Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura Integra - (All years/styles)

Comments

• bfdrwcbfdrwc Member Posts: 9
    about that brake light I can't help there ,,, if you live in the DC or MD area I could help you out on cheacking it ,,,,,, if not can't help you there
  • abhinaikabhinaik Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for offering help. But I am in PA so I gues gotta do it myself
  • kkodalkkodal Member Posts: 34
    you brake light come on when the fluid leved is low or the sensor in your reservoir is bad.even when you park the fluid level might be right but as you drive the level might be lower than it is supposed to and the brake light is also connected to the emergency brakes so you might want to check your emercency brakes as well. :shades:
  • y2kcrashy2kcrash Member Posts: 13
    May want to check what is called the shifter switch located on you shifter column. You will need to remove your centre console to see it.
    Same problem occur on my 1990 Intregra LS
    Cost of new switch in 2005 was $60 Can
    Part number I have for it is 35700-SK7-A01 Swtich Assembly
    Hope this helps.
    The problem will get worse as time goes too the point that you will also be not able remove your key from the igination because the shifter will not indicate when you are in park.
  • toyoglide_71toyoglide_71 Member Posts: 1
    Did anyone find out how to fix or what is causing the s3 light to keep on flashing. please help
    Thanks
  • manyfestmanyfest Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy this car. I have read a few things here that seem helpful but nothing specific in this model so far from what i read there are no major complaints. I would really appreciate as much information that i can gather on this car from experience owners or Acura's aficionados. The car is an automatic, one owner, l12,000 miles, and no accidents. Some guy wrote that Japanese automakers are bad with automatic transmissions I tend to disagree since I own a 1987 Toyota Camry and boy that car is a soldier after 200,000 miles. I thinks is the fact that by having a manual trans you have a better feel for the car is a 2 in 1 with the car type of feeling as least that's what I think. Thanks in advance for the help! :)
  • acura94acura94 Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever find out about the whole fuse box code thing???
    I am trying to decipher my 94 acura electronic fuse box. I want to install a radio and speakers, but the power line is just not sending any source to the radio... Let me know what you found out or did, please!!!!
  • mmyk72mmyk72 Member Posts: 67
    I just noticed the PS fluid is right on the "Low" line of the reservoir, and there seems to be oil seepage on the pipe that comes out of the reservoir.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Is it ok to just top off the PS fluid. (I think it's a small leak - not more than a cup or so every few months). How expensive is it to fix?

I just bought a bottle of PS fluid for Honda cars (have not added it to my car yet). In the store, I noticed another brand of PS fluid that says it's safe for all cars and that it stops leaks. Is it advisable to use the type that stops leaks? (I'm a bit worried since my owners manual says to use only Honda fluid or else damage is possible).

I've a 94 Integra LS.
    Actually I last checked this and the oil seepage is not on the ends of the rubber hose, but on the pump itself. Any ideas if it'll be expensive to fix?
  • robcal310robcal310 Member Posts: 1
    I recently had Best Buy install a new head unit in my 1997 Acura Integra and when I took it home I noticed my instrument panel and climate control lights are no longer functioning. I checked all the fuses and it still will not turn on. I noticed when I tried to dim or brighten the lights a fuse will blow. But now when I mess with the dimmer it no longer blows a fuse. I was looking into the manual and found out that my tail lights and license plate lights run with the same fuse as my instrument panel and climate control lights. My tail lights and license plate lights function properly. Please help!!!
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Member Posts: 254
    Replace the main relay. It is located under the dash on the drivers side. Remove the plastic panel to gain access.
  • guariguari Member Posts: 1
    The main relay, is that the fuse panel on the driver side along the side of the car or is it actually up under the dash board?
    The main relay is located up under the dash on the driver's side. It controls the fuel pump. Click on this link for more information: http://techauto.bravehost.com/acurarelay.html
  • onehandhighonehandhigh Member Posts: 1
    Seen alot of misinformation, I just want to clarify a few things.

First off, the question of which is better, TYPE-R or GS-R?

If you want to stick with all-motor mods(non-turbo/supercharger), go with the TYPE-R, it has a higher compression(11:1).

But, if you want all out power and insanity, go with a GS-R, it's compression is still high at 10:1 but with low compression pistons and cylinder sleeves, it responds much better to TURBO or SUPERCHARGING, mods and is capable of far more power than a TYPE-R.

I do not remember the magazine, but from a shop called ENDYNE in Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas, they turbo'd a 95 GS-R to 744 WHP(wheel horse power). without slicks it was running 10.01 in the 1/4 mile.

Stock TYPE-R's at 195 hp are faster than Stock GS-R's(170) and will respond better to simple cheap mods.

