Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I think I hope not. Or should I think I hope so? :-)
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,936
    The price on the Millenia listed for $19682 stickered at $28500, i.e. base Millenia P without any options. I have had two Millenias with the Bose stereo, and while I really enjoyed them, from what I've read (I have not heard it myself), the standard stereo is quite good. So..I saw a Millenia P equipped just as I might consider, self dimming review mirror and compass ($150), and cargo net ($30?), and you have a very complete and desirable car. I've had a black with beige and twilight mica blue with beige combination. I tend to like the silver with gray interior this time, but haven't seen any. I have seen several with silver with beige interior, but it looks a bit blah to me. Anyhow, and I know am long winded, I think the Millenia is a strong BUY, and quite undervalued.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• nvedraninvedrani Member Posts: 58
    If you knew the proper terminology for "HLA" then why did you ask?? Just a thought....Nate
  • tomekktomekk Member Posts: 310
    I didn't know it, I've seen it on the web site you gave me the link to. It was on your fingertips all that time... :-)

Tomek
    I've removed a 2 inch piece of some kind of insulation tape from the right center vent - that didn't stop the ticking noise.

So I scheduled a service visit to fix it tomorrow. The service advisor - only when pressed - agreed to give me a free loaner (from Enterprise, Mazda will cover it) because we treat this visit as "warranty work", for which Mazda has "Service Transporation Solution" (the free loaner).

Tomek
  • speed33speed33 Member Posts: 17
    I recently saw an ad for 1999 Millenia S 9.000 miles for 12.999. It seemed too cheap to be true, so I took my wife to the dealer and it was there waiting to be bought. The car looks super clean and still has that new car smell, but I ma a bit hesitant. The price is way tooooo low. What gives????? Should I go for it???? Is there a trick that I am not aware of??? ( I do not trust dealers at all - bad experiences from the past). Please advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hm, according to KBB (www.kbb.com) and Edmunds used car values it should sell for $17-$18K (trade-in value is over $14K).
    I'd run VIN through Carfax or something like that to make sure it hasn't been totaled before (salvage?).
    I've also read reports that cars recovered from garages under WTC are showing up at used car dealers. I'm not sure about that new car smell...
    Good luck, do your research well!
    Tomek
  • billyperksbillyperks Member Posts: 449
    Quick question for you guys.

Do you think there is going to be a blow out sale on the Millenias when the Mazda 6 arrives?

Guess what? Mazda gave me two free tickets for the New York car show,who said Mazda was cheap:).
  • fwatsonfwatson Member Posts: 639
    I think it is going on right now. $4000 to $5000 under invoice seems to fit that description. My brother in law is a car dealer, and he was amazed at mine being bought at that price.
  • kngmke1kngmke1 Member Posts: 14
    I have a 2000S ME with 12,000 on it & just noticed this yesterday. I seem to remember reading the cause/ effect in this forum. Any one remember? I didn't want to have to back through all the posts to find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • obioha1obioha1 Member Posts: 27
    I was just wondering what you guys thought was the best color for the millenia either 99-00 or 01-02. I have a 99 s with the white/sandstone exterior and chrome wheels and it is absolutely beautiful but I am in the market to get a new car (a millenia of course) and I saw a '01 with the black/silver exterior and it was definitely an eye catcher. It had more of a dramatic affect than the white/sandstone which screems elegance and luxury. My only knock of the black/silver would be the fact that the leather is gray which in my opinion looks dull. Black leather would've been gorgeous with the exterior color scheme. But as it stands I am torn between these two colors. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Any color would be with the chrome wheels.
  • billyperksbillyperks Member Posts: 449
    No second thought on this- go for the pearl white this is definately the best color in the Millenia line up (IMHO).Only negative here is the body repair if you have an accident,a tiny scracth can cost you a fortune.
    I also like the Pearl White Mica. But my wife hates white cars, and only sees it as white.

I bought the Platinum Silver, with gray interior, which is beautiful. I also saw it with tan interior, which to me is a complete mismatch, and I don't even see that combination on the color chart. Silver is the most popular of all car colors right now, for a good reason. It looks great, and hardly even shows dust on it. According to a friends son who works at a car wash, it is the easiest color to make look good.

Happy car hunting.
  • nvedraninvedrani Member Posts: 58
    I have the same Millenia but with 17k on it, I also see small amounts of whitish smoke upon start and then some...I believe (not sure) it is due to a small amount of oil drip from the supercharger seals??....Hopefully someone who knows the exact cause will post the proper answer....where are you located kngmke??
  • phild_masonphild_mason Member Posts: 99
    Are there some good places to get parts and accesories on the web? I just want simple stuff like filters and basic accessories.

BTW - I am buying an 01 Millenia P. 11k miles super clean. Great value versus the Camry or Accord.
  • stbissstbiss Member Posts: 10
    try mazdastuff.com...ordered some mudguards for my Millenia for $65...local dealer wanted $95...very prompt delivery and easy ordering
  • kw1964kw1964 Member Posts: 7
    After a great deal of shopping around for a new car, I reached the conclusion that nothing can touch the '02 Millenia with regard to value. I drove home a new one yesterday. It is a Millenia P, with the four seasons package, purchased for $21,716. MSRP was $29,125, invoice was $26,960. With pricing like that, expected depreciation isnt such a scary thing.
    Congratulations on your new Millenia. Mine is getting close to 5000 troublefree miles now. Best car I've ever had. I really can't understand some peoples put down of it, but it makes no difference for those of us who know how good they are.

