Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    This had to be one of the best championship series ever. Although I am a Cardinals fan I think the Mets had the better team on paper. They will be back. The Chavez catch...unbelieveable. I was certain that the Mets would win if they could get Beltran to the plate in the nineth. Maybe that curve ball was better than it looked on TV.

Dewey, I know this forum can be habit forming but rather than leaving, just use some moderation, as most of us should be doing anyway. I have throughly enjoyed our little disagreements and hope for more of them in the future.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• hpowdershpowders Member Posts: 4,330
    Sure. The Mets will be back, Kim Jong-il will win the Nobel Peace Prize, and I will be driving a Lexus.
    NYC always tries to buy its way to a world championship.
    Good riddance to those overpaid fat cats.

The Tigers in 5 or better!
  • tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    This had to be one of the best championship series ever.

I agree with that . . . right up until the very last pitch I was on the edge of my chair.

I have no doubt the better team won, IMHO. I can't stand those commentators who are saying "How could this have happened?", as though the Mets were a shoe-in or something. Ridiculous.

Hindsight is always 20/20 when discussing what they should have done better. Excuses, excuses. The Chavez catch that stole Rolen's HR was an all-time great play. Other than that . . . not good enough to win. Period.

BTW, I don't blame Dewey for taking a break. I also recommended some moderation, as you did. However, I will also be using moderation in the future when the discussion only goes in circles with posters like brightness. It's a waste to post and post and post and get nowhere with his completely rhetorical, insulting, and illogical posts . . . and the whole time have you cheering him on as he caused more and more frustration due to his inability or unwillingness to understand or acknowledge other viewpoints.

A shame, IMO, and I won't be a part of that any more, and you can quantitatively count on that!

:)

TagMan
    Well, all Brightness did was give you a dose of your own medicine. After being beat down here by sheer force of numbers for so long can you blame me for cheering him on a little? He was merely giving [non-permissible content removed] for tat.

Hp, there is a really good article on the "Diesels in the News" forum about a new BMW diesel engine. Check out post #952. I would put it here if I knew how. I am not buying another car until these new diesels are here.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Yes. Hopefully, by August 2008 (who's counting?) when I bring the 545i back, BMW will have a diesel ready for me to rent.

"This had to be one of the best posting exchanges ever."

I agree with that . . . right up until the very last post I was on the edge of my chair.
    Well, all Brightness did was give you a dose of your own medicine. After being beat down here by sheer force of numbers for so long can you blame me for cheering him on a little? He was merely giving [non-permissible content removed] for tat.

Really? Is that how it seems to you? [non-permissible content removed] for tat? Goodness, I've had some heated in-depth discussions here, no doubt, but I don't believe I've talked in circles like brightness and steve have done . . . just hammering away at the same idea over and over and over without any consideration for a different point of view.

I've had sufficient feedback regarding my posting style to know that I do not do that to people. I respect others points of view, while I do not always agree, and I even tend to be more moderate at times than I otherwise might be, just to be considerate.

No, this was no [non-permissible content removed] for tat. And the result? . . . Dewey is possibly gone.

After being beat down here by sheer force of numbers for so long can you blame me for cheering him on a little?

A little? A lot is more like it, and no way have you been beaten down here. You started your own fires more than once, and got burned a little maybe, but more often than not, you received better treatment than you dished out. I remember your recent post just before all of this fiasco whereby you promised to stop the spiteful posts. Remember?

I hope all of this comes around to a better place. I like our friend from Canada and am sorry to see him suggest that he is leaving, even if just for a few months. I look forward to his return, and quite frankly, hope that he does reconsider and he starts posting on a more moderate basis.

TagMan
    Powders, I love your humor, but at this rate you'll be on the edge of your chair . . . and you'll have the whole HELM forum to yourself. ;)

TagMan
    Well, no one wants to see Dewey or anyone else leave. Also I never claimed to be perfect because I know I am not. As you will recall you were also cheering Dewey on.

