Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• tomekktomekk Member Posts: 310
    On Tueasday I'll call my dealer service dept and ask them for the price of spark plug replacement on 01 S ... and 01 P.
  • nzigmanzigma Member Posts: 13
    Hi fairwood....how much did it cost on ebay ??
    For 2001 Millesnia S:
     - sparkplugs (platinum) installed: $220,-
     - 60K miles service incl. sparkplugs $450,-
     - timing belt $900,- all inclusive (service advisor said they recommend changing it at 75K miles, 60K was "too early", but he has also seen folks "pushing their luck to over 100K miles and doing OK with that") - so if I keep my car that long, I'll push my luck.
    Tomek
  • fairwoodfairwood Member Posts: 91
    Hi nzigma, all figures are in U.S. dollars. I paid $20 for the remote and a further $7 for shipping and insurance to Canada. The actual postage on the padded envelope was 85 cents!! Many eBay sellers make their real profit on the inflated shipping and handling/insurance charges. I have seen identical remotes (identical as far as part numbers are concerned) sell for as little as $8. and as high as $51. Recently there were identical remotes for sale with price spreads as I just quoted. The logic there is beyond my feable brain to comprehend. No one has bothered to respond on the other web site about how much they paid to have plugs etc. replaced but that has been answered above. And fwatson, stop gloating, I doubt if anyone here purchased a 2.3L supercharged engine in order to get to 60mph 1.5 seconds faster than a P version. Sheesh!!! I bought mine used a little over 3 months ago (2000 MM S) and had never heard of a Millenia before. I had vowed to never buy a Mazda after watching that little Lord Fauntelroy kid in the black suit and tie look into the camera a say "Zoom.zoom". I vowed I would crawl across broken glass in my bare skin to turn the TV off if necessary to shut him up. Never say never. I had decided against buying a 2001 Nissan Maxima and passed the Mazda dealer a few blocks away. It was a Sunday and the dealer was closed so I dropped in knowing that salesmen would not be all over me like a cheap suit. Saw my car and was truly impressed with its looks both inside and out, it even looked solid and well made. I researched the hell out of it on the internet that afternoon and night. It was in my garage by mid week after getting undercoated and a few minor repairs underside that my mechanic pointed out. Still very thrilled with my purchase but looking to the future with some trepidation after reading about oxygen sensors, timing belts, TCS lights, check-engine lights etc. all requiring major expense. Sure I would rather buy regular gas instead of premium but if you have to ask, you can't afford the car, right? Yeah, right. fairwood
  • fwatsonfwatson Member Posts: 639
    Just kiddin' in a way, but I disagree with you on this.
    -----------------------------
    " I doubt if anyone here purchased a 2.3L supercharged engine in order to get to 60mph 1.5 seconds faster than a P version. Sheesh!!!"
    -----------------------------
    If not for more performance, I see no reason to buy a supercharged engine. The SC serves no other purpose than to raise the horsepower. I was subjected to the sales pitch concerning the 2.3S as well as the 6 disc in dash Bose stereo. I rejected both as well as other costly items, because after close to 50 years of owning and playing with cars I am all too aware of complex mechanical devices failing and costing a fortune to repair or replace. Live and learn. Oh, the standard CD/Cassette/AM/FM system is great on it's own.

Anyway, $220 isn't nearly as bad as $500. But it sure is a lot more than $48 for six plugs at $8 each. Of course that assumes a person can change them himself. If not, any even mediocre mechanic could.

What's funny to me on the power question, is that even the MM gets to 60 quicker than most cars of the "musclecar era" of the '60's and early '70's. The MMP is far from a slug. OTOH I remember being a high testosterone boy in need of an ego boost, and played with my share of hot rods.

BTW, I am well aware you are not a kid from earlier discussion, and was not inferring that. ;-)
  • nzigma1nzigma1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks fairwood. Could you possibly give me the part number as reflected on the back.I have a 2001S...now the ones on sale at ebay, have a different model number at the rear compared to mine. Does anyone know if a 2000 remote is OK for a 2001. The dealer here is quoting $ 120 for a new one. Probably a 500% margin.
  • mazfan1mazfan1 Member Posts: 26
    I have a few questions about the Millenia:

1.Does 1996 models mast antenna(radios)have better clearness than the 97-02 in-glass antenna?

