Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• deweydewey Member Posts: 5,251
    Can you even understand what Tagman is saying?

Did you know that there are various benchmarks?

Benchmarks for US sales--LS
    Benchmarks for excellence--S Class

Unfortunately the benchmark for sales becomes quite different beyond US borders where people cant fathom loving Buick-like rides.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    go around and around this very same circle perpetually?

All those in favor of breaking that circle and moving on to something else right here, say aye!! I'll go first:

AYE
  • hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Aye do!
    Aye
  • brightness04brightness04 Member Posts: 3,148
    I was hoping that this time around you'd have figured out that this is the HELM forum, not E36 3 series forum. Or that you have solid evidence that Edmunds' numbers are in error.

Not all responses are valid rebuttals.
    Aye, that's probably a good idea.
    That's what they said about SUV's too (American idiocy), but now sedan sales in Europe are tanking, thanks to people buying SUV's and MPV's.

There's something about Lexus that differentiates it from Buick (understatement of the day), and I would not be surprised to see the rest of the world catching on at some point.
    Amnesia, deja vu, have you seen the movie Groundhog day?
    Do you want me to respond again?
    Does that count as an AYE for you also? ;)
    I certainly hope so.
    Sorry about the typo. I'm practically dyslexic when it comes to typing.
    It's quite all right. I am still basking in your compliment. :)
    Hopefully with a more logical response this time, grounded in some facts. Obiously you forgot the lessons from yesterday on citing imaginary facts without checking the real numbers. BTW, I wrote the previous post before I saw Pat's suggestion

I honestly dont know what you are talking about :confuse:

You did not respond

I did respond to your posts about the residuals.
    I have made my points clear not only once but many times You have repeated your points many times over.

Trying to win a debate by having the last word just for the sake of having the last word is kind of senseless. Dont you think?
    I think this debate scared off everyone in this forum. Except the resilient ones like Howard and our host Pat.
    Um, then what are you doing? ;)

How 'bout giving me the last word and just changing the subject.

Daggoned Mets!! This was their year and they blew it!! :cry:

(I'm sure many of them drive HELMs...)
  • tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    AYE!

Thanks, Pat . . . we can be glad you stepped in on this one . . . at least AYE know AYE am.

TagMan
    The Mercedes E-Class BlueTec is just the very beginning. Check out this survey information which indicates that diesels will be well-received, even by the younger crowd.

Younger Drivers Considering Diesel-Powered Cars?

I guarantee that it won't be all that long before I get one.

TagMan
    Thats okay. It will make it a little easier for the awesome Tayegers to win!
    Hows that AYE-Drive of yours working lately? :P

TagMan
  • designmandesignman Member Posts: 2,129
    What's your connection to the Mets? Are you a Noo Yawka?
    Nope, just a fan since the Miracle Mets of '69. Everyone listened to the WS games on transistor radios during the daytime then. And of course there were no intermediary playoffs, the pennant winners were the teams who finished the season at the top of each league.

Yeah, dating myself big time here. ;)
    Funny you mentioned it. To make a short story long:

Just yesterday I had to delve deep into the bowels of the said controller.
    I found what I thought was a perfect parking lot spot next to a concrete divider. So I slashed my right front expensive Continental to smithereens against said divider. This prompted all sorts of bells, whistles and a huge exclamation point flashing across my Aye Drive screen. After purchasing a replacement tire, the darn reminders didn't automatically reset. I had to hunt through multimenus using the Aye Drive until I finally found "reset tire pressure."
    Now everything is fine.

Aye can't believe I did it but indeed Aye did! :blush:
    Why do aye think aye'm going to really regret suggesting anyone say aye about anything ... :sick: :shades:
    No more from me. I know overkill when I see it. :surprise:
    Why do aye think aye'm going to really regret suggesting anyone say aye about anything ...

U OK? ;)

'69 WS was amazin', as they said. Aye liked 'em in '69 2.

But no more.

Powders is right. Overkill here. Aye'm done 2 . . . Aye promise.

TagMan
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,721
    Actually, Pat (begin dating myself...now!) I believe that that year was the genesis of "Divisions" in MLB. The Amazin's beat the Braves in the NL playoffs and then went on to allow Tom Terrific Seaver to become the first pitcher in NY Mets history to lose a World Series game! An honor he retained until '73 and the stinkin' Oakland A's... And I'm sure most of those players drove HELM back in the day, too! Except maybe Bobby Pfeil...

And then I (age-wise only) grew up, graduated college, fell in love on the ski slopes, married the ski-bunny, moved to Boston and was swept up by the formerly forever a bridesmaid Boston Red Sox. Thirteen years later, the Sox pulled an Amazin'! Of course back in '86 I still bled blue and orange... And someday I hope to drive a HELM, as I'm sure Dr. Gary Gentry does! :D

End of stream of consciousness...?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    Pat, some of us enjoyed this little lesson in finance. Another amazin show from my new best friend Brightness. He seems to know a LOT more about autos, depreciation, and finances than just about anyone else here. At least Hpowders understands numbers. Even I would be a little bit tempted to lease a S320 for $400. a month.

The Mets put up a valiant struggle but they never really had much of a chance aganist the greatest team in baseball. It's all that tradition. ;)

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Thank you, Houdini1.
    Wow thanks Houdini1,

I guess that makes me a financial dunce.

