Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Safari/Chevy Astro

Comments

• dkelly23dkelly23 Posts: 4
    Jaime- My 2002 doesn't have that box and I don't remember if my 96 had one. My guess is that it is either just a connection box or possible (remote) is that maybe some sort of braking contraption.
  • jgd65jgd65 Posts: 7
    Thanks again fot the reply.
    Time to stop being lazy, just get out the multimeter, find the wires I need, and be done with it.

Take Care
    Jamie
  • tim_1tim_1 Posts: 3
    I have wired up the 8 wire trailer harness at the rear of the vehicle, but do not have any power coming to the auxliary wire (blue) or the fused auxiliary wire (orange) for the rv battery. I am assuming the wire needs to be hooked up at the fuse block or in the engine compartment, but cannot seem to find these wires up front.
  • lak2lak2 Posts: 1
    My 2000 GMC Safari has a problem where the dome light flickers on and off. Typically during a turn and more often when its raining. While it is happening I can here a clicking sound uder the dash. Help!
  • one87zukone87zuk Posts: 9
    You probably want to turn on the ignition. There should not be power when it is off. This keeps the trailer wiring from draining the vehicle power if there is a problem.
    Yes, I did think of this and still no power. I am really puzzled now. This was for a 1997 Safari if the year makes any difference.
  • astro102astro102 Posts: 2
    My 1994 Astro sounds like it is missing a cylinder. Can anyone give advice on getting to plugs? Is there any other maintenance you would suggest? 135,000 miles.
  • astro102astro102 Posts: 2
    f-up to last post

New serpentine belt, air filter, oil change, wiper switch, and ignition switch recently done by shop. thanks
  • one87zukone87zuk Posts: 9
    OK.
    Look under the dash to the left of the fuse block. There is what is called a "Conveinence Center" block. The block has wires and flashers pluged in. You want to find the ORANGE wire with a black end. The end will corrispond to a location on the block that will say "BLK" or "BLACK". THe plug should only go in one way, but who knows for sure. The wire should be plugged into the top right plug on the block. If it is not plugged in. Look around for a orange wire that is not plugged to anything. It is probably just sitting off next to the e-brake.
    Well thank you. After some digging I did find the wire and now have power. This power is constant with the ignition off, so I am hoping that is okay.
  • swimfan2swimfan2 Posts: 2
    I bought a new 2002 Astro Van and it has leaked water around the front windshield and back doors. I had the dealership go through the van and they found multiple seam leaks both over the b pillar and back around the tail lamp areas. Anyone else have these problems? If noway4 gets this message I would sure like to hear from him or anyone else with these problems!
  • jgd65jgd65 Posts: 7
    Well, not sure if this will be of any comfort. I have a 93, that leaks so badly you can hold you head out the window in the rain and not get as wet as sitting in the driver seat ! Have had the windshield checked and that is not the problem.

Jamie
  • Hi everyone

Im looking for information on my van I had to take it into the repair shop again and he said I was burning fuel. Well I told him before that it was using alot of gas. He said it could be the fuel pump but things that I have read about and some of the symptoms it doesnt have it always starts so no problem there I do use fuel injector cleaner because with my job it does go low on fuel. So what do you think other than what the mechanic said and yes it uses alot of fuel could it be the fuel pump, and does anyone know how much that cost to repair? thanks Heath
  • ezssssezssss Posts: 1
    Have a a 91 astro van with ABS. The cylinder in the front calipers won't release after the break is applied. If I bleed a small amount of fluid, the wheel will break free. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Ed Cook
  • 97xpresso97xpresso Posts: 249
    A fuel pump does nothing but pump fuel. It has no bearing on fuel consumption. The one in my '98 was very noisy and failed, but it pumped until it died with no bearing on fuel consumption. Fuel pump efficiency is measured at the fuel rail, - usually about 50 PSI.
  • In the Haynes manual it says that the relay on the fire wall to the left is for the fuel pump, but looking at the wires, none of the colors match. Also for checking for voltage on the connector to the fuel pump, what should you read there? I've read all 44 pages, and have gotten some ideas. My Ford Taurus had similar problems with the fuel pump, but it turned out to be the integrated control module connectorbad connection. I have a '94 Safari XLT, it's getting fire, but as of yet, I can't determine when and what points on which relay, I'm supposed to get voltage. I would really like some more advice in additional to what you guys have given.
  • In the Haynes manual it says that the relay on the fire wall to the left is for the fuel pump, but looking at the wires, none of the colors match. Also for checking for voltage on the connector to the fuel pump, what should you read there? I've read all 44 pages, and have gotten some ideas. My Ford Taurus had similar problems with the fuel pump, but it turned out to be the integrated control module connector bad connection. I have a '94 Safari XLT, it's getting fire, but as of yet, I can't determine when and what points on which relay, I'm supposed to get voltage. I would really like some more advice in additional to what you guys have given.
  • I have replaced the motor and the window will go up but won't go down. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I have also replaced the window switch and checked the fuses which are fine.
  • vemmyvemmy Posts: 1
    Please Help!! When driving on the highway or over hills my van suddenly develops a Clunk Sound. The first time it occured I thought we had been hit in the rear. The Clunk eventually stops or goes away but always returns after driving high speeds of 90km or more.
    Any Idea's what could be wrong?
    Also, my wiper motor is only working itermitantly. I see this is a problem for some other owners out there. What did you do to fix the problem? And dis the dealership do a re-call for this problem?
  • sailor5296sailor5296 Posts: 1
    I have replaced everything, I have a vibration @ about 50 mph, seems to come and go, shakes van bad thou. I have replaced the u joint, redone all the brakes (new), because it seemed to vibrate more when you stepped on the brake. Serviced the transmission,,(don't think it is trans)what do you think about the hydro booster?