Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A6

Comments

• rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    The 2009 A6 will get a small facelift. Mostly the headlights and small trim appointments from what I hear.

The 3.2 will stick around, and the 09 models will get a 10hp bump to 265 hp. The new A4 due next year and the upcoming A5 will have the shared 265hp 3.2 motor.
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Member Posts: 5,343
    Don't get me wrong -- the 3.2 engine is a very fine piece of engineering and is of "adequate" power.

At $54,000 "nicely equipped," it is possible to get a very fine "sheen" (as in machine) with more than adequate power and change left over. Sure you can argue the Audi's interior is the best of the best and many agree with that. The car is safe, competent and an "all around good egg."

It needed the Audi mild bi-turbo tune up that historically Audi has done about this time in the development of their car's, and during a given run's lifespan.

The 3.2 needs to be 300HP and damn near that much torque AT THIS PRICE POINT.

This does not detract from the goodness in the A6, I love mine and I'd have another one in a heartbeat. But the "value" in this [underhood] respect is not high at this point.

More's the pity.

Drive the CTS AWD DI, drive an Infiniti -- either G or M -- drive so many other cars from all over the world, factor in the price for performance and it seems clear that Audi could "fix this" with two little implellers, about 6 oil squirters, a more robust piston and sodium filled valves and a couple other engineering tweaks they could do in their sleep.

Imagine an A6, SLine (now standard), sport suspension, some key option groups and a 300 HP, 295 pound feet (at 1800 RPM) V6 TFSI -- all for $54,000.

The last gen A6 ended its life as an SLine with a 265HP turbo with, as I recall, 280 pound feet at sub 2K RPM's) and despite its old tech and funky 5 speed "trip"tronic transmission, was a heck of a lot of fun (more fun?) than the current "adequately powered" 3.2.

No wonder the 535xi sells like "hot cakes." Audi doesn't seem as competitive in the horsepressure dept these days.

:cry:
    I agree. At 55 grand loaded, a 255hp 3.2 A6 just isn't enough power. You need 285-300hp to compete in this market place.

4 years with the same power just doesn't cut it. I honestly don't think Audi cares much about selling A6's in the US market much anymore.
    Audi will have to spruce up the A6 soon.

The next generation 2009 A4 is growing by a whopping 6.6 inches in the wheelbase to 110.90, up from 104.3. The current A6 is 111.90. A 1 inch bigger car in the wheelbase is not much difference to justify a lot of money. The A6 will still be a couple inches wide and a bigger car, but it'll be hard to spend 55k for a V6 3.2 A6 if you can get a larger A4 3.2 loaded for 8-9k less. We'll have to see how the new 2009 A4 pricing shakes out.

I would love to see the LWB A6 here in the states like the asian markets get.
    All of the technical goodies will be in the NEW A4, not even in the new A5. Most of the A6's lux goodies, MOST, not all, will also be offered in the A4 coming in about 12 months.

Still only 265 HP, same torque as the current, but in a lighter car with RWD Biased TorSen and Torque Vectoring -- which is everything SH-AWD wanted to be.

Better weight distribution and a current gen A6 cockpit in a car that WILL be narrower, but not much, and shorter overall and not much shorter in the WB.

What's NOT to love about the new A4? It will have to have some distance between itself and the A6, unless the A6 is SERIOUSLY subvented, discounted or content is added.

My eye is wandering back to the Infiniti family (again) and the new CTS AWD DI with all the toys (minus bluetooth -- DAMN!) is also very nice (more opinion after I test one.)

If Audi makes me another deal, I will almost certainly stay a customer -- but you know, they just need to goose this car, SLine or no, it needs more grunt.

On the other hand, I have been so pleased with mine in every other way, maybe I'll just keep it 'til the wheels turn square. :confuse:
  • kgarykgary Member Posts: 180
    The Audi quaterly magazine says a minor facelift for MY 09 and a new car for MY 2011. However, based on prior releases, the new A6 will be released the year after it is released in Europe. So the new A6 will hit the US in MY 2012.
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    Did you notice it is a diesel?
    The new A4 (not in the US yet, I know), is about an inch and a half shorter in the wheelbase than the C6 A6. The new A4 has the C6's interior, plus it appears to have been upgraded somewhat -- the MMI the dash, the overall demeanor of the A4 seems to be "all that the A6 was, plus some."

