Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Civic vs. Hyundai Elantra

Comments

• 1racefan1racefan Member Posts: 932
    In our current '02 Elantra with 90K miles, the seats still look brand new. The biggest complaint I have with it is the carpet. In my opinion, the carpet is pretty thin (not as plush as my other cars), and the original mats wore out pretty quickly. On the other hand, the carpet is pretty easy to vacuum clean, with it not being as thick (It doesn't seem to trap dirt down in it). I vacuum our cars out weekly, and have since they were new, so the Elantra still looks new on the inside - I have put new mats in it also. The rest of the interior has held up well.

We previously had a Civic ('96 model), and the seats and carpet in it were very nice. The biggest problem I had with it was some of the plastic interior parts/covers coming undone. I believe the headliner had also come undone at one point, and we had to get it put back in place. We kept the Civic until it hit 97K miles.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Interesting. My father's 2007 with 7k miles so far has been absolutely flawless, and I don't use that term loosely. No problems whatsoever.

I won't be seeing much of that car anymore though, the folks just moved to Oklahoma in it, leaving me in Alabama!
  • eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    I'll tell you that you have no right to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't like; you can only state why YOU like something more than any other something.

I used to own a 06 civic and the only problem i had was the visors that the dealer replaced for free.

My car had 21000! And i neverhad a problem with the seat fabric. Not to say you didn't get a dud because every car is prone to them; yes even hondas; but your particular case shouldn't be the reason no one buys a civic. You really think they would sell that well if it was such an issue, or an issue that EVERYONE had?
    i'm sorry your atmosphere has dissapeared. :P
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,324
    Nope its still here, just full of nasty little white stuff.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    The fabric on my seats are holding up beautifully and now that the Lug Bug problem has been resolved, it's probably the best car I've ever owned! It just does everything right...I couldn't ask for more. I think that I could stay with Honda for a very long time.
    WhooHoo!!!

The Sandman :)
  • targettuningtargettuning Member Posts: 1,371
    OK we can get into semantics over this I guess. I didn't go to anybodys house and under gunpoint TELL them not to buy a Civic...you are correct, more or less. I only state why I am totally sorry I bought one. I also notice you "used" to own a 2006 Civic. What happened to a relatively new car so that you no longer have it? Do I think I got a dud? NOPE,this site is full of 2006 owners with the exact complaints I have experienced right down to prematurely wearing fabric on the seats. They sell well because of one thing...the name HONDA which in my opinion is now carrying sales to some degree. The cars, at least the 2006 Civic, no longer have the quality to back that up.
    Yes this site; which probably represents a tiny little fraction of the immense population that owns the new civic. And in all honesty, there are many posters here that simply join to be flamers, leave a few negative posts and never come back. Not to say that anyone who has posted with problems about their civic isn't being legitimate, but i'm pretty sure its not to far fetched to say that some people hate honda enough to do things like that.

And remember we only have words on a screen to go by.

And maybe sometimes pictures.

If you would have read my other post, the reason we didn't get another civic is because the dealer we went to had no models any of the colors we were considering. There was absolutely nothing wrong with my car and i'd still be driving it if we could have had things our way. The dealer had no bare bones ex models; only a few lx's in atomic blue (which my wife thinks looks less than stellar on the new civic) and a decked out to the gills ex that was out of our price range.

My wifes car had negative equity and being newlyweds there was no way we were going to be able to counteract that and the easiest way our would have been trading in both of our cars since we wanted to car pool anyway.

Had honda had a royal blue lx coupe or ex coupe or sedan (with limited add on's i.e. no dvd nav) we would be driving that right now.

We stopped at the vw dealer as an afterthought and the rabbit was the right price, my wife liked it, and if i ever do trade it in, it will still be within its warranty. (Though i hope to run her up past 100k.)

We like our rabbit very much, and are glad that we see ourselves in a car that we see hardly any other people in. But we both know if he had the civic we really wouldn't care all that much.

In either case, my civic (with over 20k miles in less than a year mind you) still ate a nice chunk of her negative equity despite the fact that it was not even a year old yet, which says a lot about the resale value on the car( perhaps its hondas vehicles and not their name that sells cars huh? :blush: ).

