Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Galant

Comments

• cajun626cajun626 Member Posts: 54
    20/22 mpg? You may want to get that checked under your warranty. We average 25/30mpg city/hwy on a '94 4-cyl auto, and my wife drives with a lead foot.
  • jgillenjgillen Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1990 2.0L with 152,000 miles. It has been the least expensive car to maintain I've ever owned and the service shop has been so honest I take other work to them. I'm currently thinking about buying another one just because the car has been passed through the whole family and I'd like a car with new safety features. I've had five other cars - 3 new - since I bought the Galant and they've all cost me more! I think it's a good car for a fair price. Toyotas and Hondas are excellent vehicles but I don't think they're cost per mile figures match the Gallant's.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Please participate in other forums, especially the Accord and Camryo ones; your intelligent responses make these boards enjoyable.
    ~alpha
  • lawman1967lawman1967 Member Posts: 314
    I appreciate the kind words.

Funny thing, I filled up my Galant today after a tank of mostly mixed driving, and it gave me 24MPG, up from 22 on the last tankful. Perhaps it really is a breaking in issue.

I do plan on addressing the mileage at my 3000 mile oil change though, which should be next weekend, unless it tops 25MPG before then.

For comparison, my last car was a 1997 Nissan Sentra with a 5-speed manual transmission and a 1.6 liter engine. That car, which also weighed almost 1,000 lbs less, typically gave me 24 to 27MPG, though on occasion dropped as low as 22MPG. The car was impeccably maintained, passed smog with flying colors, never leaked any oil, etc, etc. I think my 80-85MPH freeway cruising speed is more to blame than anything else.

As for dealers, Browning Mitsu in Cerritos, CA has been delightful, ESPECIALLY THE SERVICE DEPT. My wife owns a Saturn, and as the one who takes both cars for service, I've actually been coddled far more by the Mitsu dealer. They even have desks in the customer lounge with phone jacks so that customers with laptop computers can connect to the internet.

The service itself is also top notch. When I complained about a hard point in the driver's seat, they compared it to the new cars on the lot, and finding all of them the same, declared it defective anyway so that they could send it to a local upholstery shop to have a higher density foam put it. I doubt even Lexus would do that.

I'll keep everyone posted on the fuel economy.
  • madman390madman390 Member Posts: 72
    We've had our 2001 GTZ for a year now. 17,000 miles, including 2 trips from TX to CO.

Overall, great car. We got the low finance rate, and bought this car as we came back to the US from overseas (we are military). For the money, this car can't be beat!

It rides nice and smooth, even for the GTZ. The power in the V-6 is great, although I wish it had a manual tranny.

The quality is adequate for a $25k car (we gave 0 down). No complaints about fit or finish. The sound system is awesome, although I'd like to have a changer. The leather seats are very comfortable, even on those 1700 mile trips from TX to CO. I think the fake wood trim looks kind of gaudy, but my wife likes it.

The only problem we've had is a recurring SRS light. The first time we had it "fixed" was at a dealership other than the one we bought it at. They said it was a faulty sensor behind the steering wheel. Well, it's on again. My personal opinion is that it's related to the side airbags since it seems to come on an off when we adjust the driver's seat.

Like I said, overall, it's a great car. And except for the grill, much improved in the 2002 model.

madman
    After owning the 2002 for three months, the new grill has really grown on me. Now the 1999-2001 looks a but too gaudy when I park next to one, while the 02 is very clean and aggressive.

