Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Venture

Comments

• claywaterfillclaywaterfill Member Posts: 534
    The input sounds good. An earlier post said Montana was #1 in real world stats (vs #9 for Venture, interesting) and the Pontiac dealer around from me has all 2002 Montanas $6000 off MSRP. May take a look. Thanks again!
  • td01td01 Member Posts: 7
    We just bought a 2002 Chevy Venture LT with bunch of options. I am wondering if anyone has DVD installed. Dealer is asking for $2000 for DVD player and video screen and installation. Looking for input on performance and price. Is it better to go outside the dealer network for installation?
    Thanks
    TD
    I have seen Pontiac Montana 2002 advertised out the door price plus tax/tags about $7,200 below MSRP. MSRP is $31,130 dealer advertised for 23,923 includes freight.
    TD
  • jeberjeber Member Posts: 91
    I've done some limited research into video systems...Haven't got one yet myself, probably this winter...I think you could find a decent one, installed, for about $1000 to 1200.

Check out some of the custom car audio shops, also big box places like Circuit City, BestBuy, etc., good prices and those types of places often have surprisingly competent stereo/video installers, probably as good or better than dealer's.
  • dadofchampdadofchamp Member Posts: 15
    The gas cap door on my 99 is stuck open. Not enough to engage the sliding door stop and prevent it from opening, but just enough to scrape along the inside of door as it goes by. If I try to push it closed, it just pops back open. My wife took it to a neighborhood service station where the owner/mechanic removed an interior panel, said he couldn't see anything wrong and that he would have to really start tearing apart the interior to see where the problem was. At that point he said "No charge, take it to the dealer."

Anybody had this happen before? Is the dealer my best option?
  • tpetertpeter Member Posts: 1
    i recently bought a 99 venture, and it does have 80k miles on it but i noticed that after letting the van sit for awhile after driving, i start the van and some smoke comes out of the exhaust it looks like its burning oil but im unsure.. is anyone else having this problem?
  • kkollwitzkkollwitz Member Posts: 274
    If it's just a puff at starting, and not a continuous cloud, it's probably worn valve guides, which is no big deal at 80k miles. It shouldn't cause high oil consumption, and it's not worth fixing. I've always regarded valve guide wear as an aesthetic problem (smoke at startup). If your oil consumption is no worse than 1 quart per 1500 miles, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • pwillekenspwillekens Member Posts: 1
    We just got a 2003 Venture, AWD, WB Edition.
    We would like to get two additional IR Head Phones for the entertainment system. Dealer gave me about an outrages price. Can not be right for such a simple device made in China!
    Anyone having experience in purchasing after market IR Head Phones?
    Thanks.
    You may be able to get some online from Crutchfield, or a GM parts store such as http://www.gmotors.com/main.html.
  • offhamoffham Member Posts: 344
    Suggest check out Circuit City and Best Buy. They do installation etc, and sure dealer would send it to a facility and take a mark up.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The Venture is this week's TMV Deal of the Week.

Steve

Host

SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Folks:
    We bought our Chevy Venture about a month and half ago. It has General Self Sealing Tires XP 2000 GT. Upon inspecting tires closely, I noticed there are about 5 or 6 place on the side walls where it is pinched in. It is not a smooth surface. It is more apparent on two front tires. Has anyone else noticed this. Is this something we should be concerned about? I plan to take it dealer and have him look at it. Any information on this issue would be helpful.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I had some Kirkland (Costco branded Michelin) tires like that once, and the sidewalls looked "wavy" from certain angles. Some people call them mold marks even though tires are pretty much built up without any molds. Anyway, I think what you are seeing is just the material overlapping. It's pretty common and nothing to worry about.

