Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick LeSabre

Comments

• sonjaabsonjaab Member Posts: 1,057
    My womans 96 Deville with 81k trouble
    free miles will be needing some expensive
    strut (AIR-ELECT.?) and brakes. She
    don't like the new Devilles either and no
    dealer around has a new CTS to look over.
    Our last couple of vacations we have rented
    a Lesabre. She has checked them out and
    likes the SEATS ! (no leather). With our
    GM employee discounts, rebates, aarp, etc.
    A new Lesabre custom is about 17k cheaper
    than a new Deville.....Any comments etc.
    welcome......Thanks....Geo
    No light or service warning on..But the
    front end bottoms out easily on speed bumps
    or rough road etc. So its gonna need
    some attention soon. My mechanic buddy
    sez the Caddy struts are now aval. at the
    parts house cheaper than GM orig. equip.
    And its gonna need brakes too.
    Syracuse NY winters are not kind to cars!
    I only keep em' about 5 years or 100k miles.
    Thanks..........geo

BTW: My aunts 90 Skylark ?troublefree 120K miles.
    She just took advantage of 0% interest, rebate
    Gm employee discount on a new Prism!
  • kkollwitzkkollwitz Member Posts: 274
    I replaced the entire right rear lamp assembly on my 1999 Chevy Venture....$55 from the dealership's parts counter.
  • artwisartwis Member Posts: 66
    Where did you find the aarp discount? I have a membership but haven't found a discount coupon etc. Picking up wifes new Buick in 11 days would sure like to find one.
    Art
  • rickrozrickroz Member Posts: 26
    How much did you get it for?? Did you get it at a dealer or private party??

Thanks
    Rick
    Actually it is my mom that is a member
    and I will have to ask if its aarp or
    aaa. She got it in the mail last Oct?
    But it has been discontinued but
    the rebate is still good till June 02.
    The coupon can be used by family member
    also at a reduced value 500 bucks i think !
    I also have a GM family saving 1000 rebate
    because of mom is retired from the General ~!
    Thats why we are replacing the 96 caddy
    with a Lesabre ! 17K cheaper..........
    Will post about that coupon deal when woman
    comes home today. Prob. with a New BUICK !
    I WANT a new 03 Caddy CTS.........
    Shes the one who has to drive it....
    So you know how it goes .....LOL.......Geo
  • devil_tazdevil_taz Member Posts: 21
    Anyone here by chance own a 1996 Buick Lesabre?
    My family owns one with 165 000kms on it. We don't hammer the car and regular maintenace is perform when needed. There is a annoying problem with the car. When the weather is cold, there is a grinding/sqeaking noise (like when you jump up and down on a old sofa or bed) emulating from the front passenger side of the vehicle (loudest when driven in the morning). It happens when I turn the steering wheel (both direction) and when travelling over bumps/potholes. I replaced the upper suspension mount a year ago (it was fine then) but the noise is reaccuring. I looked at the shocks and there was no leak. Any ideas?

My mechanic also told me that the seal around the engine oil pan is leaking and the seal around steering shaft is also leaking. The A/C compressor have signs of hitting the hay (There would be a 'derderder' sound when it is switched on, louder at higher rpm range). A few days ago , I had to replace the intake manafold gasket because it was split (MEGA $$$$ for labour). I've also noticed that the coolant level is dropping steadly on every oil change. The car was warmed up (driven more than 15kms) and it would be at the 'COLD' level instead of the 'HOT level. No signs of coolant leak on the ground.

Please help!

Thanks.
    That aarp coupon is only good for
    1000 on 02......2000 on 01
    Lesabre. They came in a GM family
    Savings promotion last year not direct
    mail from AARP. plus 2002 GM rebate !
    Woman still not decided!
    I can wait a bit..but I do want a new CTS !
    I have a GM Caddy Repeat Buyer cert. also !
    Good luck with your new Buick !.....Geo
  • jmille9jmille9 Member Posts: 2
    Annoying alternator whine transfered via heater hoses to passenger compartment at low rpm. Why don't the GM dealers want to deal with this complaint when there is a TSP on it? GM is supposed to be aware of it but what are they doing about it? It is a mystery to me how Buick can market the Custom with this annoying whine. Has anyone had a similar problem and can share a possible solution? Thanks.
  • indrekindrek Member Posts: 6
    On my 2001 Le Sabre Limited I have noticed that air flow from the passenger door defogger vent is very much less than from the driver's side door vent. While the defogging on the driver's side is very fast, it takes quite a while for the passenger door window to clear.

