Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo S80

Comments

• shoes1shoes1 Member Posts: 3
    Responding to Message #998. Would be interested to see how you do as we have a 2001 S80 with a residual of 24K+ coming due next year. Spoke to Volvo finance on gap insurance and got the impression they are very open to looking at an offer from us. Suggest you try to push for some kind of extended warranty on powertrain as I can assure you these toys are going to be MAJOR league expensive to fix!

/Don
    cps@orlandorelocation.com
    Respondong to message #1001. Have been hearing more and more about this lately! We have a 2001 S80 2.9 and have NEVER been satisfied with the transmission on this car. I have complained over and over but the dealer just keeps telling us the car is running to spec and they have done all the software upgrades they can. I can't believe that a vehicle of this price range would be designed so that at steady speed (between 40-50 mph) the car is supposed to lurch like it is slipping between gears.

We will have to decide next year whether or not to buy out the lease and would be very curious to see how things turn out with your discussions with Volvo.

/Don
  • rcoppolrcoppol Member Posts: 2
    I found that my head smacked the hand-hold when I was going slow over RR tracks or turning off the road into my driveway. My 2000 S80 sets up a lateral oscillation and if the seat is at the highest setting and not back far enough I get smacked. It is definitely a potential killer in an accident. You can adjust the seat so you don't hit it but it would be better to remove the hand-hold.
  • bahokikibahokiki Member Posts: 1
    Leased 2000 S80 2.9 in October 1999. Lease now nearing completion with 42K and my thoughts on the car.
    Exterior styling A+. still one of the nicer looking cars on the road.
    Interior styling A. quality of materials is OK and design of interior is pleasing to the eye.
    Reliability B+. a few recurrent repair issues, but all solved eventually under warranty.
    Service A+. Have received excellent service from Volvo of Cerritos.
    Safety A Feeling of security easily felt.
    Road Noise F Insulation on car is terrible and completely unacceptable. Annoying wind noise around drivers window.

Summary - A beautiful car while parked, but I hate driving this car and would not recommend it to anyone. This is Volvo's largest sedan and the amound of road noise is comparable to many unacceptable American cars. Probably unfair to compare to Lexus or Infiniti for sound level, but the people at Volvo could have done a much better job of insulating this "luxury" vehicle. I will never drive another one.
  • larryp3larryp3 Member Posts: 20
    I have a 2000 T6 and agree with your comments for the most part. Re: the noise. Have you tried taping over the mirror hinge crack. I had lots of noise there, taped it to proove it and then inserted sticky velcro(fuzzy part) to fill the space and stop the noise.
  • billiam70billiam70 Member Posts: 54
    I had a 99 2.9 and it was whisper quiet inside. It has been by far the quietest car I have owned, or even been in. This is over Acura, BMW, and Mercedes. Maybe it was something with yours that could have been repaired. Did you mention it to your dealer? Mine was nothing but flawless. I even sold it to my Aunt and Uncle when I moved cross-country last year. It has close to 40,000 miles and they rave about how wonderful the car is everytime I talk to them.
  • mleachmanmleachman Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my ’99 Volvo S80 T6 with 55,000 miles in December of 2000. While I love driving my car, I have been plagued with what I believe is excessive repairs. I wanted to reach out to other Volvo owners to see if it is just my car or if this is what one can truly expect when purchasing this car.

I have never been in any type of accident and have taken impeccable car of this car. (prompt oil changes, using the best tires (on the proper rotation schedule) only put premium gas in it….)

At 65,000 miles we started experiencing a stumbling in the engine, surge, hesitation, power loss, and will not start on the first attempt (this piece is still true today, have never been able to get this fixed)

At 68,000 miles returned to shop for the same issues as at 65K.

At 72,000 miles encountered the “emission system” light and paid for “general electrical” repairs. We were told that the gas cap was being placed on crooked.

At 74,000 miles back in for the “emissions system” warning light, shop was able to “cold start” vehicle (we haven’t) and also noted that the correct message displayed when start failed (so did they get it cold started or what?)

At 78,000 while in for regular lube & oil service they check all fluids and noted that brakes did not need replacing.

At 83,000 the “transmission slipping” light came on, they checked fluids and turned off light.

At 86,000 the “emission system” warning was again reset. We were told that the gas cap was being placed on crooked. However, Rob and I both checked the cap before taking into shop, it was not crooked.

