Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Town Car

Comments

• ford624ford624 Member Posts: 75
    This time around I have decided to rent vehicles of intrest before I purchase one so that I can first hand try to see what I am getting. That, in addition to visiting this Edmunds chat service... Now, the first one to rent was the XLT Expedition 4X4. My wife and I rented on to drive to Laughlin Nevada from San Jose California to a Harley Davidson event. I have a bad back, not only did my back hurt, my wife's did also. The convience was great. I know it was not a Navigator with auto leveling suspension and power lumbar support, but that opened my search program....(have you set in a Yukon XL seat?)..it was great, but I am only going to buy other than Ford product as a last resort...Next we rented a Lincoln Town Car Snigiture Series non sport...We went from San Jose to Santa Barbara and stopped at every coastal town along the way. Highway 1, that has a few curves. Both my wife and I took turns driving. The Lincoln handled better than I had expected. It had the power lumbar. My back did not hurt at all. My wife agreed fully....I asked my wife, "When can we go down and buy one?..She said "NO" it looks like a old persons car...I disagreed...I still have not driven a Lincoln Town Car with the "Sport" option....So, anyway, we just got back from Lake Tahoe,..we rented a Cadillac Deville std. Lots of power, a lot of nice features. This model did not have the power lumbar option, and my back knew it. It had lots of power, 275 hp. It did not look too bad either. I noticed that on some of the hard turns around the Lake it bottomed out in the front suspension....The funny thing is that my wife noticed that too. I guess that the main attraction to the Caddy was the power, and the IMAGE it has. that is at least the important thing my wife considered. I still believe that a Lincoln with a sportier sport option would be better. People would buy it and Lincoln would make more money. Should I stand by my friends and buy a Ford product no matter what? OR Should I buy a Caddy and make my wife happy? OR Should I hope Lincoln Motot Division tweaks the Image of the Town Car?......Now just what do you think a MK-VIII engine plus 18" wheels would do?
  • kinleykinley Member Posts: 854
    With age comes wisdom. A sales rep wanted the T/C for his job, but his 49 year old wife did not want to be associated with "old persons" so he bot the Chrysler M. She drives a Lexus coupe, dies her hair, but wears large hats to church. I too had "back pain", bought a Lincoln T/C, but what relieved my pain was dropping a lot of weight which took pressure off my lower back.
    My truck needs replacing, I am going to buy a Ford Super Crew (.) So what if my wife dies her hair and wears big hats to church. I do not want to drive to church with her in a Lexus, which definitely does look dull. I do not want to pay for a S Class Mercedes. I want a Lincoln, she does not want a Town Car. I do not feel comfortable in a LS or a S-Jag. I go to Golds Gym three to four times a week for my back and weight. I showed my wife the activity on the Edmunds Consumer Comments for the LS. She was surprised with ALL of the activity. My wifes first choice of a vehicle was the Lincoln Navigator. It was mine too until I had a uncomfortable experience with the XLT Expedition. I know that the Expedition and Navigator are packaged completely different. So in order to be fair I am going to rent a Navigator from Budget Rental in a couple of months. My weight is too much, but the main reason my back hurts is because of a job related workmans comp injury. Harley Davidson people don't like it, but I want to tow my Road King Classic close to an event in a comfortable vehicle and then drive into town like I rode hundreds upon hundreds of miles across the country. I wanted a Town Car, but I might have to settle for a LSv8 sport and a Super Crew. (or) a Navigator and a basic F-150. I had hoped not to end up with two truck type vehicles. I still believe that the LS and Navigator people need to hang out more with the Town Car people. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A OLD PERSONS car to me. I just want a MK-8 engine. I can put different wheels on it and more rumble in the exhaust.
    Can you tell me any Good reason why the Lincoln does not include the MK-8 or the Navigator engine in their Signature Series Sport Touring PKG. plus the better seats like another person mentioned?
    One more thing, maybe the Limosine people might like a bigger more powerful engine.
    And maybe some 90 year old grandma might get a kick out of lighting up the tires. I am just a kid and just might want to do it too.
    AND why does the flat black paint come off the chrome around the window?
    I have been advised that most of the country is flat and most of the Lincolns are sold to flatlanders. The present 4.6 gets by on the flats. Not too many Lincolns deal with the Rockies and Cascades roads so there you have it.