I know, nobody will agree. Actually when I bought the car I thought the old grill was better, but 3 months of looking at it every single day has changed my mind.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    Nothing better than growing to like something. I find alot of new cars ugly, but sometimes they grow on me. For some reason not too many cars out there do anything for me. I like most Mitsubishis, anything from Audi, that's about it. I like the looks of most pre-98 Toyotas. New benz's, BMW's, all look good, Lexus nothing. Love the look of my '01 Jeep Cherokee(bought one just because they were axing it). I guess I like either the really simple styles or the really expensive ones, LOL!
  • lukjacklukjack Member Posts: 21
    My wife's car is a '97 Galant we bought new. It has about 55,000 miles and we still enjoy it. The tranny went out at 35,000 miles. I had it flushed/filled at a quicky lube at 32,000. Replaced under warranty. Tires replaced at 40,000 with Bridgestone Potenza. 3,000 mile oil changes. Averaging between 26-28 mpg both city/highway. Some minor sunroof rattles early on but was fixed by dealer under warranty. Car is still running great. We are due for 60,000 service coming up. Had front brake pads changed around 34,000. I do think my shocks or struts are starting to go, so I will look into replacing those shortly. Also, I think my front brakes, maybe rotors are starting to go because I feel it kind of jerking as I come to a stop. The first 3 years were stop and go driving in Atlanta traffic. The past couple it has not been driven much. My wife still enjoys it and does not regret purchasing it. Still is pretty much rattle free, and the paint looks great, I wax every 2-3 months. I plan on keeping it for another 3-4 years.
  • rob133rob133 Member Posts: 24
    Has anyone with a Galant had the engine sludge problem that the Toyotas have been having? There are hundreds of posts from Toyota drivers who have had their engine fail. Supposedly more than 3000 people have had the problem so far. I dont know how to link to a different page, but you can search by Sludge and you will see what I am talking about.

Has anyone recently purchased a used Galant, like a 1999 or 2000 model? Any thoughts on it?
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    I puchased my 99 Galant LS new and the engine has been flawless so far. I use Premium fuel as recommended in the manual (for the V6) and mostly stick to Shell, Amoco/BP, and Mobil. I've tried Clark & other discounters but notice I get 1-2 fewer MPGs with cheap gas. I've also put in a K&N air filter.

Anyway, 3 years & 57K miles and no engine problems so far.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)
  • rmg612rmg612 Member Posts: 1
    Check it out for all the info you could ever need about the galant from basic car care to performance upgrades we have over 1,000 registered members from around the world.
  • marak88marak88 Member Posts: 57
    Hello

Does any one know how to program a new keyless entry key fob for a 99 galant, I have a new transmitter and I don't know how to prgram it.

also, does any one have a front cover/mask/bra that fits a 99 galant and want to sell it for a fair price, if so please let me know.
  • khparkkhpark Member Posts: 3
    I own 2000 Galant ES-V6 model with the premium package which includes 16" alloy wheel and Sunroof. I purchased it in January 2000 and it has about 37,0000 miles on it. It did have couple of minor recalls on it, but other than that, I am VERY HAPPY with my Galant! I think it beats Camry and Accord! Good price, good performance, nice nad practical interior design. I especially like the CD player and the Infinity speakers! It actually has one of my favorite CD player brand! Panasonic!

Now, these 2002 models... I am not sure if I like them as much as my 2000 model. The body style changed a little and I didn't like the change. Options didn't seem as flexible as 2000 model.

I think my 2000 model ES-V6 is one of the best Galants and I am very happy with it! My sister is looking for a car and I would like to suggest Galant, except that these new models have changed the front look and they don't look as good as my 2000 model! But if you like the new look, go for it!
    The new look has grown on me, but the fake metal interior trim is VASTLY superior to the fake wood on the 01 and older. Also, the larger from brakes (4 cyl) and trunk release on the remote are more than enough to overcome the change from the chrome to the graphite grill.

Oh, the 02 while not quite as classy from the front, is much cleaner-looking in back, with that chrome strip on the decklid now body color, and the red Mitsu logo just chrome. Overall, I think the 2002 model is gorgeous, even when parked next to the 2001.
  • cxshortiecxshortie Member Posts: 15
    Whenever I look at the front of my 2002, it just says aggressive. I loved the 99-01, they looked more elegant/classy. I liked the extra touches on the 02. I absolutely hated the fake wood on the 99-01, I hate wood on any vehicle. The back of the car looks fresher, cleaner.

Right now, I am heading up to 12K miles, having owned this car since September, I would say this has been a nice 6 months. When shopping for a vehicle I did all the research possible, I had my eye on the since January of 2000 so every piece of Mitsu related information I saw, I read it. I checked the service bulletins, the problems people complained about and several other items, someone mentioned before that "People do not check (and I'm a woman)." You always get what you pay for and I am very happy with this vehicle.

Unlike many dealers, my dealer located in South Jersey is EXCELLENT! The only problem I have had with this car has been a slight door rattle.

In January, upon returning to my workplace parking lot, I became enraged to see some fool had knocked my drivers side rear view mirror off the car and it was hanging by a wire. This would have cost me 250 dollars to fix, but they said they would fix it under warranty, because they would rather have me as a happy customer!

