Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Galant

Comments

• tallgaltallgal Member Posts: 14
    If you had the sunroof replaced, and it's still leaking, take it back to the glass shop, or to the shop that put in the second sunroof. Did they replace the seal too? If not, that is probably the problem. You would have drown by now, living in the midwest!
  • tmd251tmd251 Member Posts: 3
    Hello,
    I have a 2000 Galant with 18000 miles. Anyone have any problems with front rotors warping easily?

I brought my car to the local dealership at about 15000 miles with a complaint of brake pedal vibration. The dealer machined the front rotors and the problem was gone. Now the vibration is back.

Should I insist on new rotors this time? It doesn't make sense to machine what seem to be defective rotors.

Next up, the transmission.

I've noticed for the past 2 thousand miles or so, the transmission seems to shift rough.

When I first bought the car, I could barely tell when the cranny was doing its job. Now, it's very obvious.

Any info would sure be helpful. Thanks
  • tmd251tmd251 Member Posts: 3
    that last message should say tranny, not cranny.

=)
  • sknight27sknight27 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2001 Galant ES in February. Beautiful car, smooth ride, draws attention, good price. Now for the real deal. I have 4500 highway miles and have been to the shop 3 times for steering wheel vibration, there is a rattle in the dashboard, keyless entry works when it wants to, and where is all that power I heard its 4-cylinder had? Let's not forget all those recalls. Had the one for the transmission hose today. These are some of the same problems I have read that other people had but I was foolishly hoping that my Galant would be different. This is my first and last Mitsubishi purchase. You should be suspicious when such a beautiful car comes with such an attractive price.
    Misubishi's wake up and drive should be wake up and run.
  • ultratechultratech Member Posts: 142
    It's really sad that Mitsu can't come up with a better percentage of good cars. For instance, I haven't had any problem with my 4 cyl 2k ES I bought Dec 99 . The only time it's been at the shop was for recall stuff.

I still think as bad as the Galant sound to be, they are still $2000 cheaper than the other 2 japanese cars, and will of course in my opinion be a better buy than any Domestic in it's class.

For those who feel like hearing good stuff instead of bad about the galant check the Galant Forum in Yahoo clubs, or visit www.thagalantcenter.com.
    Update: My Galant is running smooth as silk once again! The timing belt WAS loose and the adjuster (balance) belt was too tight!!! It WASN'T the transmission, thank goodness! THANK YOU to both of you for providing the information that you did. If I hadn't read what happened to your 94, Cajun, I wouldn't have been so determined!!! They (mechanics) may have even convinced me of the worst!
    Thanks again, and I will check every day or so for any other ideas/suggestions/comments. I am SO GLAD I found this forum!! I may have saved over $2k in repairs! By the way, once she was running great... I spent 4 hours washing, waxing, and shining her up! Funny how we take new pride w/ the outside when things are right w/the inside!
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hi friends,

Catherine Heins is looking for people to interview who have switched from American to Japanese cars in the past few years-- especially folks who wouldn't have given a Toyota or Honda the time of day in the 1970s.

She's a business reporter at the Yomiuri Shimbun, which is the biggest daily paper in Japan with a circulation of 14 million. They are writing a feature story about Japanese automakers' continuing success in expanding production in the U.S. and snatching market share from the Big Three even on their former home turf of light trucks.

