Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler LHS

Comments

• Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    mugwump2-

Thanks for the correction. I was just repeating what was said in the other forum.

fastdriver
  • Options
    mcgreenxmcgreenx Member Posts: 179
    Thanks for the inpute. The link worked and I will try to find the module when I get my LHS, which should be within the next 4 weeks.
  • Options
    Interesting results from research/negotiations on a 1999 and 2000 LHS. The 1999 is offered at $2000 under invoice (the amount of the cash-to- dealer incentive), plus an additional $1000 off for a coupon sent to former Chrysler owners (which I am not) and some people who requested info on the LHS over the Internet (which I did). HOWEVER, Chrysler has subsidized ("program") leases on 2000 model cars, but no program leases on 1999s. So the 36 month lease cost for a 2000, car for car (except the 2000 has the 4 disk in-dash CD changer), is $30/month LESS than a 1999! In very round numbers, $30/month is equal to about $1000 reduction in cap cost, which means the 2000 lease capitalized cost is the equivalent of $4000 less than invoice, compared to the $3000 less than invoice for a 1999 model car!!! (Or $2000 less than invoice if you don't have the $1000 coupon.) Moral of story seems to be to get a 2000 car if you want to lease an LHS, and get a 1999 if you want to buy (but evaluate the relative cost of buying both cars to determine if the more costly 2000 is worth the difference to you).
  • Options
    Additional item of interest on the DRL LHS issue: A dealer told me they have been advised by Chrysler that they can only order the $40 DRL option on 2000 fleet cars, at least for the time being. Doesn't make any sense, but there is no reason for them to lie, since we are talking about an "ordered" car, not an excuse about why an in-stock car doesn't have the module.
  • Options
    charlesfcharlesf Member Posts: 28
    What is going on with the LHS?
    I just read the following information over at www.allpar.com. Production of the following 2000 models: Intrepid 45%, Concordes 25%, 300m's 20% & LHS's 10%. I called my local dealer last week and asked him if he had any 200 model LHS in yet and he said he had not ordered any of them. I rented a 1999 LHS from Dollar Car Rental for two days last week and my wife and I thought it was a great car. We are going to buy a new car soon and we wanted to try it out with out salesman bothering us. We drove it for 400 miles in all kinds of driving, freeway, mountains, backroads and lots of LA traffic.
  • Options
    pepe5pepe5 Member Posts: 16
    In two more weeks at the most dealers are going to have the new LHS.About your local dealer,don´t trust him,I can see he has not been honest with you,the truth is what you read,and as a Chrysler dealer he MUST have LHS for sale.
    Maybe he said that to you because he was out of LHS,and wanted to sell you another car.
    Please try another dealer,the LHS is a great car,if you wait for the new one to come,and buy it you will love it,many improvments had been made to the new one.
    In my opinion the bright silver looks sharp.
  • Options
    pepe, I have noticed every dealer I go to has 99 LHS's setting in there lots. I guess that should tell me something. I really want to hang on and buy 2000 model. If you have seen them how about giving me a run down on what is new.

