Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• chexichexi Member Posts: 13
    Edmunds has test driven the Millenia 2001... Bottom line is buy a different car. Edmunds may have a point when you look at the retail price. You can get more car for $32-$36k. The only problem with this analysis is that no one pays $30k for a millenia. I got my brand new 2000 Millenia S (M edition in Silver Highlight Metallic) for just under 25k. Sure I can get more car if want to pay 20%-40% more (once you add all the options that set those cars apart), but is it really worth it? With the Millenia you get a very comfortable car, without all the bells and whistles of a True luxury car, but more than your standard sedan. You get a car that hardly anyone else has. And if you bother to look, you get a car with very low insurance rates. At $25k there isn't a better deal out there. Now, I don't know what you will be able to get a 2001 for if you got out today... but try in about 9 months and you'll be smiling like I am. :)

(Note though, I prefer the vertical lincolnesque grill!!!)
    Chexi
  • pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    to Edmund's First Drive of the 2001 Mazda Millenia by Liz Kim. What do you think?

Hi chexi- Good points..., especially when comparing price. Happy motoring. ;-)

Pocahontas,
    Edmunds.com/Roving Host
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    Edmunds dumps on many nice cars.
    Ecaf,

If I had the money, I'd buy the roadster too! It's hella sweet. I'll think I'll testdrive one this weekend just for fun while the weather still permits.

Chexi
  • crystalclear4ucrystalclear4u Member Posts: 7
    MCON - Thanks for your reply. Good thing you caught all those debris in the intake. But,I'm wondering why the air filter didn't catch it first. I hope the same happens with my car.

ACABRAL1 - How much did you pay for the kit?
    And, where did you buy it from? I'm very excited about my 96 Millenium because of the projector beam headlights. I think HID are perfect for them.
  • acabral1acabral1 Member Posts: 122
    crystalclear4u - I got my HID kit at Hidlights.com - kit cost me $850.00 - My Millenia is featured on this website, check it out if you already haven't.

Regards,
  • ecafecaf Member Posts: 44
    crystalclear4u,

HID headlamps are perfect for these Millenias with the projector beam lenses. They do a very good job of controling glare to oncoming traffic. This is important since the car lacks an automatic load leveling device for the headlamps. I'm very happy with the price ($600), quality (Philips components, D2S bulb) and customer service from

http://www.phoenixhid.com

acabral1 has a more recent (reflector-lensed) Millenia. He seems to be pretty satisfied with his kit. It's a kit with Aromat or Matsushida (sic?) components with a D2R bulb. He got it at

http://www.hidlights.com

Also try

http://www.autolamps-online.com

Installation took minutes! It took more time to find a suitable location for the ballasts in a crowded engine compartment. That Miller motor is a real space hog.

I strong urge anyone interested in lighting to check out the Philips automotive lighting forum at

http://www.lighting.philips.com/forum/forum_6/wwwforum.cgi
    Well, I tested the car today. We didn't have time to do all the runs, but I got the 0-60. The 0-60 time came in a 8.01 seconds, but... there were 3 adults in the car at the time. I am quite sure that with only the driver, the car can break into the 7's. I'll be taking it to the track pretty soon and rerun with only the driver. I'll also run the quartermile and post that as well.

Chexi
    "acabral1 has a more recent (reflector-lensed)
    Millenia. He seems to be pretty satisfied with his
    kit. It's a kit with Aromat or Matsushida (sic?)
    components with a D2R bulb. He got it at http://www.hidlights.com/ " said Ecaf.

Crystalclear4u - Ecaf, lost me there - but anyways to briefly restate, my kit is a complete Philips component utilizing its Ballast and D2S Xenon bulbs - My kit cost me $850, I have heard rumors that a lot of these younger kids are running around orchestrating a group-buy through other HID Conversion Kit distributers, and managed to secure their kits at the $600 price range, which is excellent, if you have the patience to wait for other people to muster up the cash.

