Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Oh ok. It seemed logical at the time since Toyota and Porsche have had an ongoing relationship over the years. Maybe Porsche is working on some of Lexus' sportier variants of the GS or IS to be introduced down the road.

M
    In reading that letter about the 07' LS' pricing on the LS board, I'd have to say it is a hoax for a number of reasons, IMO. I can't see Lexus or anyone with Lexus using "whew" and "grand daddy" in an official correspondence. Secondly those prices are just too high for the car to be competitive in Lexus' typical manner, unless Lexus has decided that the 7-Series and A8 are no longer competition. I can't see a LS460L going for 94K, which is an LS600hL price if anything. The base price of a LS460L will be 86K, the same as a S550? No way is that going to happen. Lastly I think it is a little too early for such detailed pricing information to leak out if the car really goes on sale in Sept. Just my take on it.

M
  • sysweisyswei Member Posts: 1,804
    You have a point about the 86k number, it does seem far-fetched that Lexus would price at parity with the S550. But on the other hand, there will still be an LS460 SWB down at 67k, if we are to believe the letter; MB doesn't have an S in the US down there, and when a S450 comes, it would be more than 67k, I would guess. I think it is within the realm of possibility (maybe a 30% chance?) that the LS prices in the letter are accurate. We'll just have to see.

As far as the casual wording ("whew" and "grand daddy"), remember that this is from a dealership in Georgia, not Lexus corporate. So I don't think the wording should count against the letter.
    Yeah I believe the pricing for the LS640, but not the LS460L. That is the strange thing about the whole letter, half of it seems to make perfect sense and the other doesn't. I can see a fully loaded SWB LS460 going for 67K, that sounds about right considering the old LS430 topped out a 71-73K. That about the base price of a LS460L being 86K just doesn't make sense if and only if Lexus is looking to continue their value positioning against Mercedes. Wouldn't it be something if Steve's wish came true here.

Anything in the 90K range has to be the LS600HL, IMO.

We'll have to see how it all shakes out. I can't prove it, but I know Mercedes is waiting to see the LS460 pricing structure before releasing anything on the S450. When the S550 was first talked about every publication under the sun mentioned the S450 and S600 saying they would arrive in April of this year, but only the S600 showed up with the S450 never having been mentioned again.

M
  • ljflxljflx Member Posts: 4,690
    You can see by my posts that I agree with you. I think the post on the LS460 board about the double up of option pricing has some merit if the etter is real. I don't know if the letter is a hoax or is just an energetic salesman. Could be a hoax as a letter like that would usually come from the General Manager of the dealereship and not a person that fails to disclose his or her title.
  • oacoac Member Posts: 1,594
    I think the post on the LS460 board about the double up of option pricing has some merit if the etter is real. I don't know if the letter is a hoax or is just an energetic salesman. Could be a hoax as a letter like that would usually come from the General Manager of the dealereship and not a person that fails to disclose his or her title.

I agree... especially on the part that its not even signed by the GM of the dealership, nor is it directly from Lexus Corporate, so forgive me if I remain skeptical of this letter. A LWB which is NOT the flagship optioned to $94K ??? That seems way out of line for Lexus...
  • deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    Fellow forum members may have an opportunity to drive a Jaguar XK for free. The only minor hitch is that you've got be very good looking and popular. I will definitely be writing a letter to Jaguar with my photo enclosed. :shades:

He dines at Manhattan's most-exclusive eateries and glides
    past security at nightclubs. He wears custom-made shirts and drives an $80,000 Jaguar XK

Jaguar, a unit of Ford Motor Co., has given Mr. Bossi the sleek XK to use free, weaving it into his already fabulous lifestyle in hopes that by merely being seen in one, he will persuade friends, acquaintances and wannabes to buy a Jag.

SOURCE: Wall Street Journal

link title
  • blkhemiblkhemi Member Posts: 1,717
    I can't believe in the forseeable future that the LS will be priced with the S. A fully laden LS460L is said to top out at 80k, and the LS600hL to close near a 100 grand.