2. How often does the 96 spark plugs cause problems?

3.Are the projector lights any good on brightness compared to 97-00?

4. Can the 2.5L use regular(87) are does it have to use premium? using regular all the time will it mess up the engine or lose performance?

5. Does the 96L come with rear seat heater ducts in the 4-seasons package?

I dont know which one I should pick the 96L or a 98L both are fully loaded. I am trying to see which one has the better radio performance and more relible. I want be buying the car till Dec. or Jan.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
    I can only answer 2 and 4 with any certainty.

2-The problem was with the spark plug wires, and was the only major problem I know of with either MM engine. It is otherwise rated "Outstanding" by Consumer Reports.

4-Premium gasoline is only "recommended" not "required" for the 2.5 engine. I have run 87 octane exclusively for 12000 miles with no hint of any problem, or noticable difference in performance from the 93 octane that the dealer put in the car new. No knock, no ping, no lag in acceleration. It runs great.
    nzigma1: The keyless remote part number for the 2001 and 2002 is different than the 2000 and earlier numbers. I believe (but not 100% positive) that the same remote number is good for at least 1997 to 2000. I check out most remotes on eBay out of curiousity now and have noticed that most remotes advertised for 2001/2002 have a different part number quoted and most will quote both the U.S. and Canadian part numbers. I will check this out in more detail within a day aand get back to you. fairwood
    P.S. As a fellow Canadian I am sure the highest octane you can buy up here is 91. Sunoco has those higher blends but they also have up to 10% ethanol and I refuse to use any gas that has ethanol as part of the mix. I probably stated in an earlier post that I firmly believe that ethanol plays hell with neoprene seals and gaskets. Just a mental block I have I am sure but there it is.
    nzigma1: The part numbers on my remote are:
    FCC I.D. (USA) KPU41048 and for Canada: 2288 101 275 made by Naldec Corporation, Japan. Only one remote came with my used 2000 MMS and I made sure the one I bid on at eBay had the same numbers. I have had a number of cars with remotes and only once did I ever need the second remote but it is a cheap insurance if I should lose mine at the mall or at a drunken party. Yeah, right. I could call my wife and she could bring the other one. My wife's van has two of course and she has one and the other is on the front hall key rack which I grab when I am driving. fwatson has a 2001P so he could confirm the similarity or difference of part numbers on his remote. fairwood
    2001 MMP

Model 41701

P/N: TC86 67 5RY

Naidec Corporation Japan
    For horsepower, yes, but also more torque, different (stiffer) suspension, rear anti-roll bar (flatter cornering) which is absent from a P, and bigger wheels / tires.
    ... and to treat yourself to something nice(er), some people like the supercharger whistle :-)

When it comes to stereo systems, the sound is very important to me (I have a home theater system with a REL sub, for those who know what a REL is...) so I went with Bose.
    But that just me.
    Tomek
  • nzigma1nzigma1 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks fairwood, fwatson...mine matches with fwatson's. Have not seen anything on ebay as yet. Will keep a sharp lookout though.. no way am I going to pay US 120 for this contraption.

Yeah fairwood....I live in Vancouver, I paid $ 2.85 US per gallon for 91 Oct just the other day at Petro Canada. I'm just sticking to what the manual says. No Sunoco in BC.
    I think it's great if a person wants to pay for more performance, and can justify it, even if it is just for gratification. But as is becoming obvious, that performance comes at a cost beyond initial purchase price.

In addition to higher fuel and routine maintenance costs, those tires and wheels will also cost considerably more to maintain and/or replace if and when the time comes.

I don't question the choice of MMS if it is truly what you prefer. But if I had been more interested in performance than overall style and quality, I would have gone back to the Nissan dealer and bought the Maxima. It has more power than the S, without the complexity of supercharger to get it. Yes, the MM has a more sophisticated rear suspension and rides much better than the Max.

Don't get me wrong. I do understand the overall appeal of Millenia. That is why I put my money on it instead of a more powerful but otherwise less appealing car.
    Well, you've treated yourself to soemthing you enjoy (and no, I didn't like the Maxima after extensive test drives).
    You've paid much more for the Mill P than you would, say, for a Hyundai Accent. It'll cost you more in taxes, maintenance, gas, tires etc., etc. - above and beyond what those items would've been for Accent. But I guess you got more and it was worth the extra $$$ - just like what I paid extra for was worth the extra $$$ to me.
    So we're exactly in the same boat :-)
    And that can be extrapolated to include Corvettes, and on up through Bimmers and then the Maybach 62. If the price of admission is worth it to you, a person could spend half a million and basically still have "only" a car.