The dealer said this is a design flaw with GM vehicles, and claimed to have seen the same problem on an Impala. This does not sound very likely to me, but unless there is a mechanical blockage or break somewhere in the vent tubing, I can't think of a way to fix it.

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks In advance
  • ajacatajacat Member Posts: 63
    Custom, 130K miles...I was driving along last Wednesday and it started having a hard time accelerating, and two or three times it almost did not kick in when I was starting up from a full stop. Then as I was driving it just stopped, dead stopped. It would turn over, but it never caught. The guy who towed me (works at a service station) and two guys who were painting our house said it was probably the fuel pump. We tested it and it wassn't getting fuel to the engine. So, first I replaced the fuel filter, and that got fuel to the engine. I could hear the fuel pump turning on when I turned on the ignition, and fuel is *definitely* getting to the engine. Then we tested whether any juice was getting to the spark plugs by sticking a screwdriver in one of the plug cables coming out of the ignition coil, but there was nothing. So I replaced the coil, and still the car doesn't start. It turns over, the dash lights come on, but it never catches.

I never cranked the engine for more than 15 seconds (at the very longest), and never tried more than three time in a row to start it (i.e., I didn't sit there cranking it for long periods of time).

What should I try next? The guy at Autozone said I should get a new rotor, spark plug cables and spark plugs, the painter guys (who work on their own cars) say that's ridiculous. Still though my car doesn't start.

One last thing: when the car first died, I checked the engine coolant. It was empty (there is a really slow leak in the system somewhere). I refilled the coolant tank, but am wondering if I might have fried something in *that* system that's causing the engine not to spark?

Any suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  • rhraaschrhraasch Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2000 Buick LeSabre with leather seats. The car is still under warranty. This morning I noticed the driver's leather seat has a small wear spot in one of the seams. Has anyone attempted to get a leather seat repair under warranty?
  • kkollwitzkkollwitz Member Posts: 274
    I looked hard at a LeSabre, but I was weak, and bought a Z28 instead...now I'm paying!

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/top10/57199/article.html

• jb7227jb7227 Member Posts: 86
    Probably screwed up the demographics in Flint - I'm 33 y.o. and just picked up my new Custom on Saturday. After a steady diet of BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc., wanted an American car. Just plain tired of the $ 1500 "scheduled maintenance"!!! Same goes for the rice burners. The car is great - lots of room, quiet, still on first tank of gas and i've already driven 300+ miles! Got mine with 1SD (Best Seller) package and CD Player.
    Cant wait to drive it cross country.
  • eric227eric227 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone experienced one of these? My parents took their '01 LeSabre in for an oil change at one of the quick lube places. The lube joint noticed something hanging low on the underside of the car and said to take it to the dealer since it is still under warranty. The dealer fixed it for free and said it was a loose tie rod.

My parents were happy to get it fixed, but is this something common or just a freak thing? They have 16K on their car. Thanks.
  • tigercat21tigercat21 Member Posts: 28
    Speaks very well for one of the most owned cars in America (6 posts for all of march and april), people usually dont write in when satisfied...of course it could be that car is owned by older folks who aren't big computer users so consider that too... Ed
  • stan13stan13 Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2000 Limited with about 35K miles. At idle, in "Drive" and particularly when shifted into "Reverse" there is an annoying vibration which is transmitted into the cabin and through the accelerator pedal. It is accompanied by a very low exhaust rumble or drone. Could this be attributed to bad motor mounts which allow engine vibrations to intrude through the frame? It is not a problem when moving. The dealers seem to think this is "normal", the default reason for anything they cannot figure out. Any clues as to a fix on this would be appreciated. It takes away from what is otherwise a very pleasurable car. Noise and vibration are detractors from the refinement one espects from a car of this class.
  • stan13stan13 Member Posts: 14
    Sorry...last line of # 577 should read "expects".
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    As we all know, the purchase price isn't all that's involved in the true cost of a vehicle. Check out the article and new tool at Edmunds.com:

True Cost to Own (TCO): Revealing the Hidden Costs of Car Ownership

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/specialreports/articles/59897/article.html

kirstie_h

Roving Host

Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Would like to hear from younger LeS owners out there.... where are you? Had my Custom about a week now - 1st tank of gas average 26.9 mpg - mix of city/hwy. Too bad more people shopping for an Avalon or Camry dismiss the Buick as an alternative - much better styling, softer ride, more people/cargo room. Only real improvement needed is sound system - I have the "concert II" and it doesnt sound like the speakers are up to the task.
  • lamronh49lamronh49 Member Posts: 86
    Has anyone installed HD struts such as KYB, Koni, Monroe Reflex, etc? Thanks, Lamron
  • kcwolfpack59kcwolfpack59 Member Posts: 122
    Still love the 2000 Limited. I put 4 Kenwood speakers in my 97 Monte, which has a similar sound system. It made a huge difference and was $155 well spent. It was a huge pain to install both sets and I would highly recommend anyone considering speaker upgrades to let a pro do it. I did cut holes in the rear deck allowing the speaker grilles to be exposed which helped with the sound. Mom is the primary driver, though and lives 75 niles away, so I am not about to make the same upgrades. I am considering buying this Les. when she trades and I just turned 40 and will be proud to drive it.
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Member Posts: 854
    My folks have a 2000 LeSabre with the GT suspension. They live in Arizona and like how it drives in the mountains.

My 35 y/o brother drove it wheil visiting and thought it was "cool".
  • dponsdpons Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 lesabre with the same vibration, when in drive when stopped with the brakes on. I got the "can't duplicate the problem" response from the local Buick dealer and have not gotten around to complaining to Buick about the dealer's lack of performance. But I managed to cure the problem by running a bottle of fuel injector cleaner (by chemtool) in the gas tank. It must have been a clogged injector that the dealer was not capable of or interested in diagnosing.
  • slimrjpslimrjp Member Posts: 5
    I am 27 and just purchased an '01 LeSabre Custom and I truly love the car. When I was ready to trade my '92 Caddy in I spent about 3 months searching for a comparable replacement -- the LeSabre fits the bill almost perfectly. I really only miss threethings - power passenger seat, an outside temperature gauge and the acceleration of the Caddy (I think the Buick could outrun the Cad).

I really enjoy pulling up to the regular pump and getting 30+ MPG from a full size road warrior. Last weekend I was filling up next to a Camry owner who asked how I liked the car and what mileage I got. When I told him he would not believe me until I showed him the trip computer.