But anyways, if you get the kit, it should perform well regardless of the fact that you have projector type headlights, I have the reflector type and mine works great! Don't be to, to concerned with glare caused by not have a auto-leveling device, not many OEM equipped cars have this device standardized yet either for thier HID's.

FYI - Thus, far I have not had any complaints from oncoming traffic while driving at night, I simply leveled my headlights evenly after installation and that was that! No motorist complaints, and now I can see a lot better at night!

Regards,
    What Edmunds printed about the 2001 Millenia is typical of what all car enthusiates say!

"The car is great, but if I had is say in its development, I would have done this and that to it" - Always trying to make a good thing better!

That's the beauty of it!

Regards,
    Actually, most if not all of today's OEM HID applications use some type of automatic leveling device for the headlamps. Some are dynamic (on the fly), others are not. E-code compliance makes this equipment mandatory in Europe. Auto makers retain this feature for the DOT cars. Only very few early OEM HID applications were imported without this feature; the first HID-equipped Porsche comes to mind.
    Exactly, most of the Asian, Euro automobiles have the autoleveling device on OEM HID headlights as a result of many of them already widley standardizing the use of HID lighting technology -

Here in the US, only a small percentage are currently utilizing autoleveling, i.e LS400/430 and other expensive vehicles,. I am willing to bet that most vehicles equipted with OEM HID's will have autoleveling as a standardized feature by 2002/03 - but as of the year 2000 only a percentage of US cars are utilizing the device.
  • nicijnicij Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone attempted to replace the spark plugs in the Miller engine? Is there a cover that needs to be removed to provide access to the plugs? Any guidance would be appreciated.
    I think they are just regular bulbs filled with Xenon gas, which is not the same as the real HID lights. These are simply producing some blue light that is not necessarily any brighter than regular bulbs, plus the blue light is the worst for road illumination as it scatters the most, and it creates more glare for oncoming drivers. Plus everyone can tell that you don't have real HIDs, just a cheap imitation.
    Real HIDs cost up to $2,000 and require special wiring and ballasts and in most cases leveling mechanisms.
    Let's have a look at Hiper's ad copy and break it down. My comments are the capitalized notes in parenthesis. Note the typing errors, indicated with SIC (Spelling Incorrect) notes.

You are bidding on a pair (2 bulbs) of Plazma Xenon

Want to drive like those BMW's eye catching HID head light (SIC)? Here is your chance to own a pair or (SIC) two Xenon Bulbs. Hiper Industries made (SIC) highest quality of Xenon bulbs in the market, no wiring will burn or melt.

(WRONG. OEM WIRING IS NOT MADE TO HANDLE ANY MORE THAN THE STOCK 55/65 WATT DRAW. IN THE ODD CHANCE THAT YOUR WIRING WON'T MELT, THE POLYCARBONATE LENSES WILL. FURTHERMORE, THESE BULBS TYPICALLY ARE NOT MANUFACTURED WITH HIGH OEM TOLERANCES AND THUS BLOW AFTER A FEW HOURS OF OPERATION. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I WOULDN'T WANT EXPLOSIVES IN MY LAMPS. IN THE PHILIPS FORUM ARCHIVES, READ ABOUT HOW THESE AND SIMILAR BULBS DESTROYED AN NSX'S WIRING TO THE TUNE OF $500.)

It produce (SIC) 80w/100w current draw and project (SIC) 100w/130w of power on the road, you (SIC) got to see your self (SIC) for (SIC) this (SIC) bulbs in your head lamps(SIC).

It perform (SIC) 25%+ brighter, 25%+ wider and 25%+ longer,

(WRONG. WHAT YOU SEE BEYOND AND TO THE SIDE IS DICTATED BY THE OPTICAL BEAM PATTERN OF YOUR LAMPS, NOT LIGHT OUTPUT.)

you will see the difference in the dark night.

