Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Grand Am

Comments

• kenproductionkenproduction Member Posts: 2
    I have a cd stereo in my 2001 with all the toys on it. Sometimes if Im listening to the radio, the cd will automatically come on or vice versa and all my preset stations will erase. Has anyone had a similar problem?
  • moeharrimoeharri Member Posts: 108
    Funny you should mention your stereo problems. I have a 2001gt with the single cd stereo and today I had my presets erase for FM2. I also came out of work one day to have all presets erased, for no apparent reason. It was annoying, but much less so than trying to deal with my local dealer (out of warranty anyway). If you find out the cause, let me know :-)
  • theo2709theo2709 Member Posts: 476
    Do any Pontiac owners here get the Pontiac Performance newsletter? In the Fall 2003 issue there is a teaser photo of the G6.
  • sandman4028sandman4028 Member Posts: 2
    i bought the car used about a month ago, and it was running fine for about 2 or 3 weeks. then we got a huge snow storm and right before the storm started, i tried to start my car but it wouldnt start. the car would crank but it wouldnt turn over. i tried it a few times and it still wouldnt work. so i read the manuel and tried their suggestions (pushing the gas pedal for certain lengths of time) but that didnt work. i decided to try to get it towed to a mechanic, but when the guy came, he tried to start the car and succeeded on his first try. after that i drove it around for a little bit without any trouble. then i turned off the car and let it sit for about 5 minutes and started it up again without any troubles. the next morning i tried to start it again and once again it wouldnt start. ever since the guy came and got it started i havent been able to start it myself. i think it may have to do with my remote keyless entry system, but im not sure. its a V6 engine,automatic transmission,only about 43k miles, and was never in any kind of accident. if someone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated. you can email me at: sandman4028@comcast.net
          ~thank you very much
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Sounds like a battery problem to me. One thing though - when you try to start the car does the security indicator light come on and stay on?
  • jerentjerent Member Posts: 8
    Hello:

