Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Grand Prix - 2000-2005

Comments

• evandroevandro Member Posts: 1,108
    The GP was the 1st application of the 3.8 Series III engine.
  • bigdaddycoatsbigdaddycoats Member Posts: 1,058
    Has a article about comparing FWD, RWD and AWD. I have not read it yet, but they used a GP GXP for their test. I believe the AWD is a WRX and the RWD is a G35. If I remember correctly the 0-60 for the GXP is 6.0 sec.
    According to the online order guide for 2006 the GT will be powered by the supercharged 3.8. Interesting.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    That's a well documented and common problem with a LOT of 3.8L V6's made by GM with what was an EXTREMELY stupid and problem-ridden design of plastic. Not too long ago, in fact, with one of the later updates to the 3.8L, they responded by making the new intake out of aluminum on the 3.8L so it wouldn't crack or melt anymore....

You think that's bad, they also have MAJOR issues with about 9-10 years worth of 3.1L and 3.4L engines out there with bad head gaskets that prematurely break down and allow coolant to mix with the oil. Search the web a little bit, and you'll see LOTS of owners with the same issue....matter of fact, even check Ebay and you'll most likely run into at least a few GM minivans being sold "as is" in need of a head gasket, and they don't have many miles at all.

One would naturally think drivetrains are GM's strong suit, but problems like these have become quite common, though I think they are 95% resolved via updates in design and material to these engines and their components for '04 and newer vehicles.
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    Here's the full list of 2006 changes from the GM ordering catalog:

Deletions
    GTP Sedan model
    Interior trim (52*) Parchment/Dark Pewter
    Interior trim (69*) Dark Pewter
    Exterior color (12U) Galaxy Silver Metallic
    Exterior color (15U) Sedona Beige Metallic
    Exterior color (56U) Fusion Orange Metallic
    Exterior color (88U) Graystone Metallic
    (PDE) Comfort and Info Package
    (PDF) Comfort and Infotech Package
    (PCH) Leather Trim Package
    (PCI) Driver's Package
    (PCM) Driver's Package Plus
    (PCJ) Premium Audio Package
    (WS6) Competition Group

New Features
    Interior trim (19*) Ebony
    Interior trim (31*) Cashmere
    Exterior color (46U) Stealth Gray Metallic
    Exterior color (53U) Bronzestone Metallic
    Exterior color (67U) Liquid Silver Metallic
    (PCQ) Premium Package, includes (AR9) Seats, front Leather-appointed seating, bucket, with passenger side map pocket (Grand Prix/GT), (AR9) Seats, front buckets, Leather-appointed seating with UltraLux Suede inserts (GXP) (CJ2) Air conditioning, dual-zone, automatic, (U40) DIC/Trip computer, 5-button system and (KA1) Seats, heated, driver and front passenger
    (PDE) Sun and Sound Package, includes (CF5) Sunroof, power, (U87) Sound system feature, Monsoon premium speaker system and (UC6) Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with 6-disc CD changer
    (PDF) Security Package, includes (AY1) Air bags, side roof rail, front/rear, (JL9) Brakes, 4-wheel disc, Electronic Brake Force Distribution, antilock, (UJ6) Tire Inflation Monitor System, (NW7) Traction control, Enhanced Traction System (ETS), powertrain modulated (Grand Prix) and (NW9) Traction control, Full Function, powertrain and brake modulated (GT and GXP)
    (B3Q) Accents, interior, chrome are included in (PCM) Preferred Package on 2WP69 and are standard on 2WR69 and 2WC69

Changes
    Fog lamps are no longer standard on Grand Prix
    (QB5) Wheels, 16" (40.6 cm) Black painted steel, with bolt-on wheel covers will be available on Fleet orders only
    (PDX) Sport Package contains new content. (PDX) Sport Package includes (N10) Exhaust, stainless-steel, dual outlets, dual exhaust, (QP1) Wheels, 16" (40.6 cm) aluminum, polished, 5-spoke, (T96) Fog lamps, (TVP) Headlamps, projector-beam, (JL4) StabiliTrak Sport, (KB7) Transmission controls, floor shift, 5-position PRNDL, TAPshift, (NV8) Steering, power, rack-and-pinion, Magnasteer II variable assist and (UV6) Head-up Display (HUD)
    (PCM) Preferred Package, includes (A85) Seat, front passenger seatback, flat-folding, (AL9) Seat adjuster, power, lumbar, driver, 4-way, (AP3) Remote vehicle start, (AP9) Cargo net, (NP5) Steering wheel, leather-wrapped rim and shift knob, (TR9) Premium Lighting Package, (UK3) Steering wheel, steering wheel mounted radio controls, (V62) Lifestyle Package, (VY7) Shift knob, leather-wrapped and (B3Q) Accents, interior, chrome
    Interior enhancements including mini-perforated leather on the leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob and rubber cupholder inserts
    Cigarette lighter door removed providing additional storage within the center console
    (AL9) Seat adjuster, power, lumbar driver, 2-way (was 4-way in 2005)