(MOST NIGHTS ARE DARK, RIGHT? THERE IS A POSSIBLE EXCEPTION FOR THE ARTIC REGION DURING CERTAIN PARTS OF THE YEAR, I GUESS.)

For those people always travel on the high way (SIC) or people live in the country side, you will love this product.

(MAYBE WE'RE GETTING A LITTLE PRESUMPTUOUS HERE. ANY COATING ON THE BULB WILL NEGATIVELY AFFECT THE TOTAL LIGHT OUTPUT. IN THIS CASE, THE COATING IS SO DARK AND HEAVY THAT THE ADDITIONAL OUTPUT FROM THE HIGHER WATTAGE IS NEGATED. ASK HIPER FOR THE LUMEN RATINGS FOR THEIR BULBS. YOU'LL FIND THAT THE STOCK BULBS ARE RATED HIGHER!)

Hiper Industries present (SIC) highest Xenon light performance, still have the Halogen bulbs in your headlamps? Upgrade it now, no more Yellowish light like most car (SIC) have, dress up your car with HID looks.

(YES, THEY ARE WHITER/BLUER THAN STOCK, BUT THEY LOOK NOTHING LIKE GENUINE HID.)

Starting bid are (SIC) $19.99, retail value are $70-$80 +

Folks, this ad speaks for itself. C'mon, these guys can't even write! Buyer beware.
  • marak88marak88 Member Posts: 57
    Thanks ruski and ecaf, that was my feeling about that add any way, I just wanted to make sure I was not the only one, as a matter of fact I sent that seller a question about if these light are street legal, but in his reply email answer was that he wanted me to ask the local authority, I knew right away that they are not street legal, because the law should not differ about these lights, its either they are legal or not and its not going to vary from one state to an other.