Yes, you have been the voice of reason around here more than once, but you have also had your moments. I was sincere when I said I wanted to tone it down a little, but no one else expressed any willingness to do so.

Everyone on this board is somewhat paranoid....and they're out to get me!! :D

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Yes, you have been the voice of reason around here...

Well . . . thanks . . . but, I'll take a share of the blame here (small share ;) ). Hindsight is 20/20 as I mentioned about the Mets, and in hindsight I wish I had just completely stopped replying to brightness.

I was sincere when I said I wanted to tone it down a little, but no one else expressed any willingness to do so.

I thought it was just obvious enough by the nature of the posts, but perhaps you didn't see it that way.

OK . . . Let's move forward with a lesson learned. Now we are on the same page? . . . and back to HELMs . . . PLEASE!

TagMan
    Yes, we are on the same page. You have been very quiet about your new "Q". How about an updated review?

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Survival of the "wittest" I guess.
    You have been very quiet about your new "Q".

No "Q" here. I am considering the possibility of trading the Lotus in on the upcoming Porsche Targa 4S, however. But even the mention of giving up the Lotus, and my son gives me the evil eye . . . he loves the Lotus so much, and I must admit it is more fun than I've had in an age. That upcoming Porsche Targa, however, is just sooooo sweet. I am very tempted. Very.

TagMan
    I could have sworn that you bought a QP earlier this year. Did you test drive one or something like that? Did someone else here buy one? How did I get that impression? Obviously I am wrong but I am truly mystified by this.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

How did I get that impression?

No idea. I know we've ocassionally had some very brief posts about the Q, but nothing specific that I know about that should have given you that impression. That's OK though . . . no big deal.

Perhaps it's time to increase your dosage? ;)

TagMan
  • dhamiltondhamilton Member Posts: 878
    I'm a bit suprised their isn't more discussion going on about the LS's first drive and the dissapointing driving dynamics per Edmunds.
    I'll step in and say I'm not to suprised although when more reviews come, we should have a bigger picture. Still a bit to early to pass final judgement I suppose.
  • topspin628topspin628 Member Posts: 373
    Looks like they kept the same formula which for them is smart but will push me back to the Euros. They are still the king of "soft". Didn't notice any mention of the steering. Wonder if it's still over-boosted. I'm betting, yes.
    See the new thread, "Article Comments: 2007 Lexus LS 460 Full Test."

You can voice your opinion over there on Edmunds findings: the grabby brakes, disappointing suspension, Edmunds unable to match the 0-60 and quarter-mile times Lexus has provided, which in both cases were reported as too fast by the company, the boring styling, etc; for starters.
    that Lexus arguably provides the most numb steering in the industry, I believe it is safe to assume the LS steering to be "light."
    Thank you doctor, I feel much better now. Three fingers of Black Jack instead of two. Yes indeed, much better!!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Well said!

With the ES and LS vehicles for sure, Lexus is indeed "the king of soft." But, if that's what some folks want, why shouldn't it be provided?

There are vehicles out there to fit all profiles, thankfully!

I can criticize the LS until I am blue in the face, but if the car fits your profile, it shouldn't matter what Edmunds or I say.
  • blkhemiblkhemi Member Posts: 1,717
    Thou to trade the Lotus? On all things, a lowly ol' Porsche?(lol) :P

Just poking at cha! The 4S Targa will be once again one of those hard to attain Porsche vehicles.

The previous gen Targa was the perfect Porsche. And I suspect that this one would be just as good.

I'm not sure if you remember, but I wrote a couple hundred posts back that I'm considering getting a Turbo Cab when I sell my daughter's S4 Cab next week(finally a buyer).

But the Targa is still one of the best iterations of the 911 family.

So it can be either the Porsche. I'm also considering the Aston Martin Vantage next year when they pump up the power to 430hp, much better than the 380 it currently puts out.

This all comes as I can't get a hold on an R8 until late '08 at the earliest.
    I think that the LS is still continuing the mission that Lexus set forth for it in '89:

TO represent a tremendous value over it's competitors. To strive for better quality and remarkable reliability than most of it's competitors. And also offer everything that it's competitors offer at markedly lower price.