The most popular A6 is the 255HP 3.2 -- it is a great car, it is often accused of being underpowered. The A6 is notably nose heavy and its quattro system is NOT rear biased (for the record, I say that last fact is not really all that relevant in the real world, where a 50 50 split using a torsen system acts, anticipates and reacts in real time.)

Anyway, the new longer, wider, upgraded A4 chassis has a 265HP 3.2, better balance and seems to be overall VERY VERY close to the A6 in all the good ways and different in the areas where the A6 has been criticized.

If the A4 keeps its distance from the A6's MSRP, as it has historically, a well optioned 3.2 A4 quattro "sport" will be $6,000 to $8,000 less than a less capable A6 (at least until the new A6 comes out in 2 or 3 years.)

The A6's already pack trailing sales would seem to be vulnerable to "friendly fire" from this newer, bigger, more potent and less expensive A4 -- wouldn't it?

The new CTS, likewise, has made the STS much less attractive for many -- will the A4 do for the A6 the same as the CTS has done for the STS?

Wouldn't a reaction to this, from Audi, be to subvent the 30 and 36 month leases to offset this cannibalization? Wouldn't it take a "bargain" on the A6 to keep the sales propped up at least to "well above Acura RL levels?"

I read the previews, I have a 2005 A6 and I think, "the new A6 (due in a few years) will be awesome -- meantime, the new A4 is the new A6 for many."

Now get me into an A6 for less than $650 per month, and my eye will not wander (nor my mind wonder) across the showroom floor to that newer, bigger, nicer, better A4.

:confuse:
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    If the A6 sales are lagging in my neck of the woods (southern NH), it has to be due to the salespeople.

I recently 'Lemoned' a Lexus and was in the market for a new car, and I had a short list: an A6 4.2, and a BMW 535i.

The 2008 A6 was just out, and nobody had a 4.2 that I could test. I decided to test a 3.2 since everything about the car other than the engine was the same, and I liked it. Didn't love it... just liked it.

I had been calling the salesman regularly, waiting for the 4.2 to get in (I'd get the usual 'it should be here any day' response). In other words, any salesman would tag me as 'very interested', and since I was paying cash, I'd imagine I'd also be tagged as 'able to purchase'.

In the mean time, I did a few tests of the 535i and decided that it was the car for me. I ordered, and it should be arriving in NJ 10/22, and be in my eager hands a week later.

No calls from the Audi salesman. I called just to check, and he is still working there.

Add to that: my Dad's A8 warranty is up in February, and he will be looking for a new car and is leaning towards a new A8. My salesman knows this, and still hasn't even mailed the A8 brochure to me or my Dad as I asked, or given him a call.

Amazing. No wonder their sales are lagging.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    The 2008 A6 was just out, and nobody had a 4.2 that I could test. I decided to test a 3.2 since everything about the car other than the engine was the same, and I liked it. Didn't love it... just liked it.

I had been calling the salesman regularly, waiting for the 4.2 to get in (I'd get the usual 'it should be here any day' response). In other words, any salesman would tag me as 'very interested', and since I was paying cash, I'd imagine I'd also be tagged as 'able to purchase'.

In the mean time, I did a few tests of the 535i and decided that it was the car for me. I ordered, and it should be arriving in NJ 10/22, and be in my eager hands a week later.

The A6 is a great car. I think you'll love the 535 though.
    I've been selling Audi's for almost 3 years.

We've had (1) new 4.2 A6 for dealer stock in the last 9-12 months. How can you sell a product when you can't even drive a car with a customer? Same thing with A8's. 1/2 the time we don't even have one to drive. My personal car is a 4.2 A6, and I wish more people could appreciate how incredible this car is.

You can go to the Lexus, BMW, and MB dealer, and they'll have a 1/2 dozen or so of all their high end cars available for test drives and immediate delivery.

Audi is having record sales everywhere in the world over the last 5 years, and record profits as well. But Audi just doesn't support their high-end cars like other manufactuers...with supply or deals. When you can lease a 7 series BMW for $200/mo less than an A8, it doesn't matter how much follow up your salesperson does and how good they are. Same thing w/ A6 leases.

It's been really tough to sell the A6's last year. $800 a month to lease a 255hp A6 with some nice equiptment? People go straight to the BMW dealer every time and lease a 5 series for $150 mo/ less. It's 950-1000/mo to lease a new 4.2 A6.