Does anyone know of a manual method to pull the diagnostic codes from a 1998 Grand Am (not using a diagnostic tool)? For example, for my Durango, you click the ignition from 'off' to 'on' 3 times and the code will read in the odometer. Is a similar method possible for the Grand Am? Thanks in advance.
  • sandman4028sandman4028 Member Posts: 2
    its not the battery, because it is brand new. but, yes, the security light does come on and stay on....i dont know what that means tho
    If the security indicator is coming on and staying on when you try to start the car (when the ignition is off), then the passlock system is being activated when you try to start the car. It thinks that someone is trying to steal the car, most likely because the sensor in the ignition switch has gone bad or is intermittent. The owners manual goes into some detail about this. If you wait for 10 - 11 minutes or so it will reset and then you can try to start it again.
    This happened on my 99 some time ago, and I had it repaired by changing the ignition switch.
  • mmilindmmilind Member Posts: 6
    I have a 96 Grand AM, with 83k miles on it. For sometime now, I hear a strang thuddy sound after it goes over a speed bump, after the back wheel goes over the bump. It doesn't always happen, but it puzzles me.
      Then suddenly last week, while I was on the freeway, suddenly I heard a strange sound from the car, just like the sound when any car goes over a bumpy road, except I was driving on a smooth road. I immediately took the exit and drove on the surface streets. I am beginning to see this problem more often now, and sometimes, the steering wheel also shakes. Do I have a faulty engine mount? Please help...
  • rpassagerpassage Member Posts: 1
    I have a 01 Grand Am GT and lately I am hearing a rubbing noise coming from the tires. Took my car to a trusted repair tech thinking my brakes needed replacing and was told it was the calibers that were bone dry. The noise stopped for awhile but came back. So I took the car into the dealer I bought the car from new and the service manager said it is a problem with the tires and that the grand am is known for this problem and said that they would seal the wheels. This rubbing sound worked for a few days and now they are making the sound again. Now my warranty just expired and I have seen on some forums that by replacing the wheels, the sound is eliminated. Has anyone owning a Grand Am come across this problem and if so can you let me know how it was solved. Thanks for your help. Regina
  • moeharrimoeharri Member Posts: 108
    I have a 2001 GT as well and have also experienced the super loud rubbing sound. I took it in at about 25,000 miles and they said that the tires needed rotating. That fixed the noise for about 10,000 miles or so, but it's been back since just a bit outside my warranty. I think I'll just get a different brand of tires the next time. Anyone have any recommendations for those? I'm at over 45,000+, so it's almost time anyway. I hope you get your problem fixed, so if you find out an alternative, please let me know :-) Thanks.
  • jerentjerent Member Posts: 8
    Hello: I noticed many posts about the intake manifold gasket going bad on the V6 Grand Ams. I have a 98 GA GT with the 4 cylinder, and noticed the temp guage was climbing. I pulled over and sure enough, almost no coolant was in the reservoir. Does anyone know if the 4 cylinder also has the intake gasket problem, or is there another known issue with these motors relating to coolant leaks? Thanks in advance.
  • joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    4 cyl engine its most likely the water pump,have it checked out,its about a $700 job at the dealer,of course less at an independent.
  • gmhellmangmhellman Member Posts: 121
    My wife has a 99 Grand Am and shortley after we purchased it the stereo display would make electronic hyroglyphics. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the entire stereo head. This solved the problem for about two years. Now when we try to turn the stereo down the volume actually goes up unless we really turn the music down. Before the NHTSB changed their web site I found a TSB that stated that this was a known problem with the AC Delco stereos. That is why they replaced them in the 2002 model (I beleive). I have talked to many people with various models of grand ams and they stated that even the new stereos have this problem. Your best bet is to buy a quality aftermaket (Alpine...Sony....Eclipse)and while your at it replace those crappy factory speakers.
    I have noticed that after 2001 they changed the interior slightly (they went to vinyl inserts in the doors, made ETS an option on higher level packages, made the split rear seat an option on higher level packages and changed the cupholders).
    I drove the 2003 SE1 package with the V6, but it seemed to have less power than my wife's 99 Grand Am with the 4 cylinder. The car also had significantly less options on the package and just seemd like another econo box. My wife's Grand Am has a higher level feel to it.
  • mikeskmikesk Member Posts: 1
    my wife just scrapped the engine by not noticing the oil level control light. Otherwise my 1992 Grand Am is fine, with some time to time repairs last year (water pump, starter, thermostat, alternator, ignition module). Is there anybody with suitable engine with around 70k miles and willing to help? Thanks, Mike
  • lilcityboy87lilcityboy87 Member Posts: 2
    I had similar sounds coming from my car, so it sounds that way anyway. I have a 97 Grand Am GT and at first I thought it was something to do with the dual exhaust. It wasn't that.... it turned out to be a bad shock absorber. Went to the dealership and about $160 later my car was quiet again. I first started noticing the sound about 300 miles away from home in a crowded coastal area city in July. It wasn't loud at first but it did persistently got louder and I brought it to the dealership in December and I told them what I thought and I guessed right... so my advice is to have them check it out. It was the right side shock absorber for me. But as far as the steering wheel shaking... that's another story.
    Now I have a question... my GA has the 2.4 TwinCam engine, now is this engine prone to the same problems as the old 2.3 Quad4? So far the only problems I have had have been minor and nothing to do with the engine *knocks on wood.* I hope it isn't prone to the same problems because I love my car!
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I sure hope it doesn't have any problems, I only have about 210k on the odo on my 96 GA se and don't want any troubles with it ;-)
  • alan34alan34 Member Posts: 11
    Are there any good deals in Canada on the Grand Am GT1?
    Has any one heard of any incentives to get current Gm leasees into a new car before their lease is up. A Saturn dealer told me that Gm will allow people to bring their cars back if their lease is up between now and Dec 2004 with no penalty. Could this be true ?
  • lash92sseilash92ssei Member Posts: 35
    An Old Fart’s simple answers to all the really important car questions

