Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick LeSabre

Comments

• macarthur2macarthur2 Member Posts: 135
    My 2000 LeSabres owners manual says 30psi. This car has the 16" tire option without handling package. Being a person who seems to favor handling why not just pump them to 35psi which is the factory maximum on most good radial tires these days. Firms up the ride a bit and also gives a slight gas mileage boost. Makes a nice difference if you favor handling over ride. The newer 2000/2001 ride a bit firmer than your 96 right out of the factory. For those who love the pillow soft ride please ignore me. :-)
  • vtech83vtech83 Member Posts: 66
    Amazing, isn't it??? If you think your 96 handles well, you should check out the newer models. They're even tighter. I've driven both with the GT suspension and the new generation LeSabre is hands down better. I think Buick is finally starting to get it.

At some point, my plan is to finish the work Buick started. The GT suspension should include 17-inch wheels and tires and well as solid sway bars instead of the hollow ones they provide. This combination should improve the handling even more. Wheels and tires will be easy to find, but adding parts such as sway bars, strut braces, and struts will be more difficult. After all, who makes performance parts for a Buick LeSabre!

Enjoy! Driving a Buick can be fun.

Mike
    2001 LeSabre Limited
    Medium Red Pearl, Taupe Interior
    Every once in a while, I'll try a new product to see how good it really is. Blue Corral Car Wash is the real deal!

They claim that you won't need to dry your car at all after using this stuff. I was a little skeptical about that, but let me tell you, there was hardly any water left on my car after I was done. It only took a few minutes with a terry cloth towel to get the rest of the water up.

Wash a section at a time and then rinse off with a stream of water (don't use any spray attachment). Once you have washed the whole car, rinse it all again with a stream of water. Wait a few minutes and most of the water is gone.

I've used a dozen different car washes before, including the stream of water trick to minimize beading water on the car. Nothing I have used works as well as Blue Corral. It also helps if your car has a good coat of carnuba on it.

Check it out. Should be available at most auto stores.

Mike
  • nick01nick01 Member Posts: 84
    My first buick was a 1956 buick century, back in 1959. I was 20 yrs old and loved those big cars. All my buddys loved it and it was fast for those times.
    For those who think buick is just for old fuddy-duddys, they'll have to explain why it was the best selling full size car for 7 yrs in a row during the '90's. And the Regal's didnt do bad either. I put in many an overtime hour on those regal and lasabre assymbly lines. Lots of week-ends and 12 hr days. Somebody really liked the 92-99 buicks. I was one of those that liked them.
    For those of you that love the buick but dont have the h-d suspension, here is what I did and it worked well. My '98 LaSabre was only 2yrs old and had 17000 miles on it. The factory struts were still in good condition. I didnt like the bonce or porpoising I got on uneven pavement or intersections. So I took it to Midas and had them install Heavy-Duty Gas Struts on the front only.
    It took out most of the bonce and all of the porpoising. Best $250.00 I ever spent. The car drove, handled, and road much better.
    Nick
    Just a thought here, no one does make performance parts for LeSabres but LOTS of people make performance parts for Pontiac Bonneville----same chassis. HMMM heavy duty stuff should exchange just about straight across the board. Doesn't Pontiac have like three suspensions? Standard, handling pkg and kidney breakers??. Might be worth checking at local Pontiac house??
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    Welcome to the "old timer's" club! I'm 46 now too - and have a few gray hairs to prove it. I drive a 2000 Bonneville, not a Buick, but still the full sized GM 3.8L highway cruiser.

There's nothing like the riding comfort of these road cars and the gas mileage on the 3.8 can easily beat those Camcords and Maximas. Best wishes with your car - I hope you find the answer to your question . You may wish to ask it in a few other GM forums as well - maybe Regal, Impala, Intrigue, Bonneville.