If you fit this description and are willing to be interviewed, please call her directly at 212-582-5827 or e-mail her at catheins@yahoo.com. As always, you can contact me at jfallon@edmunds.com if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • gtowngradgtowngrad Member Posts: 5
    I am in the market for my first car and have been considering the Mits. Galant or the Outback Limited sedan. The diffence in the engine size concerns me. The OB is an H4, whereas the Galant LS I am looking at is a V6. From the Subaru owners I have talked with, they have had only positive things to say about the OB, whereas it seems to me that a lot of you are unhappy with Mits. cars. I was just wondering if anyone had some advice for my decision, or some info about the life of the V6 versus the H4 engine? The rides seem similar on both, the Subaru was a bit nicer (smoother) I think. The AWD is also a plus for the OB. How does the Galant handle in wet and snowy conditions? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks.
  • marcin97marcin97 Member Posts: 7
    Sorry to hurt your feelings, but I think that Outback is just plain and ugly looking. Chunky car. If it doesn't look good outside, I will not even consider a car no matter how good it is inside. Just my 2 cents.
    I actually think that the Outback Sedan is quite nice looking... however, I agree that the wagon is not attractive to me. At 22, I am not ready to be driving a "soccer-mom's" car just yet. However, I am trying to be a little more practical than solely looking at the outside of the car. What's inside matters the most in terms of its life and quality... and whether or not I love driving it day in and day out. The looks of the cars aside, I want the car I purchase to be one that is reliable and one that I won't be disappointed with. I haven't been able to find many, if any, positive sentiments about the Galant from this forum and as such, I don't think that I would go for it despite its good looks. Like sknight27 said, "you should be suspicious when such a beautiful car comes with such an attractive price." Plus, I worry about the whole scandal Mitsubishi had when they hid all those customer complaints. I don't want to save money on the purchase of a car only to be emptying my wallet on it later during repairs. As time goes on, I want to be able to buy a beautiful car that is JUST as reliable and sturdy as it is beautiful, perhaps a Mercedes or a BMW, but for now my budget won't allow it. That's my 2 cents. Can anyone answer my previous questions?
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    We bought a Galant ES V6 a few months back. For us it was the perfect blend of good looks, good performance, smooth ride, good handling, and nearly identical interior controls as the Camry. We've had several Camrys and my wife really liked the controls/driving position. The looks were poo-poo, but we were planning to buy another V6 Camry. After driving the Galant, we liked it better than the Camry in every aspect. We did also drive an Outback Sedan back-to- back with the Galant (mitsubishi/audi/subaru dealer). Wife immediately disliked the controls, seating position, and 4cyl engine. If it had some power I would have pressed for the Outback because we see some severe weather. Considering how hilly of an area I live in, 4cyl's just plain run out of power, and I haven't owned for several years.

I like the looks of the Galant better, but the Outback Sedan looks good too. My salesman said the V6 should be coming for it though, he just didn't know when. Honestly, I was hoping to wait for the 2002 Camrys coming this fall because they look very nice, and will be more powerful and I'm sure just as reliable/nice to drive as their prior models. However, we had a incident with her camry and had to get a new one sooner than planned. You may want to research the new Camry.

I don't think the Galant is "too cheap to believe", but it's priced between the domestics and the camry/accord/maxima. It is probably more reliable than the domestics, and maybe not as reliable as the Toyota/Honda crowd. That was the chance we took to get the car we liked. Most cars (even domestics, albeit less refined) are really reliable for the most part. Nothing out there has the tires falling off (well maybe a couple fords, lol!).

As for snow, the V6 comes with traction control which should help some. The AWD Outback is great, but could be overkill if you don't see really severe weather. We see alot of snow here, but most people manage fine with FWD. If you don't see ALOT of winter, the AWD might not be worth it (long-term reliability, weight, etc).
  • whoknewwhoknew Member Posts: 1
    I recently bought a 99 Galant GTZ. I like it but there is a loud rattle around the glove compartment that the dealership claimed it fixed with replacing the lock . . . but it's still an irritating problem. And now there is big time vibration when braking and my mechanic says it's the rotors so another repair to schedule. I sold my 91 Honda Accord because I was expecting to have maintenance expenses. I didn't expect problems so soon with this Galant. Has anyone else had similar problems?
  • cbnearlacbnearla Member Posts: 28
    I had two related rattles in the glovebox - the lock itself rattled in its hole, and the glovebox lid rattled because the lock wasn't fitted properly. The dealer replaced the lock, and the rattles ceased. Go back and make them fix it right! As for the brake vibrations, it seems that the rotors are (overly?) sensitive to how much torque is applied to the lug nuts - too much can cause warpage. After you have the rotors fixed, make sure any time the wheels have to be removed that the mechanic uses a torque wrench, not an air wrench, to tighten the nuts. My car has not had this rotor problem, but apparently many others have.
  • 4u24u2 Member Posts: 17
    AAA named the Galant the best car in its class. The Mitsubishi Galant received a "Recommended" rating from both Consumer Reports and Consumer Guide. Additionally, Car and Driver rated the Galant #1 in a comparison with Accord, Camry, Altima, and etc. I am absolutely enjoying the Galant. I have had blissful trouble-free driving for 11,000+ miles. I also enjoy the looks that I receive when driving the car, too.
    All the mags/specs for the Galant V6 show it being slightly slower than the Camry/Accord V6 crowd. Anyone else here that can compare?