What are the future plans for the 3.8? I read many auto mags and they all are saying what a good power plant it is, but all of them recommend updating it to a more modern Aluminum engine. I hope GM isn't listening.
  • ehaaseehaase Member Posts: 328
    I have read that the 3.8 will be around the rest of this decade, but GM is developing a new DOHC V6 engine and a new OHV V6 engine, and these engines will eventually replace the 3.8. I am not aware of any improvements planned for the 3.8.
    My '02 Custom (2200 miles on it in 3 weeks) has averaged 26 mpg (even mix city/hwy) - I still cant believe it! I have shown the trip computer to friends (and non-believers) alike. Interesting that you mention no outside temp indicator - it's about the only thing I miss from my old cars. Seats are very comfortable - especially when I discovered the manual lumbar adjustment. I too have the manual pass side seat-oh well, when I "graduate" to a Park Ave..
    Just put the third coat of wax on my new 2002 Custom sedan - I have used everything on my cars from Meguiars to Zymol and found the best product for ease of application is The Wax Shop Super Glaze. Looks great on the lt bronzemist paint! By the way, that color must be the most popular this year - now that I have it, I am seeing a lot of it! Anyway, building up a few coats of wax early on makes it a lot easier to keep bird droppings, sap, etc. off the paint.
  • allterrainallterrain Member Posts: 8
    I have a '97 custom with 60k. Recently my brother-in-law and sister came to visit. We used the Buick to "run around" in and frankly was embarrassed. He is a biggy at probably 275 lbs. or so, sat in the front and the wives sat in the back. Here is the thing, we bottomed out constantly!! We have had this auto for 4 yrs. but really haven't ridden 4 adults very often. Help me!!!!!!! Do I just need new shocks or is there some kind of suspension modification that can be done or?????? I realize the car is a low rider but this is ridiculous. Also would be open to certain shock replacement manufacturers. The shocks are most certainly original equipment. What can be done?
  • nferrnferr Member Posts: 32
    I read somewhere that GM was heavily revising the 3.8 and that normally aspirated versions were going to be putting out around 240-250 hp. The supercharged engine could be easily pumped up to close to 300 hp but the problem is in the FWD tranny to handle it. Of course the Northstar puts out 300 hp in FWD so I don't fully understand why that is a problem. Wish I could remember where I saw the article.
    I'm not positive about this, but even in '97 I believe the LeS had auto level control rear suspension as standard equipment. It does now. Just a hunch, as it sounds kind of early (60K miles) to be doing any major suspension work.
  • allterrainallterrain Member Posts: 8
    on a '97 LeS custom jb, but thanks. I very much hope that new shock absorbers do the trick because that is all I can think of what to do.
  • tlindemantlindeman Member Posts: 16
    A year ago I decided to get rid of my minivan and buy an economy car for mileage. I purchased a 2001 Honda Civic LX sedan with a 5 speed. After racking up over 23,000 miles in one year I have decided that buying this car was a big mistake. First of all, while economical (car averages 35+ mpg), the car has had it's share of niggling problems necessitating multiple trips to the dealer (lastest is leaking front struts and worn ball joints...parts are on back order and could be up to 6 weeks...apparently these parts are defective on many Civics and Honda can't keep up with the demand for warranty replacements). Also, I'm really tired of shifting! I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided that the 5 spd. would be more "fun" but driving in heavy traffic with a manual gets old after awhile. Finally, the car isn't that comfortable...lots of road noise and a bouncy, harsh suspension make for less-than-relaxed driving. I have been very impressed with the responses regarding the LeSabre owners and am aware of the power, economy and longevity of the venerable 3.8 engine...I have a 1988 LeSabre in the driveway with 131,000 miles and the drivetrain is still smooth as silk. We took it to Pennsylvania last summer and it still got 29 mpg on the highway at 70-75 mph. I start a new job today and will be making considerably more money and believe I can afford a new LeSabre...looks like the dealers have some pretty good deals right now. I would really like to find one with the Y56(?) suspension and 16 in. tires. I read that cars equipped with this suspension have a numerically higher final drive ratio (3.08 vs. 2.86 for the standard suspension). Does this have any effect on engine rpm's and fuel economy? Is it worth getting or would I find the base suspension with the 16 in. tires adequate? I'm getting excited about this car (it doesn't take much anymore...I'm 46) and can't wait to take a test drive. Any input is appreciated...
    You definitely wont be disappointed in the LeSabre - especially ride comfort. I have looked on GM Buy Power (the website that shows dealer inventory) and have yet to see one equipped with the GT suspension. Surprising since quite a few Park Avenues were being equipped with it. The base suspension in the custom has 15 in. wheels ( i think 16" are opt) As for the final drive, the 3.8 has enough torque to handle the 2.86 ratio - i havent felt the need for more power yet. It might be needed if you were pulling a boat, trailer, etc.
  • mrpoetrymanmrpoetryman Member Posts: 38
    jb7227 - Hi ! You don't mention what part of the country you live in, but when I purchased my 2000 LeSabre Limited 2 years ago, the model that I wanted was at another dealer. My dealer traded one of the cars on their lot for the one that I wanted. GM dealers do this quite often. What I would do is check on the Buy Power site again and expand the area maybe to another city or state. When you find the LeSabre that you want (with the GT Suspension), print it out and take it to your local dealer and ask them to arrange a trade for the car that you want to buy. I know that their are many cars in my area of New York with the GT Suspension listed on the Buy Power site. I have also found out that most of them with the GT Suspension are Limited's as opposed to Custom's. You might have to buy a Limited if you want the GT Suspension. I have 29,000 miles on my Limited and it gets about 35 mpg on the highway and about 25 mpg combined city/highway. This is the best automobile that I have ever owned.

tlindeman - I am also 46 years old and I find the car very comfortable.

Feel free to email me if you have any question's.

