Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Venture

Comments

• bmorton2bmorton2 Member Posts: 2
    In 1998 Venture, I have a clicking noise up front. Stops when brakes are applied or with right turn. Have checked brakes, no problems found.
  • bmorton2bmorton2 Member Posts: 2
    Referring to message #602, has anyone else had this clicking noise?
  • yuhas1yuhas1 Member Posts: 1
    has anyone had a problem with the automatic van door? I inadvertently grabbed the inside handle of the door while it was opening and it didn't stop. broke 3 bones, needed surgery. ended up with 6 screws and a rod in my hand.
  • cspetercspeter Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I bought a 2000 WB Edition Chevy Venture about 3 months ago. Overall, we are very happy with the van (about 3000 miles so far). It's does a great job of transporting our 3 kids around town and so far we've had no mechanical problems with the vehicle. Since I'm convinced that GM employees and designers often "lurk" in these pages, I'm going to use this opportunity to note a few items that we don't like about the vehicle. Prospective buyers shouldn't take these items the wrong way. I'm simply airing a few gripes. I'd buy the vehicle again tomorrow. However, there's nothing like a little customer feedback to improve a product.

Here are my "Dis-Likes"
    1. The "leather" seats in the WB Edition van are not predominately leather. There is a tremendous amount of cloth on the seat which completely negates all the advantages of buying a "leather" seat.

2. The WB Edition comes with 5 captain's seats. The 3 in the middle row string together to form a "bench" seat. The 2 seats in the rear row can be positioned in either the second row or in the rear row. However, the two outboard seats in the middle row will not go in the rear row (It states this on a sticker right under the seat). WHY!!!??? The reason this is so frustrating is that the outboard seats in the middle row also both contain the integrated child seats. The GM design prevents me from using the integrated child seats in the rear row. It's completely perplexing why it was designed this way.

3. The cupholders for the front passengers (driver and 1st passenger) are a joke. This is a minivan, not a sports car. We need more/better cupholders. In fact, with a full van (all seats occupied) there are a total of 3 cupholders (for 7 people) in the entire van!! This is just downright silly. My SUV that holds 7people, has 9 cupholders.

4. I hate daytime running lamps. If I want my lights on, I'll turn them on myself.

5. Please give me a drivers seat with 2 real armrests (like the Astro van). The door is not a comfortable rest for my left arm.

6. When you fill up with gas and reset the overhead trip computer, you have to reset each and every parameter. What a pain. Make every parameter reset with one switch (like the early models did).

7. I need a driver's side power sliding door. (Addressed on 2001 model).

8. Both rear seat (3rd row) audio controls are only accessible to passenger seated on R side of van. Designer obviously didn't have teenage kids.

9. Handle on rear hatch is flimsy. It's been replaced twice (under warranty). Now I just don't use it since I know it will just tear again.

10. I don't like driving vehicles without full size spare tires, especially with the entire family onboard. A full size spare needs to be an option.

11. Where's the tachometer?

12. I sure would prefer cruise control buttons on the steering wheel (instead of the over-populated blinker stem). While I'm on the subject, a cruise "cancel" switch would be nice.

Here are a few of my Likes:
    1. The entertainment system is great.
    2. Fuel economy vs my SUV is great.
    3. Dual climate controls is great. 3 zone (ala Chrysler) is overkill.
    4. Thank you for putting a compressor switch on the climate controls.
    5. I sure like the rear compressor / inflator system. Why isn't there a compartment to store my inflator hose?
    6. Engine power/torque is acceptable. Good acceleration for merging etc...
    7. Suspension seems fine. Nice ride
  • offhamoffham Member Posts: 344
    The front cup holders have been taken from the side of the passenger seat and put on front console knocking out the ash tray/lighter. For the smokers, you must my a kit from the dealer of an ash tray that fits in the cupholder. Believe you also get a lighter to use in the spare outlet.

I would add to the list (believe does not apply to WB) the loosey goosey CD drawer which slides out, but must be engaged in a slot on the lid. The segments for holding the CD are quite tight and if the CD case is not shut tight it will not fit.
  • j_chinohillsj_chinohills Member Posts: 1
    We bought the van about 1 year ago and this serious problem starts about 1-2 months. The van will die at lower speed, for example, in a parking lot. It happened about 2-3 times and it really concern me and my wife who drives it. A dealer checked it out but they didn't find anything.

