Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Grand Prix - 2000-2005

Comments

• bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    Are there any cup holders in the back seat? I was unable to find any in my friends new GP.
  • mobuickguymobuickguy Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone,

I'm a Regal GS owner with a car I might want to trade in sometime during the next few months. With the Regal going into the dustbin of history, what are some things you GP GTP owners have to report?

I know the new GTP is modified to pump out a bit more hp but the same torque. Do most of you find the ride to be kind of on the harsh or tolerable side for the new/old GP GTP's?

You might say, "why not buy another GS?" Well, good luck finding one. Most GS owners are happy with their cars, despite declining sales the past few years, and seem to be holding onto them. I know the cars are supposed to be essentially similar, but you never know what one GM division might do better/worse than another one might.

Thanks
  • midlifecrisismidlifecrisis Member Posts: 391
    Much to my amazement, Pontiac decided to build the 04 Grand Prix without rear cupholders. Supposedly this will be addressed in the 05 model.
  • yurakmyurakm Member Posts: 1,345
    You wrote: the cars are supposed to be essentially similar

Except:

1. comfort, and
    2. attracting cops attention.

I saw few used GS for sale on e-bay.
  • orwoodyorwoody Member Posts: 269
    The 2004 GP is a large step forward in refinement over the previous generation. I owned a 1996, 2000(GTP) and 2003 GP's. i didn't buy a 2004 but have lived in a 2004 as a rental at least a half dozen times and driven a few thousand miles in it. My M-in-law owns a 2000 GS. The Buick has a higher level of nicer trim, fit and finish. It isn't as quick, but the ride is a bit softer, and handling doesn't feel as crisp. But my biggest complaint with the 2004 GP would be around the Mtls, fit & finish and the bright red driver info LCD.

I recommend you rent one for a day (unlimited miles) and drive it.
    I like the info LCD, although I can see how it might look a little cheesey. I LOVE my HUD - it's one of the reasons I got the 04 GP.
  • carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    I sat in the backseat of my family's 02 GP last weekend. We went from Jersey to Virgina: 6 hours to Virgina on Saturday and then 6 hours back to Jersey on Sunday. The GP's backseat was pretty comfy to sit in for that long of a trip.
    This weekend I have to take the family to Boston, which is a 6-hr trip. I'm debating whether to take the GP or my Chevy Avalanche. The truck has a lot more room, but gets terrible gas mileage.
  • gunitgunit Member Posts: 469
    I would disagree about the 2004 GP being a "large step forward in refinement over the previous generation" Especially when the previous generation had automatic digital climate control, rear seat cup holders and child proof rear door switch, something the 2004 lacks!! Furthermore the back seat was slightly better on the 1997-2003 then the brick of a backseat on the 2004, IMHO. Also the supposed new for 2004 GP is built on the SAME chassis and uses the same drivetrain as the 1997 Grand Prix, LOL! The engine sound was just as loud in the 2004 as the 1997 I had.

I have personally owned a 1997 GTP coupe and now 2002 GTP coupe and have driven the 2004 many times as a rental. I will NOT be buying a new GTP until GM brings back a coupe. I guess it will be a GTO next time around in 2007 if it is still around.

BTW the supercharged Buick Regal is just as fast as the GTP, same 0-60 and 1/4 mile specs. The Ultimate sleeper,knowone expects that Buick to run a sub 6.8 second time, LOL!
  • tateostateos Member Posts: 36
    Does anyone know if the 4T65E used on the 2004 GTPs uses the same type of "semi-permanent" (replace only if damaged) transmission pan gasket as used on the 4T80E in my Eldorado?

Thanks for your response.
  • dan165dan165 Member Posts: 653
    I don't think there will be a Grand Prix coupe any time soon again. I think the Monte Carlo gets a refresh next year so you might want to look there. Coupes are still slow sellers in the midsize car world. GTO is definitely a step up but it also costs $$ more.