And yes, the '06 GT does get the 3.8L Supercharged from this year's GTP. So, 3 choices now with the 5.3 V8 being at the top.
  • dan165dan165 Member Posts: 653
    Strange they deleted the fog lights on the base car.

So am I to understand that bolt on covers are only available on fleet orders and that alloys are standard on all GPs?
  • v8catv8cat Member Posts: 6
    It was a happy day yesterday, I got rid of the worst car I have had over the last 25 years - a 2004 Pontiac GTP. More creaking,popping, whinning noises from the body, steering, and interior than any car I have ever had. The dealer could.not fix all the problems though he tried. No more GM cars for me - EVER. I had 15000 miles and 2 years of misery with this car.

2005 Ford Thunderbird
    1995 Lexus SC300
    1999 Jaguar XK8 coupe
    Saw a GP GXP today that was not a GM company car. Still had the temp tags on it. Looked very sharp.
  • exalteddragon1exalteddragon1 Member Posts: 729
    So the 2006 model will have chrome accents on the interrior?

Is this true? Does this mean the instrumentation and the vents will be chrome, like the G6? This is amazing if its true. They seemed to make the seat adjustment 2 way now... bad news...

Gm's problems will not be solved by give or take options, it will be by fighting off the union and reduing labor costs, so they can afford to put these features in there cars.

I will admit, as for quality these new cars are vary competetive.
  • yurakmyurakm Member Posts: 1,345
    To some extent the GM costs problem is a chicken-and-egg problem. GM have big fixed expenses on pensions and medical insurance for retirees and their families. Something like $5000 per car, if I remember it right. As GM market share is decreasing, the fixed costs per vehicle grow. Vicious circle.

Would GM somehow increase its market share by 10% (to pre- last strike 29% from the current 26%), the costs per car would drop by $500. Good enough to lower price, or add content by the same $500. It will increase market share even more. Virtuous circle.

Probably, it would be even better to invest the savings in designing more modern cars and better manufacturing methods. In addition, if GM finances improves, its bonds rating will improve too, and GM will save on interest.

Nissan and Chrysler demonstrated that auto manufacturers can increase its market share by offering better designs. Modern, with more powerful engines, and just better looking.

Of course, even big improvements will be wasted without creating virtuous circle if the results of the improvements are wasted, on unions or otherwise.
  • ianzianz Member Posts: 3
    can you give me a direct link on how to the replace of the bulb? thanks a lot.
    One of the local dealers has around 8 or so GP GXPs available. At least four of them are stickered at $33,135 and are advertised for just over $26k. My guess is that includes rebates and GMS pricing. That would seem to be a fair price.
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    “One of the local dealers has around 8 or so GP GXPs available. At least four of them are stickered at $33,135 and are advertised for just over $26k. My guess is that includes rebates and GMS pricing. That would seem to be a fair price.”

“Invoice on the Grand Prix that you inquired about is $30,354 so your price
    would be $30,403 less GM's $2,500 rebate for a net cost of $27,903 plus tax
    (if applicable.)”

The above is a result of an initial (GMBuypower) e-mail contact with the dealer closest to me (northeast of HotLanta) with a GXP inbound. MSRP was $33K even . . .

In the SouthEast, the current cash back on a GP = $2,500.

In the Detroit area (and most of the rest of the country, I believe) the number is $3,500. That would bring their $49 over Invoice price to just under $27K.

- Ray
    Who would feel lucky, at this point, to have 1 (to test drive) within 50 miles . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • mrsbmrsb Member Posts: 1
    Hope you all can shed some light on two issues we are having with our 2001.

1) We noticed a while back that when you turn the wheel hard to the left, there is a grinding noise coming from the front end. It doesnt happen turning towards the right, nor does it affect the alignment while driving, she still goes dead straight when taking your hands off the wheel.