The other funny thing is erratic movement of the temp. gauage up to 3/4 of the dial but the dealer confirms this is normal behavier as the fan will kick in at higher temp to save gas.
  • mbwhitleymbwhitley Member Posts: 32
    My '97 Venture has a vibration problem when the wind speed over the van gets to 80-85 mph. That can be 65 driving into a 15 to 20 mph head wind, any combination that reaches that speed.

It sounds like it comes from the luggage rack, but there is nothing loose that we can tighten. I suppose it could be a resonance frequency in the roof itself (how would you fix THAT). We asked the dealer about it after we had it a year, but they knew nothing about any complaints to GM. It is LOUD, and about the same timbre as a jackhammer.

I don't know if anyone else has posted about this. I read back about a hundred posts, but can't read all 600. Any help would be appreciated.
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    Have you tried removing the crossbars from the roof rack? Not only will that reduce aerodynamic drag and safe you some fuel, but it may eliminate your wind buffering problem. If you need the crossbars, try moving them to different positions.

Good luck!
    Drew
    Edmunds.com Townhall co-host
    Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories conferences
  • big__daddybig__daddy Member Posts: 30
    We have the long wheelbase Venture without the roof rack and have not experienced any vibrations/noise at high speed. I have a bug deflector that DOES become rather noisy when driving in a strong headwind.
  • xcusme2xcusme2 Member Posts: 3
    I have the 1998 Venture van that 'had' daytime running lights and I found them to be a real pain. I found it strange that the headlight switch shows "Off,Park Lights, and Full On , but I had no control, they are controlled from the dash mounted photo resistor. I'm not the kind of person that needs everything done for me, and I don't drive around without headlights when they are needed. I solved the 'automatic headlights" problem the day I got my van, it's a simple wiring fix, within easy reach, that anyone could do in about 5 minutes. The wiring change will not void any warrantee, is quickly reversible if desired and the light switch works the way I think it should. Chevy should stop treating consumers like idiots and calling their designs "improvements" more like what they really are...inconveniences.

Xcusme
  • gzoomergzoomer Member Posts: 1
    My 98 venture is slow to heat up and provide passenger heating. Anyone else experiencing similar?
  • leslieldfleslieldf Member Posts: 32
    Any owners experience electrical problem? My sister's Venture (4 yrs old) system is on the blink - ran through 2 batteries, traction control not working, then even the lights wouldn't come on, car wouldn't start - and has been in the shop for diagnostics with nothing known yet. Anyone else have this experience? Know what to look for? Appreciate any info!
  • xcusme2xcusme2 Member Posts: 3
    Gzoomer,

There is a TSB regarding the lack of heat in 98 Ventures, I know I have the same problem. The dealer replaced the thermostat and made a modification to the heater hose at the inlet of the heater core. Seems GM had a bright idea, put a flow restrictor in the inlet hose to the front heater core to build static pressure in the line so that more hot coolant went to the rear heater core (rear Ax heater). It must have looked good on the computer but leaves much to be desired in real life. By the way, I think they should have addressed the issue of insulation on the hot water lines to the rear heater core, the lines go all the way to the back and then all the way back to the engine, exposed to below freezing temps with wind chill effects, without any insulation at all, now tell me that doesn't have anything to do with heat loss.
  • ednovotnyednovotny Member Posts: 2
    My '97 Venture has been blowing/shorting electrical things for the last 3 months. I now have a bad break control module for my TCS, a bad fuel gauge sending unit, and a short in my radio causing it to lose memory and enable the lockout feature. My dealer/mechanic doesn't know why. Also, my car is completely dead - no dome lights or anything sometimes, and then other times it's fine. The dealer/mechanic can't repeat that problem and diagnostics show that there is no drain on the battery when the car is turned off. I told him to keep looking for WHY the shorts are occurring - anyone else with any ideas of why, after 4 years, my van is shorting out?
  • ednovotnyednovotny Member Posts: 2
    I also have a clicking noise. Dealer found that a cable was loose under the car and reattached it. It was quiet for a while and then, after going over RR tracks started clicking again. I found that it comes and goes, I've tried using nylon cable ties to tie it down too, with moderate success.
  • foolarchfoolarch Member Posts: 1
    We're looking to buy our first minivan and have really liked the '98 Chevy Venture. OK '98 owners, what do you think? Please give us your input. Consumer Reports doesn't rate it well, but Edmunds does. These messages here are mixed. What gives?
    You may want to have a look at Edmunds' 1998 minvan comparo, which includes the Pontiac Montana, the Venture's sister van (the Oldsmobile Silhouette is also the Venture's sister van).