And like you say, who cares about the depreciation with the prices we paid for ours. You'll also be able to find it in the parking lot next time you go to the mall. It will be the one that stands out from all the Camcords and Taurus'.
  • cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    I've been kicking around alternatives as the lease on my Mitsubishi Galant expires in Nov. 2002. Looking at the near luxury area including the new Infiniti G35, Volvo S60 and even the Mazda 6.

I've always thought the Milennia was a nice car but never pulled the trigger. After reading the very favorable comments from many owners on this board I think I have to seriously look at this car when my lease is up this fall. I imagine as desirable as the deals are now they could well be even better then. Has anyone seen the Special Edition. It's black with a black and ivory interior and sounds like it may be a real looker.

Depreciation has to be basically irrelevant (unless I decide to lease) since the car is being sold 7-8k below sticker. By next fall maybe even 9-10k.

I'm psyched on two fronts. This appears to be a great car with great reliability, styling and equipment and buyng a new $29,000 car for $21,000 or their abouts has to be awesome.
    I just purchased a used 2001 Millenia. I have been investigating the features and it would appear that my fog light switch is faulty.

I had the lights on and when I press the fog light switch the lights come on but go off when I release the button. So they do not stay on.

Can anyone shed light on this?

thanks
    Thanks for the site. I ordered some flaps and oil filters. Seem to have a pretty good e-commerce system.
  • otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Do you mind sharing your purchase info?
    Mileage/price/trim/color,etc..
    Millenia P Sand Mica, no extra options.
    11,400 miles built 4/01

Price...Hard to quantify. I traded a 99 Accord EXVL Cpe with 41k + $5k.

Edmunds trade on the Accord around $13.7

I feel ok about it, maybe could have done slightly better.

I am in KS and there is not a huge supply of this type of car here.
    "by phild_mason Mar 11, 2002 (07:39 am)
    I just purchased a used 2001 Millenia. I have been investigating the features and it would appear that my fog light switch is faulty.
    I had the lights on and when I press the fog light switch the lights come on but go off when I release the button. So they do not stay on.
    Can anyone shed light on this?
    thanks"

Just turn it to the on position. The fogs only come on with low beams, not alone. If you leave the switch on they will come on with low beams, and off with high. If you turn the switch off, they will of course not work at all. They don't shine brightly out front, so you won't notice them from the drivers seat unless you turn them off and back on when it is dark and look down at the front corner, or walk around front and see how cool they look.

I leave my switch on all the time, because I like the way they look with the low beams.
    Does the switch toggle and stay down or does it bounce back? I checked this last night in my garage. I had the lights on, pushed the button, they came on and then went off when I released it. So does the switch stay depressed or bounce back up with each press, off/on...

thanks
    Whether you turn it on or off, it always comes back up to a neutral position. It does not stay down. And if you do this with the door open and the engine off, you will hear a rather quiet relay click under the hood.
    There is a timer on the headlights that automatically shuts them off after only a very brief time unless the car is running.
    So it sounds like something is not sticking on mine.
    I'm not sure about that, but the setup threw me a little at first until I figured out exactly what it was doing. I still occasionally turn it off and on at night when I am stopped for something just to be sure the lights are on.
  • mcrane1mcrane1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm also looking to purchase an '02 Millenia "P".

KW1964 where did u purchase your vehicle?
    Would luv to go to your dealer and buy at same price as you.

Is it true that you can get 1.9% financing on '02 Millenia plus the $5,000 off of dealer invoice?
    Please give me assistance w/ my purchase.
  • mackman1mackman1 Member Posts: 6
    Cayennered1 you seem to think that Mazda will increase its incentive on the '02 Millenia to 9-10K off of sticker. Just curious what you are basing this on.

Its hard for me to believe that a brand new '02 Millenia "P" will be selling at about $19K in a few months.
    Does anyone have an opinion on this matter or perhaps some reliable info about how steep Mazda's discount will be towards the fall.