I've owned several V6 Camrys and our 01 Galant V6 feels a bit quicker in real life driving. Maybe I just got a hot one, but it seems to have very good acceleration. A bit slow out of the hole, but after 15mph it comes on real strong. However, on the high-end it feels like it runs out of steam. Cruising above 85 doesn't feel as effortless as the Camrys did, but I rarely do that.

On the hilly back roads, it feels much quicker than the others but I think that's from the tranny. It senses grades and will hold a gear longer. Rarely do I find that tranny downshift half-way up a hill. The Camrys tended to slow a bit, then down shift causing a loss in momentum. I live in a very hilly area so the difference is very noticable.
  • kiralovekiralove Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys - I am taking deliveryof a 1998 Galant ES - silver in color, it has 30K miles on it - it also has leather seats, sunroof, 10CD changer w/tape, power everything, and remote entry. I bought the car for $10,295 - is this a fair price?

Please let me know -

Thanks,
    A.
    I say go with the Subaru Limited sedan. The wagons are ugly, but the sedan isn't. I have done extensive research lately on the Sub's and have the brochures in my 94 Galant right now! You get WAY more for your money as far as standard features, the AWD is fantastic if you live anywhere that freezes in the winter. They just don't break down,or have all the recalls! PLUS, you will have the HORSEPOWER! I have owned 2 Galants now, and though I do love the cars, my next car will be a Subaru Legacy Lmtd. Sedan! Go to subaru.com and do the comparison!!!
  • cho7819cho7819 Member Posts: 20
    since when did a sube have power? Last time I checked, the legacy had 165hp carrying around 3500lbs! Unless you get the v-6 err.. H-6, the sube will not be more powerful than my galant. But the H-6 will cost $30,000, at that price im off to the acura\mercedes dealer.... I hear the h-6 is not so powerful either, it does 0-60 in 8.8secs. So what im saying is that the sube may not be the best choice, test drive both each - they're both good cars
  • jlandretjlandret Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I are currently shopping for a new car and we are trying to decide between these two cars. Doing a side by side comparison of both models (both 2.4 cylinder automatic versions) on edmunds provides almost identical size, interior space, and performance numbers. We have driven both cars and enjoyed them both. We recently purchased a Sentra for her and loved our experience with Nissan. Now I'm looking to dump my college car '89 Celebrity. We would quickly go with Nissan because of our experience, however, as you all probably know the Altima is being completely redesigned this fall and could quickly drop in resale value. Any suggestions on which would be a better purchase?
    Thanks to everyone for your input. I have a lot to think about and another set of test drives to do! The H6 Sube sedan is coming out this 2002 year - which I think begins sometime in July. The price does shoot up, though (it will be a VDC model...very souped up). I am glad to hear that some of you chose the Galant over the Sube sedan. Thanks especially to sebring95...you seemed to be considering the same points I am wrestling with now. Living in DC, the winters here are not that severe, but I may be in boston next year. This lack of power on the Sue sedan still worries me. Right now the H4 on the sedan is 165 horsepower. The H6 will be 215 (big difference in horses, but price, too). However, the ride felt just as "peppy" as the V6 Gallant I test drove - without the cabin noise and I think a bit smoother. Sube owners that have had the H4s for years have said they still run like the day they bought them, which is encouraging. The Galant is a beautiful car - it reminds me of a BMW - and it sounds like it would perform well in DC, and perhaps Boston as well. I still have time to mull it over. Thanks again for all the insight and comments!
    If you are pleased with the Altima, go for it. I don't like 4cyls at all, so the Altima really wasn't on my list. If I WAS to buy a 4cyl though, I'd pick the Altima over the Galant.

The Altima felt kinda cheap/tinny IMHO, but it was an OK car for the money and the engine feels/sounds ok. I think Nissan has a bit better reliability, but the Altima has never had good resale (or the Galant for the matter). I don't care for the looks of the Altima, and the Galant feels like a bigger more substantial car IMHO.
  • marcinmarcin Member Posts: 64
    I have both, '99 Altima GXE Premium and Galant ES. Price was almost identical, both 4 cyl, both new when bought. Altima has 22k and Galant 46k. easy to see which car is used for family driving :) Galant is quicker, looks nicer inside and outside. However, Altima has thicker body (metal), lower RPMs at high speeds (at least by 500 RPMs at the same speed), and we get better service at our Nissan dealer than Mitsu's. Both cars have pluses and minuses, so having 2 it kind of evens out. Personally, I think Galant is much better looking inside and out. I am looking forward to 2002 Altima, I am very curious how will it feel. But for now, Galant is our car of choice for family outings.
  • cristicristi Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 78,000 miles 4 Jr sedan for $7700. and would like to hear from someone if I should be expecting major problems in the near future for a 97 Gallant S. The dealer told me I could return it in a week if I was not completely happy with the car. My mechanic said it was in great condition and I shouldn't have to worry about anything for 20,000 miles. I'm just concerned about problems reported for that year. Would appreciate any feed back. Thanks