At 89,000 replaced the cooling fan and EVAP Valve

At 90,000 the LF ABS Sensor needed to be replaced.

At 96,000 The “transmission” warning was traced to bad left front wheel speed sensor and was replaced. The top engine mount was replaced to prevent engine from knocking. They inspected the brakes for the sound made when barking and turning and replaced the HUB Axle Bolts and installed new ball joints.

At 97,000 we experienced a severe pull to the right and took back to the shop and it was determined that the inner tie rod socket was gone, so that was replaced and the Module was replaced. (don’t recall the name but it was $672.00)

Each repair was a major expense and I did not list all the times the “emission system” warning light has come on and had to be returned to the shop to be checked and shut off.

When we purchased this car from the original owners who had the car serviced regularly as well, I anticipated some maintenance requirements, but not to this extent.

The Volvo repair center keeps pointing to my miles. However I purchased the Volvo because of its reputation as an exceptional quality machine. I thought that with proper maintenance, this would be the last car I would ever need to purchase.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
  • dongsterdongster Member Posts: 4
    It may not be a good advice... Sometime I see warning message that I don't think it is important and must be some computer failure, I just disconnect battery for 20~30 minunetes after my S80 completely cools down (Its fan might still run when engine is hot). When I reconnect battery and start engine, the message is gone and dones not come up again...
    I have 99 S80 2.9 at 54000 miles. I just had suspension problem costs me $1100... Other than that it is the quitest car and the most beautiful car I have ever afford.
  • aggie76aggie76 Member Posts: 266
    Check out Garmin's Street Pilot Nav systems. I've got an MDX with the Navi and have seen the Garmin and it's a really sharp system for less money. Plus, moveable between vehicles which is a real plus.
    In my opinion you are only going to go from bad to worse as the repair bills will become more frequent and expensive as the miles rack up. We have a 2001 and just made yet another appt. for it to go in due to problems with the transmission My tech (who is excellent) who we have dealt with for over 10 years confirmed the 99's are complete dogs and should be avoided at all costs.

We are going to dump ours at the end of the lease and keep our old 740 and my advice is you should do the same.

For LOTS of info on these cars try brickboard.com's S80 discussion board.
  • rollierollie Member Posts: 337
    Dongster, I just came across your posts (990 and 1010), regarding suspension problems on you '99 S80. Could you share with us what the diagnosis was that cost $1100?

Thanks.

-rollie
    rdollie@att.net
  • rollierollie Member Posts: 337
    Sorry Dongster - I meant to say post #1009 not #1010.