If you're interested in crash test reports, check out the IIHS's 40mph crash tests (click on a vehicle name for a detailed report and pictures) and http://www.crashtest.com

Good luck!

Drew
    Host of Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • bigd01bigd01 Member Posts: 3
    Looking to replace my Dodge Caravan with a 2000 Venture, LS model. Have heard the Venture is not dependable but I've drove the vehicle and like the way it handles.

Any in-sight on this vehicle would be appreciated...will these vans go the distance or are they "throw aways"?

Thanks for your advise.

Big D01
  • greg32greg32 Member Posts: 48
    We have a 1997 Venture extended with most of the upgrades, 41k miles. Our biggest problem to date has been the battery. It went out at 37k miles fortunately it was at home but we had it towed and had the dealer put in a new battery at our expense since the battery is only garenteed for one year. This cleared up our intermittant power sliding door problem. It wouldn't close every once in a while. Not a real problem. The only other issue we have with the car is the windows squeak when going over bump roads. This can be fixed with silicon gel applied to the window seals, but I need to do it more often than I do. I would probably buy the car again. The main reason we bought it was because of the way it handled. Definitely superior to any mini van out at the time.

Good luck!
    Chevy 2000 and since the cold weather on East Coast the Low Coolant Warning Message has come on at the start up, but goes out after a mile or so.

Both radiator and plastic tank are full to the correct levels.

Has anyone else had this problem.
  • re025901re025901 Member Posts: 7
    I have a new 2000 LS extended that I won and am trying desperately to sell it. I've posted it on the Edmunds marketplace and no bites in 3 months!!so since this is an exclusive venture discussion, i thought i'd give it a try. it has virtually no miles on it and is brand new like i said. The MSRP is 28515, the factory invoice is 26101 less the 3000 rebate. so real invoice is 23100. it is fully loaded. If you're in California or close, email me at bofuspo@yahoo.com or call 562-694-0121. thanks Roger
  • sdomalewsksdomalewsk Member Posts: 1
    We purchased a 1998 Chevy Venture. We like the style, engine, and transmission. The problems we have the dealer never fixes, they are all mechanical problems. I have the sound under the drivers dash that sounds like a chattering relay. I have the pounding problem at highway speeds that sounds like it's in the roof and its loud. I have the rattle in the passenger sliding door. Also had the door's electronic module replaced 3 times. I like the van but the mechanical problems are a pain and the dealer can't / doesn't know how to fix them. Any suggestions to help solve any of these problems would be greatly appreciated. I notice many other people have these same problems / complaints. Another question are these mechanical problems fixed in the later models of the Venture?
    Would suggest that you contact Chevrolet on their website and tell them the problems and that dealer appears unable to resolve. Hopefully they may direct you to another dealer or have a GM person speak to the dealership.
  • owner4owner4 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new Chevy Venture LT extended. We were between the Chevy and Honda Odyssey. Went with the Chevy because of the dealer rebate and I had $1,500 rebate on the GM card. The other factors were the Venture seats seemed more comfortable and the radio in the Odyssey stunk. The Odyssey EX would have been about $3,000 more than the Venture LT with all of the rebates considered. We owned two Honda Accords before this with good luck and it was hard to cross over.

If nothing else goes wrong I will be satisfied with the purchase but it seems like I keep saying that and every month it's something else. Here are the stats so far. Use them as you see fit.

4/20/00 - Picked up new van
    8/8/00 - 2,177 miles - Keyless remote quit working. Took it back and they replaced the receiver in the van and still didn't work. I had to take it back two more times because they claimed they were going to trace the wiring to look for a fault. It turns out that the new receiver they put in didn't work so they finally got another receiver and that one worked. That took three trips to the dealer.
    9/27/00 - 3,795 miles - Front plastic on dash warped they replaced it.
    - The face of the radio started peeling. They changed the radio but the dealer wasn't bright enough to realize that my radio had a CD player in it and put in a radio without CD in it. They said they would order the right radio.