  • dbd34dbd34 Member Posts: 18
    Guys:
    I just got back from a trip to Reno from my Silicon Valley home. If you're not familiar, those are 9,000 foot mountains to climb. This is the second trip there in my new TC, and I rented several and made the same trip before buying.
    I had back surgery a few years ago, and also ride motorcycles all over, and I am quite fit. No seat in the industry is better than the TC with the lumbar support. The best part is that on a long trip, you have room to move around a bit too. Recaro-type seats that have high sides prevent this.
    The car handles great, and the motor has plenty of HP to pass anything going over the Sierra's. The 4.6L motor is GREAT in the Sierra's as well as the flats. I can't see why anyone would poo-poo the motor. Anyone who says the motor is inadequate in any way, is not speaking from experience. Period.

As for it's being an old geezer's car. Well, I don't think so. I have a 12 year old, and a thirteen year old kid. Each of them prefer to be driven around in the TC because all their friends (and their parents) think it's REALLY cool.

Believe me, with the TS option, there's not much you need to do to make this a real nice ride.

````````````
    I am going to show this one to my wife.
    I do not believe that the 4.6L motor was poo-pooed. I just think that the M-8 motor would better compliment a Luxury "Sport Touring" Sedan like the Lincoln Town Car.
    I know everybody has their own buying motives, such as the S-55 people. So why can't Lincoln people like more power than they are going to use all the time? or ever?
    I do need to take a Lincoln Town Car with the Signature Touring Package for an extended test drive.
    when I purchased my first Towncar. It was the first year of the AOD and the last year of the 351 c.i. engine option. Starting in 1981 you did not have the 351 choice and were stuck with the same V8 used in the Crown Vic as is today. That 351 was performance enhanced by replacing the two cats with glass packs. What a difference. My present 4.6 SOHC is a big improvement, yet the MarkVIII engine is more desireable and it should be an option to the buyer. Sierra range was not intentionally left out as my 4.6 did cover that hill adequately. As soon as I can buy the new Mercury Marauder - Good bye Linc TC.
  • lincolnteenlincolnteen Member Posts: 1
    Yes, I am a 16 year old teen and my parents just bought me a Lincoln Town Car. Even though some of my friends thought I was crazy for wanting it I got it anyway.Let me tell you it is the best car on the road today.Some kids my age I know have mustangs and stuff like that,but a Lincoln can go just as well as they can.I have plenty of room in the truck for golf clubs and anything else I want to put back there.The front and back seats are very spacious, and so I think I will be a regular customer of Lincoln.
  • johnbonojohnbono Member Posts: 80
    Is that there are things you can do in the back seat of a town car that you can't possibly do in the back seat of a civic!
    I had occasion this weekend to test the trunk opening and capacity on the Town Car. The wife used the TC to transport a string quartet around to a gig, along with all their instruments and equipment (music stands, etc.)

The trunk swallowed up a cello, viola, and two violins all in bulky cases just fine.

When I was 16, I drove an Imperial. A TC would make a fine car for a teenager - a very lucky teenager. Used to be that Caddies, Imperials and Lincolns were great cars for kids and much prized because they were: safe, spacious, and had lots of HP to carry around all the friends that showed up for a free ride to whereever.
    I checked out the Mercury. Thanks to you I checked out www.blueoval.com. Now that was interisting. No wonder the Lincoln has a lower image than the Cad. The paint, the fit, and more. If everybody truly loves the Lincoln Town Car, They should read this stuff and then ("Squeak LOUDLY") and maybe together we ALL can get the Lincoln to be reconized by even the CAD and MZB people to be a Great, Powerful, Luxurious Automobile that we ALL Know that it can be.

Bean Counters, Please ADD a few more to the Lincoln Town Cars (Pot).
  • wobbywobby Member Posts: 2
    I own a 1993 Lincoln Town Car. It's beautiful. I am 18 years old, I've wanted a Town Car since I was 13. The only thing I see wrong with my car, is I think it burns oil. It blows a little bit of white smoke out the back if you let it sit for a few minutes?
    OK now, everybody step forward and let us all know just what this is..!!!.TALK ABOUT IMAGE..!!!.Now why can't these ideas trickle down to the current Lincoln Town Car...(Found)...at...www.blueoval.com...Concept cars...Sentinal...There are a few more LINCOLN Concept cars in that area also. Now just why doesn't THE Lincoln Motor Division PUT their design work on the SHOW-ROOM-FLOOR???
