Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Quest/Mercury Villager problems

Comments

• pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    You should try calling the Nissan Promotions headquarter. I don't have that number, but you should be able to find it through the Nissan 800 customer support. From where I live (Florida) nissan customer service is is 1800-nis-san1. Good luck.

To jeepers10- If it's an official recall, Nissan Customer service should be able to pull the information you need with your quest vin. Btw, I remember hearing something about that, although it may have just been a tsb or a hidden recall.
    Perhaps someone else here can provide more information on this.... But for now, you might try looking it up (tsb and recall information) at the the nhtsa website. Also, www.alldata.com provides some free tsb & recall information. Good luck. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Community Leader/Coupes, Convertibles, and Sportscars Conference
  • ScameronhScameronh Member Posts: 5
    I have not been back to this site lately but thought I would give an update on our Quest "Experience".
    We like the practicality of the van and the styling.
    We have had the van for one year (9000 miles) and have experienced a number of problems:
    1) Passenger Air bag replaced due to faulty cover (had to go back twice because the new one was also bad).
    2) Rough idle (replaced EGR valve after 3 visits).
    3) Turn signal stalk (wiper problem)
    4) Drivers mirror shakes (replaced twice still shakes).
    5) Drivers mirror broke (luckly it was shaking at the time so I was already going in!!).
    6) Drivers door handle sticks (fixed).
    7) Passenger door rattles (fixed).

New problems yet to be fixed.
    8) Fan for the Rear AC is squeaking.
    9) Engine is idling rough again.
    Plus there was a recall for the lights (I believe it was the brake light...so many troubles I can't keep it straight).

All in all we wish we had not bought this van. I did a lot of research prior to buying and all indication were good. I received a survey from Nissan asking if we liked our last service and if we had any comments. I listed all the troubles and said we will only keep the van if we get an extended warranty.

I might suggest an extended warranty to everyone else. You can use the money you save from the low purchase price.
  • m6chem6che Member Posts: 18
    Sorry to hear about all your problems. We've just clocked our 1 year anniversary (18K miles) in our 99 GLE. I've been back to the dealer twice over the past 12 months (last month to get the rear tail light recall done, the other last year to pick up a 6 pack of Nissan oil filters- 3 for the price of 2 sale). Haven't experienced any problems except for a bad right side door light switch that the dealer took care of when the van was 3 days old.

Also, remember that you have a 3 year warranty, so hopefully you won't put out any $ for these problems and they will be resolved. (BTW, the EGR valve is part of the emissions control system so should be covered for a full 5 years calendar time. Sounds like you won't have to worry about the warranty mileage limit.)

With recurring problems supposedly fixed (such as the airbag cover, rough idle, shaky mirror), I'd also question how competent the dealer service department is. If you have another Nissan dealer, you might want to try their service and explain how disatisfied you are that you're seeing the same problems again. We're fortunate that we've got 4 Nissan dealers within 20 miles (hey, I'm in California - what is that state avg? 3 cars per person?) I'd definitely NOT go to 1 of those 4 based on some friends' comments. Just a thought... Good luck!
  • edwardh1edwardh1 Member Posts: 88
    Many were minor but seems like a lot. I like the size of Quest and am looking but have owned two civics (89 and 91) and a 94 Camry that had zero trips back to dealer for fixes in first 30K miles. Let us know how it goes. I like the Quest smaller size but wonder about quality.
    Thanks.
  • powerbasepowerbase Member Posts: 3
    I have a 98 Quest with 14 K. Recently, I am seeing a lot of rust and winter damange to the front right alloy wheel. Has anyone else experienced this? Are the wheels under the 3Y/3K warranty?

Thanks.
  • agt_cooperagt_cooper Member Posts: 202
    Where exactly on the wheel are you seeing a problem, and what does it look like? I can't imagine an aluminum alloy wheel rusting, so I'm thinking you may be seeing staining from some other component (e.g., brakes, wheel hub, etc.).

