Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti Q45

1131415161719»

Comments

• ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    I have a part coming in in about 1-2 days. Dealer prices with tax $330...online (with shipping) $215

http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/
  • alean98alean98 Member Posts: 1
    I need to find a replacement for my 1994 Q45's trunk-mounted CD Changer. The OEM is a Sony CD Changer. I went on to eBay and found a Kenwood CD Changer took off from a 95 Q45, which is a 6-CD changer vs Sony's 10-CD changer. Does anyone know about this CD Changer replacement issue and hope to direct me to find a 10-disc Sony CD Changer? I did check on related questions in this forum posted much earlier. I just need an update Thanks.
  • ed97q45ed97q45 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. My name is eddie and i own a 1997 Q45. Its a great car and i love it. But like anything i would like to add more power to it. I did some research and noticed that the older models had more power. I am lookin for help to get pointed in the right direction to do mods to my engine. Anything will be helpful. Thanks!
  • dyess5dyess5 Member Posts: 13
    I have the same complaint. I have everything minus laser cruise and bluetooth. I ran into a dead end, but it sure would be nice to have bluetooth in this car. PLease let me know if you find anything out.
  • dyess5dyess5 Member Posts: 13
    UM, why? But it can be very easy. Simply run one of the speaker wires to one side of the switch and then a wire from the switch to the speaker. Run the other wire normaly to the speaker. They do sell PA systems at Radio Shack, if you want to yell at people. Hope this helps
  • MrQ45LimoMrQ45Limo Member Posts: 1
    I would really appreciate some feedback on what the Members here at Edmunds think about my latest Aquisition to my Limousine fleet...I was told there were only Two stretched in 2003, and I was informed that the twin to mine except the fact that it was white, was recently sold and shipped over to Russia.. I would value what Q Lovers here have to say about this very unique and apparently Rare find. Please visit my car space pictures and let me know what you all think....Thanks folks!!!! ;)
  • twallytwally Member Posts: 5
    I've had my 2000 Anniversary Edition for 3 years now. Its been extremely reliable and durable. Excellent design details. Quick on highway,effortless to drive fast long distance. Zero problems. definitely need winter tires in a cold climate but with good winter yokohamas it was like a snow cat.
  • alonzo2alonzo2 Member Posts: 46
    My 99 q 45 suddenly won't start and the mechanic thinks the ignition is locked out by the security chip. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?
  • lou92qlou92q Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem with my '92. Acts like it's running on 4 cylinders, won't idle (cuts off if you take your foot off the gas) and is spewing black soot out of the exhaust. I checked the fuel filter by dis-connecting the hose coming out of it to the fuel system. Seems to be working. Filled up 1/2 of a quart jar when I turned the ignition on and primed the fuel pump.
  • tmuhammadtmuhammad Member Posts: 1
    Hey i just purchased a 1997 Q45 and i need to get a manual, can anyone help me please?
    available on ebay. In disc or maybe book also.
  • knah2003knah2003 Member Posts: 11
    http://www.infiniti-techinfo.com/deptsubs.aspx One year subscription $20....
  • norwesternernorwesterner Member Posts: 94
    Question 1. Low beam headlight. How do I change it? From the front or back? From the back there is a wire that pops off but can't seem to remove the light, not sure it is the correct light anyway, it is next to a 2 inch round plastic unit with fins on it.

Question 2. When I am sitting a red light the engine starts missing and then when I start moving it misses for about the first 100 feet or so.

Any suggestions? Thanks
  • jmasinickjmasinick Member Posts: 4
    Hello Everyone,
    I am having a reliability problem on my Q with the starting procedure. I read in the manual that the ACC position disarms the security system but most times I have to
    twist the key fob several times from off to start to get it to kick in. I have tried leaving the key in ACC position until the screen comes on top of the center stack but no guaranty there either. Anybody else experience this? Other wise every thing else works great have had the car 2 weeks.
  • jmasinickjmasinick Member Posts: 4
    Hello
    I am having a similar problem on my '02. Sometimes as I am sitting inside and the key just clicks, I have to pull it out of the ignition switch punch lock and then unlock
    3 times insert key turn to ACC and then start and it fires up. I haven't taken it to dealer yet, have had the car for 2 weeks.
  • lou92qlou92q Member Posts: 2
    ok, so it's been over a year since the above post. Since then, I have replaced the spark plugs, checked the coils (replaced one), replaced all of the fuel injectors, knock sensors and put it all back together. It's still doing exactly the same thing. It will run fine for awhile and then won't idle and acts like it's running on 4 cylinders when you tru to step on the gas. I've noticed that if I floor it or press the peddle down 3/4 it will start and seems to be running on all cylinders until I try to let it idle again or drop the revs down below 1500 or so. Any ideas?
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    Mass air flow sensor...I had a leak in my intake runner after the MAF and it was throwing it all off...
  • acpower5acpower5 Member Posts: 2
    had 2002 that would crank but not start like it was out of gas and it was the cam sensor
  • acpower5acpower5 Member Posts: 2
    this warning comes on when you start the car, anyone know what is causing it?

its a 2002 q45
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Member Posts: 2,345
    is there anything of weight sitting on the passenger seat?
  • dalcamdalcam Member Posts: 2
    I am wondering where to start my passanger side head light and fog light quit working on low beam but it works on high beam any ideas of where to start or what the issue might be
    If you have the Xenon headlights your ballast might be bad, as for the fog light all I can say is replace the bulb. The fogs usually go off when you use hi beams.
  • dalcamdalcam Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    I am using silver star head lights i have no Ballast but thanks for the info
This discussion has been closed.