And after 18 years, it's still ringing true. I feel that the LS is still within it's realm, in that it has gain a sort of cult following that would'nt dare stray away.

However, the same can be said about the European car buyer. You wouldn't dare see one driving anything from the South Pacific.

I feel that all of these cars that we rant and rave about offers exactly what's expected from their respective buyers.
    Yes, very well said!!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• brightness04brightness04 Member Posts: 3,148
    Lexus has accomplished everything it set out to accomplishe 18 years ago. With that, it fortunately/unfortunately is no longer as much a value proposition as it was 18 years ago vis. contemporary competition (the "unfortuantely" part is easy to understand; for the "fortuantely" part, one has to see it from the perspective that other mfrs are forced into offering great deals just to stay competitive).

18 years ago, LS was a good deal even compared to the domestic flagships or the 5 series / E class . . . remember, it was a time when 5 series and 7 series were powered by 3.5L 6cyl engines (the stop-gap measure V12 only available at a drasticly higher price point, and it was a fire hazard at the beginning), and BMW's V8 answer did not become available until half a decade later.

Today, the domestics do not even compete in this market segment anymore (afte all the discounting and vendor financing/lease subsidy is taken into account, domestics no longer have a car in this price segment, despite the inflated MSRP on some models that nobody pays). European competitions have seen their MSRP more or less stuck and not keeping pace with inflation . . . and resorting to heavy vendor incentives practically across the lineups. Within such a drasticly changed landscape, IMHO, Lexus can no longer boast "markedly lower price" as one of its winning cards.
  • lexusguylexusguy Member Posts: 6,419
    European competitions have seen their MSRP more or less stuck and not keeping pace with inflation . . . and resorting to heavy vendor incentives practically across the lineups. Within such a drasticly changed landscape, IMHO, Lexus can no longer boast "markedly lower price" as one of its winning cards.

I'm not sure that's true. The 1990 LS400 had 250hp, and started at $35K. The '07 ES350 has 272hp, and starts at $33K. The ES350 is 5" shorter, but wheelbase between the two is nearly identical. The ES gives up 1.5" of legroom in the front, but gains 1.5" in the back. Headroom is nearly identical. Today's LS, especially the 460L, is in an entirely different league from where the car started. If Lexus had kept the car in what would today be considered the mid-size class, they'd have an RL.
    1989 735i had a 208hp 6cyl , and cost close to $60k. 735i and 735iL accounted for the vast majority of 7 series sold at the time (the other variant was 750iL, with a stop-gap V12 made from joining two small I6 engines together).

From MB, we had 560SEL in 1990, which developed 238hp from a 5.5L V8, and had an MSRP of $74k. MB was not much into discounting or lease deals back then.

That's the landscape in which the original $35k LS430 with 250hp V8 entiered.

Cars are fundamentally a technology product. Over time, we always get more car for our money. Whether a car is a value or not, it has to be compared to contemporaries, not static benchmarks from the distant past.

Edit: after looking up what MB had in 1990, I am too quite shocked at how far HELM market place has changed. Lexus was literally the new kid on the block back then, and it;s quite amazing how far it has come along.
    Today's LS, especially the 460L, is in an entirely different league from where the car started. If Lexus had kept the car in what would today be considered the mid-size class, they'd have an RL.

Your post seems to be more accurate, and I will reply to your post.

Edmunds review of the standard LS460 doesn't give enough reason to suggest that the vehicle is beyond needing it's price advantage.

It certainly doesn't even approach the "standard" or in other words "benchmark" of the S-Class, and not just due to wheelbase. After putting the vehicle through the paces it comes up deficient, not just in contrast to the S-Class, but in terms of what should be expected from the LS anyway.

On the LS forum, there is already notable criticism of the LS460.

Therefore , the LS460 does in fact need its price advantage to compensate for its deficiencies.