This is my second Mitsu and I am very happy with my Galant.
  • cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    I've had my 99 ESV6 since August of 99 and I can only agree with other recent posters that the car is indeed reliable and great looking. Have had only a few minor problems in the better part of 3 years and in the last 12 months the car has been into service only for oil change or tire rotation.

It's a lease car so I have to make a decision by November. I'm honestly considering buying the car when it goes off lease.

As for the looks of the 99-01 versus 02, I have to say that while I don't find the 02 front end repulsive I do think it is less attractive than the 99-01. I still think that the car is very BMW like from a styling point of view and with a powerful V6 and leather seats it's better than a BMW for my purposes. I've got 85% of what a BMW has (looks, power, leather) at about half the price of the similarly sized 5 Series.

My next car if don't buy the Galant at lease end?

Well, the Infiniti G35 looks like a great buy at around 30K and if you don't mind a discontinued model the Mazda Millenia (2002 is final model year) is a great buy with huge discounts putting this good looking, loaded and reliable car in the 21-22K price range even though it stickers around 30k.
    Glad to meet another person who likes the 02. Read a bit further back on this list nad you will see lots of complaints about the styling, which, of course, I agree with you on.

Glad to hear your car's been reliable. Mine has been excellent so far as well, except for the fuel economy, which is still underwhelming.

Oh well, it is a VERY attractive, and so serene and quiet that it feels much more expensive than it was.
  • drobinson19drobinson19 Member Posts: 11
    I purchased an 01 LS on Feb. 5th 2001. I now have 14,420 miles and have had no major problems. I had a minor rattle in the dash 6 months after purchasing the car. It was fixed and has not come back. The only other thing is the weather stripping around my headlight casing came loose a week ago. Got that fixed today. I can't be happier. Those are the only problems I've had in over a year of ownership. I think that really shows Mitsubishi is just as good as Honda, Toyota, and others. My friend had her Toyota Camry's transmission work on 2 or 3 times before it even hit 13,000 miles! It still doesn't work right. My Galant still looks brand new and rides quiet and smooth as it did the day I drove it off the lot. I'm looking forward to purchasing another Galant or at least another Mitsu when I get it paid off in a year or so.
  • khparkkhpark Member Posts: 3
    I am seeing a lot of talks about how some people like the changes in 2002 and some don't. If you read my post #966, I like my 2000 model's look, but not so much of the new 2002 model's look.

Yes, the 2002 model looks more agressive while 2000 model looks more "elegant/classy". 2000 model does have the BMW look, but that's not why I like it. I don't want my car to be a copy-cat of a fancier car. But the point is what you like and don't like really depends on your taste and style. I don't think we need to argue any further about this!
    Who is arguing? People are just stating their opinions right?
  • demichidemichi Member Posts: 9
    I'm wondering,if somebody could me recommend good sources where I'd buy decent frontt rotors discs for my GalantV6'99.
    Very appreciated for your advice ,guys.
  • cbnearlacbnearla Member Posts: 28
    Go to www.thegalantcenter.com - the people there have sources for rotors and other aftermarket parts.
  • sknight28sknight28 Member Posts: 1
    I'm still disgusted with my 2001 Mitsubishi Galant ES (15,400 miles). Problem after problem after problem. I may sound like a broken record but I have learned my lesson to never buy anything with the Mitsubishi name again. I've had the warped rotors (3 times), the rattling glove compartment, the flapping rubber around both headlights, 2 recalls, the sorry service departments, and now a dead battery. It's just ridiculous to have so many problems with a new car. BEWARE OF MITSUBISHI!!!!!!!!!! I'm going with the new Altima next.
    Every manufacturer has its share of lemons, and you quite obviously got one. Back in 1996 I bought a new car and thought that finally I would have one of hte most well-built and reliable cars on the planet: A brand new Corolla.

The 1996 Corolla today enjoys one of the best reliability ratings for 1996 used cars, and tons of them are on the road looking every bit as good as they did when new. I know two people with that generation of Corolla, one a 96 with 110,000 miles and the other a 94 with a very-low 140,000 miles. Both cars are cherry, and are still solid and dependable.