Cristi
    I'd just drive it. I mean, what else are you going to buy for $7700 that's not going to have questionable reliability? You could need major repairs on anything in that price range, IMHO. You could spend another couple grand to get into something new/more reliable or possibly pay $2000 for repairs. The gamble is you can drive the Galant and not need anything.
  • solid101solid101 Member Posts: 12
    Both are fine cars, I like both, as long as you can spot a good deal, just go for it, Subbie's been know for it's durable engine and body stiffness, I almost bought the Subbie when shopping for my GTZ, but the one I test drove has this Humming noise that came from the center differential that bothers me(apparently me and me only, you know how people reacts differently to different frequencies), the H6 models are too expensive for it's design from my point of view, plus the new JAG. also feature standard AWD that starts at 28K, unless you really need AWD or you can lock down a good deal, Galant it's a good buy by all means.
  • magwai1magwai1 Member Posts: 1
    2000 Galant GTZ (32000 miles), San Jose CA

The Good:
    1)Looks like a Lancer.
    2)You get to stick cool "Ralliart" stickers if you wish.
    3)Ralliart designed suspension(GTZ only).
    4)Great looking car and roomy.
    5)V6 power and runs excellent.
    6)Handling great and balanced.
    7)White face gauges and great looking rear wing.
    8)Awesome Infinity 7 speaker system.
    9)Nice and comfortable "commute" car.
    10)Huge trunk!

The Bad:
    1)Wish it was VR4 model sold only in Japan(280hp and AWD)
    2)Final manufacturing in Illinois so quality might not be as good.
    3)Needs to be faster but good people hauler.
    4)Needs smoother and smarter tranny.

The Ugly:
    1)Engine seems to run really hot even though gauge doesn't say so.
    2)Glove compartment becomes loose and rattles after awhile.
    3)Armrest compartment lid screws comes loose after awhile also and needs to be tightened now and then.
    4)Had tranny fluid flushed at 32000 miles and mechanic said fluid was dirty and burnt. Thank goodness I had it changed before tranny sustained permanent damage.
    5)Activating power window swithes at night somehow makes headlights dimmer as if it's draining power from it. Try it and let me know if it's happening to your Galant too.
    6)Sputtering hissing sound coming from intake manifold area especially when driving car for awhile. Thought it was tranny but narrowed it down to that area after opening hood and checking it out. Anyone have this problem? I'll bring it back to dealer soon. Car runs great but just wondering what the hell the noise is.
    7)That damn brake rotor problem seems to have hit my car too! I'm going to get after market cross drilled rotors instead. Seems like OEM rotors for this car stinks.
    8)Goodyear Eagles squeel too much and wear out too quick. Getting Yokohama AVSdB pretty soon.
    9)A hint of wind noise leaking through front passenger side window.
    10)Cabin noise quiet at first then seemed to get louder after owning for awhile. Hopefully quieter tires will do the trick.
    11)Air conditioning doesn't seem to work as well in really hot weather.(Kalapana Black)
    12)Other spark plugs hidden underneath intake manifold assembly so can't really change sparkplugs yourself easily.

I think I got the car for it's looks but also that tempting "0" down special they had going when I had "0" money to put down. Post a reply if experiencing similar probs or email me at jedixterminator@hotmail.com about it.
    I've seen several posts about this problem . Can anyone specificlly described the symptoms, or how to tell ... I think it's good to know.
  • y21azy21az Member Posts: 3
    hey ..
    well iam in about 4 months into my galant and the only thing i can complain about is the radio.
    I really like this car..........well i love it.
    hopefully it stays this way.