VTEC in fact kicks in at 4400 with the first lobe, and the second lobe of VTEC kicks in at around 6000.

I own a 95 GS-R got it around 04-05 for 6k, the owner before me added Cold Air Intake, DC Headers, and Borla exhaust. An enormous storm here in UTAH swamped my old GS-R engine because i did not have an air bypass valve(now i know), USDM(united states domestic market.) I imported a JDM(japan(ese) domestic market) engine. it has a higher compression of 10.6:1 than a stock USDM GS-R, and 180hp instead of 170, with mods has over 200 hp.

I haven't topped out my new engine yet, need to fix my front right drive axle first(huge 1-1/2 foot porcupine damaged it) but my old motor with same mods hit 149 on I-215 here in utah.

Take Care All, and please research before giving info.
  • danno82danno82 Member Posts: 1
    1... i need to replace my driver side front window motor. im looking for a link/site that can give me a detailed step by step rundown of how to remove panel to get to the motor, so i can pull that sucker out. 2... is it even worth attempting myself or should i just fork over the dough to get it installed professionaly? someone, please help...
  • eilroseilros Member Posts: 35
    I'm going to test drive a 1994 GSR sedan with 200K miles tomorrow. Are there any problem areas I should look at? The owner has all maintenance receipts and is the original owner.

I'm really looking forward to the drive. I had a 1998 GSR that I sold in 2001 and can't wait to get back behind the wheel.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
  • gerriberrigerriberri Member Posts: 44
    Have a 99 Integra GS, with 38k, Just brought it in for servicing. Here is what they told me I needed with prices. Am I being ripped off, or is this legit?

New Belt- $799. ( never had it replaced, so probably need it, car bought in 99, new, have had all service done, but never new engine belt.. they are telling me it should be replaced every 60k or 5 yrs.)
    Trunk Latch-$468 (latch is sticking, telling me they need to replace whole thing)
    Front Brake-$189 (they say needs replacing, ok..break is making kind of hollow sound, so could be true)
    Brake Cap-$75
    Splash Shield-$117.98 ( hanging down, needs replacing)
    Sunroof-$918 (sunroof is difficult to open and they say the whole motor is going and entire thing needs to be replaced) I live in southern nevada, so love having the use of the sunroof with the nice weather, but is it worth to replace or not?
    Basic 37,500k service- $79.95

Love my car, have had no trouble since owning it. Replaced battery once, and recently bought new tires. Should I be putting this kind of money into a car that is this old? Should I skip the sunroof repair? :confuse:

Any insight you can give me would be much appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • gerriberrigerriberri Member Posts: 44
    Have a 99 Integra GS, with 38k, Just brought it in for servicing. Here is what they told me I needed with prices. Am I being ripped off, or is this legit?

New Belt- $799. ( never had it replaced, so probably need it, car bought in 99, new, have had all service done, but never new engine belt.. they are telling me it should be replaced every 60k or 5 yrs.)
    Trunk Latch-$468 (latch is sticking, telling me they need to replace whole thing)
    Front Brake-$189 (they say needs replacing, ok..break is making kind of hollow sound, so could be true)
    Brake Cap-$75
    Splash Shield-$117.98 ( hanging down, needs replacing)
    Sunroof-$918 (sunroof is difficult to open and they say the whole motor is going and entire thing needs to be replaced) I live in southern nevada, so love having the use of the sunroof with the nice weather, but is it worth to replace or not?
    Basic 37,500k service- $79.95

Love my car, have had no trouble since owning it. Replaced battery once, and recently bought new tires. Should I be putting this kind of money into a car that is this old? Should I skip the sunroof repair?

Any insight you can give me would be much appreciated!
    Thanks!
  • chuchu1chuchu1 Member Posts: 2
    OK, I have the same Car, Turn Key, Just a "Click" I tried the Clutch pedal positioning, reset the "Maint required" even That it was not on, it's a waiting game till it starts. WHere Can I find this Switch under the dash? Is there a Shematic that can lead me to this item? SOme say: Starter is going bad, Others say Starter relay, I have replaced the Fuel Pump relay Last month ( and it was not needed) Also the ABS system was replaced not I have an issue with the Breaks!
    The Pedal st a stop will eventually go all the way to the floor. Acura service want 400.00+ for repair of just the Break Master Cylinder.. I can get the part for less that 75.00. Is there a web site I can go to to show me some parts breakdown for the "Switch you refer to and perhaps the Master Cylinder are.. I really Love this car and have had it since the day of it's birth :-)
    By the way, I have read many of your replys to folks... I would like to thank you in advance for your support to them and Also to let you know... You have helped me as well :-)

Thanks
    chuchu1
    Anchorage, AK
  • chuchu1chuchu1 Member Posts: 2
    WOW, Was I asleep!? The Vehicle is a 1994 Acura Intergra GS-R. 110. K miles. All services done since birth of car. I wonder if this Starting problem is something Acura may already be aware of. Perhaps I may get LUCKY and there is a service Bulletin on it. Hmmm?