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards
  • swede1959swede1959 Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to relate a set of problems I had recently with my 2000 Venture LT. Brought the vehicle to a local garage for an oil change/safety inspection. They told me there was a coolant leak up near the intake manifold and suggested having it looked at ASAP. At that point, the car was out of warranty at about 39000 mi. Brought it to the dealer I bought it from and also called the 800 number for Chevrolet to plead my case for help in getting this repaired. They ended up replacing the whole intake manifold and associated gaskets and Cherolet paid for this under their "goodwill" program. The day after I got the van back from this repair, it wouldn't start. Had it towed back to the Chevy dealer and they had it for 5 days and diagnosed a bad fuel pump. This time I had to pay up front a "reduced"
    price of $665.00, but the Service manager called me back and offered to submit $600 of this for reimbursement with Chevrolet. Still waiting for the check, but it's supposed to be coming. After getting the van back this time, I still had multiple instances of the van not starting, mostly after it had been driven for a while and then sat for a few minutes before trying to start it again. Often, I'd have to wait several hours, but the van would start again. VERY AGRIVATING intermittent problem. It was towed back to the dealer after one of these occurances and they couldn't find a problem. Finally I had to try a reputable local mechanic. They took my history and diagnosed a bad ground connection to the fuel pump. They resoldered the connection and the van has been fine ever since.

Moral of the story: Use the dealer for warranty repairs and basic stuff after that. If it's anything beyond the basics, I'd recommend a good local mechanic that has a solid reputation and references. The dealer mechanics I've dealt with are not the Mr. Goodwrench's we've been led to believe. Also, hindsight being 20-20, I'd purchase the extended warranty on the van if I were to buy another one.

We've been happy with it for the most part and were pleased that Chevy stood behind the vehicle even beyond the 3yr/36000 mi warranty, but repairs on this vehicle can be very expensive and the extended warranty would be my reccomendation.

Also, keep an eye on your engine for coolant leaks up by the intake manifold. I've heard of it happening with other Venture's. Try to catch it under the 36000 miles. I think Chevrolet should consider recalling it, but so far they haven't.
  • darmani1darmani1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone had problems with the automatic sliding doors sticking? Seems to happen mostly during hot weather. Usually after clicking on the open button over 20 times, it will open with a "pop" sound. Haven't had the problem in the cooler weather.
  • agt_cooperagt_cooper Member Posts: 202
    We have a 2000 Pontiac Montana....just had it in the shop for emissions inspection, safety inspection, oil change, radio fix.

Guess what they found? Leaking coolant around the intake manifold!!! Fortunately, only 33,000 miles!!!

Also, found leaking rear brake cyclinders (replaced).

Of course, all this is nothing compared to the 2 transmission replacements we've already had!!! One failed 16k, the next one at 16.5k. Ahhh, that "great GM feeling".....

With only 3k left on the warranty, we're seriously considering an extension....Next time, it will not be a GM minivan, which is a shame, because we do like the vehicle.
  • momtobeagainmomtobeagain Member Posts: 3
    Hi - we're expecting our third child in June and are looking at vans. Can't afford the Odyssey - so it's the Venture or the Dodge Grand Caravan - any suggestions?
    First: go drive 'em. Then get back to us with your driving impressions, the interiors, the seat versatility, etc.
  • cptpltcptplt Member Posts: 1,075
    its very common, had it in my 00LS at 38K, fortunately I had an extended warranty (had a Windstar before!). The dealer knew exactly what it was when I called and said I'd seen a few drops of coolant on the garage floor. Maybe Chevy will extend the engine warranty. Ford ended up extending the warranty on 95 Windstars for head gasket problems to 100K!
  • jints2282jints2282 Member Posts: 33
    I have 20K miles on my 01 Venture, don't think I would buy another without extended warranty. Like all the features, just not very well constructed. Already making funny noises and lots rattling going on. Luckily Chevy dealer is within walking distance. Try to buy extended warranty now, they are asking full price. Make sure you buy the extended warranty at the time of the van purchase, and let them know the price of it could be a deal breaker. If you let me do it again, I'd buy an Odyssey in a heartbeat, like my neighbor, who hasn't been back to dealer yet on any warranty work. I have had 4 recalls, 2 check engine lights, the VCP goes on and off by itself. Good luck.
  • benannabenanna Member Posts: 3
    I just had the same problem and cost me $800 to replace the gasket and water pump etc. My is 97 with only 70K. I noticed the temperature went up to 3/4 when in slow traffic and went back to 1/4 in normal traffic flow.
  • rylesryles Member Posts: 19
    We are expecting our second and third children in February. We are about to buy a Montana mainly because the Chevy and Pontiac are the only two vans that have available 3 person seating in the second row. I think that's a big deal with 3 small children as it will free up tons of space behind the second row. Then when they get bigger you can spread them out a bit.