how many times a year should i get a tune-up?
    thanks
  • mattbartmattbart Member Posts: 12
    I have noticed the power windows seem to put a strain on the electrical system of my 2000 ES. It's really bad if you roll down all four windows at once.
  • deejwdeejw Member Posts: 2
    This car is a fantastic mid-size, pseudo luxury automobile. For the money, it can't be beat. It looks good, drives great and the price is nice. What more can you want?
  • peterslawpeterslaw Member Posts: 9
    You asked: What more can you want? Well, how about a car that doesn't get recalled what seems like every three months.
  • marcinmarcin Member Posts: 64
    rolling windows down is not as bad as rolling up all of them at once. at least on my '99 ES.
    I think it's getting very common for manufacturers to perform recalls. Especially with all the lawsuits that owners seem to be winning. My last Camry had 4 recalls (for dumb things I've yet to have repaired), my first (a 92 model) had zero. I'm coming up on three months with the Galant and so far nothing in the mail!
  • cajun626cajun626 Member Posts: 54
    After reading through some of these posts I'm afraid that my transmission will fall off and/or my engine will explode any minute now. My '94 ES just passed 100K miles and still runs like new. I've had no major mechanical problems. Has anyone else logged 100K+ miles on a mid-90's Galant or is this thing a timebomb?
  • blf2blf2 Member Posts: 38
    Our GTZ had the same problem, it was the lock cylinder(at least in our case), the dealer replaced it about 6 mos ago and it's very quiet now, what a difference! That thing was driving me crazy!
    I had minor rattle on my glove box .. and since I was doing the transmission recall , I told them to take a look at it and they replaced it.

Well recalls may not be that bad after all... still better to do recalls now than wait for something similar to firestone.
    Maybe the problems stem from the fact that the glove box weighs 500 pounds!! Holy crap that thing falls open like a box of bricks. I think I can cut 3/10's off the 1/4 mile with a lighter box. Think I can find that in JEGS?? LOL! carbon-fiber glove box upgrade, maybe I'm onto something.
    they actually do make a weight-saving glove box door, but it's not from Jegs,and it's not Carbon Fiber, it's made from Poly-3 and it's sold thru Asian-Excess AutoSource. OK, Just kidding, but I had a good chuckle about the "box of bricks", it really does seem to open w/ a good bit of gusto!
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    I had horrible brake problems with my 99 ES, mostly stemming from bad rotors. In fact, I think I had the car in the shop 5 times in the first 6 months with problems. Once they replaced some suspension parts (part of a TSB I believe) and several other times they turned the rotors and replaced the pads. Each time the heavy vibration during braking (light and heavy both) came back in a matter of weeks. The SECOND time they replaced the rotors I traded in the car three days after getting it back. I'm not sure if the second set of rotors fixed the issue or not.

By the way, I still love the way the car looks, feels and handles. I think it beats Camry's, Accords and it's other competition in every category except mechanical soundness.

-M
    ^By the way, I still love the way the car looks, feels and handles. I think it beats Camry's, Accords and it's other competition in every category except mechanical soundness.^

I agree totally. We are totally pleased with our ES V6. So far no problems, but after 8 years of sterile/boring Camrys we were willing to take a chance on reliability, LOL. If I do have a rotor problem, I'll switch to high performance rotors and be done with the factory. I can't figure out why chryco/mitsu can't figure out brakes.
    I still don't have that problem at the moment ... and I hope I won't have to deal with it ... (rotors)

Oh by the way , visit www.thegalantcenter.com for those who haven't .
  • vadim_stvadim_st Member Posts: 13
    I just moved from '91 Mazda 626 to a new Gallant ES/4. What struck me (besides inadequate interior lighting, noisy hot engine, etc. -- see above messages) were the seats that provided so little low back and butt support! Feels like my bottom sinks, and the body jackknives. Very disappointing. Compared to strong Mazda seats these are more like domestic sofas. Are the GTZ seats any better and has anyone tried tweaking with/changing the originals?
    I believe you have to buy the premium package to get the lumbar. Maybe you could find a set at the salvage yard. My ES with premium package is comfy.
    The GTZ seats are leather w/ 6-way power adjust & manual 3 setting lumbar adjust, and yes, they are quite an improvement over the manual cloth& ES power cloth seats IMO. The LS model shares the same seats as the GTZ.
  • ikudniikudni Member Posts: 2
    I have a question about the overdrive on my '98 Gallant. When should I use it and when should I not? I have been driving in both city and highway driving with it on, but I am starting to think (and I believe the manual concurs) that overdrive is only to be used for highway driving and disengaged when driving at lower RPM/MPH. What have you all done in your experience with the Mitsu G?
  • ikudniikudni Member Posts: 2
    Lots of owners on other discussion groups are complaining about the auto transmission of the Mitsubishi Galant here which is starting to worry me. I wonder if it is an issue with specific years. When I researched the car I found no information about transmission issues in the cars. At least not the '98 Galants.
  • njdevildognjdevildog Member Posts: 1
    Curious to know if any other 2001 Gallant ES drives feel like the car has very loose steering when driving highway speeds. One gentle move on the steering wheel (to remain centered in your lane) causes the car to want to jump into the neighboring lane. To correct the over responsiveness your steer the other way. You zig zag down the highway getting nausea. This is my first day with the new car. We're not off to a good start.
    You'd better get back to the dealer in a hurry, something's definately wrong w/ your car. Did you check the rear tire pressure? Low rear tires will cause the steering to wander, other than that, it must be something wrong w/ the steering settings, probably the caster angle, but a new car shouldn't have that occur, was it brand new, or a slightly used Galant? I'd take it back to the dealer and make him drive it, or take another Galant out on the same road and make sure it's not grooves in the road causing this. Good luck & BTW, I take it you're a Jersey hockey fan, Sorry, but my Avalanche kinda wrecked your party, but you guys'll be back next year!
  • rodmcpodrodmcpod Member Posts: 3
    I read the rooms here on Galants for several months before making my car purchase in November 2000 - and I think it really helped. So I thought I'd come back and give everyone an update to help out anyone considering a galant.