    I believe that it is OK to like Big Sedans when you are young adult. I too liked Big Sedans when I was a young adult. It is also OK to like much smaller and quicker sportier cars. The first cars I fell in love were: 1st the '32 ford roadster, the 2nd was the '48 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet,3rd the '63 Lincoln 4dr convertible. If possible, I would like own a 2002 Lincoln Town Car 4dr convertible. We don't want to stop dreaming, we don't want to stop having HOPE for a better future.
    What are the average ages of the buyers of Lincoln products?
    Has the average age been going up or down in recent years?
    What does the dealerships records show on this?
    Are the average ages of buyers of new Lincoln vehicles the same average as the Cad vehicles?
    Of the total number of new Devilles sold, what percentage are DTS's sold?
    Of the total number of new Town Cars,what percentage have the "Sport Package" when sold?
    ...WHY???...
  • rea98drea98d Member Posts: 982
    I've heard the average age for a Town Car buyer is 64. I'd guess the Continental (essentially the same type of car except FWD) would be in the same ballpark. Average age of Nav's and LS's would (and I am guessing at this) probably be much lower. Considering the Nav and LS are fairly new models compared to the Town Car and Continental, I'd venture a guess that the average age is coming down.
    For the record, I'm twenty years old, and my favorite cars are full size, RWD sedans. My first car was a Grand Marquis, and my dream car is a Jag Vanden Plas. (Although I'm not sure if the Jag qualifies as "full size" or not.) Town Cars are also very (dare I say this?) cool, though.
  • lyntonwlyntonw Member Posts: 2
    I have owned 1990, 1995 and now the 2000 Signature with the Touring sedan option. (a mistake)
    I like the cars, one criticism, the drivers seat is not comfortable for long trips. It does not give sufficient support. My wife's Ford Explorer has a far better seat. The Touring Sedan is too busy in mountain driving, shift points are poorly chosen. I will probably buy another TC, I drive them about 70,000 miles. Present car gives about 3 miles per gallon poorer mileage.
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    Does anyone share this 45 yr old RWD fan's (Gr Marq owner) opinion that the current TC has middle aged bulge? I knew something bothered me about the look and finally figured out how to express it!

I love the front - suggests to me what a Couger ought to look like - but the sides just look like love handles to me. I can see that anytime I care to - all I need is a mirror!

I think the TC ought to join me on the Norditrack.

Turnpike Ken
    When I first saw the current TC body style, I thought it looked a little tubby too. Love handles, well... not quite, but not too far off base I suppose. After they had been out a year, I got used to the look, and now that I own one, I really like the look. It's big and agressive looking, and likes it - no apologies for being big. Not low and sleek, or high and silly looking - it's big, broad, hunkered down, and nasty looking; especially with the TS option which does away with the chrome belt, and replaces the chrome on the grill with the 'argent' color. I dig it. In some respect it reminds me of a 48 Merc, but bigger.

I too am in the 45 yr old bracket. I doubt that the average age of TC buyers is over 60 - especially since fleet buyers probably outnumber personal buyers by about 3-1. Of course, repeat byers could skew the numbers. In general I believe anyone buying a $40k car will always be in the middle aged bracket.

Lyntonw - Concerning the TS option, wow - different strokes for different folks! I love the seat, and I'm about 250 pounds. My spouse (116 pounds) finds it to be heaven. I find it to be just great cruising over the Sierra mountains - with cruise control on, shifts are almost imperceptable, and not at all annoying. I once drove an older (30k miles plus) rental TC (no TS option) over the Sierras, and the cruise control caused the shift points to be really obnoxious. I'm sure something was broken.

I've put some time in the Explorer seats too, so I can't imagine someone finding them better, but who am I to second-guess. I do know however that there are a whole lot of adjustments to be made in the TC seats. Many times my kids will get in and move the seats around, and they are just painful in that position. A lot of people don't know how, or don't care to take the time to adjust the seat to the best position. I would suggest the wife take some time to experiment and set the seat up correctly for her preference.

With the lumbar support and the perforated leather I find the TC with TS option to be A+ on trips long (5-8 hours) or short.

I will definitely buy another TC, with the TS option at trade in time. Every long trip I take confirms this (10k miles since March, several trips over 250 miles each way in California mountains).