1. How often should I ……? Just follow the maintenance schedule in the owners’ manual. If you don’t have one, buy one-it helps if you can read (not everyone graduated from Southern Cal).
    2. How many miles will my car last? Most any car will last forever (longer than a young mans morning timber) provided you follow number 1.
    3. What kind of oil should I use? See number 1 above (remember, not all engineers graduated from Georgia Tech).
    4. How fast can I make my car? Money=Speed-the more money you spend on real motor parts (the stuff below the intake) the faster you go (do you really think a “tornado” will improve gas mileage and add 10 more hp).
    5. What kind of air filter should I use? Whatever you bought-provided you follow number 1 above (just make sure it stops the dust from the GTO in front of you).
    6. What kind of oil filter should I use? Whatever you bought-provided you follow number 1 above. I use my hands to put it on and take it off, without the fancy tar on the end.
    7. What kind of tires should I use? See number 1 above. GM/Tire engineers collected large amounts of data and research about the kind/size of the tires on your car long before it came to market. Any time you change from the owners manual strange things like noise, rubbing, sliding down the road upside down, etc happen (remember, not all engineers graduated from Va. Tech and work for Firestone).
    8. What kind of plugs should I use? Whatever you bought-provided you follow number 1 above. After all, it’s the size of the gap that matters-like all things in life.
    9. What kind of fuel filter should I use? Whatever you bought-provided you follow number 1 above. Remember to also use Texaco/Shell gas, and put isopropyl alcohol anti-freeze, Marvel Mystery oil, and Techron fuel system cleaner in your tank 4 times a year. They keep the carbon deposits down, get the water out of the fuel, frees stuck things inside your motor, and makes the brown stuff inside your injectors/carburetor disappear (so you don’t have to use the “tornado”)
    10. What kind of wax should I use? Maguire’s-he really is a car guy, has a great show on Speed, and if you buy his stuff he’ll keep his show on Speed.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Consumers' Most Wanted Vehicles for 2004 Survey is posted and ready for your input!
  • 04gtsct04gtsct Member Posts: 1
    My XM radio crackled while driving and the XM Band no longer worked until I turned off the engine and restarted the engine. The second thing. While driving in the rain the wipers stopped working. Again I had to restart the engine for the wipers to work. Service Dept says there are no error codes and they do not have a clue. Anyone have this problem or have any answers to share. The stereo is a Monsoon brand
  • bhaley1bhaley1 Member Posts: 1
    hi i have a 2000 grand am. this morning when i went to start the car the heat wouldnt turn on. im guessing maybe the blower? any ideas? the car is not covered with a warrenty and i really have no cash to send to the dealer. thanks
  • free_bsdfree_bsd Member Posts: 9
    Has anyone been successful in quieting down the ticking sound on startup with the 3.4L engines; by using either Synthetic oil or some other “snake oil” additive?
  • phielixphielix Member Posts: 1
    My 99 Grand Am SE has a constant problem with the tail light fuse. It doesn't blow but pops out just enough to lose connection. I have had it tested and the amps are okay, checked/changed the headlight bulbs and checked wiring diagram. The headlight switch was giving me problems. I've changed the headlight switch and it corrected the problem for awhile but it is back again. Does anyone have any info on this? I continue to have to push the fuse back in for it to work. My fan has stopped working at level 1 and 2 and through reading this site I found someone corrected the problem with replacing a relay. Might that relay also affect the fuse for the taillights? Has anyone had problems similar to mine?
    Thanks.
  • ijennings1ijennings1 Member Posts: 67
    I hope a 3.4 V6 owner can help me here. I tried posting on the Alero site to no avail. Thanks in anticipation. Ian