thanks for your inputs.
    I'd be willing to bet that the laws do differ from state to state. That doesn't mean I'd buy them from ebay. Window tinting varies from state to state. 1 or 2 license plates vary from state to state. I'd be surprised if HID rules didn't vary also.
  • toddster1toddster1 Member Posts: 18
    This was a brief topic way back around #81. I suspected the rattle was the rear window brake light. It was. The light fixture snaps off pretty easily, just push in and up with your thumbs about 1" in from each corner. I placed a couple of extra strips of weather stripping on the base of the fixture and it seems to have stopped the rattle. It has been rattle free for a couple of weeks now. Woo Hoo.
  • jfb7jfb7 Member Posts: 11
    First of all, let me say that I love this site! There seems to be such a loyal following among Millenia owners, as well as a lot of people who know cars! So, I come to you all for advice! Like so many of you, I have lost my heart to the Millenia S! I also agree that there isn't a better deal to be found in the "near-luxury" class - especially the S w/ 4 seasons pkg. and those gorgeous chrome wheels! I want to be as informed as possible before I throw myself at the mercy of my local Mazda dealer! So, here are my questions / concerns:
    1. The local dealer actually has 3 '99 S leftovers! - totally loaded and discounted to $25K. While that really sounds tempting, I read that one Town Hall contributor paid $25K for a "00 Millenium Edition!! What does anyone out there think about the issue of trying to get the '99 for around $22.5K vs. waiting a couple of more months for the possibility of getting the newer model for approx. the same price? From what I've read, the cars are virtually identical and the '99 should be covered for the original warranty period commencing from the date of delivery, right?
    2. Have read conflicting reports about the trans. I test drove a '98 S that was heaven! However, I didn't get to take it out on the highway - only got it to about 45. I get the impression that the trans. sometimes shifts harshly/abruptly. Is that during hard-driving only? Otherwise, is the trans. reliable and trouble-free?
    3. What about the steering? I'm mainly concerned how it tracks on the highway at speeds around 65 -70? It would be a major turn-off to discover that the S requires a lot of effort to keep it where you point it. If the complaints are mainly confined to high speed cornering, that's of far less a concern to me.
    4. Reading about many of your dealings with the Mazda service technicians, I guess it's safe to say that it's a good thing that the cars are so reliable! Has anyone had GOOD experiences with the "friends" at your Mazda service dept.?!
    5. Thanks for any help you can give me! And remember, for any of you who live in the Bergen County, NJ area - if you see a black S coming towards you being driven by a guy with a big smile on his face - HONK!!! It'll probably be me!!
    Thanks, again, and let me know why you love YOUR Millenia S!
  • juliziojulizio Member Posts: 18
    my dealer is trying to get me to take his millenia edition for 25000$. i'm still on the fence about it. i may try to have him throw in the spoiler to help me decide. i also had another dealer offer me a millenia edition for 24650$. it was a exec demo with 3900 miles on it. good luck with your purchase.
  • csuftitanscsuftitans Member Posts: 215
    jfb7, I'm glad that you have the same feeling about Millenia S as most of us here. It's definitely a good buy at $25K range, heck I paid $30 OTD in January and didn't regeret it a bit. I'm very pleased with my 2000 Millenia S so far, 16000 miles driven so far. About your question,
    #1, I would get the '99 leftover if it's more than $22K. For 2000 model, I know several dealers in Los Angeles ares are advertising the car at $25500 either Millenium ed or regular S, so you shouldn't have to pay more than that (They will sell you the car at that price, they're desperate to get rid of it for the 2001 model). The 2001 model actually have several new features, eq New Front and Rear re-design, New instrumentation (Optitron, which loos like Lexus's gauges), 35 percent increase in torsional rigidity, power lumbar adjusters in the seat and steering wheel-mounted audio control (got this info from Edmunds review and Automotive news mag). My only concern about the 2001 is the overall design, I just hope it loks better in real life than in photos. Other than that, I would wait for the 2001, which going to cost you around invoice price when it comes out.
    #2, the only thing I would say about the auto-trans is that you have to learn how to drive with millenia's trans. when you're used to it, then you'll figure out how to ride it. Not the best trans out there, but it works fine for me.
    #3, I drive 70-80mph whenever possible on LA freeways, I don't encounter any problem at all with the steering. It's light and direct. Even at higher speed, like 130mph, it's still very much controllable and stable.
    #4, Mazda's service guys is definitely not in lexus/bmw's class, some of them are very ignorant and not knowledgeable, but I don't have much problem with my service advisor at Puente Hills Mazda and Santa Monica Mazda.
    #5, if any of you see a black\grey Millenis S on LA freeway going in and out of traffic like crazy, that's me. Zoom, Zoom.