If you can provide more detail, I'll try to give a better response.
  • powerbasepowerbase Member Posts: 3
    I am not sure if it due to road salt. It appears more like a the alloy wheel rim hit something. There are deep scratches all around the rim. It is like someone has sand papered it...very harsh. There is no rust as such..that is..no rusty color of any sort. I don't know..it is hard to tell since it is only one one wheel. Do you thik it is covered?

Would this impact the wheel balance. The steering wheel is beginning to shake a bit at all speeds.
  • jkrolakjkrolak Member Posts: 38
    The alloy rim may be bent and that may be causing the shimmy. If it is gouged then you will have to pay for the fix. Someone scraped a curb or whatever.
    I agree with jkrolak, sounds like someone bashed a curb with that wheel. At best, it's just a cosmetic thing, at worst, the wheel may be bent, and therefore, causing the vibration. A good tire store should be able to help you.

As far as warranty, I don't think so!
    Are you the self appointed watchdog for Quest/Village crash test scores? I believe there is a topic here at Edmunds for that discussion.
    I'd be curious to know your motivation for posting the same information in multiple discussion threads. Care to share?

Personally, I put more importance on avoiding accidents than surviving them, so the crash test scores are not the only factor I consider in a vehicle purchase.
    Nissan finally put out a voluntary recall for the phantom wiper switch problem. When I went to the dealer service to have my new running boards adjusted, they replaced my wiper switch... even though I had not experienced any problems with it.
    Hi Agt Cooper- Good point about crash tests. Btw, I also posted a response to Edwards exact same post in the Nissan Quest forum. I'm not sure what he drives..., but I didn't question his motives.

The fact is some people do get a little freaked out with all the crash test propaganda. I think that people should weigh and balance all the data, good & bad, and make an informed decision. Thats what I did.

Talk to everyone later. ;-)

Pocahontas
    I have been looking at minivans, and like the quest due to its smaller size, slightly better mileage and lots of features, some of which are extra cost on other vans. I had heard that the rating was "poor", (the lowest of 4 ratings) but was surprised when I saw the pix of the dummy "eating his kneecaps" as they say. I was unaware earlier of a seperate topic and other people may be unaware too.
    Don't shoot the messenger - go look at the pix.
    94 Camry, and 99 Infiniti I30 (Nissan) and its great!
  • derosaderosa Member Posts: 10
    Just went over 16k on our 1999 SE and running fine. Dealer charged $150 for the 15k checkup. Change the oil every 3k. Still have not used the TV/VCP, anyone interested in buying it???

Good site for recalls and service bulletins:
    http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/servicemmy1.cfm
    It can be misleading to simply "look at a pic." For example, the crash test dummy did not have any "knee cap" injury. The main injury was to the left crash test dummy foot.

In addition to knowing about the all the crash test scores (some which are good) for the Quest, people should also be aware that there are absolutely no real world statistics that correlate with the crash test data.

The fact is, the offset score only measures what happened with one quest van in one controlled laboratory crash test. So my advise: if you're really concerned about safety, you should look at real world injury statistics.

Statistically speaking, you might discover that you'd be safer in any minivan, even the quest, than you'd be in the two cars you currently own.
    In any case, I hope you find the mini-van that fulfills all your needs. Happy & safe driving.

Pocahontas
  • jharding1jharding1 Member Posts: 2
    I got out of my new 2000 Quest GXE (with it running), closed the drivers side door, opened the back sliding door to take care of my infant, closed the sliding door, and "magically" all the doors locked (with the engine running and the baby inside). Being I closed the drivers side door before opening the back door, I know I could not have hit the button on the drivers side door, and the remote for the locks was on the key ring with the keys in the ignition.
    Anybody know of this problem of the doors automatically locking? (perhaps tied with closing the sliding door)?
  • mrugshalmrugshal Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2000 GXE and have about 2K on it. I am generally happy with the van, but two things bug me. One, I am getting only 18 mpg on highways and two, van feels unstable around 70 mph. Anyone has experienced same problems?
    jharding1 - Might want to have the door lock switches checked (esp the driver's side switch). If you look at the direction to lock, it's towards the sliding door. If the switch is weak or "leaning" in that direction, slamming the sliding door will make the switch move ever so slightly in the "Lock" direction. Don't know if that's your problem, but it's worth mentioning it to the dealer.