My wife and I test drove a 2000 model 300m today and we saw a bright silver. You are right it is sharp looking. The car is for my wife and she gets a little testy if I start making to many suggestions. If living with the gal for 47yrs. I have learned to bite my tongue. No wonder the dam thing is sore all the time.
  • Options
    About the only difference I can see is the 4 CD in-dash changer and the daylight running lights. Someone wrote the gearshift handle was different, but it didn't seem changed in the Y2K 300M I saw. The silver is new and Platinum is gone. There may be under-the-skin changes, but nothing I could see. The LHS list has been reduced to make the 300M $1,000 more than the LHS, because of supply and demand, I'm sure. If you are leasing, the 2000 Chrysler Financial lease is subsidized, so you can lease it for less than a 1999!!! Don't let you dealer tell you otherwise. But buying the '99 is a little cheaper. Question is, is the differential worth the added depreciation?
  • Options
    tlott1tlott1 Member Posts: 1
    In regards to the $2000 dealer incentive until 10/4, why hasn't the Dailmer/Chrysler site listed the incentive yet? Thanks, tlott
  • Options
    Buying a 2000 is a better decision,it is a new model,it is has been improved,plus the 99 is already one year old.
    In my opinion it pays if the new one is more expensive.
  • Options
    Besides you can still go to any dealer,and he can order to the factory a special car built just for you,you can have it built the way YOU like it,instead of buying what the dealer has in stock,or what he ordered to the factory,according what HE likes.
    And believe me it is true,if a dealer tells you,it is impossible, he is not telling you the truth.You only have to take a brochure and select what you want,it takes between 4 and 6 weeks to have the car specially built for you in your hands.
  • Options
    tomjobetomjobe Member Posts: 6
    My '99 lhs is two weeks old and has been perfect. I waited for th 2000 and drove it. the only difference is a chrome ring around the windows, removed the chrysler emblem on the rear door, the 4 cd changer and the chromed plastic buttons inside. They are not shipping 2000 with sun roof because of a shortage. i took the 99 because i liked it better than the 2000s on the lots and i got almost 6000 off sticker.
  • Options
    smallwood1smallwood1 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 99 LHS last weekend and I love it! I went to the Chrysler/Dodge dealer to get an Intrepid, but fell in love with the LHS. I was ill when I saw the $349/3year lease on the Chrysler web site though. My 99 lease was a little more than that!
  • Options
    I can't get the "low lease rate button" on the Chrysler site to work. Can you tell be what it says, or give me the URL when you get to that site? Maybe that will work for me. I am interested in the 2000 36 month lease rate.
  • Options
    vlovskyvlovsky Member Posts: 1
    tomjobe,
    Good deal ($6k under sticker). What promotions did you use to ???
  • Options
    david53david53 Member Posts: 11
    I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a 99 LHS with all options except the smokers group and the cold weather group.....so it has the upgraded radio, sunroof, chrome wheels and full spare with matching wheel....MSRP $31,420. I can't seem to get the price below $27,500....is this a good deal?....Any negotiating help would be appreciated!
  • Options
    Buy the 2000,it is going to be cheaper,and it is a better buy,the 99 is already one model year old.
  • Options
    rhb1rhb1 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the same situation with the same options if the dealer had said $27,500. I would have already bought, instead they are playing the dealer game. I know better and was frustrated the other day after the dealer started the ritual. I am also torn between the idea of getting a good deal and the fact that the 2000 is now (about $800 cheaper) pepe5 may be right.

I won't really use the moon roof and the rims are nice looking but way over priced. Only option I really like the idea of is the radio with 4 CD in dash. I know you can buy the 2000 at invoice or a little over. My only problem is having some kind of relationship with the dealer. I wonder though if DC has done anything to fix or upgrade the quality of the window motor, many posts have discussed the problem, same with trim coming lose and pressure adjustments of the transmission. So the question is are they learning and improving the product. It would be nice to say if we bought the 2000 those problems would not occur.
  • Options
    Don't worry about your relationship with the dealer. He won't sell the car at a loss, the only question is how much he will make, and he will be happy to have you as a service customer.

I think the reason that there are so few (if any) 2000s delivered is that they are a better buy than the 1999. If there were 2Ks all over the lot, they would have to discount the '99s even more.

BTW, I doubt if the window motors or switch problem has been "solved," the problem, whatever it is, is a matter of DC's quality control over their suppliers. At some point they will realize that the dissemination of adverse information over the Internet, on boards like this one, causes them more lost dollars (in sales) than paying for higher quality components. It's purely a matter of $$$ to them. If people will put up with problems like the "phantom power window," they will never fix it.
  • Options
    Just for your info. the supplier of the power windows,is the same that makes business with,GM,FORD,NISSAN,just to mention some,AND the motors are the same,they change very little sometimes from the outside,(mount holes).