Cheers
  • jfb7jfb7 Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for taking the time to answer all of my questions! I went to my local Mazda dealer yesterday to see what S models they had in stock ( they were the ones who had the leftover 99's) and, HORRORS!!!, it looks like they're out of business! There were a few cars there, but the showroom was DARK! I was shocked - I had just spoken with a salesman on Tuesday! I may have to concentrate on getting a '00 leftover and pay a couple more K. Maybe that's not so bad though, I hear they tweaked the steering a little bit! I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again! Zoom, Zoom back at ya! - John (jfb7)
  • mazda1mike2mazda1mike2 Member Posts: 11
    I love my 1995 Mazda 626, but it's time for her to go, 112,000 miles! The 626 has treated me very well, and I hate to put her out to pasture. I am moving up a class and will give the Mazda Millenia, the first shot at my wallet! What do you folks think? A 2000 Millenia S left-over or a 2001 model? Please, the pro's and con's as you, see them.
  • milleniabasemilleniabase Member Posts: 11
    Call me stupid but for the hell of it i went ahead and ordered a pair of HIPER xenon lights from that ebay auctioneer. They arrived fast in in the brand new packaging. The specs are : 9006 lamps for low beam, 12v 81w, supposedly 100w output. Installing them was a snap as soon as i figured out how that little gadget in millenia's headlight worked(metal holder). Bulbs draw 81w as opposed to 51w for the stock ones but i have not noticed any problems(other lights don't get any dimmer). I must say i am very pleased with the output. They produce white-bluish light which makes you headlights look a lot clearer(no yellow tint). Drove yesterday for an hour and a half and today for about half hour with the lights on. So far nothing melted and wiring seems to handle the bulbs. The only problem is that the sidemarker lamps now look very yellow sitting next to these. Done a little research, you can also get 9005 bulbs which will replace your high beams. The best company that makes these kind of bulbs (9006,9005 and H4(fog lights)) is PIAA www.piaa.com. Pair of PIAA's 9006 on ebay goes for around $50. HIPER are much cheaper, but shop around you can get 9006's for $18 + 3.20 S/H on ebay. Then there are POLARG don't know much about those. There are also a lot of no-name bulbs on ebay, but i would not risking buying those. Overall HIPER bulbs made my headlight's look a lot better without having to spend $650-$900 for HID system.
  • milleniaman1milleniaman1 Member Posts: 110
    I have a 99 base Millenia with the premium package...which is basically identical to the 2000 base. Before the Millenia, I had a 94 626. You could probably get a good deal on a 2000 leftover, but if you plan on keeping it for a while it might be worth it to the 2001 model. The 2001 has a lot of stuff that was missing before...like side airbags, radio controls on the steering wheel, 4 cup holders, etc etc...I'm thinking about getting a 2002 Millenia S when my lease runs out or I might go for the new Mercedes C-Class. You just need to weigh out the improvements...if it is worth it to you go for the 2001...personally I still prefer the exterior of the 2000 model. Good luck!
    If I'm in the market for a Millenia right now, I would wait and see how the 2001 would look in real life. The pictures on Edmund's review and Mazda's sites kinda grow on me; except for the two-tone exterior color. The fact that it has 35% better torsional rigidity, new Optitron instrumentation and digital odometer which replaces the outdated analog odo, and two-tone interior and steering wheel makes me want it more. I might even try to have someone to replace the instrumentation on my 2000 with the optitron; if it's possible at all; darn. The price for 2001 would be more though, probably around $3000 OTD, but I think it's worth the extra money.

milleniabase $ Everyone else, about the PIAA 9006 super white bulb, it DOESN"T FIT in Millenia's Headlights; the bulb is too long. I wasted my $60 on it. It did try it on without the lock, and it looks about 25%-30% brighter than the original bulb.
    This forum appears to have attracted many more enthusiates since my brief absence - excellent topics and advice circulating throughout the forum!
    Also consider visiting http://xenonlamps.com/ if you are interested in a conversion kit for your Millenia. Installation on a Millenia will not require any permanent modifications - besides the drilling of two holes behind each of the lightbulb dust-covers. If any of the mentioned websites, state that you will require modifications other than I mentioned, explain to them, that you know first hand that it isn't necessary. I will be posting installation photos of my conversion kit buy the end of the week or beginning of next week at the latest.

Regards,

Regards,
  • mazda1mike2mazda1mike2 Member Posts: 11
    Milleniamen:
    Sir, thank you for your opinions on the 2000 vs. 2001 Millenia. I think, I need to spend a couple of more weeks doing some research. I will lurk here to keep up with the latest thoughts and opinions. Thanks again.
    Vp123:
    Congrats. on the new 2000 Millenia S! I also like the sand mica color. You need to get a nice coat of wax on that baby, before the infamous Canadian winter kicks in! Please update us on the gas mileage as your new S breaks in.
    FYI, I've consistently getting 19.5mpg on my 2000 Millenia S, I think this is because of the way I drive. When my wife drives the car, it's getting close to 21mpg.

VP123, Congrats on your beautiful new Millenia S.

acabral1, good to see you back here.