10/9/00 - 4,400 miles - They put in a different radio with a CD player in it.
    12/1/00 - 4,501 miles - The radio wasn't working right. The sound would fade in and out. The dealer wouldn't order another radio before I brought in the van. I called the GM Customer Assistance Center and complained. They told the dealer to order the radio prior to me coming in and it was replaced.
    12/29/00 - 5,591 miles - On a trip across the state the Anit lock Brake (ABS) light kept coming on. A line under the van came loose and was rubbing against something. They repaired the wiring and rerouted the harness.
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Sorry to hear of all your bad experiences. As a 35 year GM employee I too got tired of the crappy dealers GM has. They think this is still the 50's or 60's. We'll fix it right one of these times but until then tough luck. The product is as good as anybodys but anything can go wrong with any vehicle as these forums tell. I took a big chance and tired a Odyssey because it's bigger and the quality is supposed to be better. Well I have had it about 4 months and not one problem. I could never say that about any of the many GM products I bought. Sometimes the company discount just isn't worth the pain in the you know what of taking them back again and again for the same thing because they don't fix it right.
  • sirdrivealotsirdrivealot Member Posts: 5
    We bought our Chevy Venture LS Van in August of 1999 and now have ~26K miles on it. THE GOOD: We love the 8 passenger seating, the ride is good, the stereo and climate systems are very good.
    THE BAD: My wife discovered at 24K miles that she was unable to turn to the left without a serious effort. Luckily this occured close to home. We took it to the dealer who discovered that we needed a new "steering rack" and the work was done under warranty. THE UGLY: Only 2K miles after the steering rack problem my wife reported a high pitched whine at speed on the highway. I drove the Van this weekend and thought that it might be the transmission. While diving at about 65 MPH I downshifted the autotrans from "D"rive to 3rd gear. Th whine stopped immediately. Surprisingly, I was not able to detect the engine revving any higher once I wnet to third. I suspect that the Van is never getting to 4th Gear and the whine we hear is the result of the engine transmission trying to shift into 4th but never making it. I'll be taking it back to the dealer again later this week. I drive a 2000 Acura TL and I am thinking about trading the Venture for an Acura MDX. I know I will get killed on the trade, but I am concerned that the Chevy is going to continue to cause me problems (just as my Chevy Lumina sedan did before I bought the TL). Any thoughts, common experiences or advice appreciated.
  • gadangadan Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just bought a Chevy Venture 1998 and I realized the power door lock won't lock the doors unless I do it with the keys. The only ways it locks the doors is if I turn on the car and start driving, but if I turn the engine off, remove the keys, and hit the lock switch, does not work. The unlock switch works fine. I was told that I have to change the power lock relay, is that true? If is true, where is it located? I checked all the fuses and they look fine, besides the system seems to be working fine since the unlock has no problems. Any advice will be appreciated.
  • kkollwitzkkollwitz Member Posts: 274
    and the experiences described in recent posts are completely unlike mine. We picked up our new Venture a year ago today, and we have had 18,000 miles of flawless driving pleasure. Everything is still tight, quiet, and in working order. How odd it is to read about all these problems others are having.
    Dealer fixed this problem, but did not get to talk him as to the cause. Assume had to replace a part/sensor as the coolant expansion tank need a top of 50/50 DexCool/water. Brakes tightened up as well.

Closing in on 20K and apart from this item we are delighted with this van.
    Apart from coolant warning problem, the dealer also replaced the plastic trim along the front of the windshield, which he felt had somehow warped.
  • eatriceeatrice Member Posts: 2
    Hi. My wife and I want to replace our 96 Transport because we want the driver's side sliding door. We found a 97 Venture that we can afford, but it has 95,000 miles, mostly highway miles. Any comments on the reliability of these vans after 100K? Owner says it has an extended warranty to 125,000, but I haven't seen the paperwork yet. My other concern with this van is the lack of rear a/c. We live in an area with hot summers, so we need good cooling. Any thoughts on that?

By the way, our Transport has 86,000 and is doing great.