We are happy with our rabbit but may consider a civic again when we can both afford newer cars.

And no i didn't need to re write that entire post, but i decided to do so just so that it would be clear.

Lets say you know about 30 other members who have civic seat fabric issues. How big of a percentage do you think that is when compared to all who own new civics? Its microscopic. I feel for your troubles, and theirs, but in the end, to say you got a dud makes a lot more sense than saying the new civic sucks. That isn't opinion; its common sense.

Did it ever occur to you that because the amount of civics honda sells, you probably will find more problems posted, just because of the sheer amount of people who have them. I know this is a bit of an afterthought, but still, common sense.

Again i'm sorry for your problem. You should ask all the other premature fabric posters what kind of pants they wear and if they are the same as yours. It may be possible that you all in a turn of fate, wear the exact pant that is NOT compatible with honda's fabrics. :P

Just kidding by the way.

At any rate, your whole "don't buy a civic" attitude is very off putting and you gotta realize that its hard to swallow a comment like that when you are basing yourself on a personal problem that very well could be something specific to the batch of civics yours was included in. It sucks, but still no reason to come off like that man.
    OK lets look at things this way then...you say there are a large amount of Civics sold, and there are no doubt. Of the huge amount of 2006/07 Civic owners how many DO have similar problems to mine and the other 30 (your random number) owners who post here? Because by far MOST owners do not even know about sites like these or if they do don't bother to post for one reason or another so the over all number of those with problems may not be as microscopic as you would like us to believe..just not represented here.
    I bought this 2006 Civic (my first Honda product of any kind) because I loved the styling, still do by the way, and was pretty much sure given all the hype and glowing print used by professional auto testers over the years that I was safe in doing so. On the drive home from the dealer (7 miles showing) I heard rear suspension noise over some bumps, oh oh. Time went on and it turned out that both rear shocks leaked and the right side was dry. In July last year with about 3K miles both rear shocks replaced ( a common problem with 06 and prior years). Somewhere along there the "lug-bug" noise showed up...waited a year for the TSB to acknowledge and fix that. Concurrently the "glove-box" noise became evident after the shock replacement quieted the interior down enough to hear that one. TSB outstanding for a fix which I haven't had the time to get to yet (motor mount needs replaced). I feel fortunate that I haven't had some of the other problems haunting other 2006 Civic owners e.g. oil leaks that require a fair amount of engine disassembly (another TSB issued for that one)...power steering leak (yet another TSB)requiring some elbow piping replacement. Some software upgrades to eliminate a "check engine" lamp (TSB issued for that). Engine immobilizer problems (cannot start car and another TSB). There are some other TSB issued for problems I forgot. I have printed those in case I experience some problem down the road a bit. Additionally, there appear to be paint, glass, and rust issues on relatively new Civics. Oh, lets not forget the cheap and very easily scratched interior plastics (especially the waffle pattern on the doors) and finally the upholstry on our 1995 Dodge Stratus looks much beter @ 180K miles (I wear ALL types of pants) than that on the 6.5K mile Civic. There is absolutely NO reason for the pattern to be wearing on these seats nor any reason for the fabric to be "bunching" up in one place. So, am I disgruntled that this Honda has been way less than expected..you bet! And the price ( EX automatic $19,680 sticker, no discount, last fall..$20K or over now). Even the deluxe EX model lacks many features found on competetors models found for much less...oh yeah they don't have that Honda "H". I will give you this however, resale is great and I intend to take advantage of it soon.
    Please do not tell me how to "come off" regarding this car. I spent a premium buck for a less than premium car so the least I expect is something I don't have to take in for repairs..TSB's installed etc. on a semi-regular basis. If I had wanted to spend my life in a customer service lounge...use charged leave time from work...travel to and from the dealer (about a 50 mi round trip) and general agravation I would have kept my Ford.
    Lug Bug problem has been it with my car. Runs great and love the torquey engine. My 1st Honda also and it's awesome. :)
    Just want to keep the discussion fair and balanced guys.

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Torquey compared to what? Oh, right--the Elantra:

Civic: 128
    Elantra: 136

:)
    He didn't say it was more torquey than the Elantra, just "torquey."