2) The low coolant light has started coming on. Coolant is full and there is no leak, at least not on our driveway. Could this just be a censor problem? The light stay on for a about a mile or two then shuts off.

Any help you could give would be appreciated!!!

Thanks!
  • bigbucks1959bigbucks1959 Member Posts: 27
    Good Luck,
    You must remove the whole back seat to get to the speakers and grilles.

My advice buy your speakers from crutchfield and they send you a diagram to do it with.

Phil
  • jasmith52jasmith52 Member Posts: 462
    The noise from the hard left turn sounds like a power steering pump starved for fluid. If topping the power steering fluid reservoir off doesn't solve the problem then you may be seeing the first signs of either your pump or the rack starting to wear.

Can't really help with the coolant sensor issue. I assume that you checked the radiator (when cold - or you'll get burned) and not just the overflow bottle. If the radiator is indeed low and not the overflow container then you might have a cracked overflow hose or fittings.
  • silverbullet83silverbullet83 Member Posts: 3
    Hey guys, I hope you can help me with these problems... I have a 2001 Grand Prix GTP with 56,000 miles on it, and I have 2 main problems right now that are driving me crazy....

--- Supercharger Whine--- I know that superchargers have a bit of a whine to them, especially when you stomp the gas, but mine has an almost cat-like whine from idle to the redline, no matter how lightly you hit the gas, and it keeps getting louder... it's plainly heard from both the inside and outside of the car, and it's almost embarassing, yet the dealership says everything is in spec. What could it be? I know 2 people with GTPs, a 99 with 85,000 miles, the other a 98 with 110,000 miles, and both cars' superchargers are far quieter than mine... Very aggravating

--- Front-End Noises and Vibrations--- My car constantly has a shimmy or shake to it, and I've had the wheels balanced countless times by now, along with new tires, and to no avail... also, when sitting still, if you turn the wheel, there's a faintly audible and plainly felt clunk that can be felt through the steering wheel AND floor. Yet everything is "in spec" with that, too.... am I just picky, or do I need to take it to another dealer?

---
    I forgot something... along with the vibrations, the car also has a major pull to the left.... it had a slight pull when I bought it, I just thought an alignment would fix it, but it hasn't, it's just gotten worse.... I've had it checked out by 3 people, and they all say that it hasn't been wrecked or anything like that... could the pull to the left, vibrations, and clunk all be related? I've only had the car since January, and it's driving me nuts.... Thanks
  • bigbucks1959bigbucks1959 Member Posts: 27
    I get 32 MPG on the highway, but my big compalint is the city MPG.
    I only get 14 MPG and I don't even get on it. I actually drift to red lights and no jack rabbit starts.

I don't understand it at all. Getting a new air filter today to hopefully raise it somewhat.

What is your city MPG?
  • yurakmyurakm Member Posts: 1,345
    You wrote: if you turn the wheel, there's a faintly audible and plainly felt clunk that can be felt through the steering wheel AND floor

It sounds as intermediate steering shaft needs lube. A pretty standard thing with "W" cars. Many owners complained about the problem, especially often with 2000-2001 Impala. You can search for "intermediate steering shaft" on Impala board. GM provided dealers with special service kit and instructions.

However, the other symptoms you complained about, especially for pull, can point to something more serious.
    I drove a GXP last night - and I have posted my impressions in the Future Vehicles Section here at Edmunds - for those interested . .
    - Ray
    Impressed . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Saw my first GXPs last week at my dealer. NICE.

They just look evil in black, I love the wheel and red brakes.