Some things I want to see: a handy place to put my cell phone without pulling out the ashtray (I understand the 2001 has a built in phone finally). Maybe a little tray in the center for phone, glasses etc. I want the older trip computer with time to destination. And, a little cargo net in the trunk would be nice.
  • johnbonojohnbono Member Posts: 80
    Check under the dashboard on the passenger side. If it is like my CV, you should find a 12V outlet there to use.
  • occupant1occupant1 Member Posts: 412
    I wanted to replace my 1994 Cavalier with a 1995-1997 Geo Metro and a 1990-1994 Lincoln Town Car. But I ended with with a 1995 Ford Aspire and $1550 cash. I guess $1550 isn't quite enough to buy a $2000 Town Car so here I go saving again. www.towncarblowout.com has 1992-1993 Town Cars for $3000 listed but the guy emailed me back saying he would take $2000 for the 92-93's and $3000 for the 94's. I can pick them up in Brooklyn. Sounds good. I don't care how many miles it has, if it makes it home to Dallas, I'm happy! So I may have one in say, four to six weeks. And I'll tell you guys all about the trip.
    For the newer Town Car series, what sort of accessories are owners adding?
    I'm considering:
    1. Trunk organizer
    2. Additional CD cassette, so that I can pre-load it and just switch out a six-pack, and reload it at my leisure
    3. Some place to put my cell phone where I can get at it easily
    4. Pinstriping. The wife shot this down, but I may not give up on this.
    5. Heat seeking missile for drivers of lesser cars that need to impose themselves at unsafe times and distances.

More suggestions? How do owners of the Cartier edition like the options on that model?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the only option missing on the TC is the Mark VIII engine. Everything else - it has - for me.
    Maybe the Touring PKG. Sure is a beautiful Automobile.
  • lyntonwlyntonw Member Posts: 2
    I have it on my 2000 and it cost me about 3 MPG over mileage I got on identical 1995 without it.
    And, mountain driving gave some real flukey shifts.
    I would not get it again, I would order the Cartier series, get the big engine and the standard transmission.
  • gkarggkarg Member Posts: 230
    I'm planning to have them installed on my Lincolns. There is nothing more frustruating, than driving down the highway at 60 mph (on a 55 mph road) and having people pull out in front of you, because they think you're Grandpa Jones out for a Sunday Cruise.

Of course, the launch button will have to be conveniently located on the steering wheel for quick, easy access!
    Um, guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in Ohio and at least 49 other states, they don't allow you to register cars with heat seeking missile systems. My I instead reccomend a large, chrome West-Texas style grille gaurd over the front bumper that, combined with the Lincoln's 4.6 litre V-8, makes a very effective "slow-car plow" that can quickly and effeciently push other vehicles out of the way.
    Straight through pipes and a Black paint job with orange and red Flames. Then "SCARE" them!! to the side of the road. That way a vacuum will be created and then that will surely pull you to the head of the pack.
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    Remember those fifties into early sixties Caddies that had beautiful chrome front bumpers and huge missle resembling prutrusions (to say nothing of the tail fins)? Actually I have heard them likened to female anatomy as well. Now just add the functionality and wow what a great feature! Those triple note Caddie trumpet horns were great too. Need to bring back some of these ideas - maybe as 'retro' options!

Turnpike Ken
  • reeserickardsreeserickards Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I have just purchased a 2001 Town Car. Others considering this model should know Lincoln has ordered replacement of an air bag module on all its 2001 Town Cars. Our sales person told us no 2001 model may be taken off the lot for a test drive, presumably because of some unidentified danger in the event of an accident. Dealers, he said, do not have the modules in stock because they are in short supply, and they have to notify the parts distributor when a TC has been sold. The distributor then overnights a module for the dealer to install. It's mostly a nuisance, but until the Lincoln division develops a better supply program don't plan on a test drive of a 2001 TC.
    The 2000 TCs are almost identical, but don't have the adjustable foot pedals that are important to shorter drivers.
    So, Reese any idea which airbag is involved? I wonder about the veracity of what the salesman was saying.

By the way, what car did you previously drive before the TC? What made you choose the TC? What model and options did you order? What other cars, or options within the TC line did you consider? How do you like the car so far?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • tgrahtgrah Member Posts: 1
    Y've heard of families discussing the choice between SUV and minivan? Of executives to go Lexus or Mercedes?