Personally, the Civic didn't feel that torquey to me, but after accelerating from a stop to about 65MPH down a straight, ampty, four-lane road once and only once in my dad's 2007, shifing manually at 6,800 RPM, I loved the major top-end rush the car had! What a hoot!
    My 1996 Accord has more low-end, but lacks the high-rpm thrust of the Civic.
    No, he didn't say more than the Elantra. But this is a discussion dedicated to comparing the Civic and Elantra, so why not compare?

Civics never felt torquey to me, either. They do have that high-rpm thrust, though. I just don't tend to wind up my cars to that degree--hurts fuel economy. Low-end grunt is more important to me than the rush at 6800 rpm.
    Depends on the style of driver I guess. I'm pretty conservative (and thus get good mileage usually). When I need to GO! though, I put my foot down, and send the car revving. To me, that's when having the power matters... wherever the tach ends up when I punch it, there better be power there over anywhere else.
    Backy lets not forget that the amount of torque the elantra has over the civic is not buy much and probably doesn't help much since even the engine of the elantra weighs more than the civic, so its a wash.

The civic is awesome for top end power.

And honestly its all about feel. My rabbit FEELS faster than my old civic, simply because of the torque. in reality though, it is only a tiny bit faster, and for having 17lbs of torque its suprising how 'not much faster' it is.

So in theory, you like the 'feeling'. But your not really going that much faster.

If you really wanna compare; lets talk about how the civic manages 140 horsies out of an engine .2 liters smaller than the elantra. (what does the elantra get? 138.)

And yes i know i have a 2.5 that gets 30mpg on the highway and only makes 150. But i got plenty of torque, and this is the elantra vs civic. (i felt i had to say it because someone else would have! :blush: )
    gracias gradutate. Totally agree.
    Yes, the 140 hp out of the 1.8L Civic engine is pretty good, better than the 138 out of the old Hyundai Beta engine. Not as good however as the hp from the 1.8L Hyundai/DC/Mitsubishi engine, which may wind up in the Elantra in the not-too-distant future. So it appears Honda is a little behind in hp, comparing the latest engines.

But the new 1.8L motor isn't in the Elantra yet (I felt I had to say that because someone else would have). ;)
    (I wear ALL types of pants)

A-Ha! That was great. I do too!

What do you mean they don't have that 'honda "H"'? Mine had it on the steering wheel, the front and the back. Triple H.
    (isn't that a wrestler?)

I feel for your probs target. I really do! I'd be unhappy as well. But i never EVER, EVER had any of those problems with my civic. Just the driver side window noise thing (which was barely audible even when it was doing it) and the visors. I got mine in november of 2005 so i dunno what the dillio was with yours. I can't explain it and never said i could, but to say you DIDN"T get a dud now may be far from the truth!

Are there other cars for cheaper that have more standard features? Yes. And alot of them are like that now, probably directly related to counter civic sales and the fact that people are eating them up.

If the lack of features upset you, why did you buy the car? Why not shop around, read these websites? Sorry bro but that is your fault not hondas.

Never considered a civic (even as nice as they are now) a true 'premium' car.
    Actually wether it exists or not is more my concern. What does that engine get 142? And how many auto makers collaborated on that one to get it together? :blush:

Honda did their's on their own. ;)
    Hyundai designed it. The DCX variant gets 148 hp. We'll have to see how much hp it has if and when it shows up in the Elantra.
    The rush starts before 6800, thats where the redline is.
    eight more huh? not to bad hyundai.

Honda is not behind anything. They had a 1.8 that made 170. Have yet to see anybody touch that but toyta and they needed yamaha's help to do it and it actually only puts out 164 and didn't rev as nicely to redline as b or k series engine. Lotus makes 190, but that is after some major tuning and isn't generally an affordable car for a lot of folks and not too practical, even though its awesome.
    Yes, the Civic hits peak hp at 6300 rpm... 300 rpm higher than the Elantra does.
    it also redlines at 6800, ...300 more than the elantra does. :)

Sorry backy i know you like having the last word. :P
    Why do you constantly see the need to insert personal snipes into your posts?