The problem should be long ago solved,because Chrysler charges every dollar spent because of any defective part to the supplier,and that goes to all and every supplier in the world.I witness that.
  • Options
    I doubt if there is only one supplier of power window motors in the world, and if whoever DC uses can't deliver, there are others who can, if DC is willing to pay for it. Look at the quality control that Toyota and Honda insist on and get from their suppliers. Even if the suppliers absorb the cost, the issue is the same: it may be cheaper for the supplier to pay for replacements than to manufacture 100% perfect devices. But perhaps the DC problem is in the switches or controls.
  • Options
    solarijoesolarijoe Member Posts: 18
    I've read that Chrysler will be offering an optional touring suspension on the Y2K LHS. Is there any information available on the setup, (e.g. wheels, tires, springs, etc) or the cost?
  • Options
    The MSRP on the 99 LHS I am considering is $31,720, not $31,420 as I stated in my previous post....the invoice cost is $29,062. Therefore, the $27,500 I was offered is $1,562 under invoice. I realize that there is a $2,000 dealer incentive, which is how they are making their $438, but the point is that the same deal could not be made on a model 2000, which doesn't carry the same incentive. Combine that with 0.9% financing for up to 60 months.....it's hard to pass up.....I guess it makes sense to buy the 2000 if you can afford to pay more, but this deal is stretching things as it is.......
  • Options
    pappy75pappy75 Member Posts: 1
    Hey david53, is that a local incentive, or where are you getting .9% finance. Looking to close deal tonight, immediate response would be appreciated...
  • Options
    I think that the .9% rate is only available in the northeast - I'm in Mass. and I know that New Hampshire has it too. I was in New Orleans last weekend and was perusing the car ads and didn't see Chrysler offering it there. Good luck closing your deal!
  • Options
    Test drove the aforementioned LHS last night with all intentions of buying.....but had a less than positive experience.....first of all, the engine seemed to be a little rough....then I thought that there was more road noise than other LHS's I had test-driven....and lastly I noticed that the rear door on the passenger's side didn't close flush to the body of the car. I asked what kind of fuel they had in the car, and the answer was 87 octane, which might account for the engine roughness. It could also be that the road noise was all in my head, that it was no noiser than other LHS's. The door concerns me, however. First of all, can this be easily adjusted to fit correctly? What are the chances that this is a symptom of a poorly put together car? Could the door thing account for the road noise? (It didn't sound like the noise was coming from that direction - it was more from the driver's window area).....any help or opinions on the above concerns would be greatly appreciated....they told me they are going to adjust the door, and check out the engine and the rest of the car, so that I can take another test drive before I decide......
  • Options
    david53, All I use in our 300 is 87 octane so I don't think that is the problem. Maybe you should do some more test driving of othe LHS's. I dove a few before we bought our 300 and none of them had those symptoms and the bodies and doors fit good. We even went as far as renting a LHS for an over nite trip from Dollar Car Rental so we could check one out without being bothered by salesman. I still think if it had been my decision we would have bought a LHS but the car was for my wife. I like the back of the LHS better than the 300.
    Good luck with your choice.
  • Options
    That should read drove, I haven't dove any LHS's lately.
  • Options
    jmqidocjmqidoc Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased my 94 LHS very happy with what I have.
    It has 73K, recently it started to display the dashboard gas tank empty light on. That is fantastic if it were true, the tank is 3/4 full. At a stop light the gage will drop from showing 3/4 full to empty and the overhead DTE will show -0- only when I put my foot on the gas to start will the gage resume to normal position.
    I contacted the dealership, they said it will start at $77 just to look at it. This is not even to begin to correct it. Hopefully it is something I can take care of myself.

I am not experiencing any mechanical difficulties but don't want to either.
    Any ideas on what this could be? or What can be done?
  • Options
    rhb1rhb1 Member Posts: 3
    I did not buy yet but dealer did come down on LHS with same options you were looking at to 27709. I offered the 27,500 but would buy at 27609 If they include extra key. But I am wondering - dealer mentioned that dealer incentive was going to be changed to customer cash on 20 Sep. I have not seen that anywhere else. Nor do know the amount. Edmunds mentions 2000 - 2500 as the dealer incentive. I don't know what makes the difference. If I can't work a deal will order a 2000 with only the radio upgrade. I have seen a couple of invoices it seems the advertising is a two entry item on the invoice. I believe it was 200. and 260. The dealer invoice was 29,610 on a MSRP of 31,740 so he said he was selling at invoice minuw the 2K dealer incentive. Wanted to then add $99.00 for the salesman. If you do buy what price are you going to buy at?
  • Options
    jambi2jambi2 Member Posts: 5
    A local dealer here in Connecticut is advertising a '99 at $4,000 off of sticker. It must be a base model with no extras, as the sale price was a little under $25,600. Base invoice is $26,500, so it looks like they still would be making over a grand on the deal given the $2K dealer incentive.
  • Options
    jackdoejackdoe Member Posts: 1
    I test drove a 300M and after about 30 minutes my butt and the tops of my leg hurt. I noticed that if I pushed at the rear of the seat (the "sitting" part - not the back) I could actually feel the bars/tracks that run down either side (yeah, I had to press kind of hard). I am 6'3" and weigh 240lbs and I was thinking that over the length of my test drive, the seat foam must have compressed enough to enable me to actually feel like I was riding on those two bars (from about 6-8 inches from the front of the seat to the back). Note that the first 25 minutes were leading me to a "buy" decision and then all of a sudden - bang, I thought that this car may literally be a pain in the butt.