Or better said, it's price is appropriate for what you get.

The LS460L . . . we'll see if this animal is up to the job or not. As far as the LS460 goes . . . so far, NOT!

Edit: BTW, the dollar exchange historically went through some major shifts which assisted the Japanese price advantage while putting price pressures on the German vehicles. This was not about inflation. It shows how the Germans have actually had a better handle on their price increases over the years!

TagMan
    On the LS forum, there is already notable criticism of the LS460.

As in criticism posted by yourself?? and other Europhiles who have not even seen the car in person, much less test-driven the vehicle itself??

Your insistence on asserting "price advantage" only begs to bring the subject of actual price back again . . . after all, how can you even talk about "price advantage" without verifying the actual prices that acquirers pay? The sub-$400 lease S320 certainly holds a tremendous price advantage over LS, GS and even IS350. And yes, MB indeed needs the price advantage, and BMW needs the full-service coverage to bring people in the door . . . to offset their brands' recent reputation for unreliability. Happy now?

BTW, the dollar exchange historically went through some major shifts which assisted the Japanese price advantage while putting price pressures on the German vehicles. This was not about inflation.

That's the impression one would get if only fed by worthless news headlines with writers looking for excuses instead of real reasons. The Euro started in 1999 at $1.10, went all the way down to 81 cents by 2001, and then up to $130 by the end of 20004, now backing down a little. During the same time period, Yen followed a similar pattern, from 110 Yen to the doolar, to 132 Yen to the dollar, then a dive down to 105 Yen to the dollar by the end of 2004, now back up to 118 Yen to the dollar. The patterns are very similar (notice the inverted quoting for the two currencies, that's how they are usually quoted). In any case, LS has been on a steady price increase, regardless how Yen was doing.
    As in criticism posted by yourself?? and other Europephiles who have not even seen the car in person,

brightness, I have not posted recent criticisms on that LS forum. They are posted by Lexus folks themselves, not "europephiles", as you categorize people.

Firstly, the Edmunds review of the LS460 contains notable criticisms of the LS460. The review was not written by a "europephile", as you so poorly put it. And YES, they have seen the car, and driven it, and tested it.

Secondly, the HOST has asked you not to categorize folks like that.

Thirdly, you accuse me of posting something I did not.

That's the impression one would get if only fed by worthless news headlines with writers looking for excuses instead of real reasons.

Worthless news headlines? . . . Of course, the world would be better off to get its news from YOU instead! LMAO!

So, finally, I will not reply to you again due to these reasons. You burned us before, and that's it. I'm totally done with you! If others want to mess with you, that's up to them. As for me . . . Sorry, Charlie.

TagMan
    Okay, I'm bad at typing, I mentioned that in a post yesterday . . . partly because I only have time for this forum while the computer is busy or that I'm too tired to be doing any thing productive (like after working for 12hrs straight today). So I beg your pardon for my dyslexic typing. I try to correct them whenever I can.

Since when is "europhile" a cussword? I must have missed the host request that you mentioned. Okay, if that's the case, I will rephrase my original statement as "criticism proferred by people who are quite biased in favor of their own European car brands, who never had any real interest in the new Lexus to begin with." Feel better now?

Burned you before? Well, if someone makes generalizing statement, it's only fair to question the assertion with the relevant details . . . hard numbers as they say . . . would you rather prefer someone who argues back with no facts citation? or engage you in a childish my assertion is more valid than your assertion game with zero factual support? If someone who obviously has no attention span for details or numbers, and yet claim to have a CFA, it's only fair to wonder aloud if the person even knows that the "A" in CFA does not stand for "accounting." I'm not the one tossing around outright lies, and I suffer nobody's fool.

Worthless news headlines? . . . Of course, the world would be better off to get its news from YOU instead! LMAO!

I do not offer news. The historical charts tend to be more valid than snippet headline impressions built up in the heads of people who do not pay consistent attention to the financial markets. Look up the charts yourself. You do not have to believe what I wrote . . . nor should you believe everything columnists say.
    his was not about inflation. It shows how the Germans have actually had a better handle on their price increases over the years!