    Those are the wrong alternatives, there is only one choice to get the max out of your money - Our little boys love to ride in the "batmobile", the black '99 Town Car, which provides more space and comfort than any other available car. Clients respect it very much, and feel the sense of place - this is America.
    Since some 'friends' mistook it as a company car [that is the effect of those fleet buyers], I had to add a white '66 Continental Conv to complete the Yin&Yang symbol, though.
  • dpasicovdpasicov Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 2000 Towncar with TS option, but there where no floor mats in the car so the dealer took some out of an executive model and said they where the same. Are they the same? I though the TS front floor mats said Touring Sedan on them? Can anyone with the TS comment on this? Thanks
    I have not driven it enough for a full review, but so far I love it.
    You got gipped! The floor mats delivered in my Touring Sedan are the same color as the carpets, have a ring for the non-slip hook on the driver side, AND have "Touring Sedan" very nicely embroidered vertically on the sill side of each mat.
    They are very nice looking, and compliment the perforated leather and birds-eye walnut that are also part of the TS package.
    You're dealer/salesman is WRONG. DEMAND the proper set. They should consider the other set from the Exec as a loaner until the proper set are delivered.

The TS option is sufficiently rare that many dealers don't see any, or very few.
    dpa:
    I think you are going to like your TS, if my experience is any guide. I've had mine for about 10k miles now. Some impressions -
    - I love the car. It's quiet, fast, handles very well, and makes driving a pleasure
    - Everyone who gets in the car loves it. Room, comfort, and quiet for everyone.
    - Alpine stereo system with CD was a great choice. It really makes the car a joy.
    - Mileage: average per tank of gas, mostly stop and go commute 18 mpg. Freeway trips, hilly terrain, 70 mph average, 23 mpg; flat terrain 24 mpg.
    - Ability to use 87 octane in all conditions, and never a ping of loss of power, even over the Sierras is great.
    - The Michelins are a super tire.
    - Dimension measurements do not do the interior comfort justice. No other car this side of a Rolls has the room of a TC.
    - I am so glad I didn't buy FWD...
    - Response from everyone to the car is positive. Kids, colleagues, fellow auto enthusiasts all give the car high praise.

It's true - SUV's, Lexus's, etc. are not even in the same class, and European 'Ultra Luxury' have no option or quality that is worth the extra tens of thousands of $$.
    I look forward to trade-in time when I can get another new one.
    "I look forward to trade in time when I can get another new one."

dbd34, this is the first time I have ever seen someone say they love their car so much they can't wait to get rid of it!
  • mike350mike350 Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me if the Town Car has a similar air suspension to the LSC of 1984-92? My 87 Mark VII has 100,000 miles and the air suspension failed requiring two new front air bag springs, a control module for the right front and lots of labour. Over $2,000 Canadian so far and haven't picked it up yet. Would like a 1995 Town Car but am a little wary of air ride suspension. Any thoughts?
    with standard air suspension has 86,000 miles and no problem with the AS. I've several friends with TCs and AS and they haven't any problems either.
    I thought it was funny when my Dad picked up his rental car today, a silver 2000 Town Car. He said he thought the radio was broken, I turned it on and it sounded like it was coming from twenty feet down in a well, turns out the previous driver set the radio to some kind of Stadium setting. I turned the EQ off and it sounded better. My God, that is a beautiful smooth car. My Dad is used to his 1992 Buick Century, in fact when we got out of dinner there was one parked next to the Lincoln and he was trying his keys in the Buick thinking it was his car.

And I am one of those dorky dippy car nut kids, and I like the whine of first gear and the drop in pitch as it shifts to second. It sounds just like the Crown Vic taxis I'm interested in buying. I think a 1998 Crown Vic for $4000 is a good deal, and I don't care if it is yellow. If they're all gone, fine, I'll still get one of the black Town Cars, since there are plenty of those hanging around New York and New Jersey.
    Occupant, my T-Bird makes that same noise. I think it's a quirk of Ford's 4sp overdrive trans. At first I thought my trans was going out until I found out almost any ford with a 4.6 and RWD did that. I much prefer the mean growl of a V-8 (not too loud, mind you) to the whine of the transmission.