The reason I know that slamming doors can activate a bad lock- I once rented a Toyota Tercel and accidentally locked the keys in the car. The lock is on the inside door panel -- the unlocked position is out towards the driver's seat. I slammed my hand against the side of the driver's side door (just expressing my inner self...) and POP, the door unlocked. I was happy to get in and happy I didn't own a Tercel. I doubt this was a Tercel feature, just a bum lock. Anyway, I never tried slamming the back door to see if I could lock that door! :-)
    Mitch
  • dhoffdhoff Member Posts: 282
    I have heard of a "phantom locking" problem with the Quest and Villager, I think it was due to bad switches or wiring. I'd have your dealer check it out.

I hope you had a spare set of keys with you when that happened! On my last car I once locked myself out and had to call the police to open it for me. After that I had a spare key made, wrapped it in black electrical tape, and wired it to the underside of the car. I put it in a location where it couldn't be seen unless you knew it was there. I never did have to use it though. I plan on doing the same thing on our Quest soon. Luckily it doesn't have one of the new keys with a chip in it.

Dave
    Here are some links I thought I would share with the Quest folks. There have been a few recurring questions that are addressed on these folks' pages.

www.loudoun-net.com/haines/villagerquest.htm

http://web2.airmail.net/scutchen/vq_faq

I have found these to be very helpful.

Dave
    I went to Maryland from South Florida in March, my van turned 6000 miles while on the trip. At 70-75 MPH, I got 23 and 24 miles per gallon. It has been reported that driving at 70 eats up 20 % more gas, so at the old 55 MPH US standards, I would probably do a lot better. Driving in traffic here in South Florida and not feather throttling, I get 16-17 MPH. My gas mileage definately got better as I got to 5-6000 miles on the van. I get no shimmy or feeling of a light steering wheel at 70 MPH, take it back in for a good wheel alignment.
    Hi dhoff- Thanks for the links. I've book marked them.

Hi kjrolak- I get similar mpg also.

As for mileage getting better with time..., I've noticed gradual improvements up to 11k miles. My first couple of tanks were not very good: 14.5 city and 20.5 highway.

Now at 12.5k miles, my Quest consistently gets above 16 mpg for city. Sometimes even 18 or 19 city. And 24-26 highway. Of course if I'm going between 85-95 mph, it drops back to 20 or so.

Talk to everyone later. ;-)

Pocahontas,
    community Leader/Coupes, Convertibles, and Sportscars Conference
  • mdengmdeng Member Posts: 28
    To All Nissan Quest 2000 Owner:

I want to share with you my frustration with the new NISSAN QUEST GXE (2000) Van.

My complaint concerns that the Mid-Row (BENCH) of the passenger seat vibrates abnormally that it can not be used. The Mid-Row Bench vibrates by itself at a much higher frequency than the vehicle. If you sit in front or the last row seat, you feel the van responds to the road (which is normal), but not the vibration from the seat.

Nissan’s engineers were aware of the problem, but said it is not comfortable, but it is within the SEPC.

On Consumer Report, April 2000 issue, the comment to Quest 2000 was: “It rides comfortably and quietly with a normal load, but a full load makes it dip and bob like a sail boat in a storm."

My Van with normal load, feels like a “No Switch Massage Chair”.

Please check the Quest 2000 you or your friends have. Test/sit on the second row yourself, do not ask your kids, cause they might not be able to describe their feeling precisely. If you experience the same problem, please send you information to:

[email protected]

Please provide the following information:

Your Name, Address, Phone or email, VIN#, Date of Purchase.