Cheers
  • milleniabasemilleniabase Member Posts: 11
    Was wondering if i could do it myself or would have to take the car to the mechanic.
  • lf1000002lf1000002 Member Posts: 2
    Last week I bought a brand new 2000 Mazda
    Millenia. I noticed that when I look in my rear
    view mirror, the objects (cars, etc.) look
    distorted. At first I thought that the distortion
    was caused by the mirror, however my husband and I
    determined that it was actually caused by the rear
    window. When I drive the car, I feel like I am
    wearing prescription glasses that are wrong for me,
    and it makes me feel dizzy. I took the car back to
    the dealer and he said that the glass itself is
    fine and that the distortion was due to the way the
    glass was shaped and angled and that all Millenias
    are made that way. I think that there should not
    be any distortion for any reason. Has anybody
    noticed a similar problem?
  • mantagmantag Member Posts: 47
    i have a 95 s. no rear window distortion. i don't know what bull that dealer is telling you, but i would check with the manager of the dealership and/or go to another dealer. what a bunch of crap that salesperson is saying!!
    go to a different mazda dealership and compare you window with one on another millenia. I have not problems with the rear window on my 99 millenia, my parents had no problems with the one on their old 95 millenia.

good luck
  • rysakrysak Member Posts: 7
    Hello every one!
    Thanks for responding to my prior question regarding Millenia's stereo system. I brought the car to local audio shop and they installed me my 200 watts amps along with a subwoofer. Everything sounds awesome now. I love the car a lot but the thing, which upsets me, is its gas mileage. I get about 18 mile per gallon in town/highway combination. I don't race the car at all. I'd love to have it as it's promissed-20 in town and 28 highway. Does any body have the same problem? And what are my chances to have this fixed at the dealership? I put about 2000 miles on it, so I assume that "break-in" period is over and its gas mileage should be higher than I have.
    Best regards
  • jloweryjlowery Member Posts: 8
    My Mazda Millenia S was originally equipped with Dunlop SP Sport 4000 A/S tires; P215/50R17 90V M+S. How long should I expect these to last with mostly stop/go driving? What is the best tire to replace them with? - I would want a good performance tire that handles good in rain and some snow (only get about 5 inches of snow a year). Thanks.
  • saxon22saxon22 Member Posts: 6
    I have very difficult time deciding between the two. It is that old dilemma style over perfomance.
    Should I go for Maxima and have 222hp but butt ugly or ugly butt car or should I go for the Millenia with 170hp and enjoy the interior and over all xcellent fit and finish?????? HELP
  • jloweryjlowery Member Posts: 8
    What tire should you get for the best ride (not rough) and handles rain/snow on the Mazda Millenia S?
    Saxon22,

If you want the power of the Maxima with some of styling elements of the Millenia, check out the Maxima-based, 227-hp Infiniti I30.

http://www.infiniti-usa.com/docs/fr_i30.html

Unfortunately, it costs as much as the 210-hp Millenia S. And, though the I30 looks much better than the Maxima, the Millenia still has the better [non-permissible content removed].

http://www.millenia.mazda.co.jp/

If you save a little more, the Infiniti I30 may be the best compromise between the Millenia and the Maxima. If you want something slightly less sporty and more cushy, check out the Mitsu Diamate LS or the "controversially styled" Toyota Avalon.

My trusty and very reliable 1995 Millenia S has over 108,000 miles and it still gets complements!

Good Luck!
    Has anyone out there come across a performance shocks/struts setup for the Millenia; or even a compatible application. To compliment the H&R Lowering Springs.

I recentley saw a Silver Millenium Edition completely demolished a few days ago. The car apparently rolled-over. The roof was smashed and the back wheels were bent from the axle --- the car was also covered in mud - the driver probably confused the TCS as AWD!