Ken
    Maybe it is a dented line from the transmission to the transmission cooler (the lower radiator) When the fluid is cold it may make a noise as it squeezes through the restriction, but when it warms up and thins out it passes through quietly. Now that is a shot in the dark if there ever was one.
  • stan13stan13 Member Posts: 14
    Has anyone experienced a high pitched whistle or whine emanating from the alternator (2000 LeSabre)and had it successfully dealt with by the dealer?
    I've had two replacements and so far to no avail. The whistle/whine persists. Any suggestions or success stories would be welcome. The dealer has pronounced this annoyance "normal".
    I think mine may have the same problem. Happens around 3000RPM. I'm not sure what the sound is, but I've driven cars with the 3.8 in it before and I've never heard a whining sound like I'm getting.

I'm going in for the 6000 checkup next week and I'll have the dealer look at it. If I get a good answer, I'll let you know. I don't believe that this sound is normal.

Stan13: Does you car make the sound at any particular RPM level???

Mike
    2001 LeSabre Limited
    Medium Red, Taupe Interior
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    I know some of you H-body breatheren visit us over on the Bonneville discussion boards, so you might be interested in this. I've noticed a distinct lack of "home-grown" web sites devoted to our cars. There's Grand Prix, Impala, and even Alero, but not much on the LeSabre and Bonneville. So I got motivated yesterday and put together a site of my own. Just for fun, really. So I'd like to invite everyone to check out what I've done so far. You will notice that there isn't much on the LeSabre yet, me being a Bonnie guy, but I'm hoping some of you can contribute (vtech?). What I'd like in particular are the VIN breakdown and RPO codes so I can put together a page with those. One of you must have the service manual! Anyway, let me know what you think (constructive criticism only, please), and keep in mind that this is a work in progress. Thanks!

http://h_body.home.att.net/index.htm
  • charly3charly3 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new 2001 LeSabre Custom with leather interior but didnt realize till I drove it a few days that the front seats were not that comfortable. My driver side seat is a power seat that can be adjusted but you cant power adjust the seat high enough so that thighs are even with knees.In other words,the seats are set very low in the Custom.This causes knees to be higher than buttocks which I feel causes back pain. I should have rented a Custom before buying. Many of the people on this site have bought LeSabre Limited according to their messages. Maybe the seats are more adjustable and comfortable in Limited. Anyway Id like to hear from people who have bought the Custom to hear if they are having same complaint. Im unhappy with the car because of this problem.
    Vtech83...The whine is heard mostly when stopped (at idle) or at very, very low speeds so I'm assuming it is masked by road noise,etc. at higher speeds. I can't believe this is "engineered" into the design of the alternator so I assume it is abnormal. Any fixes to this annoying problem would be appreciated. Other than that, the LeSabre is a gem.
  • tboner1965tboner1965 Member Posts: 647
    The _ is not valid in a domain name. So I can't link to the URL listed above.

Here is what our caching server has to say about your URL:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://h_body.home.att.net/index.htm

The following error was encountered:

Invalid URL

Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect. Possible problems:

Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be `http://'' or similar)
    Missing hostname
    Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
    Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not allowed

If you had tried the suggestion provided above and still have problems, please use Servicedesk for further assistance.

How's that for constructive critisism?

TB
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    Funny, it works for me (and others have had no problem either). Perhaps your ISP is generating that message? Try this, it is the same page:

http://home.att.net/~h_body/index.htm

• jimsxnjimsxn Member Posts: 108
    Is there a way that the steering ratio can be changed on a pre-2000 (1994 to be exact) LeSabre?

Thanks.
    So far, so good. What a great car. Had the oil changed and tires rotated as the 6000 mile check called for, but I also had the Driver IDs changed. They didn't really do a very good job here. They put the names in OK, but there are asterisks where spaces should be. They didn't charge me for changing the Driver IDs, so I'll try to get them to correct this next time at 9000 miles.

I also tried to get the Magnasteer setting changed to firm, but apparently the Magnasteer setting in the LeSabre is not adjustable. That's a little odd since the Seville, Aurora, and Bonneville do allow this setting to be altered. I'll have to do a little digging on this issue.

Happy Motoring.

Mike
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    Mike - got any plans to put 1000 miles or so behind you over the summer? I've done 3 trips of this variety so far (Maine to PA monthly biz trips) in my Bonneville and have enjoyed them immensely.