Neil
    mrpoetryman - nice to hear from another satisfied LeSabre customer. Do you notice a difference in ride harshness with the GT susp? I didnt want to sacrifice that famous Buick ride. Just bot my Custom at end of April - already have close to 2900 miles! I have been averaging between 25-28 mpg - does the mileage improve with age? I have noticed that the best highway mileage is acheived with the cruise set about 75 mph - unfortunately, not too many opportunities to set it that fast in the Boston area. Cant wait to take this car cross-country on the kind of roads it was meant for - nice straight US Interstates! By the way - has anyone noticed an improvement in mileage by using 89 or 91/94 octane? My dealer said dont bother, but i'm worried about not using detergent gasoline.
  • kcwolfpack59kcwolfpack59 Member Posts: 122
    I love edmunds forums. I remember seeing that now all gas has detergent and additives in it. You might check a different forum. I wouldn't waste money on premium gas, but I do buy national brands.
    thx - I guess i'm having trouble adjusting to a car that wont bankrupt me in repair, maintenance & gas costs (i.e. foreign cars)! I never really knew what it felt like to get over 17 mpg with any car. Now i'm getting 25 mpg in the city, and using gas that's 25 cents cheaper/gal. I've been using Exxon/Mobil, Sunoco and Hess.
  • tomcat630tomcat630 Member Posts: 854
    My folks had a 95 Olds 98 and they now have a 2000 LeSabre with the GT suspension. They say it still rides nice, while giving better cornering than the 98's.
  • mrpoetrymanmrpoetryman Member Posts: 38
    Hi jb,
    I have used 89 octane Shell gasoline to get the good highway mileage. Premium gasoline does not make sense when the owners manual says regular will do. I also change the oil every 3000 miles religiously and rotate the tires every 7500 miles. I use Castrol Oil and have not added any products to the gasoline. My highway mileage has improved as the car is used more and more. You are right about cruising America's highways. I take a trip to New Hampshire every August and the 200 miles just fly by at 65 mph.
    hello mrpoetryman,

Thx for the tip. I had the first oil change at 1200 miles - i know this sounds crazy but i've done it with all my new cars. Then every 3000 miles. Rotate tires every 6000. I was thinking of going to CA from Boston - 3300 miles. That should be enough time to test out a great American road car.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    The Town Hall is about to take on a new look in an effort to make content more easily searchable and accessible.

Have you seen the Letter from the Town Hall Manager on the Town Hall Welcome page? If not, you might want to follow that link to have a look.

And hang on to your seats. Change is never easy - for any of us - but resolving the Search problems we've had will be worth the pain.

Pat
    Sedans Host
    Must be a testimony to how good of a car the LeSabre really is - not too many postings recently!
  • macarthur2macarthur2 Member Posts: 135
    We just completed a trip of 1,000 miles from Oklahoma City to Roswell, NM and back. Our car, a titanium blue 2000 Lesabre Custom with Prestigue Pkg and Leather. Traveling includes half Interstate and half non interstate. Cruised quietly and effortlessly in the 70-75 mph range and averaged 32.4 mpg. I know that sounds outrageous but it is true. I don't know how the Consumer Reports road testers get such dismall mileage out of this car but they have to be leadfoots that blast off at every opportunity. It is very stable and the Concert II stereo radio/CD/cassette player is great to these ears. In spite of the medium blue color the A/C handled New Mexico's high 90 degree days just fine. A winshield reflecor helps when parked and big towels are needed to cover the leather seats which will fry your bottom otherwise. With 23K on the car it has never been back to a dealer and averages 22 mpg city and urban and always over 30 mpg on the road. Don't believe the road test mags they must really thrash this car to get that bad mileage. Very nice car, I do recommend the optional 16" tires and alloys, really adds to the look and I think helps handling. We don't have the Gran Touring Package. Try one you'll love it.
    Oh, watch for speed traps between Canyon TX and Clovis NM. Texas troopers watching for out of state cars (easy prey, Texas has front license plate out of states don't) Didn't get us but they were looking hard.
    Been shopping new CTS or Lesabre...CTS
    in short supply. Dealer won't do GMO/
    GMS on CTS ! My 96 caddy 87K trouble
    free miles needs thos $2400 dealer only
    front struts and the dealers are only
    offering 5k trade in ! Had a couple of
    Lesabre rentals. Need full size 4 door
    car ! Been shopping and have a 1k buick
    Gm family savings cert. and a 2K Caddy
    cert. too. Heck plus GM rebate, employee
    discount too ! After pricing them out..
    Buick is a great deal !
    Deville 35k otd
    Lesabre 17k otd
    About the same car except for the V-8 !
    will keep ya posted........geo