Hmmm......... what a shame!
    If your budget allows for it, go for the '00 Millenia S or '01 Millenia S - Excellent car loaded with many options and rides very well! I thought the I30t was to Maxima-ish, "if you will"

The Avalon is another car to consider, despite its "Oldman" persona - superior reliability, plathora of luxury style options and excellent resale value. The Avalon also carries a slight resemblence to the Lexus LS430.
    How is everyones leather holding up? My '00 Millenia already has a lot of creases in the leather and I am using a non-retail leather cleaner. (which surpasses the performance of any retail product currently on the market)

From a comparison that I did on another '00 Millenia, my leather was in better condition, but I think Mazda could have utilized a better grade leather for the seats. Any comments?
    My leather is still in decent shape, despite many many miles of my buttockery. I have been using Lexol leather cleaner and Connolly Hide Food (that stuff from England in the green jar that looks like lard) for conditioner. I'm satisfied with these products; my leather is in much better shape than typical for Millenias as old as mine. However, I have a problem with black scuff marks on the sides of the seats and the inner door.

The leather in Mazdas (as well as Hondas and Acuras) is decent but could be better. The leather in Toyotas (the Camry/ES300 come to mind) feel especially soft and rich.

http://www.lexus.com/models/es/luxury/default.asp?t=lu

OK, BMWs, Jags and Bentleys have even nicer leather.

The worst leather I've seen were in GM cars (except Cadillac & Saab). Check out the leather in most Chevy models (except Prizm) and all Pontiac models. You'd never see leather as ugly, plasticy and cheap. Peep this:

http://www.pontiac.com/bonneville/interior.html

Probably the most hideous, unattractive and overstated interior ever. Also check out Mitsubishis for cheesy leather. Check out the back seats of an Eclipse with leather.
    I have the same problem with being easily subjected to leaving scuff marks in the lower section (right&left) side of the seats. I think the increased leather wear is partially related to the leather's surface design which utilizes folds, overlappings and crevices to obtain a more luxury look. As a result of this particular design the leather seating surfaces also tend to soil much faster as well. In comparison to the other cars that I have owned.

I wonder if the '01 Millenia utilizes a better grade of leather!!??

ecaf --- does the leather cleanser product you use add sheen to your seats? There's nothing worse than a greaseball seat and steering wheel!

Regards,
    yes, the Millenia S does not have great gas mileage for daily commuting, but I managed to drive my Mil S from Bestheda MD to Newark NJ on just about one tank of gas. I was down to 1/4 tank when I gassed the car up.

My driving conditions were as follows:
    Temp - 68 to 73 degrees MPH - 73 to 85
    Octane - 93 Route - I-95/NJ Turnpike
    Cruise Control - N/A Wieght - 3 Passengers with
    approximately 300lbs of luggage Traffic - Moderate
    isn't a 2000 Millenia S in the same price range as most Maximas?
  • mantagmantag Member Posts: 47
    i too have a 95 s, and the leather is in excellent shape. i use lexol as well (cleaner and conditioner. seat side panels are vinyl, and require vinyl cleaner i suppose. pay attention to he back of the rear seats where they meet the deck lid. the sun beats down in this area alot.
    ruski, you're right. The SE and GLE Maxima cost about the same as 2000 Millenia S (after discount off course), and Maxima's lowest model cost about the same as a regular Millenia. This makes a Millenia S an even better buy than a Maxima.

BTW, what kind of cleaner should I use for the door panel?
    The leather in my '99 Millenia is starting to show a lot of wear on the driver's seat. I do treat the leather. I've found that Armoural Multi-purpose cleaner works well to remove the black scuffs from the doors and sides of the seats. If you do try this product be careful what you use it on...it is very strong...it will remove the paint from the Millenia's glovebox and probably some other parts as well...but does seem to be safe on the dash.
  • saxon22saxon22 Member Posts: 6
    Most good cars have reputation for running forever. How reliable is MM????? Will I be able to driver it for 100K???? can she go up to 150 or maybe 200K. I drive a 1989 civic with 152K and the baby is still ticking. Any high milage stories out there??????? Please share. Saxon