One question: how many times in your life have you taken a car to redline? I've done it exactly zero times in over 30 years of driving. At 4000 rpm (which I rarely hit btw), my Elantra is moving out so fast I can't imagine ever needing to get to 5000 or 6000 rpm, or even redline. Unless I were racing maybe.
    You do like to get the last word Backy...read all of your posts in here for a few years now. Yeah...you do!

The Sandman ;)
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Problem with the 06's is that they were all built in the US. Most of the 07's, including the one we just got yesterday, is built in Japan, assembled over there, and uses 60% Japanese parts.

I'd bet the entire farm and 20 years salary that all of the US built Civic problems completely disappear. When buying Japanese, buy Japanese! Trust me on this!
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    When you ask someone a question, as I did in my last post, you are giving them the chance to respond... and... have the last word. Right?

I guess I should feel honored you have taken all that time to read all of my posts for the past few years.
    I read all the posts in the Forums I'm interested in. I just remember more of those that have a slight attitude to them. That's all.
    I've been trying to accelerate between 3k rpm's and 4k rpm's when going from a dead stop and am quite amazed how the car drives. Very smooth. Our Mazda 3s is much more torqueier (?), but it has the larger 2.3 engine.
    I'm very interested to drive the Elantra now. I just feel a bit strange going into a Hyundai store for a test drive with no intention of buying. I hate to waste the salespersons time. Maybe on a slow Tuesday morning...?

The posts that stand out to me are those where people can't stick to the topic but instead make personal jabs or even attacks on other posters... like this one:

sandman46, "Honda Civic vs. Hyundai Elantra" #1500, 1 Mar 2007 4:38 pm

If you want to try an Elantra without wasting someone's time, you could rent one for a day or two. That's a better way to get a good feel for a car than a short test drive anyway.
    thanks sand. hes just in denial. :P
    zero times? Really? you've never tested your cars 0-60 times? I find that hard to believe.

Backy i'm 22 years old. I've run it PLENTY of times. How could you expect me not too! Not that being young has anything to do with it; geez my gramps even runs to redline for kicks! Anyway, Thats the fun of a honda engine, its what they are made for and where they excel at. Granted not ALL honda engines are torque less and require one to do this, but even the 2.4's in the tsx and accord are fun to do this with!

If you rarely hit 4000k? Oh goodness backy you are one of those 'slow mergers' aren't you? YOU ARE! :blush: You must be if you rarely' reach 4000k! What kind of car are you driving now? If its anything with a 4 speed auto i cant imagine you not EVER reaching 4000k.

Backy, don't be so sensitive. When it all comes down to it i'm just words on a screen and nothing more. Thats what everyone here is! I was having a civil discussion and wanted to poke a little fun at you, thinking you yourself would realize that you have a tendency to want the last word,(as even sandman has pointed out), but apparently that is too close to home for you to admit. Sorry you took a joke to heart.

I know alot of how you feel about me probably has to do with my rants awhile back in the fit vs accent forum and that was uncalled for. I didn't have all my fact straight, but just because i didn't say some of them in the nicest way, didn't mean that some of them weren't valid.

Anyway back to the civic vs. the elantra.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Let's drop ALL these personal comments and talk about the cars instead of each other.

And I'll take the last word on that, thankyewverymuch. :)
    If you rarely hit 4000k? Oh goodness backy you are one of those 'slow mergers' aren't you? YOU ARE! You must be if you rarely' reach 4000k! What kind of car are you driving now? If its anything with a 4 speed auto i cant imagine you not EVER reaching 4000k.

I drive a 4 speed auto Elantra wagon and I always try to keep it under 3K RPM's and I always keep up with traffic coming off of stop lights (unless there is only one car in front of me and they take off like a bat out of hell). Heck many times when I am first in line and keep it under 3K the cars next to me don't pass me. Most of the entrance ramps around here allow me the luxury of entering the highway an normal speeds keeping the RPM's well under 4K.