We sell a ton of A3's & A4's, and the new Q7 does really well.

It's frustrating at times to deal with high end Audi's. Everybody keeps wanting better and better deals because they bought a car before. Even if you roll out the Donald Trump red carpet and follow up diligently with your customers, it's always tough to keep the high end folks coming back.

The car business in an emotional business. I've followed up with customers for 6 month to a 1 yr at times. And 95% of the time they lose interest and buy something else.

You should always follow up with repeat customers and prospects. But time is money and it's difficult to chase after high end Audi business. Audi ships so few of these cars to the US market that you have to focus on bread and butter business and what people can afford in volume.
    Interesting post.

I'd like to know where I can get a "7 series BMW for $200/mo." or a "5 series for $150/mo. or less".
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Can't tell whether your joking or not, but I believe that the reference was that the BMWs cited could be had for some number of dollars per month LESS than a comparable Audi. Yes, no?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    It's a mixed blessing for Audi.

BMW's have inflated residuals most of the model year. BMW is very dependent on the US market for the 5 and 7 series, and they need to push these cars. They really have become the General Motors of the German car market. Many people are not leasing a BMW because it's the Ultimate Driving Machine. It's more like the "Ultimate Lease Deal"

It's hard to compete lease wise when an A6 has a 47-48% residual and the 5 series is 56-57%. The A6 may be a better overall car, but it's tough to justify spending an extra 125-150/mo for a lot of customers.

You can lease a $80,000 7 series for 1050-1100 mo. It's tough to lease an $80,000 A8 for under 1300/mo. Once again, the A8 might be a better car, but the US market is so "deal" driven, people will lease the 7 series to save a couple hundred bucks a month. Even though the quirky bangle BMW styling and horrid I drive are still major drawbacks to the bimmer.

Audi doesn't really need to sell many A6's and A8's in the US market. Audi is making so much money on these cars in the European and booming Asian/Chinese markets, why send them to the US and have to give them away to compete with BMW lease deals?

There's a reason Audi is having record profits and sales world-wide. Audi is hoping to overtake BMW in profitability by 2010/2011.
    "BMW's have inflated residuals most of the model year."

Ya know..., I've been hearing comments like that for so long that it seems to become some sort of an urban legend. That said, in my experience it doesn't hold true. Why? Well simply put, I've now leased two BMWs, and in both cases they fetched well over the "inflated" residual value when resold. In the case of my 530i, it was CPOed and put on the lot for a whopping $9,500 over what the residual value was, and it fetched over $8,000 more than my residual.

With the above in mind, I keep wondering how folks can constantly claim that the residuals on BMWs are inflated.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    Can't tell whether your joking or not, but I believe that the reference was that the BMWs cited could be had for some number of dollars per month LESS than a comparable Audi. Yes, no?

Sure, I agree with your statement. When someone's (nlaero) trying to make a point using figures, I take it as fact.
    Shipo,

There's a huge difference between wholesale/auction values and what a dealer may sell a car for @ full retail.

I wish I could make $8000 on every deal selling certified cars. You always have a few people that buy high, but the average used car profit is not $8000.

Most car dealers are happy if they can average $2500 - $3500 profit on a used cerified cars. And after 6 + years in the car business, that's just about right from my experience.
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    While not disagreeing with what you've written, I'll remind you of a couple things:

1) I was paying cash, not leasing, so the comparison to BMW's lease rates don't matter.

2) Regarding "it doesn't matter how much follow up your salesperson does and how good they are...": he hasn't called me ONCE.

When you have 'a fish on the line', and you don't call or follow-up even a little, you're not going to get the sale. And you're going to lose the A8 sale to the fish's Dad. :)
  • petchypetchy Member Posts: 1
    hi, just bought a 1995 A6 estate,
    the dash doesnt light up though. i can see the digital miles travelled colunter. but once i put the headlights on it goes off, and i cant see any of the clocks or dials at all in the dark.
    someone said there might be a dimmer switch somewhere- but i cant see anything.

does this problem sound familiar to anyone? you got any advice?

any help would be much appreciated
    thanks.
    There are two Audi, BMW and Mercedes dealers here in Cincinnati. The Audi folks, repeatedly, sell their cars (lease) for $100 to $200 more than their German AND Japanese competitors. It is becoming difficult (especially for my wife) to justify paying over $150 MORE for a non BMW.