At the prices we paid, all MM's are a fantastic bargain compared to anything else at anywhere near the price.

Enjoy yours, I certainly do mine.
  • mazfan1mazfan1 Member Posts: 26
    Does the 97-02 Mazda Millenia in-glass antenna pick up far away stations better than the 95-96 Mast antenna? And does anybody have problems with their in-glass antenna picking up stations?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

ALLEN
    I wish I could give you a more definitive answer, but I haven't owned a MM with a mast antenna. All I can tell you is that the in glass antenna on my MM does at least as well on reception as the mast antennas I have had on other brands of cars. I currently own a '95 Olds 88 in addition to my MM, and the reception is better on the MM. Problem is that I can't say whether that is due to a beter tuner in the MM radio, or the antenna.

Hopefully someone with experience with both an older and new MM will give you more help on that. But the radio tuners would still play a role in any comparison.
    I agree with fwatson, the in-glass antenna is as good as any mast antenna I have ever owned and that covers well over two dozen vehicles over the past 50+ years. The in-glass antenna is far, far superior to the mast on my wife's 1998 Plymouth van. I don't notice fading when turning corners, going under bridges etc. Maybe it's the Bose system with its more sensitive head end circuitry. Incidentally, I have looked carefully (I think) and nowhere can I find the Bose name on my system although it is the original and looks identical to Bose systems that I have seen photographs of on other Mazda web sites. The 2000 and earlier units only held one CD but the 2001 and 2002 had a 6 CD changer built in. I seldom play tapes in the car anymore and have tried the CD player with only one CD just to see how it performed. One at a time is more than enough for me. You do have a 6 CD changer in your 2001 don't you, fwatson? fairwood
    No, I have the (not a Bose?) standard system. And in referrence to

"I have looked carefully (I think) and nowhere can I find the Bose name on my system although it is the original and looks identical to Bose systems that I have seen photographs of on other Mazda web sites."

the standard sound system also looks identical to the Bose, with no name on it. I haven't used the Cassette player, but have put hundreds of CD's through one at a time, and they play and sound great. I really wonder what the difference is between the standard and Bose systems other than possibly higher power output in the Bose.
    I have 6 CD changer and Bose (it does say Bose on it); reception is good - better than Passat GLX (short mast active antenna), same as Chevy Venture (antenna also in glass on the windscreen).
  • ddwzfddwzf Member Posts: 10
    89 or 93?

The previous owner told me it's better to use 89. Is that true? what grade gas you guys use?

thanks
    will work fine. If your car knocks or pings on regular, go to 93. I don't think it will though, because I have run 87 exclusively for 12000 miles.
    Also, there is a TSB out advising not to use 93 in the P because of carbon buildup. Check post #2536 of 2584 by misty8

----------------------------------------

(Bulletin No: 01-027/02

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

All 1995 - 2002 Millenia models with 2.5L V6 (KL)

Description

After a cold start, MIL comes on with DTC P0300 to P0306 stored in the memory. In most cases, this concern may be caused by misfire occurring in one cylinder during idle. The use of premium fuel (high-octane fuel) may be allowing carbon deposits to accumulate on the exhaust valve seat, causing momentary insufficient compression.

To correct this concern, remove carbon deposits using a suitable top engine cleaner.

Note: After removing the carbon deposits, be sure to advise the customer to use lower-octane fuel (87 or 89 octane) to help prevent future recurrences.)

------------------------------------------
    Has anybody else noticed that Kia has stolen the original Amati name for the Millenia and stuck an "n" in it to escape copywrite infringement. What a slap in the face by the Koreans.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03169/193654.stm
  • heybradyheybrady Member Posts: 75
    No matter what they call it, it is still a Kia. 'Nough said.
  • sdasda Member Posts: 6,964
    1995-96 has both mast (electric antenna) and rear glass grid antenna--a true diversity system. 1997-2002 rear glass only, with the diversity system selecting from the left or right grid in the back glass. Reception was better on my 96 vs my 98, yet both were very good. I like the look of the one piece projector beams on the 95/96 better than the two piece (headlamp and side parking lamp are separate pieces) on the 97-00. Illumination is fine with both, though my wife said when I was following her in my 96, she remarked how little headlight glare the lights projected.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• billyperksbillyperks Member Posts: 449
    There is a big difference with the Bose and stock system.The Millenia I leased had the stock radio which I think is one of the best stock radio I have heard so far, however, I listened to the Mazda Bose and it is definitly a step up from the stock radio.