It all comes down to good old fashioned capitalism. Lexus can ask more than double what the original LS cost because people will pay it. Not that I'm saying Lexus is ripping anyone off. The '90 LS's EL gauges were pretty spiffy, and its center stack controls were light years ahead of what BMW and Mercedes had in the 7 and S at the time. 2-button memory controls for the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors were about as high tech as it got, though. The optional Nakamichi stereo was quite good for its day, but it can't hold a candle to the 460 ML system. Is the 460 twice as good as the 400? I would say so. I wonder what the build cost difference is between the '90 LS and '07 LS. I'm sure Lexus is paying at least 5X more for the ML stereo comapred to the old one.
  • sysweisyswei Member Posts: 1,804
    There's an interesting early owner review on CL from a fellow who also owns a 2004 Phaeton and 2005 E55. He says among other things:

1. The Phaeton is bigger...
    2. The Phaeton has more "road-hugging weight"...
    3. The Phaeton cabin feels significantly wider, with commensurately greater shoulder room...
    4. The Phaeton trunk is larger and more usable (our LS460L has the Tiny Trunk option)...[rear a/c and icebox]
    5. A few of the Phaeton's interior pieces have a higher quality feel to them; the Lexus Link control panel (in the ceiling) and the sun visors feel as though they came from an IS...

Here are the areas where the LS460L is superior (IMHO) to the Phaeton:

1. I never thought I'd see a paint finish that matched the quality of the one on the Phaeton....

2. The accomodations in the Lexus are clearly superior. Though a few of the bits in the Phaeton are better designed or higher in apparent quality, the overall feel inside the Lexus is clearly a cut above the competition.

3. The design of the Lexus interior is an improvement over the VW. Though it has far more tech goodies than the Phaeton, all these gadgets are incorporated into a very simple, straightforward user interface....The overall feel is clean yet tastefully opulent. It feels more like a well-executed BizJet interior than anything else.

4. The tech on the Lexus is more advanced -- and it works better -- than that of the Phaeton; though it may not be fair to compare a 2004 model to a 2007, the LS460L has the following advantages:
    a. A HDD/GPS system that works brilliantly....
    b. The Mark Levinson sound system is one of the best systems I've ever heard in a car, and I've heard aftermarket car systems where the stereo work alone cost over $50K....

5. The build quality on the Lexus is simply astonishing. I love German cars, but this car is going to give BMW and Mercedes engineers nightmares. The shut lines on the doors, hood, and trunk are have the smallest gaps I've ever seen on a car, and they are uniformly perfect from beginning to end....The details on the car...you realize that every detail on the car is designed with the user's tactile experience in mind.

6. The vehicle dynamics of the LS460L are superior to those of the Phaeton. This was QUITE the shocker; after driving the LS for 20-30 minutes -- then hopping into the Phaeton for the drive home -- I was extremely surprised by how crude the VW felt after driving the Lexus....Though the Phaeton has an amazing "cruise missle" feel, the Lexus feels smoother-riding, more nimble, more solidly constructed, better handling, and far quicker in acceleration than the P-car. I don't know why some testers have declared the car to be slower than Lexus' published figures; the car feels very quick to me. There's also just the right touch of engine noise in the cabin -- a new experience for LS drivers. BTW, I am used to the acceleration of my 2005 Mercedes E55 -- a rocketship by anyone's standard -- so I think I have some valid reference points for "quick".

7. The transmission on the Lexus is a remarkable achievement....It's shifts are smooth yet quick and efficient, and the gearing advantage of eight ratios is apparent when flooring the throttle when entering the freeway or pulling out onto a busy secondary road with rapidly approaching traffic.