BTW: Local dealer has a BLACK one
    with Free LEATHER ! prem. wheels and
    CD ...Only 26 sticker....17k otd too
  • devil_tazdevil_taz Member Posts: 21
    Anyone know how difficult it is to change the engine oil pan gasket and oil pressure gauge on a 1996 Lesabre?
    One more thing, how much oil does the 3800 series II take? About 6 litres? ( I've misplaced my owners manual :( )
    Thanks.
  • gmlover1gmlover1 Member Posts: 60
    4.5 quarts which is just over 4 liters. Post 604. I just returned from Vermont in a 1990 bonneville with over 100,000 miles, and got 31.5 mpg.
  • giants515giants515 Member Posts: 5
    Will have comments about Concert II sound in a moment for jb7227 (#580) and kcwolfpack59 (#582)--thanks to both.

First some more general stuff. Thanks to y'all for many useful and interesting messages on this board. Owned a used '90 Limited from early '92 to late '93--drove it from 44K to 90K, loved it, especially the great interior look, the overall feel of the car, and the 3800 engine. Was away from GM until I bought a '98 Bonneville SE as a program car in late '98. Drove it from 12K to 89K. Traded it in yesterday on a 2000 Limited--*hated* to see the Bonnie go (great seats, great looker in and out, great engine, great trunk space, very good sound)--even if there were major problems in the cooling system.

Decided on the LeSabre over the 00-01-02 Bville primarily because the seats on the Buick came highly touted by edmunds.com, whereas the edmunds.com reviewer specifically yelled at Pontiac for downgrading the comfort of the seats. Sure enough--test-drove an 02 Bonnie 150 miles and felt like I'd been spending way too much time in the ring with Lennox Lewis (not that I think of myself exactly as Mr. M. Tyson, although my wife might disagree). Drove the Limited that same 150 miles and felt great.

And I'm still a big fan of the 3800. My son recently bought a '97 Camry. Wonderful car. But with others here, I still prefer the size, ride, and power of the LeSabre. (BTW, mine's silver, with a grey cloth interior. Previous owner had whitewalls on the car. Not a fan of whitewalls at all, but they look terrific on this car. And I'm glad to have the passenger power seat and the driver-info goodies.)

Now for Concert II sound. Wheeee-ew. It's terrible, just as edmunds.com's reviewer said it would be. I frequently rent Tauruses and Sables, and the sound in them blows Concert II completely out of the water. What the *heck* is Buick thinking of, putting together a great (and fairly expensive) car and then giving it terrible speakers? Could it have been the same person who put those crummy seats in the new Bonneville? Reminds me of what Honda used to do--maybe still does--in the Accord, which had wretched sound back in the late '80s. And why not a good equalizer in the supposedly premium Concert II package? The Bonneville has a standard EQ. If I sound a little grumpy here, I am.

So immediately last night I was thinking of upgrading the sound system but didn't know whether it would be worth the money or how it would be best to go about it. Thought of calling Crutchfield and asking them some model-specific questions, especially since their web site says people can install new speakers themselves. Then a little voice said, "Check Edmund's Town Hall." Within minutes I found posts 580 and 582. Thanks hugely to you both. I'm going to do exactly what you suggest, kcwolfpack. I'm going to get the Kenwoods or something similar, let a pro put them in, and will uncover the rear speakers.

Thanks again to the LeSabre board for the posts. Looking forward to hearing more.

giants515
  • oregonajoregonaj Member Posts: 21
    We're considering the purchase of a new LeSabre. We took a ride in "Custom" today and I thought the air-conditioning was a little weak. It was about 85 out and we drove about 20 minutes with A/C on maximum. The car got reasonably comfortable but not really cool. Can anyone comment on the A/C in their LeSabre?

Also any comments you might have on the Custom vs Limited models would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jim
    oregonaj,

Ive had my 02 Custom for about a month and half - I've had about 3 days of 85+ weather in that time. No problem cooling the car. In fact, with fan on high, and setting on "max" or "norm" (with recirc button on), the airflow was almost too much. I didnt notice any meaningful reduction in engine power either (as I used to with foreign cars). Hope this helps!