Ryles
  • venture02ownerventure02owner Member Posts: 1
    Our Venture, barely 1 month old, occasionally stalls at red lights and stop signs; it also fees like its rpm is too low; dealer repair shop said they cannot duplicate the problem and they can't fix it. This is a safety issue. Anyone has experience with what the solution might be? Can' the dealer scope the engine? Doesn't the van computer store diagnostic codes for something like this? I need some ammunition to go back to the dealer with to get this resolved. Any comments?
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    My mother-in-law owns a 1997 Venture that she bought new in 1997. She loves the van and has had only minor problems over the years, mostly related to shoddy build quality...nothing mechanical.

She took it to the dealer last week to investigate a "funny noise" coming from the rear end. After the inspection, the service manager told her that her van needs a new axle.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening? Does anyone know if this is a common problem with the triplets?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • pmarchandpmarchand Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone put a remote starter in their Venture themselves (99). Can you suggest a brand and any do's and don'ts. Thanks.
    I did a ton of research on the gm vans before buying an '01 silo a few months ago...

I don't remember coming across other rear axle problems

Obviously, a 2nd opinion is always a good idea unless the 1st mechanic is known to be reputable, competent, and honest

OR, if he can put the van on a lift and actually clearly show you the problem...bent, cracked, whatever...

just my 2 cents...
  • fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    Thanks. That's good advice.

I do know a good, honest mechanic that doesn't work for the dealer I will consult.
  • njrussnjruss Member Posts: 7
    We have a 2000 Venture, 60k miles and have spent the last 2 months forwarding my paycheck to the dealer. The big problem to me is that the most costly things have been fuel tank related - not wear related. First we had to replace a fuel tank sensor ($495), then the gas cap (why?) and THEN the tank gasket ($400). Doesn't seem right, so I contacted GM. The customer service person was very friendly and agreed that the gas tank isn't wear related and would see what she could do. Ultimately, the "area rep" sais "60k miles?, sorry." The dealer also told me that the rear brake cylinder had to be replaced for another $400, but my local mechanic said it just needed a normal brake service for LOTS less. I am wondering if the dealer has caused each successive tank problem in servicing the previous one or if he knows what he is doing at all. Does GM give a hoot about it's quality as perceived in the market? GM, as promised, I am telling as many people as I can that you don't.
    sounds fishy to me. not real familiar with the workings of a fuel tank on these vans, but do you know if, when they did sensor work, did it involve moving or messing around with gasket area? If so, it sure would sound like whatever they did may have directly caused gasket problem (if there was an actual gasket problem in the 1st place)...in all my years of repairing, getting repaired, and talking to people about cars & repairs, I don't ever recall a $400 "tank gasket" repair or anything of the sort. So, a little fishy. I would go to another dealer/mechanic/service mgr with lots of experience with these vehicles and (w/o mentioning other dealer's name) run the whole story by him, and ask "is this for real, or have I been gouged for $400?"

All I can say is, if its just a shady dealer, don't blame the g.m product--they ain't perfect but they ain't bad, either
  • corporal28corporal28 Member Posts: 7
    I was able to add keyless entry to my wife's 2001 Honda Accord LX. I would like to do the same for my sister's 2003 Chevy Venture. Anyone out there know where to buy these "factory" add ons (other than the dealer) and if it's fairly easy? I do not want to buy aftermarket equipment where you have to chop things up.
    Thanks,
    corporal28
  • artgpoartgpo Member Posts: 483
    I own a 1999 Mercury Sable (in addition to an '03 Silhouette)and had a keyless remote added after the sale. I shared your concerns about wiring but Circuit City did a great job. The only problem has be the remotes. I have had to replace two of them in the past four years because they broke. We also had a '97 Tracer which had an aftermarket keyless remote added. No system problems with either.
  • boatnut1boatnut1 Member Posts: 3
    I also own a 2002 Venture, purchased new in April. Haven't had a problem with stalling until just this past weekend. My wife had taken it out of town for Christmas shopping; she was making a left turn when the van stalled. She stopped, put it in Park, and restarted it with no problems.