After collected enough complains, we can file an ABITRATION against Nissan, and force Nissan to REFUND or RECALL QUEST 2000.

Please check the following web site and get familiar with the NEW CAR LEMON LAW.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/brochure_english.htm

If We Do Not Speak For Ourselves, Who Will !!

Mark Deng

Author’s Background

B.S. and M.S. degree in Automotive Engineering Department, in Tsinghua University, China, in 1987, and 1989.

Have been involved in lots of vehicle tests (both objective and subjective tests.). Although the industry standard may be different between US and China. China followed the same set of tests that performed in US.
    Thanks for posting your problem. You are the first to post this kind of problem. However, if this is a widespread problem, other Quest owners will be glad to see your post.

I have a 99 SE quest with the captain chairs with no vibration problem. Even when I put the 3rd row bench into the second row position, there is no vibration.

So I'm curious specifically which "Nissan Engineer" you are referring to in your post: local, regional, or USA or Japanese?

Have you personally taken your problem beyond your local dealer service, or are you quoting what your dealer service is telling you? Have you tried taking your Quest to a different dealer service.
    Also have you filed a formal complaint with the 800 Nissan customer service? In the event that the problem can be fixed, this would certainly be faster than waiting for the NHTSA to take action. Good luck.

Pocahontas,
    community Leader/Coupes, Convertibles, and Sportscars Conference
    Sure, NOW you want that middle seat back...

Some time back we took a long trip in our Quest and I personally spent time (hours) in each seat position, and noticed no vibration problems (this is with 2nd row captains chairs).

Is it possible that one or more tires is out of balance? This is the first thing I would check. Either that or a bent wheel? I think if it were a design flaw we would have heard of it before.

Dave

PS Steve-

Lase week I saw that someone was selling the middle seats from a 97 or 98 Quest on Ebay. You may be able to find one yet.
    After test driving two Quest vans in Feb 99 at different dealers, , I posted also that the seats shook a lot (2nd seats only, bench seats), our community forum moderator said it was due to the hinge design on that seat. I still think its a structural problem and is abnormal. One Dealer said "maybe tires are out of balance". I think the van is structurally weak - maybe that accounts for the poor crash rating (lowest of 4 categories) bu IIHS.
    see posts 12 and 13, of this topic on the second row seats.
    However no one else has mentioned it.
    I have a 99 Quest GLE and there is no vibrartion in any seat. maybe Quest got screwed up and put those Junkyard Jitney Honda Oddyssey seats in some of the vans.....do you think? --)
    Good point Edward. The "hard knock" has been discussed in the Nissan Quest forum as well as some of the other threads here. Btw, this is the reason Consumer Reports advises consumers to avoid the 96 quest/villager and pathfinder.

People should be aware that Nissan dealt with the 96 quest engine defect by issuing a Silent Recall which extends the warranty of the engine to 84m/100k.

From what I know Mercury did not deal with this problem the same way that Nissan did. So I would be a little more cautious when buying a 95/96 Villager, as opposed to a Quest.

If one is in the market for a used 96 Quest, they can check with the Nissan Corp or Mercury Corp to see if the engine was replaced under warranty.

Personally, if I knew the engine had been replaced, I would feel comfortable enough to proceed with the purchase of a used 96 Villager/Quest. Knowledge is power. My opinion. ;-)

Pocahontas
  • craig40craig40 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the information concerning the Silent Recall.I have a 1995 Quest and it's VIN# falls within the listed range given.In trying to learn more about the "secret warranty watch" under lemonadecars web link I was unable to bring up this site.Have they changed the web address?.I would appreciate any additonal information that you could forward to me regarding this issue.