I do think the new GPs a re a bit more refined though. Not a lot, but a little. All good anyway.
  • 88kx88kx Member Posts: 5
    I'm hearing problems with the 3800 Gen II engines and the intake plentum. Seems GM located the egr near the plastic plentum and it warps the plastic allowing coolant into the intake system. Can't believe at least 5yrs worth of production on that engine is doomed to fail and there is no recall or anything being done by GM to help owners that have over 50K. It's and engineering defect that they finally cured by going back to metal plentums on the Gen. III engines. I would not recommend buying any GM products with 3.1 3.4 or 3.8 engines. That doesn't leave much does it.
  • montanafanmontanafan Member Posts: 945
    As you are aware, there is nothing to be afraid of with your 2000 Grand Prix. The upper intake degragation issue concerns the 1995-1998 (not 5 years) as you have posted before. And even if an owner was to ignore the coolant loss, the engine is not doomed to fail. Even engines that have been hydrolocked, have had th eupper manifold replaced and run again. Seems to be more reports of it happening with the Bonneville then the Grand Prix for some reason. The price of the upper manifold has been coming down since aftermartket units have been introduced. So the cost isn't that bad if you have to do it once your extended service plan runs out.
  • orwoodyorwoody Member Posts: 269
    Actually Pontiac did a recall on Non-supercharged Series II 3800 through the 2003 model. (They had a beefier intake on the SC) I got the recall for my 2003 shortly after purchasing it. I do believe there was something in the notice about owners with cars out of warranty.
    I would ask or even call a regional rep to see.
     The recall on the 2000 to 2003 was for the replacement of throttle body mounting nuts that could loosen and the addition of cooling seal tabs. Had nothing to do with the 1995-1998 Upper intake manifold degragation issue the first post was talking about.
    Date: July 1, 2004

Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall
    04055 – Front Frame Assembly

Models: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix

Based on information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) web site, the media may report that General Motors will be announcing a safety recall involving certain 2004 model year Pontiac Grand Prix vehicles.

Some of these vehicles may have cracks in the structural walls of the front frame assembly – right rear body mount bracket. Loads on the bracket during vehicle use could cause failure of the right bracket, and both rear body mounts could eventually detach from the frame structure. If this occurred, the rear of the frame would drop further, possibly causing the steering intermediate shaft to become detached from the rack and pinion steering assembly, resulting in a total loss of steering control.

To correct this condition, dealers will inspect the front frame assemblies for specific manufacturing date stamps on 315 suspect vehicles. They will replace the engine cradle assemblies in 51 vehicles that may have cracked brackets. These repairs will be performed at no cost to the customers.

GM is working with its suppliers to obtain the parts needed to correct this condition as quickly as possible. Based on the anticipated schedule, we plan to begin notifying customers about this recall during the third quarter of 2004. GMVIS information will not be available until the recall is formally announced.
  • bobinnjbobinnj Member Posts: 22
    I purchased a 2004 Grand Prix GTP via direct factory order in Sept. 2003. The vehicle has performed generally without problems until this summer when, in fairly hot weather (>/= 90F), I notice the AC takes a long time to cool the cabin, especially after it's been sitting in the sun for a few hours, (this is with the fan and thermostat set to max cool and recirculate button on). Even after 15-20 mins, having open the windows initially to let the hot air out, the air coming out of the vents is not very cool, and definitely not ice cold, as my Nissan SUV puts out. It feels more like just the fan blowing, with little refrigeration. I have taken the GTP to 2 different Pontiac dealerships, who have checked the freon level, done a 'dye' test (for freon leaks?) and temp. check and told "nothing is wrong, it's cooling to 45 degs - thats' how it's supposed to work.". I even had my salesman let me sit in a new '04 GTP on the lot and check the AC, and it seems to be the same way - takes at least 10 mins to blow cool, and never ice cold. One of the service advisors at the dealership made the comment, "GM redesigned their AC units a while back". I don't know if he meant there was a change in the type of freon, which I think has been done industry wide, or something else, but I haven't been able to find any info on this on the net. Wonder if any other '04 GP owners have experienced the same thing, or if this is unique to my GTP? I've owned quite a few non-GM cars in the past 20 years with AC's, and this definitely is not cooling very well compared to them. Any suggestions - other than to move to Canada or Alaska?
    Just read your question about the 'heat' problem inside your new GP. I have a Sport Red GTP with light parchment leather, but I have noticed after the car has been sitting in the sun for several hours, the cabin is quite warm, and despite cranking the AC up to max., opening the windows initially, and then putting on the recirculate button, I can't get it to cool down sooner than about 15-20 mins. When it's really hot out, it feels like the air coming out isn't even refrigerated. Had it to the dealer 3X (2 different ones) and had the AC thoroughly checked and told everything was as per specs. Even sat in a new GTP on the dealers lot, with max AC on and it seemed to work the same - quite a long delay in cooling down. Now that the hot weather is here - wonder if anyone else has noticed this problem and if this is unique to the new GP, or model-wide for GM now? This is my first GM car, but family members have owned many Buicks, Chevys and Pontiacs over the years and they always had strong air conditioning - to the point where you had to turn it down it got so cold after a few mins. Defnitely not the case with my '04 GTP.
    Well living in Canada in July is just as bad as anywhere for heat with all the humidity right now. With the humidex it can top 100F around here. The a/c in my 04 GT works great, ice cold. I can not see how they will not fix or replace your unit. Clearly something is wrong.
    Thanks for your input. Question - if you have your GT in the sun, 90F or higher for a few hours, with the cabin hot when you get in, how long does it take to cool down to where it's comfortable (or you have to turn down the AC)? Mine is definitely not getting 'ice cold' so guess it is defective, but dealer is unwilling to do anything. Guess my only recourse is writing to zone manager, or Detroit, a lot of good that will do! - Bob
    The biggest problem with contacting Detroit is that two different dealers have pronounced the system as operating properly. Being in a dealers shop will not duplicate the conditions you are having in the parking lot. One thing that could cause something like what you are talking about would be if the recirculation function is not working and the hot outside air is still coming in. A test to determine if the air is stuck on outside, is to place a piece of paper the size of a dollar bill on the outside air inlet grille. With the A/C on in either bi-level or vent , observe the paper. If the paper is pulled down and stays down on the grille when recirculation is pressed, then the air recirculation door is stuck on outside air.
    It takes about 5 minutes driving to really cool down from peak 100+ heat.