Just to add- when I was leasing the Millennia the sales person wanted me to get the Bose and the "s" model. I told him no because I am in this for only three years, the base car is sufficient enough for me.
    You didn't have to buy the 'S' to get the Bose radio. My '96 had both the Bose and Cold Weather (heated seats, heavy duty wiper motor, starter, battery) package. I tried to find the same combination when I bought my '98, but could only get the Bose. A car with the Cold Weather pkg was not available. Both cars were not 'S' models. Actually thought about upgrading to the 'S' when I bought the '98, but couldn't justify the huge price difference for a marginal increase in performance.

I haven't listened to the Bose, but if it is better than the stock audio system, it must be outstanding.

I spent 4 hours on the Regal lot in Lakeland, Fl last Friday while getting my daughters Odyssey van repaired (recall for a bad ignition switch). Excellent treatment by everyone there.

That gave me a lot of time to check out the Acuras and Accords. The TL is an impressive car, but as I was looking over an RL, I couldn't help but notice that the right side of the hood did not sit level with the fender about midway. That rather surprised me seeing as it was one they chose to put in the showroom. I thought about you and the transmission problem that is so prevalent on the TL forums. Good luck with that. BTW, with just me and my wife at home now, I'd take the CL. ;-)

Now I better get back to MM's before Pat sends me another email for getting off base.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    That was about posting a link Edmunds didn't approve of. ;(
    fwatson: If I had a dollar for every hour I have spent in waiting rooms, especially for my wife's wheelchair van (Plymouth) I would buy out Mazda and retool for the 2005 Millenia S. I think I have finally got over my intial enthusiasm for my 2000 MM S. Even my wife asked me the other day why I wasn't finding excuses to go driving every day "just for the hell of it". We found out last February why that nice town is called Lakeland. fairwood
    "I think I have finally got over my intial enthusiasm for my 2000 MM S. "
    -------------------------------
    I don't drive just for the hell of it so to speak. But after two years it's appearance still surprises me frequently. My wife took some pictures at Punta Gorda last Sunday, and after they were developed and I was looking at them, there was the MM in the background looking unbelievably beautiful. It is extremely photogenic. And It is still the most enjoyable of all the cars I have owned. Similar from what you say, to your total. If it holds up as well as it looks and runs (so far not even a minor glitch) I'll have it for many more years just because I don't want to get rid of it.
    AMEN to that. fairwood
    Both my 96 and 98 were absolutely trouble free. Never had to go to dealer for any adjustments or repairs! They were the best two cars I've ever owned. A pure joy. Wish I hadn't 'gotten tired' of the '98 and traded for a Catera. Huge mistake. Good to have 20/20 hindsight :)

"Catera"

I too admired the Catera. But just as Cadillac has done so many times, they took an import (this time Australian) and totally blew it. Thankfully I passed over buying one. I still see one occasionally and wonder how Pontiac will do with the Holden it is importing as a Gran Prix. Beautiful car, but from what I've read it is also trouble prone. We need to put the Ausies all in the Styling studio and keep them out of the engineering and manufacturing part of the business.
    ... the old joke about Heaven and Hell:
    Heaven is where the police are British; the cooks are French; the auto builders are Italian; the judges are Swiss; the engineers are German.
    Hell is where the police are German; the cooks are British; the auto builders are Swiss; the engineers are French. Keeping the Aussies in the styling studio brought this to mind. The Australian version of the Millenia was called the Unos or something like that. I'm sure someone here will correct me. Feel free. fairwood
    Close, but you said to correct you.;-) I am posting the following because it has always interested me.