  • skayserskayser Member Posts: 2
    My husband just purchased a 1999 Lincoln TC ( I have a Toyota Sienna Mini Van That I LOVE), and we want to put a license plate on the front bumper but there are no pre-drilled holes. I am starting to wonder if maybe the car has been in an accident and it is an after-market bumper. If anyone has any input on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. The car rides great and is very nice inside and out. It just makes me worry. Thanks!!
    I suggest you have purchased a car originally licensed in a state that requires only one plate.I believe MI is one of those states. Maybe your TC was a factory executive vehicle in Wixom and thus a front plate holder was never installed in the first place. Please, not to worry. You purchased a fine motorcar.
    Your Lincoln-Mercury dealer can install it (SHOULD be for free but you know car dealers). There is an option on the options list for the front license plate bracket. Indiana is another state only requiring one plate, and my parents had to add front plate brackets when we moved to Texas. Cost about $5 each because we went to a junkyard but the dealer can charge WAY more. The license plate bracket on Town Cars...I am not sure if you need to drill holes or if it fastens underneath the bumper and rests against the facia...cars I have owned have done both. And I even had one car I simply tied it to the grill because the bumper was missing..#:-)

Long live my old silver 1979 Chrysler LeBaron, wherever it is!
  • 14151415 Member Posts: 249
    Tell me why Ford charges $15,000 more for putting the 4.6L V-8 in a body with the Lincoln nameplate??? Why not buy the Crown Vic and invest the difference?????

One of my cars is a 96 Deville w/Northstar engine and it does move swiftly down the pike with no problem. The 275hp engine loafs along.... Its my wife's car and she is not a pokey driver; however she likes some of the Lincoln's exterior colors and also the white leather option. Another Ford trait is the whinny transmission which is not a piece of art.

I am worried that the Lincoln low-power hauling around 4000# is a gutless wonder. I am aware of the performance pkg upping the hp and stiffening the suspension for firmer handling as great add-ons; but is it enough for $40,000. Believe me, I wish Cad offered a firmer suspension option on the Deville without having to go to the DTS upgrade for an additional $5,000.

I would appreciate some sound answers for I would like to return to the rwd cars, but need the power,and reliability to make the switch. Ford's ability to make lots of money as a company reflects in the product line where the engine/transmisson and the entire driveline hasn't changed in 10 years.

My other car is a 99 Olds Intrigue which is powered by a multi-valve V-6 of 215 hp pushing a 3400# car and it loves the 85mph cruise.

The basic Lincoln/Crown Vic suspension layout is simple which I like; however I need a few stories about the lasting ability of Lincolns.

There is an outfit in Indianapolis, Ind that beefs up the suspension and tweaks the engine to 285hp on Crowns and Lincolns; but the cost is $8500 and is covered by warranty...
    Mercury Marauder!
  • skayserskayser Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply!!! We live in Florida, and they only require a back license plate. I assume from your response that they don't have pre-drilled holes or marks on the bumper where you should drill the holes. I had the TC today and just loved it!! I have another question. Bear in mind that we dont have an owners manual yet, the dealer is in the process of getting us one. (hopefully, by the end of the year, Ha Ha.) Anyway, when we turn off the ignition, the radio stays on as well as the clock on the dash. Even when the key is out. As soon as we open the door it (the radio and the clock) go off. Is this the norm or should we have it checked out? If I sit there with the keys in my hand and the radio blasting i turn the radio off and the clock stays on. When I go to turn the radio on, it comes on with the engine off. Is this correct? Thanks again guys, this is so great. Its nice to feel your getting the truth instead of the "runaround" from the dealers".
    Your question "turned me on". I wish our 94 TC had your radio feature. As now "wired" a passenger can know the time and hear the tune while sitting in the car waiting for the driver to return. Or maybe it's the "teen" feature. The tunes are played while the clock reminds him to get her home on time while they are parked on 'Lovers Lane'. What fun!
  • gkarggkarg Member Posts: 230
    It is normal for the radio to stay on. You can also run the windows and moonroof (if you have one.) My Lincoln LS is equipped with this feature. You have power for up to 10 minutes and then it will shut off.
  • cats8cats8 Member Posts: 22
    Is the lincoln car good as a 1993 car i hurde the 1993 burns oill is that so bad plese email me and tell me hal fast the 1993 lincoln gos my email is mkitty@inreach.com