8. The handling of the car is quite good....So far we keep the car in Sport/Power modes almost exclusively. These settngs are close to ideal, but I would like to be able to go one-click sportier at times.
    I have posted my criticisms of the new LS 460 on the recently formed thread, "2007 Lexus LS 460 Full Test" based purely on the findings of Edmunds reviewers and how these findings positively correlate with the findings of the Car and Driver reviewers. I am a great believer in trends not being coincidences.

Perhaps after listening to the improved (when no improvement was necessary) ML sound system and getting my butt soothed by the circulating cool air of those soft, buttery, perforated seats, my criticism will be transformed into ecstasy after I drive the new LS at next month's Taste of Lexus event.

One has to believe in miracles, otherwise I wouldn't bother to drive the 250 miles to the event.

I will be going incognito so they won't recognize my face from all these posts. Heh! Heh!
    When you consider all the advanced technology and comfort items, I think it is priced right.
    2. The Phaeton has more "road-hugging weight"...

Thats a very polite way to put it. I would say something more along the lines of "lumbering elephant", although I suppose someone who actually bought a Phaeton must like it.
    "Since when is "europhile" a cussword?"

Of course it isn't, however, as used on this thread, the word has been used as a polarizer, separating the posters into a "we" vs "they" mentality, resulting in hostile posts.

The host asked us not to use such words to avoid sweeping generalities.

In case you missed it, please go back to post #19260. :)
    You have every right to post your criticism of LS460, so long as Edmunds tolerates it, whether such criticism is valid or not, whether grounded in facts or not. If both the "whethers" turn out to be "nots", you will just get rebuttals :-)

On the other hand, citing posts like yours as supporting evidence that criticism are showing up on the LS forum itself to imply that somehow LS lovers are turning against the car. . . well, the argument is less than paper thin :-)

Have fun at the event.
    "lumbering elephant".

I actually will have to agree with you on that one. But some guy on the Luxury Board bought one and swapped out all VW emblems for the Bentley wings.

This is actually more appropiate as the Phaeton is within a couple hundred pounds of the 5800 pound behemoth.

But the guy that syswei was referring did have some valid points. The build quality of the LS, never a sour point, seems to be taken up a bit further. And the interior decor of the car I witnessed was simply stunning, altho the word peerless does not come to mind as it won't have Audi designers and engineers up at night.

The seats seem to have improved somewhat, and thank heavens they've chosen another tree to cut down as the new wood is vastly better.

Altho I haven't driven one to get a feel of the dynamics, the reviews I've read are basically the same in that it's still the feel of the 430, which is fine for most LS owners.
    Perhaps it is, compared to its contemporary competition. I will withold my personal judgement until I get a chance to test drive the car . . . and when I'm willing to pay up whatever the cost is for keeping the car for a few years (a car usually stays with me for 3-9 years, depending on how many cars I'm keeping; I usually get a new car every 3 years).

Regardless, IMHO, Lexus is charging a lot more for brand premium today than it was doing at the beginning . . . one only needs to look at the comparatives to contemporary 7 and S to see that. The $70k 560SEL in 1990 was a fairly spartan car, long before MB caught the gizmo itch :-) and it was bloody twice as expensive as the original LS while delivering less power.
    That when the going gets tough some of you German car fans have decided to cut and run. It was a big laugh when you drove some of the fainter hearted Lexus fans away. Perhaps a little lesson in empathy is good for us all.

What, if you lose you just won't play any more? Come on, you guys are tougher than that. And please stop taking things so personally.

Brightness has made some excellent points...and most of them were in self defense. If you don't want to fight then don't start one. But if you do start one try to go the full 15 rounds. Take a lesson from HP. I don't think you will see him running.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I was not using the word as a cussword. It's normal for people have biases. Value is subjective anyway. So long as they don't mind others reminding them of their own biases, don't lie, don't launch into personal atttacks instead of mustering logical arguments to support their biases, I'm perfect okay with that.

I currently own a Euro and a Japanese car myself; and like I said before, if the Euro's prove great deals in overall (termed) ownership cost, I don't mind getting one.
    Who's left the site besides dewey?
    You have right to post your criticism lf LS460, so long as Edmunds tolerates it, whether such criticism is valid or not."