After hearing this and reading venture02owner's post, I did a internet seach to see if there were any Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) for this problem. One site that I was able to view and print out TSB's was at www.nhtsa.dot.gov/Cars/Problems. On this site I found out that there is a TSB for "Hard Start, No Start, Stall, and/or Fuel Gauge Inoperative or Fluctuates". The Bulletin # is 01-08-45-005, the date was October 2001. The nhtsa site allows you to view all TSB's for any make or model, definitely a site that I'll be back on. Post again if you're unable to view the Bulletin, and I'll quote the specifics of it.

Maybe if you show the service department the bulletin, they might "remember" how to fix the problem. I'm no mechanic but with these computer controlled engines and the diagnostic capabilities nowdays, I'd be suprised if they couldn't determine the cause.
  • texasventuretexasventure Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I got our 2000 Chevy Venture at Landmark Chevrolet, Houston,Tx. August 2000.
    I Studied all I could find on compatible mini-vans, and settled my search on the Venture. Instead of walking the pavement of numerous dealerships during this time of year in Houston, I logged on to GM Buy Power, and got a list of all the dealers in the direct East Texas area.
    With this list, I searched their inventories on line, and contacted approx. 8 dealers who had the type of model I was interested in. I asked them to make me an offer, and let each one know that they weren't the only one I was contacting...With'n two days I had all the replies in; ranging from $24,000. to $18,400....
    Guess you know which one we checked out! Setting up an appointment with the salesman, cause we do live out in the country, and did have an hour drive to get there (hate that city traffic), we looked the vehicle over, and it had all that we wanted; including Stereo w/cassette and cd...That has been almost 2 1/2 years, and many miles ago...And Absolutely NO Problems with the Van!!!
    No problems at all !!! It runs and drives as good as the day we drove it off the lot !!! Couldn't have been happier with my decision to get a Venture! I'm not saying all people have or will have a story to tell like this, but this one is True, ...not fiction... Choosing the 5.9% finace over the $2,000. rebate offered at the time(put $2,000 of own money down)... Final price of van to finance(including tt&l)...approx. $17,500. Monthly payments... $340.
    Hope your Venture adventure is as good as ours...Have a Good day, and God Bless America!!!!!
  • rstephenrrtxrstephenrrtx Member Posts: 1
    Help!!!! I have done a bad thing. I have lost the DVD remote control for my 2002 Venture WB. As I'm sure you know, many DVDs will not play the movie directly from the "play" button on the player and there are no in-dash controls for the "menu" functions of the remote (at least not that I can find). The dealer wants $150 for a replacement remote. I want the $$$ for Christmas.

Does anyone know the remote control codes I can use on a universal remote for the DVD player on my 2002 Venture WB? The dealer says the player is an "AC Delco" brand but I am pretty sure that is just a label. Any clue as to who the "real" manufacturer is?

Did I mention the 9 hour one-way road trip we are about to "Venture" on to see Grandma for Christmas? My 3 kids need the player (for my sanity).

Thanks
    Robert in Round Rock, Tx
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    The Van DVD system is produced by Delphi Corp (Spun off from GM in 1999ish). http://www.delphi.com is their site. You may also want to try a net search for electronic repair shops that do service for GM dealers for warranty repairs. They may have info. Another option could be someplace like http://gmpartsdirect.com that sell GM parts at reduced prices. Lastly, you could beg, borrow, (but not steal) one from your dealer or another dealer to use for the Christmas trip over the river and through the woods. I know from my brother's MontanaVision how important the system is, good luck and happy holidays.
  • fear_hopefear_hope Member Posts: 90
    Well the dreaded has happened. I first noticed the temp indicator going up to half-way on idle (which it NEVER did before). No apparent leaks, passed pressure test when antifreeze was flushed and filled. Now 8 months later the antifreeze is visibly leaking from the gasket area. $476 to change out - 7 hours labor. Someone please tell me what will go wrong with my van next? What other problems have I missed so far? Tab is now $1470 in the past 4 months. Oh I forgot to mention driver's side power window that stopped working, and CD/tape player that quits after hours of play on a long trip. Would like to dump it, but it's worth $2-$3K (wholesale) less that I owe on it. Any ideas, suggestions?
    I had a weepy area at the front-right cylinder head gasket, was able to get a 10mm crescent wrench on the bolt, which was loose, and tighten it about 1/6 of a turn, which seemed to be as much as it'd go. So far the weeping of Dexcool has stopped.