Mine, on the other hand, was a lemon. It was in and out of the shop constantly for silly things like wind noise (poorly sealed windshield), a plethora of rattles (four distinct ones from tha dashboard alone), and my favorite, interior and instrument lights with their own oppinions as to when they should work (the radio was on the same schedule). Eventually, 7 months after purchase, Toyota finally decided that it would be cheaper to take the car back than to keep servicing it.

The irony is that on my way to the dealership to give it back, a full-size GMC pickup crossed the center divider and hit me head-on at a combined speed of 85MPH, totalling the car. This collision, however, demonstrated Toyota quality far better than my niggling problems did, as the driver of that pickup (1994, air bag equipped) broke his wrist and collarbone, while I walked away with a scrape on my forehead (the airbag), bent frames on my glasses, and minor abrasions on the insides of my arms (airbag again). The passenger cabin of that Corolla wasn't at all deformed, despite the car being more than 2 feet shorter than it was minutes before.

I didn't buy another Toyota, but that was only based on thier lack of rebates at the time. I know that despite my getting a rare lemon, it is a fantastic car.

Likewise, Mitsubishi makes a pretty good product as well. I know this from experience, having owned a 1988 Mitsubishi that never missed a beat. My 2002 Galant so far has had such catastrophic problems as a squeek in the drivers seat 9to be fixed at my next oil change) and poor fuel economy, which has improved significantly since I hit 5,000 miles (went from 19 up to 25 MPG).

I also own a mid-sized Saturn L200, and used to have a Honda Accord (1993), and this Galant is not only the nicest of the lot, but also the most solid-feeling. Its not perfect (small back seat, below average fuel economy), but for the price it is very competitive and a quality product.

I'm sorry you got a bad one, but it is just that, a bad ONE.
    My mother owns a 1994 Chrysler New Yorker. The timing belt went while my brother was driving the car with his permit for the first time, causing the water pump to go as well. The computer has been replaced two times already, the car has a constant clunk, the speedo would shoot to 120 when you were doing 30, the transmission went, power seats are out of alignment, one day we were driving home down a busy road, the air stopped working, the windows wouldnt roll down, the blinkers wouldnt work, no lights, all the dash lights come on inside the car, no windshield wipers....it was problem after problem with the car and today the car only has 60K miles on it and is still physically falling apart....but i know there are some people that buy nothing but chryslers or people that love their cars.

No matter how much you hate your vehicle, the name or whatever, there is always someone that loves their vehicle (that carries the same nameplate) and is faithful to that brand.

I am on my second Mitsu, the first i had to replace a 02 sensor, that was all the unscheduled maintenance in 7 years.

Now, my 2nd mitsu has 13K miles on it at 7 months old. So far....so good.
  • marcb4marcb4 Member Posts: 9
    I'm pretty close to purchasing a 1999 V6 GTZ Galant with around 28K miles on it that seems to be in very good shape, however the electrical system concerns me. Not being familiar at all with Mitsubishis, I'd appreciate some feedback on this one:
    Both power mirrors were dead due to a blown fuse; one of the bulbs for the turning signal was burnt; the dealer replaced the bulb and the fuse, but then found out that the wiper washer pump and the horn are dead... I'm wondering if there might be a common source for all this, or if Mitsubishis are prone to electrical problems. I'd hate to be chasing a short behind the dash for the next 5 years. Also, is premium fuel required for the V6?

Thanks,
    Marc.
    There was a recall for the combination (turn signal, lights, wipers, etc.) switch. Maybe it was never replaced. Don't know about the mirrors. Yes, the V6 requires premium fuel.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    The V6 will run on regular fuel just fine, it just won't be pumping 100% of the horsepower and will likely get 1-2mpg less than it would with premium. The annual cost going with premium (considering the mpg loss) is rather trivial for someone driving 15K per year. 50K per year the savings are rather substantial so you make the decision. V6 Camrys require premium as well, but when I was putting 50K a year on them I was running regular fuel and the power difference was only noticable if running aggresively. We've run regular in our V6 Galant and it still feels more powerful than the Camry V6 running premium so I'm satisfied.
  • sj7sj7 Member Posts: 3
    What are the insurance premiums like on a 2001 Galant V6?
    Before I bought mine in June 2000, I asked my ins. co. for quotes on various cars. About the same as other mainstream mid-size cars - Accord, Camry, etc. No reason for Galant to be much higher or lower.
  • cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    I use mid range fuel in my 99 V6. Performance is fine, but not quite as awesome as when I first got the car and used premium.