Oh, I don't know that I would "bet the farm" AND 20 years salary on that little "fact". The truth of the matter as I know it is that the very earliest 2006 Civics were built in Japan in order to allow the Ohio plant to ramp-up production on the new style. Then there was a period where you could expect to see both on dealers lots as the Ohio plant started to produce. Then, and finally, the Japanese produced cars ceased to be imported as Ohio production came totally on line. Some early Ohio produced cars had Japanese built engines and that quickly ceased also and now all 1.8 engines are built in Ohio. As far as I know the automatic transmissions are still built in Japan. The Si sedan and coupe MAY be produced in Japan (don't know) but I am very sure the run of the mill Civic,both coupe and sedan,are made in the U.S. of A. and Canada.
    You may be correct US built problems MAY disappear eventually, however that will be far too late for me since I will not buy another.
    I meant the competition doesn't have an "H"... well at least an upright one (Hyundai H slants). The one designating HONDA to the world.
    Hyundai ALWAYS had more features than Honda for far less. And as far as why I bought Honda verses Hyundai, well I explained that too a couple of times when accused, as you accuse me,of "not shopping around" and not knowing what is out there. I knew very well what was available but in a nut-shell and one more time...in the fall of 2005 gas hit an all time high (over $3.00 per gal)I had an SUV that I was otherwise happy with ( a Santa Fe) gas price uncertainty prompted a switch to a smaller car (read fuel efficient). I knew a redesign was in the works for the Elantra and couldn't wait for it to be released and didn't want an "old" design in a new car. Couldn't get a Corolla with any safety features I wanted e.g. ABS/traction control/side airbags etc. because none of those features were available in my region...too bad for Toyota. Didn't want a Mazda 3,didn't want a Ford Focus,certainly didn't want a Cobalt/Cavalier/or any of the GM variants.I seriously considered a Sonata but desided to go smaller yet. Saw the styling of the 2006 Civic, loved it, felt good at the time about buying a Honda, bought it and the rest is history.
    While the Civic isn't a premium car by definition it is by size class verses price asked. Come on, over $20K sticker puts it squarely into larger car territory e.g. Sonata..Optima...Fusion..Malibu (I'm not real sure about Honda's own Accord these days)and maybe a Camry.
    maybe your ramps are different. Then there are the differences in speed limits (ours are 70 and most people are doing well around 85.)
    size wise its a premium car? Looks pretty compact to me, fairly roomy but i don't understand whats 'premium' about the size or room. (maybe the awesome flat floor.

Thats fine if you didn't want those other cars, i'm just saying if thats your best reason for not going for a better equipped car for less, its still your thing and no one can help that.

around 20k for a compact seems pretty much the standard these days despite what hyundai offers. You can get the malibu and fusion, but the resale on them is probably awful. (not to mention their 20k price tags are for bare bones four cylinders.)

The civic (except the si) does not have traction conrol either.

Sorry about your woes target.

No one is disputing that hyundai offers more for less. They have to have some appeal you know. ;)
    Why is this so difficult to understand? The Civic falls into a class of cars that is populated by Elantra..Focus...Corolla...Mazda 3...Sentra..Kia Spectra...Cobalt and others. And no it isn't a premium car size wise but it is a premium price for a car in this class...in other words you end up paying MORE for say a Civic EX sedan automatic than most of these others. Yeah, one could buy a Civic DX but without even a radio or AC standard who would want to? Even that stripper is over $15K.
    What? you are now second guessing my reasons for the Honda..you think I should offer a better one for not buying another brand? I trusted Honda would give me a better car than I received. Yeah, my bad..trick me once!!
    For $20K you can get a whole lot more car than the Civic resale value not withstanding.
    And traction control isn't the only thing missing on the Civic. A 2007 Elantra SE has the following standard:
    Fog lights (optional on the Civic)
    Heated side mirrors on all Elantras (not available on Civic)
    4 wheel disc brakes standard on even the cheapest Elantra (available standard only on the EX or most expensive Civic)
    multi-function trip computer (not available on any Civic)
    XM radio (last I looked an $800.00 dealer installed option on other than GPS navigation system equipped Civics a nearly $2000.00 option)
    heated front seats (an option on the SE) not available on the Civic.
    A bigger passenger and luggage volume on the Elantra
    The Elantra does not have traction control..neither does the Civic.
    Oh and lets not forget the warranty. And don't tell me you will constantly need it on the Hyundai.
    Take it from me pricing isn't the only area Hyundai has appeal...
    You can be as sorry as can be but that doesn't change the fact myself and more than a few others do not view Honda as the best there is. Obviously there are those who refuse to believe this can be true..keep dreaming.
    Considering the prices a much bigger and quite efficient (for its size) Accords are going for ($18k-$19k for LX and SEs), I'm surprised more peoople aren't just going for them. My Accord felt like "more car" than my dad's Civic, and now the 4-cylinder Accords are similar in price to the Civic. (My dad paid less than $17,500 for his Civic EX Sedan and got blue-book trade-in value for "Excellent" for his 2-year old Accord w/69k miles).
    Well some ramps I take ar quite long some not so long and some quite short. Speed limits around here are 55 but most people do what they feel like. There have been many times when I am just keeping up with traffic and I look down and see that I am doing 90. Other times you are lucky to occasionally get past 35.