-rollie
  • kjewelkjewel Member Posts: 19
    Coming up on my 2000 T6 end of lease (December). I'll let everyone know if any special incentives come down the pike. I spoke with my original sales guy and he said I shouldn't expect anything. We'll see.
    Rollie, thank you for your concern for my S80. I had a bad sturt. The strut lost its tension and messed up all other suspension parts on front pasenger side whenever I go over bump. I was driving it about a month eventhough I heard the clunk noise coming from the suspension. It looked perfectly even and okay when I just saw it.
    I had to replace entire suspension systems. Fortunately, I had extended warranty from the dealer. So it did not actually cost me anything except I had to carpool for 7 days including Labor day weekends. A loaner car was not covered... They told me it would cost $1100 without the extended warranty. My S80 is at 54000 miles and its manufacturer's warrnty expired at 50000 miles as you know.
    It is very strange having a bad strut. It was original Volvo strut. I also have 11 years old Mazda that I never had problem with a strut... None of people around me had any strut problem before. I thougt it was just ball joint...
  • chodginschodgins Member Posts: 4
    I have the 2000 S80 that just got its fourth transmission. I went to another dealership (not the one I bought it from, which I dont' like). On orders from Volvo, I will get resale value for my car and below dealer invoice for a new car. So now I'm deciding between an S60 and an S80. So it sounds like it might end up with Volvo standing up after all.
  • landlockedlandlocked Member Posts: 14
    I do not use my 2001 S80 for commuting, so aside from evening and weekend use, it spends a lot of time parked in my garage ... meaning that my mileage isn't piling up very quickly. Scheduled maintenance is listed by mileage, and in some cases by time limits. If I am following the mileage deadlines, I will likely go well past the calendar deadlines. Can someone please explain if the calendar deadlines are important or if following the mileage deadlines will be enough. Also, what are the warranty implications if I do this?
  • paltingpalting Member Posts: 26
    Oils do degrade with time, particularly if they are just standing. We are fairly in the same boat. I have 17000 miles on my '99 S80 T6. I do have the oil changed every year. Kinda gives rise to some confusion, as I had the oil changed based on time, then I get a reminder from the dealer based on predicted mileage a month later. Oil change is a warrantee requirement, so if missed, they can use it against you.
  • petrie3petrie3 Member Posts: 47
    My condolences on your repair experience. I've been off this board for some time as Volvo took back my 2000 S80 T6 about 3 months ago after 2 years of constant problems. If asked, I would certainly have advised against buying ANY S80, much less a one year old car with 50,000 miles on it! Mine had many problems, but the killer was the electrical system. Nothing ever worked right. Doors locked and unlocked by themselves (even overnight!); homelink didn't work, cruise and radio controls on wheel didn't work; power seat inoperable, power seat memory failed, etc. I finally started writing letters to dealer GM, VCNA, Better Business, Volvo regional rep, and NTSB regarding these safety issues. They ultimately agreed to terminate my lease 8 months early (out of 36), no penalty, refunded 3 months of lease payments (that's how long they had the car, in total) and paid various other expenses. Tried to offer me a "deal" on a Volvo or any other car in the Ford "family". But the deal was the same "X" rate they give to employees, and various other organizations that you can join...so no great deal after all. This was my wife's car and no way was she going to get any other Volvo family car this time. She loved Volvos, but will probably never get another. The quality control on this car is horrible. My advice, sell the car NOW and get into something with a better reliability record.
  • budboy82budboy82 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1999 S80 T6 I bought this spring under a certified preowned basis, so I have an extended warranty to 100,000 miles. I have had various problems that others have described on this board (thumping in the suspension, indicator lights coming on, etc.

As it relates to #995, when I recently got it back from the dealer mechanic (they had for two weeks), they informed me that the software upgrade for the electronic control module was not covered by the warranty. This upgrade was needed to fix a cold start idle problem. When I called the warranty rep, the rep agreed that the only way to fix the problem was to upgrade the software, but said the warranty would not cover it because it was not a replacement part, and that software upgrades were not covered. How did you do it?

On #1008, I am beginning to think I am starting along the same path. I have 61,000 miles, and I don't think I should be experiencing problems like thumping from the suspension (replaced sway bar links), sub frame noise (O rings installed), check engine light (replaced electronic throttle module and ETM software), ABS stability control sensor light (replaced the RF ABS wheel sensor), and various rattles that never seem to get completely fixed. Are others experiencing the same problems?

Finally, my AM radio reception is very weak. Anyone else experiencing this? How do you increase the reception?
  • bruinjohnbruinjohn Member Posts: 3
    My wife drives a 2001 S80 T6. We have had it for a little over one year and so far have 13,000 trouble free miles...knock on wood. However, when it comes trade in time in a couple of years, I think we will seriously consider a Lexus GS 430 or a Jaguar S-Type. Lexus and Jaguar seem to offer more for the money...ie horsepower...
  • andruvandruv Member Posts: 6
    I bought a 2002 T6 5,000 miles ago, bought new in the belief (and HOPE) that the problems have been ironed out because i loved the car.

So far, so good.
    Please anyone tell me how to turn off service reminder light.
    I tried, "turn ignition key to position I, push in and hold the odometer reset button (use your left hand), move the ignition key to position II, wait until you see the service light blinking, then release the odometer reset button." It did not work.
  • n0v8orn0v8or Member Posts: 169
    The trip meter has 2 modes, T-1 and T-2. You will see a little tiny T-1 or T-2 in the display. To change between modes, press and release the reset button. According to a post on Brickboard, the trip meter must be in T-1 to reset the service reminder.

Also, for 2002 models, the procedure is slightly different: Turn the key to position I.
    Press and HOLD the trip reset button while watching the trip display. When the miles reset to zero, turn the key to position II while holding the trip reset. Continue holding and watch the trip display. When the original mileage display returns, release the trip reset. Turn the key off, then back on and start engine. Service reminder should now be reset
  • bokenboken Member Posts: 3
    Well from reading the board, I now realize the 99 T6 is a terrible car but unfortunately I have it for now.