Anyway, I am interested in finding out if ANY other LHS or 300M drivers experience(d) the same problem (since the seats are the same). Yeah, I am also torn between the LHS and 300M but am leaning more toward the LHS. I've even went as far as making a call to a Recaro seat distributor to see if I could get a new seat that would fit (still awaiting to find out if they have a mounting bracket). I just wonder if I am one of those people who happen to be an "outlier" on the bell-curve distribution of ergonomics or if there really is a design flaw in the nice-looking leather seats. I am posting this because today on the way into work, I noticed a nice new 300M and the drivers seat had an additional "back-saver" cushion that provided additional padding for the butt side of the seat as well as the back and I thought ---- I wonder if other people have this problem and what they do about it. Responses would be appreciated. Thanks!!
  • Options
    Since my last post, I discovered a much better deal, it seems. Found a dealer who is discounting $5,000 off MSRP for a 99 LHS and $4,000 off on a 99 300M. Specifics: 99 LHS, including upgraded radio, moonroof, and chrome wheels; sticker $31,355, sale price $26,355!! Plus 0,9% financing!!.......Also, 300M, radio, roof, chrome wheels, and full spare with matching wheel; sticker $31,720, sale price $27,720!! Again, with the 0,9% financing....how can I go wrong?...These cars are just not selling in the Northeast....what am I missing?????....anyway, I have to decide which model I want the most.....the LHS is by far the best deal, although I like the better handling of the 300M. Also, I hate the fact that the front license plate frame is already installed...I only have a rear plate...it completely spoils the look of the front grill.....I would appreciate anyone's comments as to the relative merits of one model over the other.....I need help deciding!!!! Thanks in advance!!
  • Options
    The call on which car to get is really going to come down to which car YOU like best. They both a good cars. It is a personal decision. During the buying process I told the salesmanager I did not want the front license bracket put on the car. When we got home there that damn thing was staring back at me. I got out my screwdriver and removed it on the spot. A week later the dealer called to ask how things were going with the car and I unloaded on the poor guy. They have ordered some plugs that will match the paint and will put them in.

Good luck on which ever car you decide on.
  • Options
    In case you didn't notice, the 2000 prices are posted on Edmunds, Cars.com and Carprices.com. The daylight running lights are shown as an option only on the Carprices site, but not the others. I was told by a dealer that they could only be ordered as a fleet option, for some reason.
  • Options
    A few days ago, I posted (#80)the Chrysler terms from their site for the 300M and LHS "program" leases. The LHS fine print said it was based on, among other things, "application of $1,000 consumer lease cash," and I asked what that meant. No one else knew, or at least no one
    responded, but interestingly, when I checked back
    there today, I found the fine print had changed,
    or, more accurately it seems, been corrected! I
    guess that language didn't mean anything, because
    they deleted it.

OLD LANGUAGE: [brackets added to highlight deleted
    text.]

.....Total : $2,198.89 includes down payment of
    $1,500, first month's payment of $348.89 and
    refundable security deposit of $350.00 monthly
    payments of $348.89 [__after application of $1,000
    consumer lease cash__]. Participating dealers only.
    Assumes $1,170 dealer
    participation.....

NEW LANGUAGE:

....Total : $2,198.89 includes down payment of
    $1,500, first month's payment of $348.89 and
    refundable security deposit of $350.00 monthly
    payments of $348.89. Participating dealers only.
    Assumes $1,170 dealer participation.....
  • Options
    mcgreenx-

Did you ever doubt that Chrysler people read these posts? I'm sure they know EXACTLY what is going on. Will it make a difference? Time will tell.

fastdriver
  • Options
    Saw my first 2K LHS today and picked up a Chrysler line brochure (someone had asked if they are available). Didn't have individual car brochures, 300M, LHS, etc. (Yes, it had a hole in the roof.) They've apparently delivered many 300M's, but this is the first gen-u-ine 2K I've actually seen with my own eyeballs.

I can't understand the compulsion carmakers have to ruin a good thing. The shiny chrome window trim really cheapens the car. I wish they would confine their changes to real improvements and leave well enough alone. Wish I knew what goes on in their little brains.
  • Options
    gbed-

Did you CALL your State Consumer Protection Department? I would speak to them in person and explain the circumstances. Just out of curiosity- is Cutrubus Motors a "5-STAR" dealer?

Try this link even though I think you have this info- http://www.commerce.state.ut.us/conpro/lemonlaw.htm Then follow it up with a call. Good luck.

fastdriver
  • Options
    jhill052jhill052 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering an LHS. Does anyone know if the suspension is the same on the LHS as the Concorde LXi?

Also, on price my dealer said he would sell it to me at invoice and I get .9% financing. Sound good?
  • Options
    Do what mr. Fastdriver told you,and CALL CHRYSLER,your sales manager must be crazy,do not take back that car again,if you have to go to court do it!
    Is your car a 99 or a 2000,because some cars have a cam problem,and Chrysler told dealers NOT to sell them,if your car is one of those your dealer is in trouble now.