Thanks,
  • craig40craig40 Member Posts: 8
    Pocahontas please disregard my last message.I was mispelling the web address to lemonaidcars,but please keep us posted on any further information concerning this nissan issue.Thanks Again
  • jillisajillisa Member Posts: 3
    I just bought my Quest last week and I love it. I have the second row captains chairs and the kids
    love that feature. I got a great deal and the salesman was actually a laid back nice guy. I know 2 people with 1999 GXEs and their second row bench seats do not shake at all, I asked them about it after reading about it here. So, so far so good, I'll keep you updated about how it lasts. :)
    My seats don't shake and neither does the neighbors. Maybe he is driving vertically down from Pikes Peak? :-)
    I tied some extra weight to the mid-row bench of my Quest GXE based on the hint from a Nissan Engineer, it did improved the shake dramaticlly. It feel quiet normal with the extra weight on the bench back.

The weight I tied to the bench back was a bag of 50 pound rice. I also tried another hint from the engineer, removing the mid-row bench, push the third row to the middle. It did not shake at all.

These test led me to believe my original thought that the abnormal seat vibration was because of the RESONATE.

Tied extra weight, change the resonate frequency of the mid-row bench, the third-row seat has it own resonate frequency, these frequency are much off the excitaion fregnency, so the shake was gone.

I really hate Nissan for knowing the problem, but do not face it !!!

I need all your helps to bring them down.
  • tiger12345tiger12345 Member Posts: 2
    If tie down a bag of rice changes resonate frequency, then wouldn't someone sitting on it with seat belt fastened also change the resonate frequency? I noticed the shaking of the mid-row bench seat too, while it was empty. Perhaps not as bad as you described but pretty obvious. Haven't checked when someone was sitting on it. Perhaps what Pocahontas said about extra give on the hinge is the real cause of the shaking. Tie extra weight might make it harder to move on the extra give. Anyway can stick something there to seal the extra give if the seat is not going to be adjusted often? Mine is fixed at an angle because a child seat is always on there.
    I think your shaking 1999 GXE has a wheel imbalance problem. Replace the wheel that is out of round and your problem will go away. If you bent the rim to cause the imbalance, then the problem is yours, not Nissan. My local Nissan dealer has NEVER heard of a shaking middle seat problem. Are you sure that your vehicle was not in an accident? Buyers remorse can get to any of us if we overspend or we see something we want more, like a Nissan Quest GXE 2000. As far as your 50 lb sack of rice goes, it sounds like you are taunting the japanese????:-)
    This is a brand new car right out of the dealer's lot. The Nissan dealer checked latch first, and then did a four wheel balance to the Van. But mid-seat shaking did not change a bit. They called in the Nissan engineer, who test my Van and all other Vans in the dealer's lot. The Nissan engineer conclude that this is the "Nature of the Beast" and it is normal.

I met this engineer at the dealer later and test my Van again, during the test, he told me Nissan engineer aware of the issue, but it was not on thier must-do-list. And then, he suggest that put extra weight on the bench will improve it, and move the third row to front will be OK also.

tiger12345 was right about empty seat shaking and sit on it does change the frequency. My second dirver seat in the same Van shakes visiblly while it was empty, but did not shake at all when people sit on it.

The mid-row bench somehow shakes no matter what.

Dealer and lawer are paid to lie, don't expect them to tell the truth.

thanks, guys!
    I had the same experience with 2 new 99 quest vans at one dealer, and 1 at another: 2 nd seat shook when empty at around 50-60. This was one reason we did not buy one.
    I agree- my guess its a resonance problem and the factory has chosen not to fix. It could be a simple cure. I had an 84 Olds Cierra 4 cyl that shook at about 45, there was a factory TSB fix- a heavy mushroom looking thing about 5 inches high that u bolted onto the frame. Olds gave them out free.
    Lo tech but it worked.
    Cause could also be that the frame has inadequate strength - this may also account for the poor accident ratings.
    Its not tires out of balance.
    more carefully before we jump to conclusions.

As Mdeng said: "I also tried another hint from the engineer, removing the mid-row bench, push the
    third row to the middle. It did not shake at all."

This leads me to believe that my original statement, as explained by my Nissan service manager, is correct: the second row seat shake is due to the give in the seat hinge design.