My suggestion is to talk to the service manager of the place where you bought the car. If you have done that, make an appointment with the owner of the dealership and have him come down and sit in the car with you. You have a lot more clout at the dealer you bought from as they want you back as a customer. I can't tell you if your car a/c is as cool as it should be but perhaps ask to sit in another GP and compare with the manager and show him it's not right.
  • rkw2rkw2 Member Posts: 66
    The AC on my 2004 GP also does not cool down properly. I'm in NJ and we have not had the dog days of summer yet and it takes a very long time to cool down the car. If I'm driving at 55 mph or more it is acceptable, but not great. But at lower speeds its not very effective. I've found that the dash board gets extremely hot and I can sometimes feel the heat coming off of that. This maybe part of the problem. I've used the sun reflectors when I park the car and they do not help. Even my wife who is always cold has complained that the car is too hot. I've complained to the dealer twice about it and as others have stated they tested it and its within the factory specs. The service writer told me that I was the first to complain about it. (yeah right).I just dread getting into the car when we get the 95 plus high humidity days.
    OK, guys - here's the deal on my AC problem. I DID SIT IN ANOTHER 2004 GP (GTP, brand new, on dealer's lot) and it was the same lousy performance on the AC. Car was sitting in the hot parking lot all day, salesman started it up and we sat in it with doors closed. It took a very long time (at least 10 mins) to get barely cool air coming out, and after about maybe 15 mins it became cool. This is about the same way mine works, and it looks like others are having the same thing (see RKW2). I would conclude that this must be a poor design issue (eg. cutting corners on AC unit BTU ratings to save a few bucks?) and not a mechanical malfunction with my vehicle's AC, since another similar GP worked the same, and at least one other person is experiencing the same poor performance. So, besides trying to contact the zone mgr, who so far has been unresponsive, my only recourse is to contact GM Management and tell them what a lousy piece of cr*p AC unit they're putting in their new GP's. Not to mention to spread the word far and wide that the new GP AC's system is a cheap, poorly performing unit and to avoid buying this vehicle unless they never plan to need AC! If any of you are experiencing a similar problem, please write in to this forum, contact Zone Managers and GM Corporate. I'm probably stuck with this lemon, but I'm not going to let GM get away with selling this crap to the public. Too many well engineered vehicles out there that blow ice cold after 5 mins. No more GM crap for me.
    For those interested in contacting GM Corporate, I posted several names and an address I found off their corporate site (www.gm.com), but it was removed by the sysop. Apparently posting names of officers of publicly traded corporations like GM, who are in the public domain, is not permitted here. If any of you are interested in contacting GM CEO, VP's of N. America sales/service, etc., you can find them on the GM site under investor relations (click the link to corporate officers) along with their mailing address in Detroit.
  • evandroevandro Member Posts: 1,108
    I guess they cheapened out. They've probably figured that domestic cars having a decent AC didn't translate into sales. As the import competition offers an AC that sucks, yet sport leading sales, GM has probably concluded that the consumer didn't care about toasting for 15min.