And, the man is correct, finding an Audi A6 4.2 IN STOCK to test drive is difficult. BMW's dealers have plenty of stock of all of their models (well, almost.)

Of course, BMW's ONLY come in black or silver, so I guess if you can live with that, you will be happy.

Hopefully, my earlier post rings true, for it WILL be difficult to sell an A6 3.2 against a 535xi when the Bimmer is easily $100 or more per month less than the Audi.

Perhaps Audi is somewhat less than enthusiastic about selling/leasing in the US market.

More's the pity. :confuse:
    I was recently in the UK and an A6 4.2, equipped similar to mine, had an MSRP of $115,000. The same car lists in the US for $60,000. Audi has very little motivation to ship cars to the US. BMW manufactures many of its cars in the US and does not have the same currency exchange issues.
    That's what I said as well before. Audi is making a lot more money on these cars in other places in the world. There's no need to give away cars and try to compete with BMW leases on the high end stuff.

Even though with record sales in the US, that still totals less than 100,000 cars in the entire US market for Audi.

Audi is very competitve on the A4 leases. It's their bread and butter car and the deals are quite good. You can get a Quattro A4 with more options for the same or less money as a 3 series or C class Mercedes.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    to point out that much of the offshore price for various cars is made up of taxes that go directly to the government in question, particularly for upscale vehicles like the Audi. Displacement &/or horsepower (kW) can add 50-100% to the price of a vehicle, when compared to the 900cc version with 82 hp.

Whether Audi (or any of the rest of them) make more money in the process is very much a question in my mind. They probably do, but not at the levels some recent posts imply.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • liferulesliferules Member Posts: 531
    Well, for whatever reason, its unfortunate for those of us who really like the Audi's. I think they just need to invest in building a plant in the US, then the cost to the company to sell in the US could drop. :)

Bottom line, though, is that indeed the discriminant German buyer is often caught between Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. If all else is nearly equal, why would one pay more for an Audi when similar can be found cheaper at a competitor's dealership? I can't fault those who have switched to BMW or Merc... kind of hard to justify staying with an Audi, especially if leasing. And as people have stated, Audi doesn't currently seem too concerned about the US market, thus it doesn't send good vibes to the loyal customers knowing that they don't really fit into the current big scheme...
    . . .perhaps you will see what I saw when I got my first look, up close and personal, at the S5, parked next to an S6.

What I am talking about is the upcoming A4 (a 4 door A5 from what I can tell) -- which, when parked next to a many thousands of dollars more expensive A6, ought to eat into A6 sales, substantially (unless, as I predict the A6's are subvented and / or discounted heavily.)

Use your imagination. . .

The next gen A6, then, ought to be another quantum leap, just to keep things in perspective. Having the new gen A4 in a few months next to the current gen A6, can't possibly help sell A6's, but it ought to mean few deals on A4's -- they just won't have to offer them when the A4 will no longer be CLEARLY MUCH SMALLER than the A6.

:surprise:
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    This ( 2008 Model Year ) is actually when I expected that Audi would introduce a single or twin turbocharged version of the 3.2L ( 3.1L ? ) V6 – to extend \ sustain interest in the A6 until the next complete change.

I was wrong.
    Again.
    - Ray
    Not an automotive marketing expert . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    A6 leases have been bad over the last year or so, but on Audiusa.com, they do have a pretty agressive A6 lease @ 549/mo on nicely equipped $50,000 3.2 Quattro right now.
    I'm thinking its time to co-opt markcincinnati's line...

Often wrong, never uncertain. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    Has anyone ever used BG 44K fule additive or BG MOA oil additive? If so, are they any good? I have heard good things but I am leary about using them on my 05 4.2.
    Save your money, just maintain your car exactly as Audi recommends.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I agree & wouldn't put any additives in. The older your car gets, you might want to do sythentic oil every 5k instead of the regular 10k service intervals.
    Even that will be excessive. I pulled the heads off of one of our cars last summer, a car with nearly 145,000 miles on it and had only had its Mobil 1 changed every ten to twelve thousand miles since it was new. So? Well, believe it or not, the cylinder walls still had the factory honing marks easily visible to the naked eye on all six cylinders. Given that I've torn down many-many engines and never seen an engine lubricated with conventional oil go even 75,000 miles with such a small amount of wear, I was really impressed.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1418/751628521_5567e459ae_o.jpg

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Going back 30 years, I changed the oil in my 240Z every 3K miles (more or less) & at 200K miles decided to tear the engine down because it smoked on startup. Didn't use a lot of oil, but the consumption had gone up.