Ken
  • vsaxenavsaxena Member Posts: 211
    I recently bought a '93 LeSabre Limited for my work-site car (I commute NY-IL). This my first ever American car; I guess as you get old, you start appreciating their comfy ride more.

When the car is at a rest or at a slow speed, I get a continuous, monotonic, squeak/rubbing noise when I turn the steering wheel. There also seems to be some resistance in the wheel, though it turns smoothly. The noise goes away at regular driving speeds and the wheel feels even smoother.

The limited offers variable assist steering though I am not sure whether this car has it. I would appreciate if others have any experience to share on this problem and possible suggestions/remedies.
  • rhrolandrhroland Member Posts: 1
    My mother owns a 98 Lesabre and her speedometer has started to fail. She is just about to go over 50,000 miles. From conversations with her, it appears that sometimes it will work but more often there is no reading. This creates a problem (actually alot more than one problem)in that around 38,000 miles her fuel gauge started to fail and she began to fill up every 250 miles. With the speedometer and hence the odometer not working it's kind of hard for her to get around.

She does have parts on order to replace the unit (hopefully to be installed the beginning of next week) but I was curious if anyone else is familiar with these problems and have knowledge of the cause or possible alternate solutions. I find it hard to believe that a speedometer can fail with less than 50,000 miles it and have it be an isolated incidence.

Thanks for your help. Rich
  • vsaxenavsaxena Member Posts: 211
    I did some further checks on the steering noise on my 93 LeSabre Limited.
    The noise comes whenever he steering is turned.
    It increases when the amount of turn increases.
    The noise comes even when the car is not moving and I can reproduce it with the car in Park.
    It also seems that the engine revs up a bit as I turn the steering column. There is no tachometer so cannot confirm it, the change in the engine noise is subtle.

It seems to be coming from the Steering column
    and not from under the hood. Looks like some kind
    of motor noise. It is not clanky but a continous humm/squeak. Perhaps it has something to do with the variable assist power steering.

