.3 5spd sedan 10k miles, epa 25-33. average 26-27 winter, 28-31 summer. 99% driving is 2-13 miles one way.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • nickpsnickps Member Posts: 18
    The new Focus has more power than the previous ones. Most likely if you don't have a SVT Focus than you will be gaining some horsepower. Don't knock it until you have driven it. I know because i recently purchased a loaded 05 Focus SES.
  • nickpsnickps Member Posts: 18
    I recently purchased a 2005 Ford Focus SES. My Focus has leather, heated seats and mirrors, remote stereo controls, and a six cd changer. I paid about 15,500. The sticker was around 18,500. I love the car. I am actually looking to see what deals people have been getting in North Jersey. I am looking to buy another one soon but I don't like the dealerships attitude and wish to purchase one else where. I want to know if anyone has paid a similar price.
  • SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
    Sorry to hear about your issues, but please do review the Membership Agreement and refrain from using profanity (masked or otherwise) in your postings. We like to keep the Forums clean and inviting for everyone.

Thanks!