"20th October, 2000
    Millenia - new face, new name… okay, it’s new

"Mazda Australia has opted for a new name for its Miller Cycle engine powered flagship saloon. Previously the Eunos 800, it will now be known as the Millenia."

http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Mazda/Millenia_800.htm

"Millenia is part of an unfulfilled dream. A decade ago, Mazda saw Lexus and Infiniti succeeded in entering prestige car market, so it established two new brands, Xedos and Eunos, for Europe and Asia respectively, to market the prestige line of cars. Two prestige cars were developed, Eunos 500 (Xedos 6) and Eunos 800 (Xedos 9), intended to rival BMW 3-series and 5-series respectively. The American operation Amati was to be set up before the company went into financial trouble. Mazda woke up from the dream.

The Eunos 800 (Xedos 9) is still surviving today, but no one cares about its brand name any more. In Japan and North America, it is simply branded as Mazda Millenia."

http://autozine.kyul.net/html/Mazda2.htm
  • billyperksbillyperks Member Posts: 449
    I did not say you had to buy the "S" if you wanted the Bose.I said he wanted to sell me the "S" with the Bose radio.

I know the base car can be optioned out with the Bose, this sales guy just wanted to milk my pockets for 40 more horses(170 base 210"S") and a few more watts.
    I'm with you. I also couldn't justify the price difference to get 40 more hp in the 'S'. But I did want the Bose and Cold Weather options on my car. I found the power on the 2.5 v-6 to be enough for my driving needs. It ran nicely on regular gas, too.

• slingshot1slingshot1 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased a 2002 S almost a year ago with alloy wheels and winter package, and thought I would give an informed opinion as I now have 22,000 miles on it. Very glad, I purchased the S, didn't think the base model had much pep.

Overall, I love it and strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a quality car.

Haven't had any problems except for the tires due to hitting about 30 potholes last winter. That's not the car fault. Had to replace one tire last May, a Goodyear at $153 which was defective and was replaced last week by Sears at no cost to me.

Average mileage is only 20 mph which is disappointing. That does involve substantial stop and go traffic, though. Last week, had mostly highway travel and got 23 mph.

Have been using 93 octane but due to the high price of gas, I have used 89 a few times without any perception of decreased performance and there was no pinging. Plenty of pep when you step on the gas.

The car is so quiet at low speeds that it sounds like it not turned on. The night I bought it, I thought the engine had stalled out when I stopped at a stop sign! Of course I previously owned a Ford Contour which was very noisy. However, it is noisy when it is windy outside, more so than other cars I have owned. I'm not sure if this is due to the sun roof or from the tires.

Would like to get recommendation on regular tires and snow tires. It is terrible in snow with the regular tires.

Still love the looks of it and the paint job, sand mica. (Although I think the earlier models were better looking.) It is very distinctive looking. (The new flagship Lexus which costs 60K looks just like a Camry in in my opinion.) Bose stereo with 6 CD changer is great.

Air conditioning is weak compared to American cars. Luckily we don't have too many really hot days in Boston area. I will get a recharge next year and see if it makes any difference.

Leg room is tight. I am 5'10" (30" inseam) and if there was any less leg room I wouldn't have bought it. Is there a way to extend the seat? I don't think tall people would be comfortable in it.

Although it has the big 17 inch tires, I don't feel comfortable driving it much past 85-90. My Contour actually handled better at high speeds.

The transmission is much better matched to the engine then the 2000 models that I extensively tested. This is a major improvement in the newer models in my opinion. Also very little noise from the compressor. The earlier models that I tested seemed to be noiser.

Finally, does anyone know it you can buy a device to automatically turn the lights on when you start the engine?
    Very enlightening, well written. Thank you for your valuable input. Many years ago it was the "fashion" to have an after market running light hanging out of the grill. This was years before it became mandatory in Canada and now or soon to be in USA. It was a simple 12v (or maybe 6v back in those dark ages) bulb that connected across the low voltage side of the ignition coil. One of the parts outlets must have something similar, Pep Boys, Discount Auto etc. This will be my first year driving a 2000 MM S in winter conditions. My wife and I have spent the last 9 or 10 years in the Tampa Bay area in Florida but my wife's MS has progressed to the point that travel is no longer an option. Previous owner installed Michelin 225x45/17's and they are much better than other Michelins I have owned. I think they are glued to the road even in tight turns. Reading tire reviews on www.tirerack.com I have come away with the impression that Continental Conti Extreme Contact would be a good tire to consider. It has a 8.9 snow rating which is very high. Like you, I worry about driving in snow - me for the first time in a decade. I had over 35 years of winter driving in many different vehicles but you never get used to it. First snowfall of the season and you learn all over again. These low profile tires may look good to most people but I am not a great fan of the look. The narrow profile leaves less rubber/air between the road (potholes) and the rim and it is easy to get a slight ding or dent. My left rear tire loses about 3 lb over a 7 or 8 day span. No visible damage on the outside so I suspect a dent or whatever on the inside. If I were to get winter tires it would be on 16" rims if I win the lottery and can afford a set of 4. Nothing on the Millenia comes cheap. I am looking forward to the heated seats - I have the winter package also. I have a suggestion ... we all move in with fwatson in warm sunny Florida starting in late October and stay until mid April. Just a thought. fairwood
    slingshot1, just leave the light switch in the "on" position, shutoff is automatic when you turn off the car. That'll accomplish lights-on when you start the car.
  • kcm8419kcm8419 Member Posts: 121
    Slingshot1, I also have an '02 s but I do not have any problems with the leg room, I am 5'10" and have a 32" inseam. If you are talking about the back seats I would agree with you on the lack of leg room but not in the front seats.