Do I need to worry about this and take it to a dealer or is it just an old motor which is showing its age. I do not have a problem steering the car and can feel the power steering assist come into action. When I take a turn, I can sense the steering wheel trying to straighten itself after I am done with the turn.
  • maxmostmaxmost Member Posts: 1
    I have a 93 Custom and it did have a similar noise that you are describing. mine was a broken engine mount.
  • les98les98 Member Posts: 1
    Ihave a 98 with 28,000 mi. that went out of warranty in March, '01. In 12/00 my tran. cooler line failed causing leak of fluid. They were replaced under warranty in addtion to an oil pan which was faulty. Last Sat/ 6/2 my tranny. failed. Being out of warranty the dealer wanted $2300 parts and $900 labor. It didn't matter that only 2 mos. had passed and there were only 28,000 mi. on the vehicle. After much negotiation GM agreed to pay for the part , but I have to pay for the labor. Iam not a novice to GM products, Since 1971, (I am 52 yrs. old) I have bought either a new LeSabre or Olds Delta 88 every three or four years. From this current dealer I have purchased three vehicles in his 10 years of being in business. I find it hard to believe that the tran. cooler line failure had nothing to do with my current problem. The dealer says they are not related. Note, to the writer who complained of a shutter when the vehicle slowed, that was starting to be noticed in this vehicle before the trans. failed.
  • rhraaschrhraasch Member Posts: 9
    I'm responding to the mail about the uncomfortable seats in the 2000 Buick Lesabre Custom. For what it's worth, I have a 2000 Buick Lesabre Custom. I'm 6'4" tall and I'm able to raise the seat up to where it is completely comfortable. Over the last year I've taken several long trips and I believe the seats are the most comfortable I've ever had in a car and so far, in my lifetime, I've gone through 28 cars. (This should also tell you I've been around a while).
    I agree with rhraasch that the seats in the 2000 LeSabre are supportive and comfortable. I've driven many, many miles on long trips without getting tired or suffering back pain or discomfort. I like the power lumbar support (Limited version)which is easy to adjust unlike the manual hard-to-turn knobs on so many cars which discourage the use of this feature. Now if GM would only learn to use decent looking leather on their seats............
  • captbobcaptbob Member Posts: 1
    Purchased my car on March 23,2001 I have had it back for a noise when turning right or left. sounds like it is coming from inside the car. The seat track has been replaced the noise is still there. Hard to tell exactly where the noise is coming from. Anyone else have similar problem.
  • baltodiva81baltodiva81 Member Posts: 4
    I am college student who is looking for an affordable car that can get me back and forth to college (2 hrs away) when I want to go home for the weekends or for breaks. I was thinking about a Honda or a Toyota but then I saw a '95 Buick LeSabre Custom on sale for not that much and looked it up on Edmunds which showed good ratings. I'm trying to get a car that lasts til I'm out of college at least (if not longer) which is 2 1/2 more years. Does anyone have any advice on which type of car would be best for me?
  • tmahtmah Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone could provide a short review (from personal experience) of the 1992 Buick LeSabre Custom. I'm planning on buying one in the near future (within the next few days). The one I'm looking at has 89,000 miles and I know too little about cars to be able to tell if it's in good shape or not just to look at it. In terms of comfort it's a beauty. Other than that, anyone know how reliable it is? Any safety concerns I should know about? I'm a grad student and need a reliable car for another three years.
    You can go to the National Highway Traffic Safey Administration site at NHTSA.com and get data like safety recalls and crash tests. It takes a few minutes to orient yourself to the site but after that it is easy to use. I don't know if info goes back to 1992 or not but it is worth a try.
  • schuellerschueller Member Posts: 3
    Well after 44,000 I finally had a Kazoo noise attack today. Does anyone know the service bulletin number on this issue for when I take it in the Friday?
    The bulletin number for the kazoo noise is
    00-08-48-002.
  • markcareymarkcarey Member Posts: 1
    Wher can I Get a good set of seat covers for a 200 lesabre custom. Cloth seats?
  • devil_tazdevil_taz Member Posts: 21
    In response to vsaxena posts about the steering noise. I have a 96 lesabre and I first noticed the steering noise after a cold start. Later, there is a mysterious hum. The pitch of the hum varies depending on how fast I'm travelling. (A higher pitch sound when I'm travelling over 30mph, and a lower, deeper hum when I'm travelling under 20mph)