Recently replaced:

Clutch assy
    Shift Master Cylinder (was leaking) then not shifting properly
    Battery with Reversed leads
    Relay (which controls fuel)
    ABS master cylinder and accummilator
    Break pads

Shouldn't this car be Toast?
    :sick:
  • elstraitjacketelstraitjacket Member Posts: 8
    hi. i bought mine in 2005 with 189k on it for $1500, but i did buy it from the parents of a friend. i feel you though, i love my integra, but i feel like i think it's worth way more than anyone else is willing to pay for it. hope this helps at all.

by the way, my 92 has no badge other than "west" on the hatch. i think it's a gs-it's a 1.8L 3dr. just curious if anyone knows.
    what's up everybody? new to the neighborhood. anyway, my 92 has been giving me trouble starting. the battery is less than a year old. lately, i've been needing a jump to get it started. also, i noticed that when i raise the power windows with the headlights on, the headlights will dim slightly. is this necessarily an alternator issue?

thanks
  • jimbob1975jimbob1975 Member Posts: 9
    At present I have a 98 Integra LS with 302,000 miles on it and would like to know how long do these typically last, and how much more I can drive this one before I make any more major repairs or replacements. I just wonder if the recent repairs and the upkeep expenditures were worth it, considering the mileage and the fact that I am looking to replace this one sometime this year.
    hey everyone. my 92 integra has a problem with the fan running for way too long after i cut the motor, to the point where it drains the battery and won't start. anyone have any suggestions? thanks!
  • jeffreyc42jeffreyc42 Member Posts: 7
    We bought this 1992 mint condition Type-R in Dec 07. Only had 50k miles. Drove perfectly for 1 month. Then it would not start. Taken to dealer determined after many checks that it was a blown head gasket. Now they tell us that one of the cylinders is cracked and that the engine is shot.

The dealer said they cannot find a engine to get replacement parts.

My questions are these;
    1) Does anyone know of a web site that has alot of Acura parts available?
    2) Can a LS engine be put into a Type-R, will the tranny work?
    3) Does anyone know of a machine shop that could manufacture the cylinder?
    4) Any known good Acura rebuilders in the NE

I really want to keep this one. The body and interior is truly in mint condition. Please help.
    Try this locator service:
    http://www.uneedapart.com/
    Regards
    Corkscrew
  • ravdravd Member Posts: 3
    Hello.
    I hope to soon sell (or possibly trade in) my 1996 Acura Integra GS-R (70,000 miles). However, currently it needs a new radiator and other parts. My local auto shop has given me a bid of $700 for parts and labor.

Should I have them repair it before I try to sell or trade it? Thanks in advance for any advice.
  • acurabotacurabot Member Posts: 2
    Hey i have a 98 integra dashlights and interior lights dont work when i change the fuse it blows...my antenna wont work and the light for the door is always on but doors are closed if anyone can help me it would be great its a pain lol thanks
  • tparktpark Member Posts: 3
    I believe you have a short somewhere in the wiring of your lights. Trace the wires from the inside of the dash back to the fuse box or from the fuse box to the dash.
    hey guys...can anyone help me locate the a/c high and low pressure service ports on my 92 integra? i'm trying to recharge/retrofit the system to 134a...thanks!

-dave
  • kxiong87kxiong87 Member Posts: 3
    hi guys..i recently got my timing belt replaced and was wondering whats causing the car to have a bad acceleration problem after the engine gets warmed up. It would lagged up a bit then will accelerate smoothly. Please help..thanks
  • norcal51norcal51 Member Posts: 5
    I have a 96 gsr and Some times when I get on it, the passenger side half shaft will pop out of the tranny. I can get under the car and pop it back in and it drives fine. I replaced both half shafts and my motor mounts are fine. Any ideas?
    I have a 96 gsr (manual) and Some times when I get on it, the passenger side half shaft will pop out of the tranny. I can get under the car and pop it back in and it drives fine. I replaced both half shafts and my motor mounts are fine. Any ideas on what this could be or how to fix it?
    I have a 96 gsr (manual) and Some times when I get on it, the passenger side half shaft will pop out of the tranny. I can get under the car and pop it back in and it drives fine. I replaced both half shafts and my motor mounts are fine. Any ideas on what this could be or how to fix it?
  • acristandoacristando Member Posts: 1
    when im driving 40-60 mph and my foot is on the throttle my car makes a whistling noise, im new to the imports so im not sure what it is, any suggestions?
    If you have an after market air intake the filters sometimes make that noise. I have had two cars that have done that. I wouldn't worry about a slight whistle. If you wanna see if it is the filter, take it off and put the stock one on and go 40-60 or you can just take the filter off, but don't drive too far with it off, you don't want stuff going in your intake manifold.
  • lhylhy Member Posts: 48
    Hello:

What are the insurance costs like for an 1999 Acura Integra LS sedan with automatic transmission?