Maybe I shouldn't have pursued a career in finance?
    Or maybe I shouldn't have earned an accounting and CFA designation?
    Oh well at least my clients are happy and much richer. :shades:
    And at least you have that great new 335i sedan to show for it!
    Hey and dont forget my 06 530xi Touring. Pardon my modesty!
    I knew about that, but the 335i demonstates proof of your latest success! No slight intended.
    Nobody could possibly be happy with only one BMW vehicle!
    How is one to live? ;)
    Um, then what are you doing?

Good point! I am still trying to justify all the time I spent here. At least nobody else knows but me(at least in the real world and not in this virtual forum world of ours) :surprise:

Daggoned Mets!! This was their year and they blew it!!
    (I'm sure many of them drive HELMs...)

Especially the ones with inflated residuals ;)
    No slight intended.
    Nobody could possibly be happy with only one BMW vehicle!

That's OK. It's as easy to forgive a fellow Bangle fan as it is to forgive a Mets fan today. ;)
    Yup, those lease deals are very tempting indeed. I was going to lease a Z4 3.0 at $189/mo for an employee of mine, winner of the best employee of the year. Then the buggers changed residual on me before I had time to place order, now it's $219 a month. But the brand new 325Cic convertible at $269/mo is certainly tempting as an employee incentive. The inflated MSRP's certainly makes the reward look bigger than it actually is.
    I just heard BMW is running their best deal yet on the Z4 next month. They will inflate the residual to 127% on a 2 year lease, resulting in BMWFS paying you $37 a month and this will include polishing and buffing the iDrive knob free for the duration of the lease.

Looks like the shameful $189 lease on the Z4 will be thankfully, just a nightmare we can all just soon forget.
    hmm, I thought accounting is not the field of CFA, but the field of CPA (or CA in Canada).
    hahaha, that's pretty funny . . . that kind of shenanigan was almost true in the bygone era of internet mania (e.g. Lucent's vendor financing deals, debt forgiveness, onsite support, etc. etc., all to book a sale) . . . all the while being praised to high heaven by a bunch of unscrupulous CFA's with their eyes on bonuses.

edit: comes to think of it, didn't websites like carsdirect back then lose money on every car the customers ordered through them? All because some financial analyst decreed that hence forth stock price should be multiples of revenue instead of multiples of profit.
    I am a CA and CFA.
    Boy what a productive day this has been today.

Anyways folks I will be departing this site for at least a few months(spending too much time here) and definitely will be coming back sometime in the future.

I love cars and I love this site and enjoy talking to all of you. But unfortunately I tend to lose track of time- management here and I am better off focusing my attention to the real world.

Take Care

Dewey
    Very few CPA/CA holders brag about their CFA instead of their CPA/CA certificates. A common joke among CPA's and CA's is that CFA's are just jokers locked inside big building windowless offices writing up whatever the trading desks tell them to write up. In other words, frauds, compared to their own hard-core CPA/CA certificates . . . frauds ;-)
    LOL I just said farewell and I'm back again.

I no longer have an accounting practice since now I am a portfolio manager where a CFA is not only relevant but required.

CFA's are just jokers locked inside big building windowless offices writing up whatever the trading desks tell them to write up.

I have my own business and only take orders from clients. And I have a very a big window with a walk-out balcony at my office. I get a lot of 1929 Crash jokes about the balcony.

Take Care and looking forward to the pleasure of talking to you about inflated residuals sometime in the future.
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought the relevant certifications for taking clients on one's own and managing investment porfolios are CFP and FMA.
    Uh oh! Are you serious? :surprise:

Instead of quitting, I've started cutting back. I intend to cut back even more.

In other words, put a "quantitative" limit on the "inflated" amount of interaction with brightness . . . it will leave one with less "residual" damage from his distortions. ;) Or alternatively, ignore him completely.

Hope to see you now and then, my friend :)

TagMan
    Truth hurts, sometimes ;-) That's what a _real_ CPA often has to tell his/her clients.
  • sysweisyswei Member Posts: 1,804
    Hey, dewey, I'm also a CFA. Minted in 1987.
    Hope you come back soon, Dewey. :surprise:
    October 20, 2006. Nobody noticed? After all we've been through with the hype? I thought this would beat Y2K and I guess it did.

;-)
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    Nope, just a fan since the Miracle Mets of '69.

Aye new thur wus sumpin' aye liek'd about jou!

;)

Randolph had no faith in Wagner, and that's why heilman wus thur. :sick:

If we had Perdo and El Duque, it'd be much different, but even so, we had a chance.

The upside is the Mets will be good for a while, with Wright, Reyes, Chaves, Maine, and Beltran, this 7 train will keep rollin'!

DrFill
  • drfilldrfill Member Posts: 2,484
    Germany will notice.

And the US definitely noticed.

Attendance was definitely down at work today. ;)

DrFill
    Randolph had no faith in Wagner, and that's why heilman wus thur.

It was too early for Wagner and Heilman was on fire until that one HR pitch. There was no reason to replace him. Don't blame Willie or the Met pitching. The hitters choked. And there should be a senate investigation on the easy curve ball that Beltran stared at to end the game. Eh, water under the proverbial bridge, they had their chances. Oooh that catch by Chavez was legendary. Too bad. :sick:

;-)