My Venture has 58k miles, no trouble except new rotors and pads last year
  • cigsmhcigsmh Member Posts: 16
    I did a lot of research and finally I am ready to buy a Venture for my wife.
    The only question that I still have is that my wife is inexperienced driver. How difficult for her will be to handle this minivan. She drove Corolla before, but last year she did not drive anything. She also not very tall and she is very concerned with visibility from the driver sit. I test-drove Montana and Caravan and next week I am going to test-drive Venture.
    By the way Montana felt much more solid than Caravan. The Caravan I drove had very noisy breaks and suspension. I also don’t believe that somebody could sit behind me, since there was no space at all at the second raw. I found some rust on the engine.
    Montana’s ride was very silent and engine was very powerful. It became a little beet noisy on the acceleration, but I like this type of noise of the powerful well-tuned engine.
    So my question is how easy to not tall person to drive Venture short wheelbase.
  • artgpoartgpo Member Posts: 483
    The Venture is really not that much longer than a Corolla. It is just a matter of adjustment. A person can learn to drive any vehicle with practice. The seating position of the Venture is higher than a passenger car and therefore it feels different. I drive an '03 Silhouette and feel confined when driving my wife's Sable.

We drove a few of the competing vans and found the Olds to be just as good in most categories and better in others. GM's liberal rebate is quite an attraction right now.
  • tomekktomekk Member Posts: 310
    You shouldn't be concerned, Venture is very easy vehicle to drive.
    My wife refuses to drive anything but her beloved house pet, the Venture (our other vehicle is Mazda Millenia S). She loves the visibility (high seating), large mirrors (no blind spots), and easy to operate, light controls. She said the van is "user-friendly". I also think she likes the fact you don't have to pack, just throw everything in.
    My wife dittos your wife.
  • indiana6indiana6 Member Posts: 3
    My 2000 Venture has 41700 mi., no extended warranty. I took it to the dealer yesterday for oil and lube, service rep told me the intake manifold gasket is leaking coolant and will damage crankcase bearings if not replaced. He said this is not the head gasket (I don't understand the difference). He quoted $660 to do the job, and I was floored.

Today I talked to another reputable repair garage and the mechanic said he has replaced many of these gaskets on the 3.4 van engines and usually charges $1200 to $1300. He said he has talked to the dealer about it and that they are also replacing them all the time. He thinks the dealer is getting a partial reimbursement from GM to do it for $660.

I did a search on the subject in this discussion, (numbers 1262, 1307, 1309, 1340, 1345, 1347 and 1362) and find that some have it replaced under warranty, some have it replaced after warranty by
    Chevrolet's "Goodwill Program" (whatever that is) and some pay for it, although less than I was quoted.

What is the difference between this and the 95 Windstar head gasket problem?

My advice to anyone nearing the end of your warranty: Get an independent mechanic to look for the slightest hint of a manifold gasket leak so you can have it replaced under warranty. Your dealer sure won't look for it.
  • catamcatam Member Posts: 331
    The intake manifold gasket lies between the intake manifold and the cylinder heads.
    The head gasket lies between the cylinder heads and the engine block.
    As far as work goes for repair, you can replace the intake gasket without removing the heads.
    If you need to replace the head gasket you are still going to have to remove the intake manifold and replace the gasket as well as removing the cylinder heads.
    The head gasket job might as well be considered as overhauling the upper half of the motor. If you are going to do all of that work you should also have the heads solvent cleaned to remove all carbon deposits from the valves. Regardless it adds several hours of labor to the intake manifold job to do the heads.
  • indiana6indiana6 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Catam for the information. Today my 2000 Venture's intake manifold gasket was replaced by the dealer's shop. They charged $500 for labor and $136 for parts and $33 misc. (?) totaling $669 plus tax. I called GM to ask for a "goodwill" reimbursement, but they didn't get back to me by end of day. When I picked up the van the service rep said they had called GM, who agreed to pay half of the bill, so I was satisfied to pay "only" $340.