I have had a recurring problem that my tech guy can't seem to fix. Every so often, my entire dashboard instrumentation goes black after I receive every warning light knows to man includng brake failure, engine light etc. The first time it happened my dealer sooposedly replaced something on the computer board but now it has happened again three times. Has anyone else seen this problem??
  • shaunsshauns Member Posts: 24
    Stars be praised, I have one of the very last 1999 2.9s with 43K on the odo, and after the first 8K miles, totally uneventful driving. The
    1st 8K saw the front suspension ball joints and
    a torn (!) motor mount replaced, and the driver's seat snubber added to cure excessive rocking. But that's it.

I would agree with others on the net - that I'll be looking elsewhere for my next ride. A great freeway cruiser, but not enough road noise isolation, and basically boring handling dynamics. We'll see what the 2004 A6 looks like - or that 300HP HYBRID drive sports sedan Acura claims to be bringing to market in 2005. Fancy that - a "green" luxury car that's fun to drive! Earth-friendly technology years ahead of the quintissential safety-green car company!
  • squadronleadersquadronleader Member Posts: 11
    We just got a 2002 S80 T6. I am considering getting a set of 4 snow tires and wheels. Does anyone have an opinion on what is good?

Also, does anyone have an opinion on the Michelin HX MXMV 225/50-17 tires that ame on the car? Wear, wet traction, etc.?

Thanks!
  • eitan1eitan1 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone having problems with their wipers leaving a film on their windshield or the blades dragging across the widnshield? I purchased a pre-owned 99 S80 and I think the dealer had to replace the widshield. Maybe the arms of the baldes are not set right or the wiper motor isn't operating correctly? I would appreciate whatever help anyone can give me with this.
  • gerry14gerry14 Member Posts: 12
    Not many alternatives with these dimensions. I replaced mine at 45000 miles and was told I had done well. Winters in Southern Indiana don't provide a real test for traction on snow and ice, but I thought the Michelins got a little dicey on wet pavement after 35000 miles. GP
  • n0v8orn0v8or Member Posts: 169
    I found the Volvo S80 OEM wipers to be unequivocal junk. I had the identical problems (chattering and film) with a brand new S80. With less than 200 miles on the odometer, I tried a new set of official Volvo blades (US$100 for the set at a dealer!), and they were even worse. I returned them and bought complete aftermarket assemblies (holder and blade) for $15 each, and both problems dissapeared. Now I buy good quality replacement blades every year for a few dollars instead of the high-priced trash Volvo sells.

The Trico holders do not have the plastic spoiler affixed to the driver's side, but I don't think I will drive at speeds in the USA where it would be helpful. I have not noticed any loss of wiper effectiveness at 75mph.
    Thanks for the input. The Michelins look like good tires and seem to handle well. We only have about 600 miles on the car.

Have you used any snow tires?
    Had same problem with my wipers on 2000 T6. I think the basic problem is too much pressure on the arms. I bent the arms away from the windshield (just a bit). It seems to have helped alot.
    Anybody experiencing loud compressor on/off cycling noises? It sounds similar to idler pulley bearing noise but it only occurs w/AC. Comments welcome.
  • cet1stcet1st Member Posts: 17
    I've just traded a 2002 S80, T6 with 48K miles for a 2002 S80, T6 with 41 miles. I've noticed the following:
    1. Increase acceleration whether in 1st or 4th gear
    2. Better steering and cornering. Car feels lighter to handle than the 2000 model
    3. Same sound and features in stereo system
    4. Back seats folds down (not sure of 2000 model)
    5. Cruise control functions more accurately (does not drift +/- 2mph going thru mountains)
    6. Same gas mileage(Chicago to North Carolina - 27.6 mpg@ 65-70 mph. Hoping to improve with age
    7. Gas latch door must be activated to open from dash. Locks when car speed reaches 10mph
    8. Easier to wax due to removal of black mountings
    9. Garage opener standard equipment
    10. Will continue to use synthetic oil (changed after 3000 miles)
  • amazonamazon Member Posts: 293
    Yes, in a '00 S70. Exactly the symptom you're describing. They ended up replacing the compressor.
    No experience with snow tires, but on occasional winter trips to South Bend--read lake-effect snow capital of Indiana--I thought the Michelin Pilots performed reasonably well until the wear became excessive.
  • s80nightmares80nightmare Member Posts: 3
    I am on my 2nd s80, T6. First one was a 99 and had the horrific transmission problems. The dealer ended taking it back and I made the huge mistake of agreeing to take a newer 2000 model. It is the running joke of my neighborhood/family of having it constantly serviced. I service it almost every month! I won't take the space up to list all the problems. I had have just about every one that is listed here! I am so tired of having such an unreliable car and want to buy an Acura MDX. I looked at current values and it looks like I will only be able to get $20K from the dealer and maybe $25 retail for it! I am so disgusted as the depreciation seems to have really plummeted this past year. I can only attribute it to other S80 owners rallying and bringing the numerous problems to the public's attention (I am included in this group). These problems have affected the value of my car now. I want desperately to get rid of this nightmare.