    The dealer checked the car and replaced the problem by replacing the front right steer bearing which cost about $450-500 (canadian) in parts alone. (forgot the cost of labour)
    Hope this helps.
  • dispencerdispencer Member Posts: 6
    I just bought a 1997 LeSabre and unlike my '94, this car has a noise in the transmission -i.e. I can hear it shift -sort of a whine at lower gears. It goes away when the car is in overdrive. I took it to the dealer (and so did the previous owner) and the dealers said that there was no cause to worry -it shifted fine and the noise appeared to be keyed to RPM. It seems a bit louder when the engine is cold. Anybody else experience this? Transmission fluid is fine and the car was owned by someone who took care of it. Thanks - Karl
  • andy80andy80 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 95 LeSabre limited with 52k. Great shape but it is beginning to stall. It originally began to stall occasionally only when at idle. No codes present. Replaced idle motor? Now it momentarily shuts down often even when beginning to accelerate or drifting without acceleration, often so quick you feel like someone hit the brakes, the dash lights flash and then the car continues with no problem. Sometimes there is still a full stall at idle. The engine rpm has also "surged" just as I am removing my foot from the brake. I would appreciate ideas for I fear an expensive repair that may be just a guess. Thanks for your help.
    Anything else would be guess work.. My guess is that it is setting codes in the computer. Dealers are expensive on a six year old car. Look and ask around for an engine computerized diagnosis center with a good reputation. Beware of old joe the shade tree's garage--go pro for an accurate diagnosis. Simple things can cause weird problems -- like leaking/cracked vacuum lines, egr valve etc. Good luck
    An update. At 17,000 miles our Titanium blue 2000 Buick LeSabre custom with Prestigue Pkg and leather is doing great. It has several trips from OKC to Roswell NM under its belt (500 miles one way). Out on the open road it is hard to keep it on 75 because it just wants to go higher. We are in the midwest and speed limits are higher. It continues to pull a tad over 30 mpg cruising at 75mph. Very quiet and effortless cruiser-a tad over 2,000 rpm at 75!. On curves it hunkers down and pulls through nicely with no noticeable leaning. Not much I would change except for some decent cup holders (fold down armrest). And even though this car stickered at 27k it has no fold down armrest in the rear and no cupholder(even with the leather option). Yes I could have spent 3k more and got them on a Limited, but come on Buick this is kind of chinzy. The leather is not of the greatest quality but most folks like the blue interior. Rear seat cushions have little support for my 200+pounds but I don't ride there much. Has 16" tire option but not gran touring pkg. I keep tires at 35psi as opposed to the 30 psi recommended. Handles nicely and tracks excellently in heavy rain as well (although I slow down anyway). No problems whatsoever with the car. It gets 22mpg city/rural driving. Looks a lot like the new Jaguer sedan, especially from the rear. Waxed up it is just plain beautiful. Would love to hear similar reports from other 2000 and newer owners.
  • kcwolfpack59kcwolfpack59 Member Posts: 122
    I have posted several times over the past year. I griped about minor glitches such as the kazoo noise and an exhaust rattle which were fixed. The only thing that was not fixed was an intermittent battery rundown, which has not happened since Oct. '00. maybe the car fixed itself. I am extremely happy with the car. If I had it to do all over again, I would choose the Lesabre, especially after driving other similar full size cars from other manufacturers. This is a great car for all day driving.
  • cw10cw10 Member Posts: 2
    well it has now become a real problem,my buick cuts-off (shuts down)while driveing,once on a bridge...did go in for repairs,now later again on the highway,in again (dealer)still waiting.what would be next,a stall in a tunnel (c.b.t.)all eletr. cut out ..no info on dash...just wait 1 min. and re start.??
  • eric227eric227 Member Posts: 8
    My parents purchased a 2001 LeSabre in mid-May. 10 days later the car started acting funny while they were on the expressway (transmission shifting funny). Once they applied to brake to get off on anexit ramp, the car died. They were 4 hours from home. The dealer there said they could fix it in a couple of days and gave my parents a free rental. My dad went back to pick it up and an hour later the car did the same thing again. He had towed to our selling dealer. They kept the car for about 4 days. My mom picked the car up and when driving to work it tried to stall and the 'check engine' light came on. My dad took it back to the dealer - it still ran at this time. The dealer kept it a week and from the codes given from the check engine light they needed to replace the MAP sensor.