Question.. do the GXPs come with an extra set of all seasons because it's listed that they have performance "summer tires" so I'm guessing you have to add some rims and all season tires to your $40K (Canadian) purchase?
    Well, I have the fix for my alignment and other front-end issues.... turns out the outer tie-rod is shot, along with the wheel bearing on the driver's side front wheel... all this at 56,000 miles.... the outlook for the possibility of me ever buying another GM product is bleak, to say the least....
  • robotbob40robotbob40 Member Posts: 4
    i need help with the security system my car wont turn over but does have power if i turn on key it will let me cross starter and will start but dies in secondsHELP
    :confuse:
  • johnemonjohnemon Member Posts: 1
    I have just replaced the pads and turned the rotors on the front end, now I get a shudder when i brake going over 40mph. I have removed the brakes and reinstalled them but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me if I missed something.
  • badams24badams24 Member Posts: 1
    I have 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with a 3800 supercharged engine that I bought new, it now has 104,000 miles. It has been great, but now I have a loud rattle when sitting at a stop light(while in drive). Once you start moving the sound goes away. I took it to the dealer and they originally said that the tensioner and some pulleys were going back which was causing the noise. Once I spent $600 for those parts, it did not fix the noise. Now they say it is the supercharger bearing making the noise. You cannot buy just replacement parts for the supercharger, you have to buy a new one from GM or after market. I hate to put too much money in it. Two questions: (1) They said I could possibly get 10,000 to 40,000 miles out of as long as I don't mind the noise. Is this true? (2) What will happen when it goes totally bad or locks up? Will it damage the engine? (3) How can I confirm that it is the supercharger as I don't have much confidence in the dealership? (4) Any other advise that I should do, wait or buy an after market refurbished one? Are they easy to replace?

Thanks in advance for any replies!!!!
  • kevlar442kevlar442 Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 runs hot when I first start driving it after it has sat for awhile or overnight. The temp. gauge comes close to redline; I can pull over, turn it off then start it right back up and the temp gauge goes right down to normal. Also the low coolant light comes on pretty often but its not low or leaking. Also, sometimes just giving it a good rev will make the temp go right down immediately. Does this point to anything specific to anyone? Maybe just a faulty temp gauge?

Thanks in advance
  • kanthkanth Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I would like to know the coolant details for 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP...Can any one help me giving the details for the coolant ??

Thanks

kanth
  • davechasedavechase Member Posts: 1
    You need a coolant sensor, about $35 from the dealer. Common problem.

Dave
    Grand Prix - Coolant info. from manual:

Engine Coolant
    The cooling system in the vehicle is filled with
    DEX-COOL® engine coolant. This coolant is designed
    to remain in the vehicle for five years or 150,000 miles
    (240 000 km), whichever occurs first, if only
    DEX-COOL® extended life coolant is added.
    The following explains the cooling system and how to
    add coolant when it is low. If there is a problem
    with engine overheating or if coolant needs to be added
    to the radiator, see Engine Overheating on page 5-27.
    A 50/50 mixture of clean, drinkable water and
    DEX-COOL® engine coolant will:
    • Give freezing protection down to −34°F (−37°C).
    • Give boiling protection up to 265°F (129°C).
    • Protect against rust and corrosion.
    • Help keep the proper engine temperature.
    • Let the warning lights and gages work as they
    should.
    Notice: Using coolant other than DEX-COOL® may
    cause premature engine, heater core or radiator
    corrosion. In addition, the engine coolant may
    require changing sooner, at 30,000 miles (50 000 km)
    or 24 months, whichever occurs first. Any repairs
    would not be covered by your warranty. Always use
    DEX-COOL® (silicate-free) coolant in your vehicle.

What to Use
    Use a mixture of one-half clean, drinkable water and
    one-half DEX-COOL® engine coolant which will
    not damage aluminum parts. If this coolant mixture is
    used, nothing else needs to be added.
    {CAUTION:
    Adding only plain water to your cooling
    system can be dangerous. Plain water, or
    some other liquid such as alcohol, can boil
    before the proper coolant mixture will. Your
    vehicle’s coolant warning system is set for the
    proper coolant mixture. With plain water or the
    wrong mixture, your engine could get too hot
    but you would not get the overheat warning.
    Your engine could catch fire and you or others
    could be burned. Use a 50/50 mixture of clean,
    drinkable water and DEX-COOL® coolant.
    Notice: If you use an improper coolant mixture,
    your engine could overheat and be badly damaged.
    The repair cost would not be covered by your
    warranty. Too much water in the mixture can freeze
    and crack the engine, radiator, heater core and
    other parts.
    If coolant needs to be added more than four times a
    year, have your dealer check the cooling system.
    Notice: If you use the proper coolant, you do not
    have to add extra inhibitors or additives which claim
    to improve the system. These can be harmful.

- from pages 5-24 / 5-25 of the 2005 manaul.
    2004 is likely also online.