I bought a Black GTZ in NY. I paid sticker for it for several reasons - 1) There were no GTZs on the lot (they had to go to conneticut to get it for me). 2) Demand is high for GTZs and 3) Production is low. They were "nice" enough to through in a trunk mat (which is awesome) and wheel locks. I could have gotten it cheaper online but I was willing to pay for the dealership support in case I needed it. I also got a 100,000 mile warrenty for about $1,500 when I bought the car. This was mainly due to what I heard on this chat room, but none the less I think it was a good investment - no I haven't needed it yet.

So, I have 8,000 miles on it so far and very few complaints - but to be fair I'll list them.

1) The automatic transmission can't keep up with the V6. When you floor it, it takes a while to kick in, but once it does, it flys.

2) Black is tough to keep clean. This is not a GTZ thing, but anyone considering buying a car should be warned. I must admit though, of all the colors, I think the black GTZ is the best with the matching grill and all. And if you tint the glass like I did last week, you'll get a lot of looks.

3) A minor flaw - when I lower the sun visor ,it hits the rearview mirror. I think this is only in my car and when I get back to the dealer I'll tell them to fix it.

4) Lastly, the passenger side seat airbag is messed up. Came from the factory like that. The dealer is going to fix it though.

So, that all said, I still love it.It is a bad [non-permissible content removed] car. Anyone considering getting a V6-LS instead shouldn't. Think about it, you get matching color grills, white guages, sports suspension, spoiler, and most of all the "GTZ" badge for only $800 more.
  • mpevznermpevzner Member Posts: 41
    First of all let's find the root cause of the problem. Of course Mitsubishi engineering and manufacturing is inferior to that of the major manufacturers, but you get what you pay for.
    Most Mitsubishi repeirmen whom I dealt with were clueless, mean or both. I found only one exception in the whole San Francisco bay area.
    If your brake rotors keep failing after being replaced you have the following options:

1. They keep screwing up the installation process. Most of these morons use pneumatic instrument to toghten the lug nuts. They are supposed to use a torque wrench with 75 lb/ft limit (if memory serves) but ... they don't! Applying excessive torque may cause your rotors to warp, it may cause damage to the bearings too :( This is most likely what's going on IMHO.

SOLUTION: Take the car to a reputable local independent mechanic and see what he says.

2. It's possible that there's something wrong with other parts of your brake system, such as brake calipers for instance. Clear failure to diagnose and rectify the problem by the servicemen leads to rotors being replaced and warped again. Less likely, but still possible.

SOLUTION: Talk to Mitsubsihsi factory service representative. He can authorise replacement of the whole brake system and possibly even the car.

3. Poor engineering of the brake system may lead to continuous the brake failure under harsh conditions. Mitsubishi is known for poor engineering, but "harsh" conditions are hard to find in this country. Unlikely, but possible.

SOLUTION: Same as in 2, try to get your money back and buy something else.

4. You are getting one defective pair of rotors after another. This is very unlikely, after all it's not necessarily mitsubishi that manufactures the rotors. The same manufacturer may supply the rotors to many car makers, there's at least several manufacturers in the market.

SOLUTION: Try fixing your car at another dealer. If it doesn't help - same as in 2.