My parents have had the car back exactly a month and no recurrence of problems. They have almost 4,000 miles on the car now. They're taking too many trips, but I guess that's the luxury of being semi-retired. It was disappointing having a 10 day old car break down, but my parents love the car - ride, handling, gas mileage, comfort and the 0% financing sealed the deal. They still say they'd buy another one.

Anyhow, maybe the MAP sensor is what is causing your car to cut out.
  • mrpoetrymanmrpoetryman Member Posts: 38
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry about not writing sooner, but I have been busy. Since macarthur2 asked for road reports, I thought I would contribute mine. I have a 2000 Limited Silver/Grey Leather interior with everything except the memory seats and HUD Package. I have 16,500 miles on the car and it still rides like new. No problems with the car at all and I get 31 mpg on highway and about 21 city. I drive 25 miles to work each way at 65 mph on highway. I have changed the oil every 3000 to 3500 miles and keep the tires at 32 psi. Nothing else has been done to the car in terms of service. I love the car and would buy another one without a thought. Feel free to email me or ask any question's. I'll try to write more often.

Neil
  • cw10cw10 Member Posts: 2
    to Eric 227, thanks for the reply... problem not fixed,so they wash the car for me ? so if it happens again... will mention "map sen cr."
  • ez2changeez2change Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1998 Buick Century and love it. However, I have started to hear a click when I apply the brake. It usually cannot be heard unless I am going under 30. The click will not happen again until I accelerate then brake again. Sounds like it comes from the middle uder the car. The biggest problem is that it will do it for a week then not for another week. Anybody have a similar situation?
  • andymsnandymsn Member Posts: 22
    I've been looking for a cream puff 1998 or newer Park or a 2000 or newer LeSabre with lower miles (under 36k) at the right price for a while. 30+mpg on the highway for a car that big still amazes me. I own a 1992 Bonneville with 167k that still gets 28+ which I'm planning to keep.

About two months ago, I discovered the bucket seat/console option on a Park I saw and I personally think it's the Road Warrior's dream setup. I've been told that the console option is relatively rare as it makes the car into a five person vehicle and dealers don't like to take them used because they're harder to sell. I'd also been told that after 1998 or 99, the console is only available on the Ultra but on Friday, I found out that it's available on Limiteds with leather, too!!

Last week, I thought I had nailed a 1998 Park with buckets/console but found out through a connection of mine at the DMV that it had been t-boned in 1999. It was otherwise in great shape and I obtained all the service records for it (including the hit) and there were no unusual entries after the accident (alignments, etc.). Nonetheless, pretty much bagged the car because of the hit.

I called around to some dealerships last Thursday to see who had what. Surprisingly, found a 2000 LeSabre Limited, Y56, traction control, HUD, leather AND the console with about 6600 miles on it along with a few Parks that interested me so I checked them out.

Drove the LeSabre and really liked it except that very mild vibration between 50 and 60 and at about 70, perhaps because the tires are out of round from the car sitting for so long on their lot. The tires on it were Firestone 225/60/16s. I've read some about that on here and I want to confirm that it can be dealt with by either new tires and/or proper balancing? Also, are those Firestones the original equipment for the Y56 suspension? I thought it shipped with Generals? I'm partial to Goodyear for all-seasons and Michelin Artic Alpins for winter. Has anyone used either and, if so, did you get no/worse/some vibration?

My other and more important question is what people think this car is worth? According to the sticker in the glove compartment, this car was built in August, 1999, stickered for $30,700, or so, and was ordered by the dealer I drove it at. Apparently, they used it for a demo and their Service Manager drove it for a few months during that time. The disclosure sticker indicates they've had it for sale since mid-December, 1999!!! It's never been titled to anyone so it's still considered a "new" car so I COULD qualify for new car rates (although not GM promotional rates), even though it's almost TWO years out of current model year.

The numbers on here indicate a Limited-base trade value of $16,700 and $19,500 on a customized analysis. Dealer retail alleges $19,500 base and $22,600 with the options. Kelley says $19,800 on trade with options and retail of $23,300. I haven't been able to get Black Book on it yet. I asked the dealer to give me a figure to chew on over the weekend and they came back with $26,300.00, which I HOPE they didn't think I'd agree to pay.

The car appeals to me but I'm not willing to save their behinds by immediately being way upside down on it the minute I drive it off their lot (I'm planning to put about $2,000 down plus tax).

What should I pay for this car? I know it's a weird situation. Anyone's thoughts are very much appreciated!!!!
    Andymsn:

I've got a 2001 LeSabre Limited with every option except the engine block heater. Sounds like the car you are interested in is pretty much decked out the same way. If you decide to buy it, you'll love it.

Here are my thoughts. As far as the Park Ave vs LeSabre question goes, I personally think the LeSabre is a better value. There used to be a pretty good gap between the two cars, but now you can get most of the Park Ave options on a LeSabre Limited. The Ultra tops out over $10,000 more than a loaded LeSabre Limited. Besides the Supercharged engine and a little more room, I don't know what you're buying for the extra $10,000. I'm talking about new car prices, of course.

I've driven both cars, and I feel like the LeSabre is a much more balanced vehicle. It rides as smooth as the Park Ave but I feel it handled much better. I've driven both cars with the Y56 suspension; the Park Ave still rolls around too much for my taste. The LeSabre corners much better.