- Ray
    Not sure what you’d need this info. for unless you have the car - and a (printed) manual. . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • bgasbgas Member Posts: 1
    HAVE A 2000 GRAND PRIX GT 3800. HOW TO REPLACE #6 PLUG, WITH WHICH THE PLUG WIRE IS UP AGAINST SOMETHING GOING INTO THE EXHAUST?
  • jaystyjaysty Member Posts: 1
    Ok, brace yourself. I had that problem about two months ago. Atleast the same thing kept happening to me. The tire problem. Pontiac is dumb and the wheel well just isn't that big. I dont know why, but thats what the people at my dealership told me. The low coolant is a big deal. Get your headgasket checked if its at all possible. My headgasket just went about a month ago and i had to sink alota money into my car, and i was without a vehicle for about 10 days. They had to replace the entire headgasket and it was a small fortune. If your car starts randomly getting hot and then cooling down really fast thats gotta be what its from. And its not a temp. gauge problem...the car really is that hot when it says it is. I hope that thats not your problem but if so, good luck.
    I have posted info regarding my initial impressions of my Grand Prix GXP on the Future Vehicles \ GXP board.
    Just f.y.i., as the GXP has been in production for a while, and is now available. . .
    - Ray
    Happy Grand Prix GXP driver . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Kirstie will move the disucssion over here to Sedans eventually. :-) Congrats on your new ride!!!
  • louibugglouibugg Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. Now about a year ago I had the engine replaced, due to what I think was an error from my local garage, but it can't be proven. I do have the same noise coming from my supercharger. I have some links that might help you I am about to replace my supercharger and hopefully I will be able to aid some advice after my experience. I have talked to some garages about replacement and everyone seems to agree that the supercharger is a bolt on attachment, (bolts and one gasket). It shouldn't be really that hard. I know buying a supercharger from a dealer is high priced. Check here first before buying.
    http://www.psesuperchargers.com/products.Orignal.Pontiac.GP9902.htm

Good luck and respond back please
  • evitaevita Member Posts: 1
    I paid $843 eighteen months ago to fix my ABS brakes because the ABS light came on when I hit a bump. The dealer service dept. fixed a couple "codes" (I guess from the computer diagnosis) and when I took the car home, it did the exact same thing. I had asked for the old parts and the dealer said there was nothing you could see. Then they replaced the harness which did the trick. I think they fixed the wrong thing and I complained so they didn't charge me any extra for the new harness. Now the ABS light's been coming on again and they say it needs a new left wiring harness-- which was replaced 18 months ago and only has a 12-month warranty. The part is $77 and the total with labor is $248. I asked why it would need replaced again and they said it might be the new corrosive salt liquid from the winter roads. I'm upset. Does anyone know if this makes sense? Anyway, evern if I don't get it fixed, I'm out $80 for a diagnostic fee. Do I really need ABS brakes? Suggestions?
  • jwleonhartjwleonhart Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP at a dealership. It's the "special edition" with special edition tags in the side of the front doors. Overall the car is in great condition. Here is some more info on it:

It has 22,000 miles.
    VIN #: 2G2WR524041324805 (If anyone can look up a record on this and let me know please do, I do not have any subscription with CarFax or anything.

AIR CONDITIONING
    AM/FM STEREO RADIO CD PLAYER
    CRUISE CONTROL
    DRIVER SIDE AIR BAG
    FRONT BUCKET SEATS
    GAUGE CLUSTER
    LEATHER UPHOLSTERY
    MASTER WINDOW LOCK
    PASSENGER SIDE AIR BAG
    POWER BRAKES
    POWER DOOR LOCKS
    POWER DRIVER'S SEAT
    POWER STEERING
    POWER SUNROOF
    POWER WINDOWS
    RADIAL TIRES
    RECLINING SEATS
    STEREO CONTROL
    IN STEERING
    TACHOMETER
    TILT STEERING WHEEL
    TINTED GLASS
    TRIP ODOMETER

It has driver side controls as well, and well it's pretty much fully loaded, except for having the manumatic transmission. Other than that it drives like a beast, and it's just awesome.

The dealership is asking 19,300 for the car, and they want 400 to take care of the DMV work such as getting plates.

If you guys could just advice me on what i'm paying too much for i'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
  • jwleonhartjwleonhart Member Posts: 2
    Oh yes here is a picture also...

“it's pretty much fully loaded, except for having the manumatic transmission. Other than that it drives like a beast, and it's just awesome.

The dealership is asking 19,300 for the car, and they want 400 to take care of the DMV work such as getting plates.

If you guys could just advice me on what i'm paying too much for i'd appreciate it.”