Thanks, Greg
    '97 Ventures with the driver's side sliding door are hard to find in fact I'm not so sure they were available that year/model. And why would you trade-in a van that's doing great and has less mileage than the one you're looking at just to have the driver's side sliding door? Oh and we've had 7 passengers ride in our Venture on a hot day with no complaints and we don't have the rear A/C so I wouldn't worry about it. If you absolutely MUST have the driver's side sliding door then shop around a little more you can probably find a 97 or 98 with less mileage. If not then my advice would be to keep the Transport.
  • eatriceeatrice Member Posts: 2
    Well, here's our thinking. We love our Transport, but with two small children in car seats, the lack of the 2nd slider is a major pain. Getting in and out of the car is really hard sometimes, especially when one decides she doesn't want to go. Also, the 96 pontiac has only one airbag, and lots of blind spots because of the huge posts between windows. The 97 Venture has the 2nd slider, two airbags, MUCH better visibility, daytime lamps, AND 2 integral child safety seats! It seems like a much safer van to us than the Transport. I'm not too concerned with the mileage difference, because this particular Venture has an extended warranty and our Transport doesn't. Also, the seller is selling it for $2000 below bluebook, because it is a company car, and this is more than they would get on a trade-in. So, we could get a newer, safer van for just slightly more than we can sell our Pontiac for. We're building a house now too, so cash is tight and we can't really afford to trade in on a car with 30,000 miles.

Make more sense?

Greg
    Have you taken a look at the IIHS crash test ratings for the minivans? Seems like safety is one of your higher priorities, so you may want to have a look at this: http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/html/summary_passvans.htm

Good luck!

Drew
    Host
    Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • agt_cooperagt_cooper Member Posts: 202
    of the GM minivans! Even though you now get a safety discount from State Farm on the Pontiac Montana based on real-world crash data....

And let's not forget that the Insurance Loss Data Institute's figures show the GM vans as having some of the lowest accident claim costs of any vehicles on the road today....

Why not point people to all the information, not just that which you feel is important? Isn't that the job of host on Edmunds? It would seem that your bias is getting in the way of your job performance....
  • badcar2badcar2 Member Posts: 1
    had problems with the automatic door not closing and just recently my car while doing about 40 miles an hour just dies out w/no reason. The car has been warmed up,I lose all the power in the steering and the brakes, the second time i was on a hill going in reverse, the dealer cannot guarenntee this can be fix, anyone out there with similar problems. my car is only 14 months old> badcar2
    I am not a mechanic, but the door situation can be re set and instructions are in the Owners Manual. In regard to brakes/steering both these which are power assisted would feel heavier when the engine cut out.

I would seriously consider another dealer and if not happy call Chevrolet direct.

Good luck and keep us posted.
  • anabell3anabell3 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 LS Venture which is just 7 months old. Have had problems with it about 1-2 months after we got it. I was picking up my 5 year old from school in 110 degree weather with a 3 year and a 1 month old in the van and could not get it started until the 3rd try. We took it in and the dealer flushed out the fuel injector. Still have problem starting, and is getting worst every day. It stalled 3 times today after I started it and put it in gear. Also, it seems to be choking when I drive it in the parking lots. Going to take it in tomorrow to see what can be done.... love this van, but I hate the problems! Anyone got the same probs? And what's the fix for it?
  • lhaltermanlhalterman Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a used 2000 Chevy Venture with under 20k miles. I really like the van (sure beats the '90 Mazda MPV I used to drive!). As I don't have an owner's manual (the dealership has ordered one for me), I'm hoping someone can answer this question. When I start the van, lots of indicator lights come on briefly on the dash, then go out. However, in the information window, the battery picture appears, then the "Change Engine Oil" message will appear and stay on for a good 2-3 minutes. The dealership assures me that they just changed the oil. Anyone know what's going on? I'm not too worried, as the light doesn't stay on, but I'm curious as to why it stays on as long as it does. Does this need to be reset each time the oil is changed? Thanks in advance for any help anyone out there has for me.
    There is a section on the oil change in the manual. After the oil is changed, the system has to be reset by turning the ignition key to point where all lights are on (prior to starting) and depressing the accelerator pedal fully three times within five seconds. Then restart.

This should reset the warning message. However, the warning system is not based on mileage, but on engine revolutions and conclude that the oil may be too thick at the start and as it warms up thins out and the light goes off. Only an idea ?