On the S450, like Merc said, MB is sitting idle until Lexus releases the LS so they can confirm US pricing(even export). I see can see the S450 coming to the States faster than we thought, albeit extremely late in light of the old W220's speedy release of the S430. I also have noticed that the European S450 will see a 10-hp bump to 345hp and the 550 to go 403-hp '08, maybe the sole purpose is to keep the horsepower crown. That's still a huge disparity between the 450 and 550, and still way behind the 500+hp and 604hp AMG monsters.
    I also have noticed that the European S450 will see a 10-hp bump to 345hp and the 550 to go 403-hp '08,

Where did you see this? That would be nice. We should find out whether or not the new AMG versions of the S and CL are naturally aspirated or turbochared in Sept at the Paris Auto Show. I'm betting on a 570hp turbo version of the new 6.2L AMG V8.

M
    Toyota is in the business of manufacturing luxury cars like the Lexus and in the business of odorless manure.

Businessweek

Hopefully the product recalls in their manure business are not as bad as the recalls in their car business :confuse:

An Avalanche of Toyota Recalls

This is all in good jest. Or maybe bad jest? I guess it depends on how you view manure. :P
    Rick Wagner and Carlos Ghosn have reached a tenative deal. The deal is said to be comprised of GM and Renault-Nissan sharing each companies expertise. (Or maybe a slickish way for GM to entice cost cutting guru Carlos Ghosn to save the manufacturer.)

The deal also says that together the companies will introduce a high feature/quality HELM jointly. Some reports say the specific models include the highly awaited RWD Cadillac DTS replacement and the needed-like-yesterday Infiniti Q45 replacement, to be built in the US for the first time.

With this news comes skepticism as Carlos was just quoted last week in Tokyo to not stray from Renault-Nissan as his "work is not complete yet". And I also thought that the DTS/Lucerne/Bonneville replacements were to be devoloped on GM's new RWD Zeta Wide-Body platform?? Maybe things have changed....

Source: Associated Press
    The European mag Autocar. They mentioned that MB is not about to give up the hp war just yet. The 403-hp 5.5L is due to a less restrictive exhaust and recalibration of the VVT while acheving Tier 2 ULEV U.S. emission standards(another one of MB's tricks). I always thought the 5.5 was a bit on the quite side...

The S450 was mentioned to be coming to the States in '08 with a different exhaust system than the GL, M models, hence the 10-hp increase. With a base price around $78k(not far off of the '06 S430, altho I wonder how much decontenting has been done to arrive at this price point- a full 8k off of S550), it should not be a tough sell against it's competitors, much like the W-220 S430, the volume leader...
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    I would have liked a lot more elaboration on the various areas of "expertise" they were going to share. Consider this: GM the master of how to lose market share, actually has more share than Renault in Europe. Mr. Ghosn, a world class executive (he plans his monthly trips from Japan to his home in Paris to arrive just in time for breakfast on Monday morning), can certainly wield a knife. Can he build a sustainable business? Looking at the problems with Nissan in the US, the jury is still out. GMs best bet may be to break it up into three pieces.
    Sounds good. I've always said that the 5.5L V8 should have been a 400hp+ engine, more like 420hp. The 4.6L should have around 367hp. If the V6 is any indication I think the V8s will get direct injection around facelift time.

I don't like the idea of a 78K S450, it should be more like 73K and 360hp.

M
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    Perhaps something like the GM\Toyota Matrix\Vibe joint project? I still don't see any real benefits of this to any of the parties involved, except of course in Captain Kirk's bank acct. So far the only thing Ghosn has proved he can do is scorched earth cost cutting. Post turn-around, the jury is very much still out. That brilliant move to TN basically killed NNA.
    Yeah I agree. I don't see why Nissan/Renault would even want to be bothered with a mess as large as GM. Just as signs appear that Nissan's comeback may be fading they're going to tie themselves up with GM? Doesn't make sense. Ghosn must be after something within GM that no one else in the industry can see. What I really find interesting is that the last time GM formed one of these these "alliances" it cost them about 3 billion dollars. Fiat really made a fool out of the Gerneral and I can't help but think Nissan/Renault would do the same because there is no way they're going to allow their highly-profitable organization to be ruined by GM's self-inflicted problems.

M
    So, far I have driven the 745i and 750i and I have come to the conclusion that the Audi is more of a driver's ultra-luxury car than the BMW. Where the 7-Series feels bloated and extra-large, the A8 is lithe and eager to please. If you are in the market for one of these cars and prefer to drive instead of being driven, the A8 is the one for you

Auto123 Review Link:

link title

The BMW 7 series which has been the "Benchmark Driver's Ultra-Luxury Car" for quite a while appears to be having some very interesting competition from the Audi A8. The above is just one reviewer's opinion but there are many others with such an opinion.

