Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Town Car

1303132333436»

Comments

• r_j_kr_j_k Member Posts: 1
    I don't believe it is a matter of "requiring" 5w-30, but rather, what "allows" it. That would be the clearances within the engine.

However, optimum gas mileage is achieved using the grade recommended by the manufacturer. Required would fit there.
  • wicketwicket Member Posts: 18
    at low speed when yougive it a little gas it starts to shudder but goes away when you pick up the soeedit is a 1993 tc ty
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Considering its age - it could need everything from a transmission oil change to new plugs & wires to a new processor. You don't say how many miles on the car so it is difficult to advise. If the plugs and wires were changed recently, then change the oil in the converter and tranny. If you don't have a lot of miles on the last oil change, look for a new processor/computer. Look the above up in your Log book as to when each was changed.
    ty for your answer. I will try the tranny oil change because i have changed the plugs and wires. it has 115000miles on it
  • my97staffcarmy97staffcar Member Posts: 3
    I have a 97 and my airbags started leaking at about 225,000 miles...bought a pair of them on E-Bay from StrutMasters for $75 a piece and had them installed for $150...I thought about converting to springs but stock is stock...they have complete kits for less than $400
    edited December 2011
    I have replacded my rear airbags with coils and i see no difference. I got mine thru strutmaster for 167.00 for both coils and shockes. easy to install. it gives you how to install and take care of the wire for the light that you have on now. my car is 1993 town car sig.the wire you need to cut is on the right side of the trunk. you need to cut the dark greem wire with a light green stripe and tape the ends. this is for1990 thru 1994.for your 1997your module is behind the glove box. that is where you will find the wire to cut.
  • ortautoortauto Member Posts: 13
    I've run mine at 40 p.s.i. for 60,000 miles. Tires are evenly worn and will last to 100,000 as my other ford Michelins. Ride slightly harder, gas mileage slightly better. You can try them at 30 lbs and you'll have a really soft ride, if you don't mind using more gas and wearing out your tires at 40,000 miles.
  • econut1econut1 Member Posts: 1
    Do you know what module to replace? We have the same issue with our 94TC. When it's hot - like today - 100 out. Started right up, went to petrol station 2 miles away, filled up - wouldn't start. Waited 15 minutes and then it starts. It doesn't seem to like short journeys in the heat. Mechanics have checked it and can't find anything. Any help much appreciated!
  • euphoniumeuphonium Member Posts: 3,425
    Our 94 TC tows our SeaRay up to the lake in temperatures bwtn 90 & 100. I launched the boat and when I went to start the engine of the TC it wouldn't start. I got a baggy of ice from the cooler and rested it on the Black circuit breaker box under the hood on the driver's side. Within a minute, the car started. I don't think that Black box is compatible with heat.
  • bremertongbremertong Member Posts: 436
    I recently purchased a 2004 Town Car with the same Jittery ride problem. I realize there may be multiple reasons for the problem but wondered what the most likely one would be. I traded for this car having previously owned an 05 and the car had very smooth ride and suspension. I am going to the dealer service Dept in the next few days and wondered what if anything I can tell them to help resolve the problem? Any suggestions appreciated. I will of course ask them to check for TSBs on the issue and also try to get a history of service records on this car some of which were furnished at the time of purchase.
  • frederick10frederick10 Member Posts: 1
    What is the electrical devise that screws into the main body and has a 2-wire electrical connector ? I'm not referring to the fluid level switch on the reservoir. I checked this devise with an ohmmeter and it had continuity with the brakes applied or not so I don't think it can be a pressure switch although it looks just like one.
  • my97staffcarmy97staffcar Member Posts: 3
    bought a pair of side markers w/o emblems...unfortunately the picture did not show the spot where emblems go...my 97 has engraved emblems...does anybody know where I can find the separate emblems that will fit in that space...