Please be kind to share any thoughts on this matter.
  • kw1964kw1964 Member Posts: 7
    Mcrane1, I purchased my Millenia at Covington Pike Mazda in Memphis, TN. I didn't try to combine Mazda's low financing with the rebate offer, as I already had low interest financing available to me. I'm not sure if that would fly or not. It might. I did find this dealer eager to sell. I started with the Mazda S plan price for the car. This plan is available to employees of lots of companies that buy fleet cars from from Mazda, Ford or any of their other subsidiaries, but only knocked the price down to about two hundred dollars under invoice. From there, after rebates etc. they offered to sell it to me for 23,200. I politely declined, and they called back two days later with a price of 21, 716. I drove to the dealership, haggled for about an hour over my trade in, then left quite happy in my Millenia. The only thing that I got that you might not be able to get is the S plan pricing. In any event, start negotiating 5 grand under invoice, research here or carsdirect or carpoint to find out what the invoice price is. Be undecided as to if you will trade or not. Negotiate the price of the new car before negotiating anything else. Be polite, patient, but firm about expecting a great deal. If you find a dealer with lots of Millenias on the lot, thats a big help too! Good Luck!
  • scarter7719scarter7719 Member Posts: 89
    Hello fellow Mazda owners! I would like to get your thoughts on the Millenia. Any input is greatly appreciated. A friend of mine is looking for a late-model luxury sedan and I'm trying to draw him into the Mazda fold. He spends a lot of time on the road, so he's looking for comfort and ride, but for a reasonable price. He also has two little kids to put in the back seat occasionally. Doesn't want to buy new. BTW, how far does the current body style go back?

SC
    Millenia has had the same body since '95 model, the first year for it. The present front and rear styling are '01 and '02 only. Before that the grill was more upright, and the tail-lights have varied somewhat over the years.

Also the body sills were beefed up in '01, which added rigidity to the body. Less flex.
  • milleniaman1milleniaman1 Member Posts: 110
    I took a trip from Atlanta to Florida last week. The Millenia was a great car for my 7 hour roadtrip. The seats were comfortable the entire time. Gas mileage on my trip was 24mpg. This week I'm driving a Toyota Avalon...getting my bumper replaced from when I got rear-ended way back in december. I'm not crazy about the Avalon...it has a decent amount of power...but it feels like your in a huge boat. Can't to be back in my Millenia.
    I hope you didn't get caught in that I-4 traffic jam through Orlando Saturday. Unbelievable.

Even in the start/stop traffic, actually more of a parking lot, that lasted 50 miles, I still managed over 20MPH. I normally get about 27 highway, with an overall average of over 22.
  • mparthasaratmparthasarat Member Posts: 6
    Do I have to use premium on the millenia S or can I get by with regular. My 95 S gives only 19 mpg on premium fuel so the 25 percent savings with regular gas would be welcome.
    According to the owners manual, 93 or higher octane is REQUIRED on the S model.
    i was wondering if it were possible to add a waranty to a car already in your possesion. I wanted to add a warranty to my mill s in case i don't get a new s because the warranty is up in november. If this is possible where are good places to go? Will the dealership offer a warranty or stay away from them?
    I was wondering if it was an S or P that you got for 21,716? And what is the Mazda S plan pricing?
    I'm sorry for writing 3 messages instead of one long message but that's how the thoughts come. Anyways what is the millenia special addition? I saw on edmunds that it is black millenia with a chrome grill and black/ivory leather with titanium accents inside. Sounds cool but I have yet to see it. It lists for $600 more than a regular S. I was wondering if anyone has seen it and what do they think and if there are any links to see it.
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    I saw it...nothing super special but the interior does have touch more class.
    Go here:

http://www.mazdausa.com/millenia/

And click on the Special Edition link next to the Quick Facts.

mparthasarat,

it's a supercharged, high compression engine - premium required, otherwise you'll kill it with knock.

Tomek
  • speed33speed33 Member Posts: 17
    What is Mazda going to be replaced with????? Is it true that 626 V6 and Millenia P has the same engine??? If this is true why would one prefer a Millenia over 626, the second beign cheaper and roughly the same size?
    Last week I had noise in climate control fan - they replaced the bearing assembly. I also got an oil change for $19.99 + tax, free car wash (they did it for me) and free loaner - if anybody is in for warranty repairs, Mazda covers that. Cool, I was going to get that oil change anyway...
    The service advisor wanted to know if I was totally satisfied and when I said yes, he asked to give them all 10s on customer satisfaction survey that Mazda will be sending my way. Ah, the wonders of motivation...

Tomek
    Speed33,

I think
    - Millenia will be replaced in 2003 by RX8
    - 626 will be replaced in 2003 by Mazda 6 (they got realy creative here)

And yes, Millenia P has the same engine as V6 626. And no, I - personally - didn't prefer 626. It is smaller, much narrower, completely different interior, different vehicle class. So I got Millenia S for 26K in July '01.

Tomek
    While they are totally different platforms, they do share the 2.5 V-6, but Millenia does not use the I-4.

To answer your "why" question, I will use another "why" question. Why would anyone prefer an ES300 to a Camry, or an I35 to a Maxima. Primarily it is the luxury factor, plus you can steal the Millenia right now if you have any bargaining ability at all.

The Millenia also has a better frequency of repair record than a 626.
  • phatpatphatpat Member Posts: 22
    My keyless entry has stopped working. Does this just require a new battery and where and what kind do I need? The reason I'm asking is because in the manual it says to pop off the back of it and replace but on mine it doesn't appear to easily be removed and replaced. It also doesn't specify what type of battery to use. Any help would be appreciated.
  • csuftitanscsuftitans Member Posts: 215
    Open it and see what kinds of battery it's using; either way you need to open it to replace the battery. I bet it's using the 2032 battery; which is fairly easy to find.