I think adding weight (as mdeng did) to the seat would help solve the problem. But also keep in mind that if Nissan made the second row seat heavier, it would also be more difficult to move out.

Anyway, let's use a little logic: if the shaking was because of the frame strength, then wouldn't the third row bench also shake when moved to the second row position? And as mdeng stated, the third row bench did "not shake at all." Most likely because there is no give in the third row bench hinge.

My opinion: sure it would be nice if Nissan can eventually fix this minor flaw. But honestly if this is the biggest complaint gxe owners have, then I think Nissan is not doing too bad compared to many of the other makes that have been plagued with numerous more serious problems with their first/second year models.

Hi edward1- For someone that is not interested in buying a Quest, you sure put a lot of energy into the Quest forums. Perhaps you're having second thoughts...? A lot of happy owners here. ;-)

Good luck with your final decision.

Pocahontas
    Community Leader/Coupes, Convertibles, and Sports Cars Conference
    Amen. I am a bit astonished that the reliability and quality of my Quest is so good. I do have a complaint though. If I push up on the glasses case too hard, the case sticks--until I whack it a bit with my hand. I think I should get a free glass case replacement on a recall notice or at least a buyback....chuckle! The audio system is awesome and I enjoy making my van throb and rumble at a stoplight next to some lowered, blacked out minicar that is shakin' from its Radio. Sure surprises the local punks...:-) It is really nice to be able to park in a normal parking spot without having to jockey the van back and forth--I had a longer Windstar before. I bought the 99 because of its ride, acceleration (which is enough for me)...I do not intend to drive 110 miles per hour as some fools drive a van. And price. which was great. I got the Sunset Red ( a backward leap to my childhood little red wagon) which is really a nice metallic color. It is the first car/van/suv that I can drive for more than two hours without major old joint lockup.
    I have no rattle at all on the leather seats on our 99 GLE. In fact, moving the seat backs is really stiff due to little clearance between the leather (at the space between seat and the seat back). If there is a rattle on the bench seat due to thinner material at that spot, stuffing a rolled towel into the space below the seat back should make it go away.

Again, not the best solution, but this avoids having to carry any extra weight around.
    Mitch
  • akrasnovakrasnov Member Posts: 10
    And now this clown directly emails all the people in this topic about his "problem"! Did we signed up here to be spammed?
    akrasnov, I have send you an email about my apology, I want to say sorry to everyone who felt intruded here also.

I did not create my "problem", Nissan did. I would rather watching TV, than spend my time and energy chase after them...

People do not feel the pain on themselvies, when see other ones bleeding.
    I'm sorry that your GXE Quest is causing you such grief. I have seen one or two previous reports of the second row seat shaking, but not to the extent that you have described.

I think the people that have experienced this have been able to ignore it, because it has not impeded from normal functions of the seat, as well as the overall comfort....

Otherwise, I'm sure we'd be seeing a lot more complaints from gxe owners online. If your van is as bad as you describe, then you have a strong case..., and I hope your situation is resolved.

But if the nature of your seat does not intrude with the normal functions/comfort of the seat, and is not a safety hazard, then it most likely will be an uphill battle.

Unfortunately, the fact that something is not "perfect" is not enough reason for a recall or a law suit... Otherwise the only vehicle allowed on the road would be a Lexus.

In any case, I'd like to suggest one other thing: take your van to a different Nissan Dealer service for a second opinion. Nissan dealer services vary quite a bit in quality of service. My experience.