Well, I for one love having the cabin at 70F after 5min in the car in a 100F day in Texas...
  • tek3tek3 Member Posts: 20
    In my experience, you can't just let a car idle and expect it to get cold very fast. Keep in mind ,the higher the RPMs, the more effective the compressor will be since it runs off of a pulley. My 2004 GP gets very cold and I've had no complaints this summer or last summer.
  • fantascpfantascp Member Posts: 175
    I have a question on this- was anything at all changed on the A/C units from 03 to 04 when they re-designed the car etc that might be causing this problem for some 04 owners?
     I have the 2003 GT and it takes no more than 5 minutes to go very cold- (MAX AIR- blower on 4 or 5)in the car, even after sitting in the heat with all windows closed - over 90 degrees etc.
    I'm not a mechanic in any stretch of the imagination, but I would think that if all you are getting is cool air and not cold A/C, after 10 to 15 minutes, there is a problem with the A/C.
    Is it possible that maybe the AC problem is with the 04 GTP- S/C engine and not the GT 1 or 2- N/A
    The S/C was changed but I don't think GM changed the regular N/A engine .

Dan- your 04 is a GT. and you said you don't have any problems with the AC.

What model is rkw2 and tek3's ?

bobinnj- you said you tried another GTP- did you try a GT1 or GT2 to see if it was the same results?

Maybe i'm shooting at stars on this one, but who knows, it may be worth trying either a GT1 or GT2 out to see if both the GTP and GT engines A/C Units are performing the same way.

Good Luck.
    You are absolutely right. A/C does not kick in properly idling. The a/c works best when you are driving and especially if you are accelerating. Perhaps that's the problem people are having?

I have no complaints at all. It was stinking hot in the car on Saturday afternoon and my GP was cool after 5 minutes on the highway. Maybe there are some bad units or maybe people expect to cool their car off idling, I'm not sure what the issue is here?
    Mine takes a bit to cool off, but I figure that's due to leather seats, sunroof and sitting in the sun for 12 hours. The interior continues to give off heat even as the cabin air starts to cool. Remember the front and rear windshields are quite large.

There was a thread on ClubGP.com which indicated there was a problem with the recirculating feature not working correctly on quite a few 04 GPs.
  • evandroevandro Member Posts: 1,108
    My Alero, my Intrigue and my Bonneville cool down the cabin after 8h under a 100F in 5min even idling in the parking lot.
  • jeffwoerthjeffwoerth Member Posts: 15
    I've had my 04 GTP since May 2003. I had previously leased a 2000 GT and loved it. This piece of garbage has been in and out of the dealer's garage on nearly a monthly basis now. I've had problems with everything from constant rattling sounds to engine hesitation. The brakes have been replaced 2x and they still won't stop squealing. To say that I am completely disappointed in the car is an understatement. Yes this car has good power handling but overall the quality is just not there. I'm taking a bit of a beating but I'm trading it in for a 300C and I will never buy another Pontiac again.
    Ouch..... taking a beating $$ is an understatement. Good luck, I'd stick it out if I were you.
    I was going to hold off for another year or so but I couldn't stand seeing it in my garage anymore so I ordered the 300C last Tuesday. In addition to the actual problems I've had, Pontiac did a very poor job in simple design. For example they didn't put child locks on the rear doors, and did not design the rear seats to functionally fit a child's car seat. Even the little things like the cheesy pop-up door locks began to annoy me.
    My '04 GP is the GTP with S/C engine. I have experienced delayed cool down whether I'm idling or driving. Over the weekend, with outside temp. approx. 90 degs, I drove with AC on Max, and noted the time. It took over 12 mins for the air to run cool, but not ice cold. After about 15-20 mins it got cooler, but again not ice cold. This was during active driving at 30-40 mph. Clearly, this is not normal performance for a modern AC unit (I even put up a silver sunscreen in front window to try and cut down on the heat).

The test vehicle was a new '04 GTP ('Special Edition'?). I didn't drive it - only idled it, but it seemed to take about same time to cool as my vehicle.