Given that a new “base” GXP is now going for less than $25K (with GM Employee pricing for all), and it has everything I see listed above except the sunroof as standard, plus all of the CompG ‘goodies’ (including TapShift), plus the ‘beastliness’ of the 5.3L V8, and associated upgrades to wheels / tires, brakes, suspension w/Bilstein dampers, Magnasteer II, Stabilitrak Sport, significantly upgraded / strengthened 4T65-E trans., a Heads Up Display, the uplevel (5 button) Driver Information Center, etc., I do not see $19K worth of car in a 2004 with 22K miles.

Just my 0.2 gallons worth . . .
    - Ray
    Admitting bias = just bought a GXP, and achieving many ‘smiles per gallon’ . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Correction to my post above:
    Leather is NOT included in the GXP, it is an option.
    My mistake.
    Sorry for any confusion.
    But my evaluation stands.
    With GMS pricing in effect, I see no good reason to buy a 1 year old GTP with 22,000 miles for that price. . .
    - Ray
    No excuse . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • v8catv8cat Member Posts: 6
    Look at my post #4157 giving all the problems I had with a 2004 GTP. I just traded it in and it had almost the same equipment as this car except it was not a "special edition". Mine also had XM radio. Kelly Blue Book on mine wa $14000.

Think Twice
  • kmoneykmoney Member Posts: 1
    I have (had) the same issue with my Pontiac radio. I just finished fixing it. I have the cd player option on mine. Here's what I did:

-Pull the radio from the vehicle
    -Remove the face of the radio. The face is one unit that has clips that snap around the edges of the metal housing.
    -Once removed you will see the bulb behind the display screen.
    -Remove the bulb by placing a flat screw driver in the slot in the center of the bulb housing and turn.
    -Replace bulb.

I'm not sure were you can order a replacement. I went to my local automotive store and found a similar bulb, removed the new bulb from it's housing and soldered it into the existing radio housing.

It was rather simple. Good luck.

Now if I could only get my back speakers to work all the time and my cd player to work. (error E20) I'd be happy!
  • lateritelaterite Member Posts: 2
    Just got a 97 GP GT with 72k miles...very pleased with it so far. However, the big peeve I have right now is that whenever I need to run A/C, windshield defog, heater, etc., there is a constant high-frequency chirp/squeak that comes from the passenger side when the fan is running. It happens even at the lowest fan speed setting.

I assume it's coming from within the blower motor, since that sits under the dash behind the glove box, hence the sound originating at the passenger side. Does the fan or motor need replacing/lubricating? Is this something easily performed "DIY"?

Thanks,
    -Mark
    I wonder if the GXPs MSRP will drop in 2006 given the Impala SS will be coming in around $27-28K US?
  • mike9476mike9476 Member Posts: 3
    I have a quick question: Has anyone had any luck getting GM to foot at least part of the bill for an intake manifold repair on the 3.1l when it fails within months of the warranty expiring? Ours is leaking and the car has only 32K miles, but is a few months past the warranty. If anyone has had any luck with this, please let me know since it is pretty expensive to fix. Oh yeah, we do have an extended warranty...that excludes seals and gaskets. What a crock.
  • cwbgtpcwbgtp Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 98 gtp not to long ago but i want to hear the supercharger a little more. What should I do spend over $200 for a thrasher cold air induction kit or will a k&n air intake kit for $50 do the same thing. Any suggestions?????
  • idntnvuidntnvu Member Posts: 254
    My dad has a '98 GP GT, with 3.8 V6, and 130k miles on it. He is wondering whether is it worth it to have the transmission fluid changed. He is the second owner. He got it in May of '02 with 56k on it, and to his knowledge the fluid has never been changed. Is it worth it, or would it cause trouble with it having that many miles on it? Input is appreciated!
  • cwbgtpcwbgtp Member Posts: 2
    Yeah I would change the fluid if it hasnt already been changed!!!! I believe it says in the manual around 70,000 to change. I have has my gtp for 2 months and i have already had to put 1,000 bucks into it. These trannys are great!
  • cripaldencripalden Member Posts: 5
    do u know why my 2000 gtp instrument cluster might be only flashing zeros? I have had the car for a year and can only remember a few times that it actually gave a proper reading for boost or mpg.

also, the tracion controll seems to not work either. could it be that all i have to do is replace the module (information cluster above the radio)?

chris
This discussion has been closed.