I own a 99 and have had no electrical problems in 36000 miles.

As for insurance I have been dissapointed in constant rate increases over the past 3 years of ownership. My car is 3 model years old and I pay more than when it was new and that is with no claims. I live in Michigan and have changed companies with only a slight reduction from the increases of the presecessor. I did check with Progressive.com and they quoted me a much lower rate but I've been too busy to deal with changing again.

Then again, since my Blue Cross payment has gone up over 100% in just 3 years I'm shell shocked and don't react the way I should.
    Thanks in great part to the postings in this forum, I purchased my 99 Galant GTZ and am extremely happy so far. The car came with the original AM/FM/cassette stereo that includes controls for a CD player/changer. I've been looking at different CD players/changers and most recommendations so far run around $360 (installed) for a 10-disk changer (Alpine).

Has anybody installed an aftermarket CD player/changer that has worked well at a reasonable price? I actually would be happy with a single in-dash player - I'm mostly concerned about quality, price and potential damage to the car during installation.

BTW, my insurance went up $8/year from my 99 Camry V6...

Thanks,

Marc B.
    Why not save some $$$ if you want a single CD and hit the salvage yards (online?) and order the factory CD player from a 2002 or 2002 Galant? It would slide right in, take the same wiring, and not be too attractive to thieves.

The stereo on the 2002 is a gem, with an honest to goodness rotary knob to control the volume (and most other things) and get this, it plays not only CDs, but also CDR and CDRW disks you record on your computer, and actually sounds good as well.
  • lngtonge18lngtonge18 Member Posts: 2,228
    I'm curious. Does anyone know if Mitsu stereos can be swapped across the board? Like, do they take the same wiring harness and what not? I would be interested in getting the more powerful stereo offered in the Galant to replace the 100 watt one in my 02 Lancer. What is the power rating for the standard Galant CD player? Can the Infinity system be installed or is there an amplifier that is separate from the stereo with that option? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
    My 02 Galant has the exact same unit as the 02 Lancer, though the speakers likely differ. They also have an up-market infinity system available with 210 watts, again, not sure if the speakers differ.
    Is your Galant's unit backlit in blue or white? They look exactly the same (same knobs and buttons)? I looked on Mitsu's website and your stereo has 40 more watts of power. Might be a worthwhile upgrade if I can find someone who upgraded and wants to sell their old stereo or find a wrecked car.
    Its backlit in a soft blueish white, which matches the lighting of the dashboard. You said that the Lancer's audio system had 100 watts, which would make it the exact same unit.
    The Lancer has 100 watts; your Galant has 140 watts (according to Mitsu's website). Think its a worthwhile upgrade if I can find one cheap enough?
    The product brochure for the 2002 lists 100 watts
    The website does say 140, that's strange. Actually though, 40% more wattage does not equate to 40% more vollume, the difference would actually not be that drastic (the first 5 watts or so are the most important, with the power required for higher vollume dropping exponentially from there.

A better upgrade would be some premium speakers and sticking to your stock head unit (25 watts X 4 is plenty - my last car had 10).
    I suppose you are right. The rear speakers are absolutely terrible. The magnets are puny, the bass sucks, the highs are muffled, and you can't get much volume out of them. They are 6.5" by the way. I guess I will try upgrading those first and then see if the stereo is just too wimpy in its power amplification. I don't want some thumping stereo but I would like some decent sound. It irks me that Mitsubishi puts 6 speakers on the Lancer LS, but only 4 on their sporty OZ model.
    I griped about this a year ago on this forum. My super reliable replacement water pump died after 9K miles (original Mitsu pump lasted 100K). The place I brought it to could not get the timing correct, just like the last shop I brought it to a year ago. I had to bring it to the dealer to get it timed, just like the last time. Both shops that screwed it up told me that all ticks lined up, so is there something unconventional about the timing on these cars? If a shop goes anywhere near your timing belt and your car all of a sudden rides like crap, have them fix it.
    The Galant also has only four speakers, and in the base system (which I have), they don't get particularly loud despite the 100 or 140 watts I may or may not have.

Still, the sound is excellent at moderate vollume levels, good enough that I won't bother changing them.

The number of speakers doesn't always relate to the quality of the sound. I had a 1996 Toyota Corolla with 4 speakers and 40 watts. The speakers were 6.5 inch rounds in the rear (the rears on my Galant are 6X9) and 5 1/4 inch rounds in front.