If it still lights then suggest oil change 5-30W (have found Exxon Superflo is good)and filter. If still stays on after reset maybe the sensor.
    We've had the oil changed twice at the dealer during regularly scheduled maintenance. Both times after the oil change the "change oil" lite would come on for a few seconds after startup. Seems the mechanic forgot to reset something. Now the warning message doesen't appear. Maybe the mechanic did the reset procedure as described in the manual? The mechanics must forget to do the reset because it's probably new for 2000. In fact upon describing the problem the mechanic said "2000 Venture?"
    Re #641. I believe you are correct that the 2000 was the first to get the warning message system.
  • nickjrnsanickjrnsa Member Posts: 1
    DOES ANYONE KNOW IF CHEVY IS PRODUCING 8 PASS VENTURES W/THE WANNER BROS. PACKAGE. GM CUSTOMER SERVICE IS USELESS THEY GET THEIR INFO FROM THE BROSURES. I HAVE SPENT AT LEAST 2 HOURS ON THE PHONE AND NOBODY CAN TELL ME FOR SURE. THE DEALER HAS IT LISTED AS SEATING CODE ABF. I ORDERED ONE LAST WEEK BUT STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED A BUILD #. IF ANYBODY HAS SEEN ONE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW. I HAVE FOUND 47 VENTURES IN THE NJ AREA AND THEY ALL HAVE 7 BUCKET SEATS. I AM SO DISGUSTED WITH THE SITUATION I MAY JUST GO BUY A CARAVAN. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE # I HAVE IS 1800 222 1020. IF ANYBODY HAS A DIFFERENT # LET ME KNOW PLEASE SINCE THE UPPER MANAGEMENT AT THAT # CANT BE BOTHERED . THANK YOU NICKJRNSA@YAHOO.COM
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    Could you please not type your messages in capital letters. That is considered shouting and not polite. As far as a build date it has been my experiences that it takes more than 1 week. If it takes 7 weeks to build I would expect the build date in about the 4th week. You may also run into problems as GM is shutting down a lot of their asemblely plants for 2 week periods in Feb. and being their vans aren't hot sellers I bet they will be down too. So it could be 8 to 10 weeks before your van arrives.
    Did you bother to even check GM's website? It says the Venture WB Edition can be available with the 3rd row 3 passenger stowaway bench (wish that was available for 2000!). Along with the 3 modular 2nd row seats that would be a total of 8.
  • afdelucaafdeluca Member Posts: 5
    We have had our darner Brothers Venture van for about 6 months and my wife really likes it. BUT, we have started having trouble with a loud groaning under the hood, mostly at idle. When it is groaning, turning the steering wheel slightly can make it go away. AND, when it is groaning the lights (both interior and exterior) pulse. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?
  • anabell3anabell3 Member Posts: 2
    Took my van in on a Thursday and got it back on Tuesday! The problem seems to be solved! The culprit was a white wire from the starter that was chaffed.
  • p222p222 Member Posts: 5
    Purchased 2001 venture as extended van 1 month ago. When it rained,the 2 middle windows leaked as well as the two rear windows. Took it to dealer and dealer said they couldet find any leaks when they squirted water over the van. BUT WAS TOLD THEY HAVE A LEAK SPECIALIST man that goes from dealer to dealer to solve leak problems. So I guess that means that chewy has a lot of problems with leaks. Any one else have leak windows,please let me know how they fixed the problem. gray
  • cugolfncugolfn Member Posts: 28
    My wife and I took delivery of our 2001 Chevy Venture in November 2000. We were leasing a '98 that was do to expire in February '01 but we wanted the 7 passenger seating instead of the 8 passenger version. Unlike nikjrnsa - Post #644 - we did not want the folding bench. We like the versatility of being able to remove or fold down one seat while leaving the other rear seat in place. We ordered a 2001 but we were no longer able to get the 7 passenger version so our dealer did a search and found exactly what we were looking for. We took it.
    We love our new Venture WB edition. The pros outweigh any cons. The ride is great, the kids love it, the dog loves it! As for the leather/cloth seats...the reason they put the cloth in the center is so your bum does not get cold. I think they could have made the seats all leather and put heaters in them however this could be costly with 7 bucket seats, 5 that are removable!
    Many of our friends that were turned off by the safety reviews have been won over after driving or riding in our Venture. It is a great Van! If you are on the fence just stop someone in a parking lot and ask them how they like it. I did that when I before I bought my last car. You will be surprised how willing people are to talk honestly about there vehicle! Good Luck!
    The standard bulbs #9004 in the Venture can now be upgraded to a new street legal Sylvania Bulb CB9004 which are much brighter ( a white light) and give a wider spread on low beam and greater distance on high. They cost about $15.00 each and are packaged as Cool Blue.

They also make a bulb for about $10.00 with 20% more power than the old ones, but I have found the extra $5.00 worth it.