Well, my criticisms of the LS460 echoed those of the Edmunds reviewer in his test drive of the vehicle, so if they don't tolerate my criticisms, it would be quite hypocritical.

I'm sure I will have fun at the event. Thanks! :)
    "I don't think you will see him running."

Ya got that right!

It's a free country. Everybody's got a right to post and also not to post if it is going to get you involved in a circular argument going nowhere.
    I don't agree with someone completely quitting the thread just because of an argument between 2 immovable forces.
    Heck, there'd be nobody left here, if that was the case!
    Well, the point is that NOBODY should leave. Hopefully Dewey is just taking a break. Oac should not have left either. Hopefully he will be back. Tag has said he won't engage Brightness any more. That is just not like him and I hope he reconsiders.

Brightness should be welcomed here as someone who is fairly objective, has prejudices like the rest of us, is knowlegable and knows how to debate. What's not to like about that?

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

But the guy that syswei was referring did have some valid points. The build quality of the LS, never a sour point, seems to be taken up a bit further. And the interior decor of the car I witnessed was simply stunning, altho the word peerless does not come to mind as it won't have Audi designers and engineers up at night.

Oh I agree. The most interesting comment I thought was about the paint quality, in this area Lexus has always been behind the Germans. The interior design is not hugely different from the 430's, but the materials do seem much richer and more luxurious. I agree about Audi's interiors... at least in the A8 which is definitely world class. The A4 though has a last gen look on the inside, they didnt change enough from the previous A4. The A6\Q7 interior I'm not nuts about. I prefer the previous A6's design.

Interestingly, while the LS430 looked fine without the NAV system, the 460 looks horrible. C&D's test 460L didn't have NAV, and the center stack was just a wall of buttons.
    I agree. I also disagree with other posters going out of their way to indicate they would rather respond to another poster's contribution rather than yours. I find this rather insensitive as there is no need to go out of one's way to hurt another poster's feelings. You don't want to respond, don't. No need to announce it.

Looking forward to checking out that 19 speaker ML system in the new LS. Getting my behind soothed from the swirling cool air emanating from that buttery soft perforated driver's seat won't hurt much either. Four more weeks.
    I hear you on the paint quality.

The 460 I saw was in a brilliant graystone metallic. This car makes some "base" German paints look econo, but the optional paints from MB and Audi are still tops.

And on the Audi interiors, I love the simplicity of the '98-'04 A6 over the current. That car's interior had a certain flare to it that was, at the time, unmatched in that class. And yes, the A4's interiors is nothing to boast about. It still has an edge over the 3 and C-Class, but given that these models aren't what you'd call a showstopper in the interior department, that's not saying much.

I hope that with the new '08 A4 they'll get back to the basics and infuse this car with the usual Audi glamour. This to go along with the new platform that is supposed to have BMW shakin' in their boots as Audi has stolen the top 20 engineers from BMW.

BTW: I thought I was the only one that thought the LS460 without NAV looked WORSE than a Camry's IP/dash. It simply looks down right spartan. NAV will be a must....
    The Tigers in 5 or better.

Well, maybe 5 but not better. Some writer predicted the Tigers in 3. I think he may have stirred up a hornets nest!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• anthonypanthonyp Member Posts: 1,860
    `Lord I sure would hate to hurt your feelings`, and may have done so by accident...I have posted your name hpowers vs hpowders, and am guilty...Sorry...I noticed with your (Sic) about a hundred posts ago...Now that I have cleared the air on that blunder, I hope Tag and Bright step back with mutual respect....Tag blasted me a year or so ago, when i tried to respond to an Audi question-----before they began to get noticed----and accepted his quasi apolagy, and have gone on to throughly enjoy his posts and largely agree with him...In fact I enjoy all the participants, but hugely disagree with Steve on the pricing, as I am the one who has to pay the bill...I understand his and the good Doc position though....Tony PS it may not have been Tag--that`s what forgiveness is all about forget