Can anyone offer specific advice on how to get Volvo to buy all of these problems back? I know that I need to write a letter to Volvo, but has anyone had any luck doing this. Remember, this will be the second S80 they are taking back.
  • petrie3petrie3 Member Posts: 47
    You've already had them take one back, so you may know all the methods already. In my case, I had many problems relating to the computer and electrical systems. I was making slow progress through the dealer and the regional rep. Finally, I got to a VCNA bigwig through a friend and told him my story. I emphasized the safety issues involved and that I had written letters to VCNA, BBB, NTSB, etc. that I was prepared to mail if I didn't get any satisfaction. The guy was pretty easy once I laid out my tale of woe. My suggestion, emphasize safety dangers and that you are prepared to write all the letters. Good luck.
  • pjipji Member Posts: 1
    Considering the 2002 S80 2.9L. Tested it - seems a little sluggish but otherwise seems to look good. Can I please have some feedback if you own one. Thanks
  • paltingpalting Member Posts: 26
    Had it as a loaner from the dealer when I took my T6 in for service. It's a nice car. However, it seems you have to drive with a lead foot to get it going with any pace.The good thing is, once you do that, it does go at a good clip. May have something to do with the adaptive transmission.
  • wayfirewayfire Member Posts: 2
    I live on the west coast of Michigan and we get a lot of lake effect snow (>100in. last season). I'm picking up a set of Hakkapeliitta Q next month for our S80 T6. Others have said this is the best choice. I did research on the web and tend to agree (do a search engine query). Hope this helps.
    Thanks! I'll do a search for them.
  • derekchoyderekchoy Member Posts: 36
    I have a 99 S80 2.9, it is now at 48k miles and is still running great. I plan on keeping the car for a few more years so I'm thinking about the extended warranty through Volvo. Any advice on this? Is it worth paying $2000+ for another 2/3 yrs and 50k miles of warranty? Any hidden terms I should be aware of?

Also, my stock Michelin tires (MXM4) are almost at the end of their service life after 50k of driving. I like the handling and grip of the MXM4 but it is quite noisy at speed. Any recommendation on replacement tires? Would Bridgestone be a good choice (the RE-series) or I should just stick with the MXM4? I live in San Francisco so any dry or all-season tires will serve me well.

Thanks!
  • jeffreylevinjeffreylevin Member Posts: 32
    Just replaced 99 S80 tires with the same michelin tire (MXM4). The noise is due to the wear, with the horizontal tread markers now making contact with the road. After replacement, noise level is definitely down. If cost is not a factor stay with original tires.

As per warranty, the cost versus repair. The price quoted is steep for 2/3 years of insurance. If normal maintenance is performed, another 30k miles should not be a problem.

My S80 is a wonderful riding auto with 64k miles. The only issues I had was a bad window switch (covered) and bulb replacements. Save the money.
  • nus2mnus2m Member Posts: 2
    I don't know the S80. The OEM wipers maybe junk after all. But before you try bending the trailer arms try this. Go buy Bon Ami, it's a cleanser that has an exceptionally small particle size. Use the Bon Ami to clean the windshield and the rubber blades themselves. Glass cleaners cannot cut through the road grime and wax that ends up on all windshields. Don't use Comet or another cleanser, the larger particle sizes can scratch the glass.