As for mpg's I think 20-21 is what Mazda says you should be getting on this car in town. Your highway mileage is low, that should be closer to 27 mpg. I am getting 23-24 in town mpg and 27 on the highway. I am going to be taking a trip within a month through the midwest and I will see if the highway mileage goes up any.
  • jmadamsjmadams Member Posts: 3
    I recently had the full 60K service done on my 2000 MilleniaS, even replaced all of the belts. I knew it was going to be expensive, but I was rather shocked when I stopped by the dealership and got a quote for $2250. So, I did my homework, searched on the internet and cartalk.com for area garages that could do the work. I found a place that specialized in Mazdas and had good reviews from people who had their cars serviced there. I had everything done, timing belt, plugs, gas filter, tire rotation, etc, even replaced all the other belts (not part of the dealer quote) for $1200. About half as much as a dealership and the garage was about twice as competent. Just remember that the dealership is not the only place you can get complicated work done on a MilleniaS and it pays to look around. I also recommend finding a garage where the people are enthusiastic about the brand and use real Mazda parts.

With that said, I'm still glad I purchased a Millenia. No mechanical problems yet and it still rides well. $1200 isn't cheap, but I like that car and if I keep it for another 60k without any trouble, it's money well spent.

BTW, someone mentioned weak air conditioning in their S. The recharge should take care of the problem.

John
    Thanks for the above comments. With respect to the leg room, I like to sit back perhaps more than most people but I am always looking for that extra inch. I move the seat at different angles to compensate. On mileage maybe I drive too fast to get good mileage. I will look into the recommended snow tires as soon as possible. I thought that the lights might shut off after a while but I was afraid that the battery might die. I will try this and see how long it takes before they shut off.

On the noise issue, it generally is not a problem, especially with the Bose system. It is primarily when it is windy outside and it almost sounds like something is open which is letting the noise in. I'll try it in the upcoming hurricane!
    Jmadams: $1,200 seems very expensive to me. Is there a lot of labor cost because they have to take part of the the engine apart to get at the belts, etc?

Unless there's some adjustment to the compressor that is necessary or some unusual item, it seems that most competent mechanics could do the work for less. I have been bringing it to a Mazda dealer most of the time for oil changes but I will see how much my regular mechanic will charge or see if he doesn't want to go near it.

(The dealer that I bought it from opened and closed in about six months. I still haven't figured out why. He has a large Mazda dealership about 50 miles from my home then opened this other one in a Chysler dealership about 20 miles away from me. That was the main reason, I bought it there and I also bought a warranty that is tied into the dealer somewhat with a "disappearing deductible.) I am going to see if I can cancel it and get some money back.)

It is probably a good idea to change all of the belts at the same time as a broken belt is probably one of the main reasons that the vehicle would break down.
  • brainsbrains Member Posts: 2
    I have a 1996 Millenia S with 80,000 miles. Occasionally when I am driving the rpm's will spike. For example I was on the highway doing about 70mph at 2500 rpms and without any additional pressure on the gas peddle the rpms spiked to 3500, stayed for 10 seconds and them came back down - anybody have any idea what might be hap pending? The dealer was at a loss.
    Do you actually hear and feel the engine rev up?
  • brainsbrains Member Posts: 2
    Very little, I do feel a little tug