My wife's April 02 Alero 3.4 has a problem with the Dexcool Antifreeze in the expansion tank. The car has done 36000 miles and each week when I check the expansion tank level, there is brown sludge on the base of the cap and at the top of the tank. I flushed the expansion tank and refilled with 50:50 solution as instructed of fresh Dexcool to no avail. As Dexcool is supposed to last for 150,00 miles or 5 years I'm confused. I've never used Dexcool before, surely this sludge should not happen. Can anyone help? There is no fluid loss by the way.
    to 36K take it back to the dealer and ask them if they will repair it under warranty,they know the drill.
  • nybill38nybill38 Member Posts: 12
    Listen to the cardoc on www.wor710.com on sunday mornings from 10 to noon eastern....replace that dexcool as soon as you can...that stuff is junk...replace it with the standard 50/50 antifreeze. Dexcool causes seal problems and that sludge you are speaking of is probably oil. This is a known problem especially on the 3.4
  • mikey00mikey00 Member Posts: 462
    I wouldn't be to quick to blame the Dexcool. There have been some known problems with certain engines and Dexcool (mostly due to radiator caps and their design placement) but the 3.4 in the Alero/GrandAm is not one of these. Remember GM uses Dexcool and although some are having problems, there are millions of cars on the road using it without any problems. A larger than expected number of Alero/GrandAm 3.4's do experience an intake manifold gasket leak problem. Again this doesn't mean that all Alero/GrandAm 3.4's will experience the leak. Usually the intake manifold leak will show up as Dexcool on the outside of the engine or on the floor. I guess oil could also leak back into the Dexcool and cause the sludge on the cap.
    My Alero 3.4 has 47K and 4 years on it now with the original Dexcool. I don't see any intake manifold gasket leak or sludge on the cap yet, but I will always keep an eye on it. Next year when I hit 5 years, I will have the engine flushed and new Dexcool installed for another 5.
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    From my readings, I believe that Dexcool isn't very forgiving to people with poor maintenace habits. It reacts differently when it is allowed to run low then traditional anti-freeze. Much of the deposits seen, land at the radiator cap, giving someone a biased view of the whole cooling system. Check the fliud level at fuel fills, like the book says. And have the cap check at regular servicing.
  • albundyalbundy Member Posts: 3
    hi,
    First I'd like to buy a coupe w/ std features only
    i don't need the performance package
    My target price is $16,000 (plus fees and tax)
    and I think I could get it.
    I was just quoted $17000 something after all the cashback and incentives but I think by July they'll be an extra hidden incentive in order to push the car out the door
    But I may have to order the car I want.
    When does production stop?
    I heard May and I heard end of July.
    The salesmen won't tell me of course.
    The Alero is a cheaper alternative..but I don't feel good about that car.
    The grand am and Alero are the only coupes in which I like the chassis.
  • 1000am1000am Member Posts: 1
    i am planning on turbocharging my 97 GA 2.4L. i was wondering if anyone has turbocharged their GA and had any pointers. right now i am going to use a garret super60 with a .48 AR on the turbine. i plan on using a top mounted intercoller and a small hood scoop to cool it. if anyone has hints or do's and/or do nots please share.
  • ijennings1ijennings1 Member Posts: 67
    Wait until the G6 comes out this year, then watch the Grand-Am price drop like stone and get a deal bearing in mind that your Grand-Am will have not so good residuals when you come to sell it.
    I understand your comments about the Alero as that will have the same problem with residuals as Olds is being phased out of course. But, you can get a great deal on the Alero V6 now. We bought one for my wife. 15 months old, 20,000 miles for $10700 (factory warranty too). Inevitably it was an ex-rental, but we are very pleased with it. We had a 2.4 Grand-Am prior to that (1996), my wife loved that car too.
  • fast68fast68 Member Posts: 6
    all of a sudden for no reason at all the injectors have stopped injecting fuel,

we just recently installed new fuel pump and spark plug wires and spark plugs and fuel filter, and we have pressure in the intake fuel rail and very strong spark at the plugs,

this car always ran excellent and it just died and hasnt ran since, is not injecting fuel so we are now stumped, maybe its the cam sensor ?
    we ruled out failure of crank sensor since it is receiving spark at proper times and is a hot blue spark.

i was told if resistance is wrong in one of the injectors then that none will get signal from ECM to fire, is this true ?

thanks for anything i appreciate it

fastr68@yahoo.com
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    is an open invitation to have your inbox flooded with spam.

It's far better to just make your email address public in your profile and invite folks to check it. Members have to be logged in to see other members' profiles and that fact hides the information from the spam bots.