Are these costs more than other import sedans like a Maxima, Corolla, or Accord?

I know that Integras (and like other Hondas) are the targets of thefts and also used for street racing.
  • dave310dave310 Member Posts: 3
    I have experienced that same thing, I have 93 GS. But mine was never too serious and mysteriously went away w/o any repair.

Sorry this reply may be a little late for you. (Strangely, i bought my car the same week you posted your msg).
  • dave310dave310 Member Posts: 3
    I have an intermittent starting problem with my 1993 Acura Integra GS that my mechanic has been unable to duplicate or diagnose. When the engine is cold, i sometimes hear nothing when i turn the key (though not every day!) But then if i keep trying it, the engine will eventually turn over, and starts fine the rest of the day. Sometime the delay is only a few seconds, sometimes almost a minute. Can anyone offer an explanation?
    My 94 Integra LS did the same thing a few yrs back. Eventually it wouldn't start at all or only intermittently. I took it to a shop and they said to put in a new starter. After that, it has worked fine for several yrs now.

Another possibility could be just loose connection at the battery.
    i had a similar problem with my 92 gs. sometimes it wouldn't start at all, other times i used a jump box and gave the starter a little tap with a mallet and it would kick right on. the starter was replaced twice within a year and i kept having the same problem. when i eventually took it to a reputable mechanic they said it might be a bad ignition coil which is tough to diagnose because it could give you a good reading at one temparature then test bad at another. i went ahead and got a new one off of ebay for $18 and with new plugs, wires, cap and rotor i've had no problems. i would test the coil when it's hot and also maybe the ICM. hope this helps.
  • cisco19cisco19 Member Posts: 2
    My name is Francisco Lopez and I am looking for a used 2000 Acura Integra with Automatic Transmission, either a coupe or sedan, to buy it at a fair and reasonable price. The car must be in good condition and running condition. So if you happen to have or know someone who has a used 2000 Acura Integra with Automatic Transmission and is in good running condition please get in contact with me as soon as possible.
  • shr30shr30 Member Posts: 15
    Francisco,
    I am interested in hearing more on your needs/ideas for the integra - let me know.
    I have a 2000 auto in great shape, but would like to hear more of what it might lead to.
    SR
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The CarSpace forums cannot be used to buy or sell items and postings that offer cars for sale or are looking for cars to buy will be removed
  • jimbob1975jimbob1975 Member Posts: 9
    Mine have been $968 per year for a 98 Integra LS sedan w/automatic. I live in SE PA, in the Philly suburbs, therefore your premium may vary.

To answer your second question the costs would be higher than those for a Corolla or Civic, about on par with the Accord but probably lower than those for a Maxima.
  • centercapcentercap Member Posts: 1
    I need a wheel center cap for my 90 GS Integra. It is a 14 inch factory wheel called "Torque Star". The cap is 6 3/4 inches wide in front and the back has a ring on the inside of the clips and it measures 6 1/2 inches from side to side inside the ring. Having a tough time finding it especially for a 14 inch with 4 lugs wheel.
  • r_kr_k Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am new to this forum and looking to buy 1997 Acura Integra LS 4dr (114k on it); the deal I am getting it is $4800; I need help with the following:

- Do you think it's a good deal? :)
    - Are Acuras known for long innings i.e. over 200k?
    - Is there anything to negotiate on Acura Integra 1997/any known problems in the car? :(
    - My need is basically a car for daily commute, put really around 70+ miles daily. ;)
    Need your help to answer the above. Looking forward to your help!

Thanks
    RK
  • nipponnippon Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Twenty years ago, Michael J. Fox said "Kakko-INTEGRA" !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb6t-vK7Giw&feature=related
  • car_lovecar_love Member Posts: 27
    I paid about 1200 a year for a 98 GSR

Bought an Accord and was only paying 900 A year.
  • littleblue200klittleblue200k Member Posts: 1
    My poor little car was backed into recently. The hood and bumper have been crumpled; one of the headlight housing was also crumpled, but the light and the motor still work. I want it all repaired. I love my car; it has over 240K miles and runs like a top, even after the accident. A concern of mine is that my insurance company may declare the car to be totaled. What amount of money can I expect if it is declared totaled?
This discussion has been closed.