So far GM has covered a transmission problem that started at roughly 20k. The symptoms were: Sometimes, when the car was started for the 3rd or 4th time in a day, a high whine came from the transmission and the shifts (up and down) produced a heavy thump, both felt as a jolt, and heard. When the car was shut off for a minute and restarted, it usually went back to normal. For a long time the dealer's technicians could not reproduce the symptom, till we finally went straight to the dealer while it was occurring. They found a code for the pressure control solenoid and replaced it at about 30K. There were no symptoms until about 38K when, after a 2000 mile trip, they recurred. The dealer found the PCS body was clogged with sediment, and the PCS screen was full of metal chips. They cleaned it up and replaced the solenoid again. I suppose this could happen again, but so far, no problem at almost 42K.

I am happy with the Venture, but would recommend an extended warranty to anyone who asked. I like the handling, the ride, the 3.4's power and torque are adequate, the individually removable seats are fantastic. The problems are minor, like the inadequate, breakable 2000 cup holder, the rear windows rattle when they're open, and the wipers are difficult if they get iced up in the well.
  • greg32greg32 Member Posts: 48
    Our 97 Venture LS extended power side door stopped working a few days ago. I checked the fuses but they looked ok. Does anybody know of anything else I can check before taking it in?

Thanks.
  • arr2arr2 Member Posts: 6
    I purchased a 99 venture in September, 35500 mi. Dealer gave a 3 month 4,000 mi. used car warenty. At 2 months three weeks and 6,000 miles the engine started to over heat. I added fluid and checked for leaks, found none. A week later the same thing, took to my repair guy who did a coolant system/pressure check, found nothing, $75. Three days later coolant all over garage floor, back to repair guy. He looks all over and with a mirror see leakage from behind engine. He says he thinks it's the head gasket. Off to dealer to confirm. Service shop guy says, before looking, it's probably the intake gasket, that's common. I say that at 42000 miles no gasket should be gone. They check, it's the head gasket. They want aprox $800 to fix. I complain and they give me G M,s 800 number. I complain, G M says it's a maintance problem and I inherrate past owner's problems, I say thats bull and they say thats their policy. Back to dealer, see salesman and he talks to repair shop and they will give me a break because I just bought vehicle, $500 plus tax. In shop for 9 days. Before work is done I ask, what about the other gasket, should it be changed too and how much, another $75. Talking to mechanic who actually did work says that G M is putting cheeper gaskets than they used too and they are failing, also intake gasket was about ready to go, opposite bank of cyl. Having both sets done saved me another $600-$800. It should not have cost a cent if G M would put in decent gaskets. $614 final bill. Other wise, so far, van is nice, good gas mileage and power,handles well, but bad engine gaskets that G M won't take responsibility for, 30 to 50 k miles and the gaskets have to be replaced is pure bull. I would think twice before getting a G M 3.4 liter engine. Maybe Ford has fixed the windstar tranny problems now, that's what I'll look at next anyways.
  • rmorin2rmorin2 Member Posts: 110
    Can anyone help me figure out how to adjust my windshield wipers. They won't return to the down position when turned off and the blades sometimes touch when wiping. Thanks.
  • infinia1infinia1 Member Posts: 174
    i've found a 02 venture ls, gm certified used, 14,500 miles, $17,500. it has 7 passenger seating, 1 built in child seat, power passenger door, power driver seat, keyless entry, but dammit, no traction control. that price is quite a bit below edmund's tmv for certified so i'm sure i'm getting it. looking through 02 and 03 brochures, i noticed for 03, aluminum wheels and the overhead driver info center are no longer standard on ls as they were for 02. also, the 02 brochure shows the old, fat, ugly steering wheel while the 03 shows the new design. what's weird is that the 02 i'm looking at has the sterring wheel shown in the 03 brochure. oh well. the carfax report shows it used to be leased as a rental. it is in excellent shape tho, and gm certified extends the warranty to 39,000 miles. is there anything i should look out for?
  • bcd99bcd99 Member Posts: 45
    Ask for a pressure test of the cooling system to check for the infamous gasket leak.
  • infinia1infinia1 Member Posts: 174
    i asked the dealer about the cooling system pressure test and they said it was included in the gm 100 point inspection. i'll know for sure tomorrow when i actually look at the inspection report. otherwise, i hope to buy this saturday. my credit union says to jump on it because they say it's a great price! i just wish it had traction control but for the price, i can overlook that. i'm glad i convinced my wife to get the chevrolet and not the pontiac because the pontiac dealer here sucks while the chevrolet dealer goes above and beyond expectations!