Good question about GT1/2 vs. GTP engine. Perhaps the units are different? Two different dealers couldn't give me an answer. Anyone on here have info on the specs. on the AC units of the GT vs GTP's?

Compared to my Nissan SUV - that cools down in under 5 mins, with windows closed, hot as hell in the cabin, etc. Like night and day. Have to turn it down as it gets too cold afte about 6-7 mins. Like night and day compared to the Pontiac.

That's about all I can say, but I am curious about the GT vs GTP issue, not that that would do me much good at this point. IF I had known about a difference, if indeed there is one, I definitely would have gone the GT2 route.
    Jeff- I have not had any problems with the GTP other than the poor cooling issue, although I have not racked up a lot of miles yet. I do notice a bit of brake squeal, but it's not very bothersome. I am curious why you are switching to the 300C? I have seen a few on the street and they look pretty sharp, but never rode in one. I've owned the 300M and Concorde and they were both very good - with little problems (Concorde developed a ignition coil problem, but it was easily replaced under warranty). Only complaint was the cab forward design, but I see they've finally wised up and ditched it in favor of standard cabin. Good luck with the 300C and let us have a comparo when you get it. I may be right behind you! (Are you getting the V6 or hemi version?).
    I suspect that modern A/C units are not as cool as freon injected ones of past years. That said, I am completely satisfied with the performance of the A/C in my GT2.

Jeff, the 300C is a beautiful car but still a first year car. Hopefully you will not have another disappointing experience. Good luck.
    One more to add to the list of issues. This morning my daughter noticed water in the rear driver's side reading light and it appears to be coming in through the strip that runs along the top side of the roof.
    Bob- I went with the V8 HEMI. I had taken the 300 Limited (6 cylinder) out for a test drive a few weeks back and was quite impressed. Last week I had the opportunity to drive the 300C w/ the HEMI and I was sold. I'll follow up in a few weeks after it comes in.
  • jlgoldenjlgolden Member Posts: 32
    I've had my 2004 GP GT1 for almost a year now, and have 32000 mostly trouble-free miles on it. After a terrible experience with a 2001 Alero, I swore I'd have to go back to the imports, but the new Grand Prix has restored my faith in GM products! It's a great highway cruiser that offers alot of power, style, and features for the price, (factoring in the $$$ rebates of course). Sorry to hear of others' not-so-great experiences with their GPs. There will always be a tiny few who have a hard time with a certain car... even blessed Toyotas, Mazdas, and Hondas.
  • rkw2rkw2 Member Posts: 66
    I have a GT1. I terminated my lease in a special GM early termination program on my 2000 Alero ( a piece of crap). Even when parked in a garage, the car will not cool down properly. I need to be driving at 55 mph plus in order to get and keep teh car comfortably cooled but nit as cold as Ilike it. I think part of the problem is the large front and rear window. I find that a lot of heat comes from the top of teh dash. Other than this I am very happy with the car....it has a better ride, lots more power and comfort thatn the Alero and gets better gas mileage. I also wish it was sized more like a Camry or Accord.
  • idntnvuidntnvu Member Posts: 254
    My dad has a '98 GP GT. On Sunday, I was driving it, and had rolled the windows down (it's a two door), and when I decided to roll the windows back up, the passenger window went up slowly, but without incident (both windows have always been rather slow going up) but when I went to put the driver's window up, it started going up extremely slowly, and then smoke started pouring out of rocker switch on the door. I didn't want the window to get stuck in the down position, so I kept going until the smoke got real bad, and the window lacked about 2 inches of reaching the top. Then, when I tried to make it go up again, it wouldn't do anything. I kept rocking the switch back and forth until it finally shot up that last 2 inches really fast, with another puff of smoke from the switch, and now the window will not go down at all. I know a large portion of GM vehicles have had a history of power window switches and motors going out, but I'm not sure what this was, the switch or the motor. Anyone else have a clue? I'd think the switch shorted out, but electronics can be confusing. Has anyone else with GP's had a similar problem? What was the fix for it? And the most important thing, what kind of $$$ are we talking about to fix it? Any info is helpful, Thanks!