Well, all I needed was stem seals (if you don't know what they are, it's a relatively simple fix that can be done from the top without tearing the engine down) & I was pleased (& impressed) to see the hone marks in the cylinders after eight times around the world. I still respect Nissan & straight sixes (not in that order) after that.

Bear in mind that oils in the '70's weren't anything near as good as they are now.

Change the oil on a regular schedule & use the best money can buy. Repeat.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
    The motor in the original 240Z was one of the great motors of that era. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • carcrazy37carcrazy37 Member Posts: 12
    try to replace the fuse(s) for the dash lights, etc. Should be very inexpensive ($10!) Not sure if Audi has them all labeled in the owners manual. Don't let the dealer charge you for a new dash if you haven't had someone look at that first. Same was happening on my Saab (when it was 6yo). Otherwise it could be a defective dash illumination switch.
  • carcrazy37carcrazy37 Member Posts: 12
    I'm looking to buy cpo 2006 a6quattro. Local Audi dealer has one listed for 38k with 24kmiles. what are the must-have packages? warnings?I need cpo so I can get 100k mile coverage bec. I do 20k/yr. Looking to keep this thing a long time.
  • lenbrovermanlenbroverman Member Posts: 18
    I finally solved my problem with my 2005 A6. I traded it for a new 2008 Cadillac CTS. Not that I didn't think my A6 wasn't a nice riding car(I had a 1998 A6 before it) but I was tired of Audi's customer service about a problem with my car. My car had an annoying clicking noise that I would hear in the car when the climate control called for heat to the cabin. After having many service techs try to find and fix it with no success I finally wrote to the president of Audi to seek help. I was contacted by his representative who arranged for a field representative to come a listen to the clicking. He diagnosed it as a noise that comes from the heater vent doors that open and close as they distribute heat to the cabin. He said that it could not be corrected and it was a "characteristic" of the car. For most Audi drivers they probably wont hear the noise because for some unexplainable reason it would only happen when the engine was reeving at about 2800 rpms or higher. If you drive in automatic your engine probably shifts to a higher gear before the engine gets to 2800 rpms.,but since I use the manual shift mode(that's why it's there) I typically would run the engine higher than 2800 rpms before I would shift. So since Audi had no solution to this "characteristic" of the car I solved the problem by trading it. By the way my car only had 26,000 miles so it was still relatively new. As I told Audi I wont buy another car from them and I hope the president of Audi car doesn't make the same noise. I love my new Cadillac CTS. Check it out.
    Based on my experience -- which is over 2 dozen Audis deep -- I would say you took a step sideways. I have the 2005 A6 3.2 Q with all options save sport suspension. Your CTS MAY not have the "issues" your A6 had. You did not, however move forward -- indeed, based on the fact that the 2008 CTS with every possible option almost measures up to the 2005 in terms of features and amenities, and due to lease costs, costs more per month. . . .er, I would say you actually moved back a step.

Your reliability issues are not typical. Your opinion is, therefore, NOT representative of anything other than you singular experience. And, by the same token, even though I have had several dozen Audis without the kind of issues you describe, neither is my opinion representative of anything other than my plural experiences.

I really like the new CTS -- a lot. It is about equal to a 2004 Audi A6 2.7T SLine overall, however.

My primary attraction to the CTS WAS and I assume will be, the inevitability of huge off MSRP discounts to compensate for its rapid depreciation and "not quite" German car feel. Secondarily, I want(ed) an American car, I wanted a car that was really as good looking as the new CTS is and I assumed the CTS would be a drop dead bargain (after the first 6 - 9 months on the market.) I had hoped it would be the equivalent of a 2005 A6 3.2 quattro with Premium, Premium Leather, Technology, Convenience, voice command, MMI, back up sensors, etc etc etc, plus sized wheels and tires and all the rest of the German toys money can buy.

Alas it just ain't so.

But if it comes in on a lease with a number beginning with a "low 5" -- I'll overlook its being "state of the art," circa 36 months AGO.