Obviously it is a cleanser so keep it away from your paint. Just rinse liberally with a garden hose. Trust me, this works and it costs less than 2$!
  • s80nightmares80nightmare Member Posts: 3
    Just thought I would let you all know that I have traded in my 2000 S80 T-6 for an Acura MDX. I am so happy. I got a mere $19,000 for it with 40K on it. I could have rec'd a few thousand more selling it myself but I just couldn't take the persons money knowing that I was giving them my 3 yr long nightmare. I was very disappointed with what I got for the car. I had it less than three years, always garaged, everything fully maintained by Volvo, good tires/brakes/etc. I really thought that this would be a car I would keep for 7+ years. Instead, it was a money pit, nightmare, and a heartache. The car itself was such a beautiful ride, of course, that was when it wasn't in the shop.

I thought it was funny that the owner of the Volvo dealership and two of the mechanics confessed to me that this model is a real headache for them. The owner said that the market is incredibly soft for this particular car due to the eceonomy and it's bad reputation. The mechanics said they would never buy the S80. Amazing, huh?

My advice ***** Don't buy the S-80!!***
  • drew31drew31 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry re your experience, dealer problems, etc.. but in the interest of fairness, there's another point of view. Too often - much too often, these message boards have a disproportionate number of nay-sayers, turning the boards into [non-permissible content removed] sessions or personal vendettas (just check check out most other brands too) and create an unfair, distorted impression.

Item: my '01 S80, T-6, w almost 50k miles BTW, has been nearly totally trouble-free. No problems of any real significance - i.e., spiders clogging up gas vent tube, stuck CD player. Otherwise car is super comfortable, has more passing power than I need 99+% of the time, quiet, has the best car sound system (Pro Logic)I and most passengers have ever heard, delivers over 30 mpg on long trips, is perhaps the safest production sedan in the world, and, again, has been extremely reliable. I also know of several/many other happy S80 owners. Sorry if you were one of the unlucky ones who got a occasional lemon. Or maybe - just maybe - a possible cause of your problems had more to do with your particular dealer/ service staff/ mechanic(s). For years, I've only bought from dealers with established reputations for quality service.
  • drew31drew31 Member Posts: 4
    Sorry re your experience, dealer problems, etc.. but in the interest of fairness, there's another point of view. Too often - much too often, these message boards have a disproportionate number of nay-sayers, turning the boards into [non-permissible content removed] sessions or personal vendettas (just check check out most other brands too) and create an unfair, distorted impression.

Item: my '01 S80, T-6, w almost 50k miles BTW, has been nearly totally trouble-free. No problems of any real significance - i.e., spiders clogging up gas vent tube, stuck CD player. Otherwise car is super comfortable, has more passing power than I need 99+% of the time, quiet, has the best car sound system (Pro Logic)I and most passengers have ever heard, delivers over 30 mpg on long trips, is perhaps the safest production sedan in the world, and, again, has been extremely reliable. I also know of several/many other happy S80 owners. Sorry if you were one of the unlucky ones who got a occassional lemon. Or maybe - just maybe - a possible cause of your problems had more to do with your particular dealer/ service staff/ mechanic(s). For years, I've only bought from dealers with established reputations for quality service.
  • mammalmammal Member Posts: 7
    I am thinking of buying a 2001 S80 T6. I understand the earlier years had significant problems. Were they resolved by 2001?
    Depends on who you ask. Recent discussion in "XC90 vs. MDX" forum indicates that general opinion of S80 reliability is still low. However, my experience does not support that opinion . Following is a note I posted on the other forum a week or so ago.

For what it's worth, I have 56,000 essentially carefree miles on my
    2001 S80 2.9. I have followed the Townhall discussion since I bought
    the car and have experienced none of the nightmares reported for 1999
    and 2000 models--most of which had to do with electrical systems and
    the T6 transmission.

I had a problem with headlights burning out until Volvo installed a
    circuit which reduced line voltage. And I had a problem with
    linkage-wear on the front suspension, which was taken care of by a
    three hour service call under warranty. Other than that, I have had no
    significant problems.
  • kmcbridekmcbride Member Posts: 2
    I own a 99 2.9 and am wanting to replace the wipers. I notice that each wiper is a different size, but can't find the specs anywhere in the owners manual.

What sizes do I buy (and perhaps a brand name as well) ?