Just a suggestion...
  • albundyalbundy Member Posts: 3
    Hi thanks for the response
    Yeah..but I only want a black coupe
    that may be hard to locate in the Tri-state area
    They may give me a better deal on a different color just to get it off the lot, but I'll turn it down.
    I spoke to the salesman, he said..alright i'll call you back in June, he explained he'd be making about $75 commission at the least, but a sale is a sale.
    He said he could take about $1000 off the MSRP
    Okay...So July is a good time to buy , not June..I'm afriad the incentives will vanish
  • mrspongebobmrspongebob Member Posts: 3
    I bought a used 1993 Pontiac Grand Am Se, 115,000 original miles, six months ago for $2000. Once I bought the car, I spent $1,000 for
    new tires, allignment, and other accessories because I had to travel 200 miles to a different state. The car drove pretty good, except at the highway toll, the engine stops running and I had to start the engine to have the car running again.
    Afterwards, I wanted to return back to my original state, so I took my car to the mechanic to have this problem fixed. He changed the brakes, shocks, sensors for gears, complete tuning, oil change,
    etc, etc, and charged me more than $1400 for parts and labor. Now, the car problem that I orginally had is even worse. Now when I stop at the toll, the engine turns off, and after I start the engine and the moment I put the car in the gear, the engine turns off again and it continues unless I put my left foot on the brake, and right foot on the gas, and give a lot of gas at the same time that I change the gear to drive, while slowly releasing the brake. Then the car zooms forward and then it runs normally until the next toll on the highway, or at any other stop, hense I have to drive the car on the right lane only.
    I can also correct this problem by putting the car in reverse gear
    while one foot is on the gas, and the other is on the brake, for
    even an inch, and the problem gets corrected.
    If the car is driven on the highway for more than 50 miles per hour,
    even for couple of minutes, this problem occurs because it thinks
    that it is at the highest gear and that's why if I reduce the speed to
    5 miles per hour, it starts giving jerks and eventually, the engine
    turns off. Could you advise me on how to get this problem fixed.
    Other than that, the car drives exceptionally well, and the car looks
    pretty brand new.

Your help is greatly appreciated,
  • polysaturate04polysaturate04 Member Posts: 1
    I currently have a 92 chev cavalier wagon that had that pronlem with the gear locking and the engine shutting off. What the problem is (and i guess its a older gm cars) is that the relay for the auxilary drive is bad. The aux. drive kicks in once the car is warmed up and is travaling more than 40 mph. When i got the part its was pretty cheap and a quik mechanic fix. Hope this helped you and if it doesnt u cant say i didnt try...lol..
    -peace out
    Wow, this board has really gone dead. Anyway, about three weeks ago my 99 SE1 was rear ended (hard) on the I405 in SoCal by a new minivan with an unattentive driver. The damage was extensive (front and rear) and the insurance totalled the car. So I started looking for something else, at first at late model used. I really couldn't find anything I liked, so I used Buy Power and ended up with a new GT1 with Appearance Package PCH (chrome alloy wheels, leather interior, XM radio)
    at $19,012 (this includes all rebates) before tax, fees, registration. White with dark gray interior, 4 dr sedan.
    There's a lot of good competition out there, but I tried it and even though they advertise more refined higher HP under the hood, they still don't have the low end grunt that the old OHV V6 does. It reminded me of driving my old 2.8L 280SE Mercedes, it will move but you have to keep your foot in it. I don't buy this complaint about no manual option available with the V6. It just doesn't seem necessary with the performance of automatics today, at least on the road.
    It's my third GA (still have the 95!)and I know it won't be completely problem free, but then what isn't?
    I looked the GTO over real hard (impressive), but at 41K (5K dealer mark up!)it just wasn't a viable daily driver for me.
  • dojahsmokerdojahsmoker Member Posts: 1
    I own a '99 Grand Am SE 4 door with a 3.4 liter V6 engine. I have no Idea on what different parts I need to soup up my car. So far I've looked up performance chips, Intakes and performance accessory catalogs. I can't find any catalogs focusing on pontiac's. The performance chips seem cool but I'd really appreciate any advise on choosing a good one. That also goes the same for any good intakes. If anyone knows about other parts to beef up my car please let me know. I basically want to make a list of what parts I can have (no matter how small and insignificant they may be). I can figure out how to install them later. Please e-mail any helpful hints and info to dojahsmoker420@yahoo.com.. Thank You.
  • buggywhipbuggywhip Member Posts: 188
    albundy, I strongly suggest that you look at the Alero coupe instead of the Grand Am. It's basically the same car. I bought a brand-new base Alero GX coupe 5-speed stick for under $13k. It's a real stripper but it has a/c, cruise, and a CD player. The 2.2L engine is adequate and the gearbox is quite accurate and slick.
  • nickpernickper Member Posts: 28
    I have a 1996 Gd Am with the center-mounted stop lamp in the upper center of the rear window. One of the two brake bulbs is out and I want to know how to get the casing off to replace them. I tried pulling it a couple of ways, but I felt like I may rip the whole assembly off the roof.