Also BMW should start looking at its rearview mirror because soon there will be a Porsche Panamera. IMO it looks like the future benchmark ultra luxury driver's car will be the Panamera and not the 7 series. Unless ofcourse BMW focuses on only 3 things for the next generation 7 series: Performance, performance and let us not forget blistering performance.

Instead it appears BMW is trying to produce an "Ultimate Rider's Machine" with this very silly technology linked below:

link title

In all honesty how many "real drivers" needs assistance in parking :confuse:
    More riveting details about the new MB CL AMG.

link title

This car is slightly above my budget. And even if this AMG is within my budget I would frugally save my money instead and buy a humble BMW M5 and give the outstanding balance to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
    At a time when Nissan/Renault still has one leg on the chopping block as they're still not out of the dark due to the ever revolving quality issues on both ends(ie: Titan/Armada/QX, Z/G35, and Maxima just a name a few on the Nissan side and a host of Renaults that make rival Peugeout look like mere reliable Lexuses), why in the world would they write themselves a bum check in the red ink that GM is using?? Use the same pen that GM used to get Fiat off of there back, with Fiat laughing all the way to the bank.

Sure, GM has some exciting products in the pipeline(the highly anticipated new rendition of the Camaro, new Pontiac GTO/Firebird, and the switch to RWD for all it's mid/full size cars), but I have some skepticism on what this deal is to prove? And what with Nissan invigorating the entire line with the replacement auto-trannies to CVT in everything from a Sentra to a G35, maybe that is what GM is after. And Nissan is said to have a Camry-beating 48mpg Altima Hybrid for '08. That would be nice to have in a, say, G6 or Malibu.

Or maybe it's Nissan after GM's large pockets and truck expertise, and to a lesser extent, a version of the Vette? Nissan Silverado-esque? For sure they're not tapping to see if they can get some Delphi hook-ups.......... :P
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    Obviously GM can't use it!

And maybe put some workers back on the line. That would be good!

But I don't exactly see Americans tearing down the walls looking for Nissans.

Since Ghosn has taken over, Nissan has fielded their best designs ever, including Altima, FX, G35, and Titan.
    I am impressed, and I don't impress easy!

But they need to get Maxima, Sentra, and a Infiniti Flagship on track if they are to make any new waves over here. Their comeback is on the fishizzle! :P

DrFill
    Or maybe it's Nissan after GM's large pockets and truck expertise, and to a lesser extent, a version of the Vette? Nissan Silverado-esque? For sure they're not tapping to see if they can get some Delphi hook-ups..........

Seriously doubt that. The Frontier is already miles ahead of GM's small pickups. The Xterra, Pathfinder, and Titan are also all very good (aside from build quality issues associated with US plants). They don't need any of GM's engines, or platforms. Using Vette architecture would allow them to shed weight inherent to the more universal FM platform for a super sports car, but would GM really let anyone else have that?

The only logical thing I can see is for some sort of parts alliance to lower costs, similar to what DCX, Hyundai and Mitsu are doing. I think York and Kirk want Wagoner out and Ghosn in, but that's a pretty rediculous idea.
    So far the only thing Ghosn has proved he can do is scorched earth cost cutting. Post turn-around, the jury is very much still out. That brilliant move to TN basically killed NNA.

Ghosn's turnaround is not only limited to cost cutting.

Since 2001 the Infiniti brand had accomplished the most radical turnaround in the luxury auto segement.

Since 2001 Ghosn vowed to increase sales by 1 million autos and achieved that goal one year early.

Beyond cost cutting Ghosn rationalized Nissan's distribution network in Japan by closing as many as 355 unprofitable outlets.

Nissan's profit margins since Ghosn arrived are among the highest in the industry. Not bad when you consider the profit margins of both Infiniti and Nissan during the pre-Ghosn period.

And last but not least Ghosn turned around Nissan from the brink of bankruptcy.

Oh yes Nissan and Infiniti's current problems are related to their dated product lines. A similar problem Honda had as recently as a year ago. THis year with a newer product-line Honda is smelling like roses. Similarily Nissan/Infiniti has the potential to experience a turnaround with their new models this year and next year.