You should also call before hand and speak directly with the service manager about your problem and frustration. Another dealer service may have a solution. Good luck. ;-)

Pocahontas,
    I wish you were my service manager.
    A Recall by Nissan on the "seat" problem will not happen. Safety items are normally the only reason for a recall. I do not appreciate being spamed by the complaintant. Normally the BBB will not conduct hearings--at least for uch a frivolous complaint. This hearing may be wishful thinking on the complaintants part. (bag of rice solves shaking problem...I wasn't born yesterday.
    If you have a complaint, use Nissans problem reporting procedure or your state's lemon law--if you are a van owner, you will see the process in your warranty manual.
    After all, Mdeng did apologize for his email. But now I'm wondering why I didn't get an email from him. Hey, am I not worthy? ;-)

Mdeng- Here's another thought. Have you tried tilting the seatback (upper portion) of the seat back a little to see if that helps...? If the upper portion of the seat is at a straight (upright) angle it may have more of a tendency to shake. Perhaps tilting it back a bit would create enough weight with the angle to help.... Simple physics. Anyway, just a thought.

Keep us posted. Talk to you later. ;-)

Pocahontas,
    pocahontas, thank you again for your care.

For those who think that I am over doing it, here is a little background of myself and four stories for you to have fun.

I had a BS and a MS in Automotive Engineering, and had a MS in Mechanical Engineer also.

I was a licensed Mechanical Engineer, and also licensed Fire Protection Engineer in California. And now, I am a senior software engineer in a silicon valley startup. With two sons, one is five and another is three, I don't consider myself was born yesterday.

Now, here are the stories. (the first two are my own experience.)

1) While I was working for ICF Kaiser Engineers Inc. My office chair always squeaks while I sit on it and rock back and forth. It did not bothers me at all. It did not bother other people around me either. But we all noticed that only my chair making that noise. I worked there for four years, the very last day before I leave, I was fliped over and fail to ground, and the chair was broken into two pieces. I was so stuned to see such a heavy duty office chair broken at the support rod (a two inch dia. metal rod). I checked at the broken place, it was started with a tiny crack, and propagate through four year of its life. We call this a "fatigue of the material". It usually start from the place where stress is concerntrated. In this case, that tiny defect: the crack. If this happened to a critical part on a moving car, I can not imgine the concequence.

2) Five years ago, my wife and I went to Las Vegas the frist time. We rented a compact car, and drove from Vegas to Grand Canyon. The car vibrated slightly on the highway, and works perfectly fine on local. I check the tires, and they looks perfect. The car have only 500 miles on it, very thing looks OK.

We decide to keep going. It was a good three hours dirve to Grand Canyon, most of the time, it was just desert. The shake get worse and worse, and finally, the front tire explod on a local highway while we were driving 50 mi/hr. I managed control the car not runing into the coming vehicles on the otherside. It was so close.

What excatly the cause of this was unkown. I think the shake originated from the exploded tire. It might be a balance issue, defected tire, or the previous accident. Any way, when you don't know the exact cause, don't assume it is normal.

3) In China, there was two Temples was about half mile from eath other. Every day whenever one of the Temple sound its huge bell, a hugh bell in the other Temple will sound automatically. The monks of two temples do not know why. They called in the man who made the Bell. This guy actully made the two bell out of the same design. He came to one of the bell, pull out his knife and cut a niche on it. The bells never sound together anymore.

I did not cut my seat, because I want Nissan repurchase it. So, I tied a big of rice to it.

Hi, jkrolak, if you will visit China in the future, I will tell you where to find the bells.

4) Everyone knows about RESONANCE heard the story that in accent ROMAN, a league of ROMAN solider marching over a bridge, and the birdge shaked to collapse. Ever since then, it became a rule that league of soliders should march at ease on bridges.

Hope I did not bored your guys.

Baseline is, I was not convinced the shaking of the Quest mid-seat is a trial uncomfortable issue only. I won't take "Nature of the Beast" as a settled answere.
  • akrasnovakrasnov Member Posts: 10
    You heard it?
    He wants Nissan to REPURCHASE his van because of the shaking seat? Hello?
    The rule is simple: don't like it, don't buy it... Any breakdowns will be covered under warranty, safety defects are covered by the lemon law.
    I already see Nissan having expenses for making him shut up. Where do you think these expenses come from? From the pockets of considerate Nissan buyers.
    And don't put all your chaotic memories in one pot. Your imagination gets sick because of that.
This discussion has been closed.