I prefer the interior of the LeSabre to the Park Ave. The LeSabre is much more contemporary than the Park Ave. It also has the "catcher's mitt" seats that is supposed to cushion your body much better in the event of an impact. I don't believe that the Park has these type of seats.

The LeSabre is also a better looking vehicle. It's not much bigger than a Regal or Century and has a very Jaguar-ish type look to it, especially from the rear. The Park still looks like a big Buick with a front grille that swallows up the entire nose.

Now, back to your "new" 2000 LeSabre. A fair price for that car is about $23,500. If you buy it at $26,000, the dealership guys will be high-fiving each other as soon as you drive it off the lot. If you really like the car, play hardball and offer $23,000. Don't go over $24,000. This car is basically a wart on the dealerships lot right now. They want to get rid of it. If I were you, I would offer $23,000 and if they say no, just walk away. I'd bet anything they'll take your offer just to get rid of it.

I'm starting to close in on 9000 miles and I can't find a thing about the car I don't like. I also disagree strongly with the notion that the bucket seats and center console available in the LeSabre lower it's potential resale value. In my opinion, there are only two cars built in the world that can comfortably seat six people - The Caddy DeVille and the Lincoln Town Car. Other cars may have a bench seat in the front, but I couldn't imagine trying to haul six people around, especially on a long trip. The extra storage space of the real console plus the extra power outlets available more than make up for the lack of a sixth seating position.

If your budget is too tight for a new car, grab the LeSabre you've been looking at. If the dealer won't budge, get a new one. Wait until one of the holiday weekends; dealers are always dumping cars then at good prcies and/or financing.

Good luck.
  • jimsxnjimsxn Member Posts: 108
    Back from a 2000 mile trip on my 1994 LeSabre. No problem at all...not a single. And really drove the rig over the limit on the PA roads in a rainstorm (I take 5th on specifying how much over). Passed several BMWs and Audis on the way. This car has amazinlgy high limits. And it is so comfortable on long trips!!! The family loved it. To put in context...last year's trip of 500 miles one way in a Civic had put me out with back pain for a whole day.
  • spindelspindel Member Posts: 8
    2000 Lesabre Ltd with 17K has steering wheel vibration on US Highways at 60- 70MPH. I have 15 inch General Tires that are not worn. I've had the alignment and wheel balance checked. My daughter has a Honda Van with Michelin Symmetry tires that do not provide any steering wheel vibration.
    Is there any way to correct this problem without spending a fortune for new tires, or is new tires the answer.

Thanks
    Have a competent tire shop check the tires for being out of round or for a cord which may be crooked. There is also a chance for a warped rim.
  • eric227eric227 Member Posts: 8
    Does anymore know if there will be any new colors for the LeSabre in 2002?
  • 9899olds9899olds Member Posts: 202
    It's kinda like a rocking chair; in fact at speed the long stroke struts don't have enough umph to keep the tire in contact with road and evidently the tires will start to cup/flat spot..

My encounters with Buicks is only with three of them, all bought new; 87 Electra T-Type,92 Regal GS, and a 94 LeSabre. The 87 was my wife's car and I flat spotted all four tires on a quick trip to S.Fla from Detroit when the car had less than 20K. Sold at with 34k miles.. 92 Regal GS creamed 4 sets of Eagles in 90k miles and the 94 went to 113k miles. The 94 LeSabre was given all new struts at my expense at 50k since the originals were totally shot--replaced with Monroes by the Buick dealer per my instructions..

The Grand Touring pkg is a sham; for no Buick suspension will withstand continual 75+ on a daily basis..It ain't a road car..

It's the soft creamy ride that is downright dangerous in any serious road maneuver..In panic stops I realize why seat belts are needed--to keep from sliding out of the seat onto the floor!!!!

The drivetrain is std issue GM which is okay, no excitement..The pricing is too high and someone is looking at a 2000 LeSabre for 25+; sheer madness..not worth much over 22 max..

For a similiar size car the Pontiac Bonneville is a much better handling car that will age gracefully, don't really like the looks but its geared for performance and roadability..

Just my two cents; after all it's your money..