A constant 3,000 RPMs will keep me going a little over 75 MPH and with 132K on the odometer I rarely go past that. I can easily do well around 85 at 3500 RPMs.

But most of my driving is on regular streets and I rarely hit 3k RPMs unless for some odd reason I need a quick burst of speed (say an emergency maneuver or passing on a country road).

Starting out behind some cars at a stop light if I get it up to 4K RPMs I would rear end the guy in front of me the vast majority of the time.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    Just got the wife a new Civic the other day, and yes, it is assembled in Japan, and yes, the engine and transmission are both from Japan (40% Japanese parts, the rest is US and Canadian). I'm very happy that my VIN # starts with a J. Some of the Civics on the lot still have a VIN that starts with a 1, which means it was assembled in the US, and furthermore, that your more likely to have rattle problems.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • nthenthe Member Posts: 414
    "around 20k for a compact seems pretty much the standard these days "

honda is the most expensive compact sold. mazda 3, corolla, focus, cobalt (and all gm models of it), spectra, lancer, sentra, and forenza all start fairly far below in price than the civic. so no, 20K for a compact is NOT the standard these days.
    Actually the Civic and Mazda3 are pretty comparable in price and available features (e.g. both offer navigation, a rarity in this class). Cobalt can get pricey for the SS model. Jetta is perhaps the priciest in the class, excepting the luxury brands.

For sure (and on topic), there is a large price disparity between the Civic and Elantra now, especially looking at out-the-door prices. Is Civic worth the extra money? That is the question...
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    I wouldn't pay $2000 +/- for navigation in a car. If I needed it, I'd buy one of the many quality, portable models available at a cost of $350 to $500 from various brand names.
    Hudson's Street Atlas costs about $12. And MapQuest is free. :)
    And MapQuest is free.

yeah but that cable for the internet connection has to be very long. :blush:

Scout motto: "Be prepared." :)

Or get a wireless card e.g. Sprint for the ol' laptop.
    As I previously stated I was under the impression that Japaneese built Civics were discontinued for U.S. sales soon after the introduction of the "new" style for 2006 in the fall of 2005. Is this car a new 2007 DX..LX..or EX sedan or coupe? The plant in Ohio and the one in Canada should have the capacity to fill the needs for North America/Canada so unless you bought an Si sedan or coupe I am suprised a garden variety Civic would be made in Japan and imported for sale in the U.S. of A. As far as I know there is no quality difference in where they are made..ask Honda. All their plants have the very best quality control known to man..ask Honda.
    After re-reading my post,above,I feel the need to clarify the statement that Japan built Civics were discontinued soon after the introduction of the 2006 style. Yeah I know that Civics have been built in the US for some time. What I actually meant is that Japanese built 2006 "new" style Civics were imported for a fairly short period to allow the Ohio plant to ramp up their production. Once this was accomplished they were (I am fairly sure)discontinued. Both the Japan built and the earliest Ohio built 2006 Civics had Japanese built engines and automatic transmissions. By the time I bought mine (at the end of Oct 2005)it had an Ohio built engine as did all subsuquent U.S.A. models but they still import the 5 speed auto transmission. So, I presume the Si model is the only Civic imported from Japan. I am also assuming the poster who bought a new (2007?) Civic from Japan is in the USA.
This discussion has been closed.