So dont under-estimate Ghosn as just a mere cost cutter!
    There is only one individual on this planet that can make a Nissan-Renault-GM alliance work and that would require the job of Super-Ghosn himself (despite his denials about wanting the top position in such an alliance).
    It appears the uniqueness of the hybrid LS will be short lived by an upcoming hybrid MB S Class. Though IMO a Blutec diesel Benz seems far exciting than either a hybrid Lexus or Benz. Hopefully there will be a Blutec hybrid S Class versus just a plain vanilla hybrid.

FRANKFURT, July 15, 2006; Reuters reported that DaimlerChrysler's luxury Mercedes brand plans to market its first hybrid car in 2008, a magazine said on Saturday.

"We're well on track and will bring a competitive concept to the market at the start of 2008," DaimlerChrysler's research chief Thomas Weber told the Wirtschaftswoche magazine.

Hybrids combine an electric motor and batteries with petrol or diesel engines to boost fuel economy and cut emissions.

Japanese car maker Toyota Motor Corp. has aggressively promoted its top-selling Prius hybrid model.

The magazine said Mercedes was planning to launch a "mild" hybrid version for its S-class model line in 2008.

Such a "mild" hybrid can boost acceleration and make engines work more efficiently in stop-and-go traffic, but costs less than a full hybrid.
    "Such a "mild" hybrid can boost acceleration and make engines work more efficiently in stop-and-go traffic, but costs less than a full hybrid..."

So much in the fashion that Honda makes it's Accord Hybrid? A performance-oriented hybrid that gets only marginally better mileage, in the case of the Honda 28/38 vs. 20/30 in a normal model.

It only makes since that DCX markets the hybrid S as the LS can't have the spotlight all to itself. But, which engine will be used? I posted several posts ago about a substantial bump in power that the '08 S550 is due to receive, 403 v. 382. That power bump could be only for the hybrid model.

The problem I have with it all is how they will market the Blutec(already on sale in Europe) and the hybrid, what with the Bluetec getting upwards of 40mpg(no easy feat for a 4800-5000 pound car), will the hybrid be even better? Or jsut another hybrid dud? Word is out that the Europeans are more focused on diesel-hybridation(especially BMW) more so than gas-electric. It all remains to be seen...
    The option of owning either a S Class hybrid or a S Class Blutec diesel seems kind of redudant.

Similarily Audi intends to introduce both hybrid and TDI versions of its Q7 SUV. IMO another redundancy.

You also raise a good point about how improved a hybrid Blutec Benz will be over a hybrid Benz or a Blutec Benz.

It appears the German marques will initially offer an onslaught of various drivetrains. They will first test the market reception of each drivetrain and later focus on the drivetrains that sell best..
    "Similarly Audi intends to introduce both hybrid and TDI versions of its Q7 SUV. IMO another redundancy."

Very redundant indeed to us lowly folk. But to the upper management at the car companies, it seems plausible to introduce an onslaught of high-efficiency cars and get much profit in the process at a time when oil is pushing $80/brl.

Audi will also introduce a 400hp/689lb-ft of torque V-12-powered hybrid diesel for the '09 A8, along with the 280hp 3.2L V-6(Euro/Far East market only), 430-450hp 4.2L V-8(thanks to direct injection, new cast aluminum internals and low-restriction exhaust), 600hp+ hi-po Lambo based V-10, and 350hp 5.0L TDI UltraClean. The redundancy adds up for us, the bottom line adds up for them............
    It appears the German marques will initially offer an onslaught of various drivetrains. They will first test the market reception of each drivetrain and later focus on the drivetrains that sell best..

This is exactly what I think they'll do. I think MB sees a gasoline hybrid as the best way to market a hybrid in the U.S. and a diesel-hybrid in Europe. Now if they do manage to get certification for the Blutecs in all 50 states then I think they'll go that around because a diesel is afterall much less complex and less costly than a hybrid. The problem then becomes what do you do with all the hybrid tech you've spent so much money on with GM and BMW. Audi has a similar situation. They've already stated that they plan to bring over a Q7 diesel, but they have also stated that a hybrid Q7 is on the way. There is no way they're going to do both for so few sales the Q7 will have overall.

Still though I can't see anything that brings GM/MB/BMW together going to waste. A diesel hybrid will no doubt be perfect for Europe, but in the U.S. selling a diesel is tough enough so a diesel hybrid would nearly impossible to sell the regular hybrid crowd.