:surprise:
    You posted three times in the A6 forum in 2004. The the next time you post is to tell us that you sold the car. Why did you feel the need to return after three years to let us know that you sold the car? Why did you choose not to use this forum as an asset to diagnose your problem? It is possible that someone else may have experienced the problem and had been able to get it fixed. It is possible that had you posted your problem on this forum that someone would have sent you a TSB on the problem. I don't expect to hear back from you because it is clear that you only returned to this forum to bash the car.
    If you looked at my postings you will indeed see that I made a post (message#862) on 3-18-07in which I did state my problem and ask if anyone had the same problem. I think to date nobody responded. Again, as I stated in my last message that probably not many people drove in the triptonic mode therefore didn't normally reach the rpms that made the noise noticeable. Did I make the post to bash Audi,probably? But after spending many months trying to get Audi to recognize that either my car had a problem or there was a design defect in the heating system of their cars, I was frustrated enough to want to let other people know how Audi handled my problem
    Just to clarify The post about the noise in my A6 was under Audi A6 maintainence and repair 862 on 3-18-07. That seemed to be the appropriate forum for my post.
  • joefrajoefra Member Posts: 1
    I just changed my wheels today to put winter tires on my 2000 Audi A6. I used my parking brake (which I rarely do), but when I finished and went to drive the car, the parking brakes were stuck, even though the hand lever was released and returned to the "off" position. Has anyone had this problem of a sticking parking brake, and can anyone offer any solutions? My car is now sitting stuck in place in my driveway. Thanks.
  • 23jefferson23jefferson Member Posts: 3
    have an 04 Audi A6 s-line. It has low miles, 28k and it's warranty is up. The extended warranty is for 3 yrs or 36k miles, which puts me at 64k. Is this worth $2800 for a car with low miles????
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    $2800 invested at 10% per year is about $3600 in 3 years.

$2800 is only $78 per month for the 3 years; if you like insurance, $78 per month could probably throw another half million in your life insurance policy...not to suggest the odds of collecting on a life policy is equal to the odds of catastrophic repairs on an A6 :)

If I were looking at a used A6 with only 28k miles I wouldn't bother with an extended warranty because I would think with the miles so low it should “last” much longer without serious repairs.

What was your total repair bill last year?

If you need repairs, such as suspension, HID's, transmission, etc. it will be very expensive. Any single item probably wouldn't top $2800 (unless you need to replace the transmission).

Is this warranty a 3rd party, or an Audi extended warranty?

As a co-worker's divorce attorney puts it “...it's only money, how much peace of mind do you want?”
    It's hard to say what my bill was as I was under warranty, although i did have to bring it in for a few minor items, one was the rear window not working properly which i hear is about $800. I brought it in once for the gas gage not working , but was when they looked at it, so I don't think it was replaced and malfunctioned again this weekend for a day. The warranty I was referring to was the Audi warranty.
    I'm in the process of purchasing an Audi Platinum 7 yr/70K warranty. My price quote was nearly over $700 less than yours.

I personally am in favor of it. The Audi A6 is a great car but complex and prone to little glitches that cost a lot to repair. This year alone, I've had over $2500 of warranty-covered repairs to it (defective adaptive light, sun roof stuck open, door creaking, adaptive light again, etc...). I would not take this car out of warranty without an EW. Granted, it will not cover as much as the factory warranty, but is better than going "commando". Yes, on average, one may or may not pay $2500 in repairs during the life of the warranty, but with an Audi, it doesn't take that many repairs to cover it, and the peace of mind is definitely a factor to consider...
    this is helpful, i called audi, they can offer a 6yr/60 mile for 1752, plus $240 for turbo, and $375 for a no deductable. I called a 3rd party, American Mercury. They have a 5 year, 75k mile that starts now, unlike the 6 yr which starts the year of the car. Mercury has that one for $2405, plus $125 no deductable. They say the only thing it doesn't cover is the safety belts, air bags, and speakers.. Strange. Only question is this worth it, probably, will they stay in business? who knows..
    Yeah, tough call. I personally would go with the Audi warranty. I would presume there is less haggling when it is time to pay the service center...
  • auditorauditor Member Posts: 63
    My car is 2 months shy of 3 yrs. old, and I'm itching to enhance the sound. Any recommedations about a cat-back w/b appreciated.