What was amazing was that stereo in the corolla, a base Toyota system with a cassette and four speakers, sounded better than my Galant's does (and the Galant system is very nice - no complaints). In fact, it sounded better than the excellent system in my wife's Saturn L200 (100 watts, 8 speakers) or the Toyota Camry I rented over the holidays (also 8 speakers).

The system in that Corolla got so lout, without distorting base or any vibration, that it was intollerable to test its limits (ear-splitting!!!).

Get a good set of speakers and you will have audio bliss, even with "only" four.
    I know the # of speakers doesn't matter much. In fact, with the right speakers and stereo, 2 is enough. The CD player in my 92 Miata has the best sound quality I have ever heard. Of course its an aftermarket Pioneer CD player with 45 wattsx4 hooked up to two Sony Explode 3 way 6.5" speakers. The bass thumps so much the doors buzz at even moderate volumes, the vocals are crystal clear, and the stereo gets loud fast. Getting back in my Lancer is just horrid. I find myself cranking and cranking the volume and it just gets loud while sounding crappy. It's amazing how muffled songs sound. Anyway, what irks me about not having the extra tweeters like the LS model has is the fact my OZ model costs more then the LS. Why Mitsu decided to only offer the tweeters on the LS model baffles me and doesn't make any sense. Plus, the tweeters would have helped allow a fuller sound in the car. But I'm really pulling at straws to find faults with my car. My Lancer has been flawless after 7300 miles. No rattles, no mechanical problems, just very high build quality. I'm very impressed with this car. With some new speakers, this car should be just about perfect :)
    Glad you like your Lancer. I actually considered one when I bought my Galant, and found the smaller car to actually have a roomier back seat, be almost as quiet and ride just as smoothly. In the end, it was the near silence of the Galant's ride and the very small difference in out-the-door price that made me go for the Galant, which as a 4th year product is easier to bargain on than the brand-new Lancer. I got mine for straight invoice price.
  • chymerchymer Member Posts: 7
    We own a 1997 Galant ES with 64,000 miles and just had to replace the Vibration Crankshaft Pulley thingy. Has anyone else had a problem with this? The dealer we took it to said they've seen many Diamontes and Galants coming in with this problem. When this part goes bad, it vibrates extensively and throws the belts off. He suggested that Mitsubishi needs to redesign this part. The part alone was $120 then another $120 in labor. Not a huge price, but not fun.
    My so far great '94 Galant ES with 110K miles is smoking. I can't really tell the color (black, white, blue), but it seems white-gray. I don't see the smoke at start-up or while driving. If it idles for a few minutes and I hit the gas a little, a smoke cloud rises from the exhaust. Any thoughts on how much longer I can drive without major work (rings, valves, total rebuild, etc.)? The car still feels as strong as ever. It's leaking oil so I can't really tell if the quart that disappears every 1000 miles is being burned or is dropping off the engine.
    As in everything car-trouble related, fixing now will be cheaper than fixing later. Regardless, if the car still feels good and you still like it, its probably cheaper to fix than replace.
    My 99 Galant GTZ (purchased used with 28K miles, now with 30K) behaves strangely during freeway driving: At freeway speeds, when going over expansion joints or large bumps, the car "yaws" - something like a side-to-side motion that feels uncomfortable at best, unsafe at worst. This lateral motion is especially noticeable in the back seat. I've taken it to a reputable mechanic who's verified everything - alignment, tires, etc. The tires are worn a bit unevenly but other than that everything seems OK. Has anyone else experienced this sort of motion ? Could uneven tires cause this kind of yaw ? Is this typical of the GTZ with its stiffer supension ? Thanks for your inputs.
  • fushigifushigi Member Posts: 1,459
    I have a 99 LS with 61K miles and haven't had any such problem. Around 18-21K, I did have some highway-speed front wheel shimmy that was fixed free as there was a TSB. The nice thing was it included a front brake job.

The only time I have felt a yaw motion is when I drive over the grated steel bridges leading in to downtown Chicago. But the nature of the road surface is causing that; it has little to do with the car itself.

My LS has been pretty much problem-free and I hope to keep it until it has well over 100K miles.
    2017 Infiniti QX60 (me), 2012 Hyundai Elantra (wife)