M
    "Now if they do manage to get certification for the Bluetecs in a ll 50 states then I think they'll go that aroung because what do you do with all the hybrid tech you've spent so much money on with GM and BMW..."

Word is out that California and New York are the only holdouts for MB's Bluetec, with them alredy passing Massachusetts and Conn. stringent tests. I think they'll get it because both the Toureag and Q7 TDI have earned the right to be sold in California already.
    Anyone know when in 2007 it is supposed to be on sale?
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Mr Carlos Ghosn,

While GM and Rick Wagoner may need you to pull their bacon out of the fire, we think we have a more important position for you. You have demonstrated the ability to work in different cultures, indeed the stamina to successfully work in different time zones simultaneously and the ability to negotiate sucessful outcomes. Rather than rescue GM we have a more important job for you. We need you ASAP as our SecDef to replace Don Rumsfeld.

If for some reason getting the Sunnis and the Shiaites to behave like citizens of a western democracy and the Afganis to stop ramping up their production of poppies, isn't your cup of tea, you still shouldn't take the GM job. Rather you've worked hard all your life and what do you have to show for it? Sure you've got the place in Paris but commuting to it once a month from Japan for a week with the family while you run Renault isn't exactly a walk in the park. The financial press says that you arrive in Paris just in time to have breakfast with the kids and hear about all the family problems that have built up in your absence. Then you go to the office at Renault and the french who work less in a month than you do in a week have their list of complaints too. Enough. Its is now time to build some equity. Become an owner, not an employee. Call Bill Ford and tell him that you will save what is left of the Ford fortune by running Ford for him IF he gives you a significant piece of the pie.
    I think they said the 2008 model year.

M
    Yeah that sounds about right, especially since those two markets are some of MB's largest in America. I think the EPA is trying to make sure MB buyers keep that Adblue canister up to spec, in other words with enough solution in it to keep the car compliant.

M
    I think MB sees a gasoline hybrid as the best way to market a hybrid in the U.S. and a diesel-hybrid in Europe.

Makes sense.

Japan is an interesting case. Gas prices in Japan are higher than in most of Europe and North America but for some strange reason hybrids in Japan are not as popular as they are in the USA ( a hybrid Camry is not even available in Japan) and unlike Europe diesels are a rare sight in Japan. It appears the Japanese favor their traditional gas powered engines more than in other countries.

A hybrid LS or a Blutec hybrid MB may end up being poor sellers in Japan?
    Here is a link with the latest info on the new 911 Targa 4 the 4S:

link title

• quemfalaquemfala Member Posts: 107
    Anyone have any news on the 2007 XJ8's? Any differences?
    Thanx
    Anyone have any news on the 2007 XJ8's? Any differences?
    Thanx

Jag made the following updates to the line for '06. I havent heard anything about additional major changes for '07.

"All of the 2006 XJ models benefit from a number of upgrades, including more powerful engines, a new braking system, laminated glass for improved noise isolation, a driver-selectable automatic speed limiter, and a new tire pressure monitoring system. The chrome mesh grilles from the R models are now seen on all models for 2006, while new smoked-lens side markers and the removal of body-side and front/rear window moldings give all models a fresh appearance. A new navigation system comes standard on XJR and Vanden Plas models, and an electric rear sunblind is fitted to every XJ8 L."
    Hybrids in Japan are seen as only fads. Even tho gas prices are high, the gasoline is not as taxed as ours is here in the states for example. Factor in a higher salary grades and cost of living compared to America, and the price is even lower than in London, US, and the mother of all-out g gauging, Sweeden.

The new thing to do in Japan to is to twin-turbo charge 4 and 6-cyl. cars and add direct injection. The power of a V8 with the fuel economy of say, a Chevy Aveo.

I can see the 600H and MB Bluetec failing miserly as the current LS and previous MB do not register on the scale there. Not because the weren't attainable(plenty of elite in Japan), but because of the frugal consumer base that Japan has. Multi-Millionaires driving the '91-'96 version of the 300ZX Turbo. Or Supra. Or RX-7/8, Or if you're really loaded, Skyline GT-R. Most in Asia are favoring the large Audi than any other make, as witnessed by the A8 outselling the S500(not 550 in Asia).