Anyone know how to do this?... Thanks, nickper.
  • deb789deb789 Member Posts: 2
    How do i change my heater core? I did a bypass on my car. Can i still use my air conditoner since i changed this heater core. Also is it expensive to change the heater core? Please help!!
  • kingspongebobkingspongebob Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. When you got the part, which was pretty cheap, which part did you buy. Also, what is the total cost for the part, and installation of the part. I really really appreciate your reply, thanks in advance.
  • kingspongebobkingspongebob Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. When you got the part, which was pretty cheap, which part did you buy. Also, what is the total cost for the part, and installation of the part. I really really appreciate your reply, thanks in advance.

Original message:
    "I bought a used 1993 Pontiac Grand Am Se, 115,000 original miles, six
    months ago for $2000. Once I bought the car, I spent $1,000 for
    new tires, allignment, and other accessories because I had to travel
    200 miles to a different state. The car drove pretty good, except
    at the highway toll, the engine stops running and I had to start
    the engine to have the car running again.
    Afterwards, I wanted to return back to my original state, so I took
    my car to the mechanic to have this problem fixed. He changed
    the brakes, shocks, sensors for gears, complete tuning, oil change,
    etc, etc, and charged me more than $1400 for parts and labor. Now, the car problem that I orginally had is even worse. Now when I stop at the toll, the engine turns off, and after I start the engine and the moment I put the car in the gear, the engine turns off again and it continues unless I put my left foot on the brake, and right foot on the gas, and give a lot of gas at the same time that I change the gear to drive, while slowly releasing the brake. Then the car zooms forward and then it runs normally until the next toll on the highway, or at any other stop, hense I have to drive the car on the right lane only.
    I can also correct this problem by putting the car in reverse gear
    while one foot is on the gas, and the other is on the brake, for
    even an inch, and the problem gets corrected.
    If the car is driven on the highway for more than 50 miles per hour,
    even for couple of minutes, this problem occurs because it thinks
    that it is at the highest gear and that's why if I reduce the speed to
    5 miles per hour, it starts giving jerks and eventually, the engine
    turns off. Could you advise me on how to get this problem fixed.
    Other than that, the car drives exceptionally well, and the car looks
    pretty brand new.
    "

"Reply to #1782 of 1788 Re: Pontiac engine turns off when waiting to pay toll on highway! [mrspongebob #1781] by polysaturate04 Apr 21, 2004 (12:08 am)
    I currently have a 92 chev cavalier wagon that had that pronlem with the gear locking and the engine shutting off. What the problem is (and i guess its a older gm cars) is that the relay for the auxilary drive is bad. The aux. drive kicks in once the car is warmed up and is travaling more than 40 mph. When i got the part its was pretty cheap and a quik mechanic fix. Hope this helped you and if it doesnt u cant say i didnt try...lol..
    -peace out
    "
    >>Thank you for your reply. When you got the part, which was pretty cheap, which part did you buy. Also, what is the total cost for the part, and installation of the part. I really really appreciate your reply, thanks in advance.<<

What this guy was talking about was the TCC solenoid, Torque Converter Clutch.I don't remember the price but not bad, you have to remove the side cover of the transmission to access it. Not good on prices I do my own work but $150 sticks in my mine for trans shop.Hope this helps.
  • tiberius797tiberius797 Member Posts: 1
    We own a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT
    The low coolant light came on. So we added the drexcool antifreeze. While driving a couple days later...I pulled into a gas station and noticed all this antifreeze coming out of my car. It was coming from the resevior overflow hose. I haven't taken the car to a mechanic yet but I am wondering why this is happening...any sugestions?
    Hi

Have a 2001 Grand Am SE with the 3.4 V6, the other day the HVAC fan quit working on settings 1-4 but works on the highest setting. Any idea's what this could be? Switch? Fuse?

Thanks
    Bill
    A fuse would have taken out the entire HVAC controls and probably more stuff. The only things that I can think of are the switch or the fan motor. I am sure both of which are expensive. You can try to replace the fuse, but I highly doubt that it would work. I suggest that you take your vehicle to a reputable dealer and pray for the cheapest and easiset answer possible.
    Thanks for the info

Unfortunatly this is the 2nd time its gone out on me, I can't remember what it was the first time it was a warranty repair and I can't find the paperwork. Its well out of warranty now mileage wise now...I can do without the A/C its not something we think about much here in northern NY.