idntnvu
    I think you must have a lemon because the Grand Prix owners I know of (3) all seem to have pretty much trouble free cars. It's too bad, but I'm sure you will enjoy the "Hemi" powered 300C. I have seen hundreds of them pass me on the highway on trucks as I live 20 km from the plant in Brampton ON. Only down side on the car as far as I can see is the mileage #s on them. No worse than an SUV though!
  • idntnvuidntnvu Member Posts: 254
    My dad took his car to the dealership near where he works (Superior Pontiac in West Jefferson, NC), told them what was wrong and left it this morning. This afternoon he returned after work to pick it up, and was told it was the switch itself that needs to be replaced, at a cost of $72 for the part and $50 to put it in. All it takes is popping out the switch plate, unhook the wires, take the switch faces off, remove the old switch box, put the new one on, put the faces back on, hook it back up, pop it back into the door. It can be done in 5 minutes. They did not check the window motor. Dad said the guy at the service counter didn't act like he wanted to be there...wasn't helpful, didn't care etc...and when he went to get in his car, he noticed it was very hot...and he noticed someone had opened the shade on the sunroof...I take that back, hadn't opened it, but SHOVED it back inside the headliner. Now, it's stuck, and won't come back out to cover the sunroof. Now, tell me, at what point would the service technician need to open the sunroof shade in order to check the switch panel ON THE DOOR?!?!? What an idiot. Dad and I worked for a good 45 minutes trying to get the shade back out, but no luck. He's almost afraid to take it back tomorrow due to the fear they may tear something else up. The car was clean as a whistle too, and now theres grease and crap all inside the car. If Pontiac's supposed "factory trained technicians" are this sloppy and careless, you can count anyone in my family out of ever owning another one. Anyone else had their sunroof shade get stuck?
    Well, not being an HVAC engineer, I am going to speculate that the problem we may be experiencing is an underpowered AC unit. I say that because if I keep the car in the dark garage over night, it cools down fairly well. However, with it sitting in the sun for several hours, and the interior cabin temp over 90F, that is when I notice inadequately refrigerated air coming out of the vents. So when the cooling requirements are minimal, it's up to the job. When you put a big load on it - it can't handle it. Kind of when everyone used window unit AC's and you tried to cool a large bedroom with a low BTU rated unit - took a long time to cool, if ever. Going up to bigger BTU rated unit did the job. Since you have the GT1, I think we can rule out the non S/C vs. S/C engine issue. Bottom line - I think they decided to go with a lower BTU-rated compressor to 1) cut costs, 2) cut size/weight, 3)both? I don't have access to the AC unit BTU specs on the '04 GP,but I'd love to know if it's gone down since the '03 model year. Anyone can find that out?
    FYI: Just got called by Pontiac customer service (they know me by now because I've been complaining about my AC problem). No help on the AC, but they did inform me of a current recall on the '04 GP. Apparently models made after Aug. '03, may have a loose connector in the rear brake line. Contact your dealer to have it checked. He didn't say anything about a possible recall on the defective front frame, that someone mentioned. Anyone have more info on that?
    Maybe they need to change their name to "Mr. BADwrench"? Seriously - I'd contact Pontiac Customer Service and report the problem. They'll inform the dealer of what happened. I'd write a letter to the dealership owner too. He should be made aware of the unprofessional way that mechanic did the job. Nothing like bad word-of-mouth advertising about a dealer's service shop to drive away customers. If I were the dealer, this guy would be history. Good luck.
    Just punched in some part #'s at rock auto parts- re A/c compressor and A/c condensor- for the 2002,03 and 04 GP

the prior generation GP's- have a different A/c Compressor and Condensor-
    I did not do the complete list of all the a/c parts- pulleys etc- just the two big items.

the 02 and 03 GP/s- Supercharged and N/A's- 3.8
    v-6's have the same unit
    AC Delco Compressor #1520452- $349.75
    AC Delco- Condenser- #156961

The 04 GP'S- Supercharged and N/A's have:
    AC Delco Compressor- #1521133- $365.79
    AC Delco Condenser - #1580463

Maybe these Part #'s can help you find out the BTU'S?

It is a different unit than the 03's and older.
    Thanks for finding out the AC compressor and condenser part #'s. It's interesting they used the same exact units in '02 and '03 GPs. A family member has an '03 GP and has no complaints re: cooling. I strongly suspect they replaced their AC components with lower rated units, for either cost or size considerations. IF anyone has access to GP shop manuals, maybe the BTU ratings are listed.
This discussion has been closed.