Please fight back,you deserve a much better solution,if the sales manager needs money,tell him he will not have yours,go to the dealer´s showroom,and tell every customer what happened to you,then see the managers face,don´t let them make a sale until they give you a new car,they can have your´s like a demo.

Call chrysler several times until they treat you as you deserve.

The best luck to you,but please fight those miserables back!!

P.S Don´t take your car even if they put a new engine on it,and if you can BLOCK them the service dept. Try to make a big scandal,they will beg for some mercy from you,don´t be afraid,JUST DO IT.
    That sales manager deserves to be without a job.
  • Options
    gbed,

I agree with everything pepe5 has suggested. Please let us know how you make out.
  • Options
    I asked the same question somewhere around here and was told that the Concorde and LHS suspensions are identical, but the PHP suspension on the 300M is different, presumably to give it "sportier" handling.
  • Options
    gbed-

AT least you didn't sit idly by. MAKE SURE YOU DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Keep a "diary" of everything that happens- who you spoke to, what they said, the dates, the times etc. Just like customer service does when you call them. Have you ever heard them typing away like crazy as you speak? They must be like court stenographers. When and IF the car has to go back to the dealer for any warranty work, make sure to check the repair order slip to see what they wrote down. DON'T forget to get your copy of the form. Keep everything in a file in your house, NOT in the car!

As for Cutrubus Motors being a "5-STAR" dealer, you can't miss it! They have STARS everywhere starting with the doors into the showroom! I just went to their website to check it out. NO 5 stars there! A rather blah website IMHO as far as car websites go with that ugly green background.

Good luck with the new engine. Maybe this will be the last of your problems. Keep us informed.

fastdriver
  • Options
    Yes,the ,lemon law does not apply in this case,but listen to us don´t take back your car with the new engine,Chysler must give you a new one,try harder,give them hell every minute,go to the showroom abs service dept.and speak to potential customers.I don´t telling you your car is not going to be ok with the new engine,but I didn´t like at all what they said to you and what the sales manager offer you,send him to hell,tell him you gave them good, real, and HONEST money.
    Tell him you are going to say it to every single customer at his dealership,show him you have BALLS!

Please fight,they will hear you,they won´t let it go further,I can understand it was a matter of bad luck,but they shouldn´t treat you like they did,make the days to Chrysler rep. and the dealer miserable.

I´m sorry about it,it is just I feel very bad about it,please let us know how things are going,and why don´t you asked them for a loaner,tell them you need a car,and when you have it,never gave it back until you are COMPLETELY satisfied with what you want and need,if they don´t like it,let a judge decide what they did to you.

GOOD LUCK.
  • Options
    taffy2taffy2 Member Posts: 7
    in the 300m topic, an owner was offered a new car by the dealer because he moticed a ripple in the sheet metal aft of the rear door. i would not take a re-engined vehicle but request a new one. check with your state consumer protection board,and the better business bureau. for a vehicle as new as yours and considering the type of failure,the engine, you should receive a new vehicle and not a re-engined one. good luck, and let us know how you make out.
  • Options
    gbed-

I FORGOT about the "soft cam" problem with the new Chryslers. MAYBE your car was one that slipped out BEFORE Chrysler was aware of the problem. When they were aware of this issue they recalled or stopped shipment of these models. This may be an issue that you CAN persue.

Maybe someone else here with some connections to Chrysler, come you dealers and execs who are reading this, can help out here. I'm sure they wouldn't want any of THEIR family members to end up with a brand new car that had to have a new engine put in after a week or whatever time period it was!

fastdriver
  • Options
    paulcarlpaulcarl Member Posts: 3
    Help!
    I need a new car to replace my 95 Aurora. I liked all the features of the Aurora including 4 door, 250hp, styling and creature comforts. As a rule, I don't buy the same car twice. I like the LHS/300M
    styling and features alot. Buy after reading all the bad press on Chrysler, is it wise to buy future problems. The new Bonneville is a beauty inside and under the hood, but outside styling sucks. Anyone got some good advice on this??

TBONE
  • Options
    In the post #99 I wrote about the cam problems in those engines,if you read it,I asked you what model year is your car,because of the cam problem,so you better go to another dealer and ask the service manager about the warning sent by chrysler to all dealers,telling them NOT to sell those cars,see if the serial number of your car falls into that "warning bulletin".and if it does as I mention to you before your dealer is in big trouble now with Chrysler,and with you.
    I just wish you luck,I would really want to see your car listed in that warning,then Chrysler HAS to give you a new one,plus something juicy for the inconveniences
  • Options
    By the 2000 LHS,it is a sharp looking car,it is cheaper than the 300M,you have more legroom,a better trunk,and in my opinion it is more unique,and more beautiful.