The US will be the main carrier for the LS600h. Lexus knows this. Why do you think the LS is not sized for the Asian market with their alley-like streets?

And this go round, Lexus has vowed to step into the league's with Europeans, on their on turf. But as witnessed by the disgust with the IS/GS(2814 and 3789 sales, respectively), they have there work to pry the A8, S, 7, and even AJ faithful from the performance luxuries.....
    This whole hybrid thing isn't as "hot" as some would like you to believe. In just reading various boards it doesn't seem like all of them are meeting their sales goals, much less being "sold out". We all know the Prius is hot, but what about the rest?

I just want to see what MB/BMW/GM are going to do with all this combined brain power. BMW should make the next generation Mini available in hybrid form, it would be perfect for it, IMO.

The only question is whether or not MB will offer both a gas-electric hybrid and a Bluetec diesel here? I can't see both. Guess we'll find out in 2008. The hybrid cound hinge on whether or not the bluetecs get certification for all 50 states.

M
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    somewhere recently that Honda was planning on discontinuing its Accord hybrid because sales are disappointing.
    It has just been announced that GM will discontinue playing Led Zepellin songs for Cadillac advertisements.

I think the most suitable Led Zepellin tunes for GM are the following:

Led Zepellin songs related to GM restructurings

Sick Again
    How Many More Times
    Dazed and Confused

Led Zepellin songs related to potential GM bankruptcy risks

In My Time of Dying
    Stairway to Heaven

;)
    NY Times story on the subject.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/18/business/media/18adco.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Personally I like the spots and Dieter comes across as funny and likable IMO. But I can see the attributes of the story too.
    This whole hybrid thing isn't as "hot" as some would like you to believe....it doesn't seem like all of them are meeting their sales goals, much less being "sold out".

That is very true, the bloom is off the rose with the early hybrids, except for Prius. I think this has alot to do with modest mpg benefits especially for the "mild" hybrids, and press reporting.
    I read somewhere recently that Honda was planning on discontinuing its Accord hybrid because sales are disappointing.

The HAH was a bad idea from the beginning. Its slightly faster than the EX-V6, costs almost as much as a TL, and average driving would get you 2-5mpg over the regular EX-V6. Wow, sign me up for that.

It showed that the performance hybrid idea doesn't hold water, at least not in a mainstream car.
    BMW should make the next generation Mini available in hybrid form, it would be perfect for it, IMO

I dont know if they exist in Europe but a diesel Mini sounds real tempting to me.

Focusing on HELMs I just cant imagine myself buying a premium priced luxury hybrid. Having said that my wife may be driving a third generation 100 mpg lithium battery powered plug-in turbo Prius (everything I read about the upcoming Prius sounds too good to be true---I guess only time will tell).
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    I don't anticipate Lexus selling too many LS hybrids either.
    A very limited audience for that one, IMO.
    I don't anticipate Lexus selling too many LS hybrids either.
    A very limited audience for that one, IMO.

The GS450h will definitely never be a big seller. Hard to say about the LS600h at this point. I think it depends on whether buyers are willing to give up the "V-12" badge they could get on a BMW or Merc. Thats the biggest problem with the Jag Portfolio, they have to say "we're as good as they are, don't look at the engine, don't look at the engine". The XJ12 didnt have that problem.
    Well the V12 MBs and BMWs aren't exactly big sellers either, so no, the LS600hL isn't going to sell in the same volumes as the more mainstream V8s, but that's par for the course.
    "I don't anticipate Lexus selling too many LS hybrids either.
    A very limited audience for that one, IMO."

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion as I think it's going to depend on price. If it's priced at $85-90K it'll sell in bigger numbers than you think. There's 5 of us who are buddies here in my town (myself included) and we all have 2007 and 2008 lease renewals and right now first choice of all of us is the LS600H and a $85-90K pricetag won't change that but a $105K pricetag will.
    There's 5 of us who are buddies here in my town (myself included) and we all have 2007 and 2008 lease renewals and right now first choice of all of us is the LS600H and a $85-90K pricetag.

Sounds like a certain town in New Jersey will be the global focal point for hybrid LS sales. The real question is will it sell well beyond one town in New Jersey?
    It has just been announced that GM will discontinue playing Led Zepellin songs for Cadillac advertisements.

Thank god, that mess was beyond corny. It ranks right up their where their 80's commerical about traveling "Cadillac style". Pew.

M