Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda Millenia

Comments

• acabral1acabral1 Member Posts: 122
    Sup folks,. It's been a long time since I have visited this forum; I see that a lot of people still have mixed-emotions regarding the Millenia.

Well anyhow I have a '00 Mill_S and have had a wonderful ownership experience since day one; not one problem to date! The Mill_S,s performance capabilities are phenomenal in comparison to its competing models, it also exceeds in this arena as well.

The only performance oriented improvement that I am trying to make at this moment is reducing the S,s 0-60 time; it's "deficiency" in this respect is the simple result of the Miller Cycle being a centrifugal supercharger; but even though, I still managed to easily spank every light-weight import that invited me to a "stop-light" duo.

Well, enough about that; let me keep everyone abreast of the performance upgrade progress that has materialized on my end thus far:

Currently, I have teamed up with a VA/MD based auto-performance and tuning group that is assisting me in fabricating/tuning a cold-air intake. The prototype that was fabricated was causing the factory air-meter to go hay-wire, at times not allowing my Millenia's engine to start; and when it did work, there was a severe loss of power. Once the CAI is perfected, it will be complimented by a custom heat-shield as well.

Phase 2 will be to install a completley revamped and tuned exhaust system...........

Phase 3 will be to locate a set of compatible aftermarket H/P shocks/struts.......... to compliment my lowering springs

I order a aero-kit for my Millenia a few days ago, it should be arriving sometime soon. Once I get it painted and installed I will try to post some pics on this forum.

With the country's economy performing so poorly right now; chances are all of my performance goals may not be completley finalized until mid to late fall...........!

Regards,
    BSCBLUE, were might I ask did you obtain information regarding all '02 Millenia's being equipped with the 2.3L S/C as a standard engine?

According to a dealer "friend" of mine, the 626's revamp will utilize the 2.3L S/C in thier top-of-the-line model; and the Millenia will be phased out permanently after '02.

Here's my personal opinion, the sales staff at mazda are as in much of the dark as we are! If you know otherwise and can furnish evidence please share; this would be very informative.

Regards,
  • tomekktomekk Member Posts: 310
    ... I think that'll happen in Canada, not in the US - but I'm not 100% sure. Wait and see, September is not that far off.

BMW, I just got 2001 Millenia I for USD26.5K (came with CD changer and all season pkg). I love the car - I LIKED it better than the TL-S that I test drove, better than a loaded Maxima... I think it is great bang for the buck. Discounts on Millenias (e.g. "True Market Value") is something Edmunds should take into consideration when evaluating cars, and not compare them based on MSRP, which is kind of an abstract concept in today's market.
  • jstandeferjstandefer Member Posts: 805
    Ok... I've been keeping my mouth shut, but now the rumors are really getting out-of-hand.

The Millenia will be phased out completely by the 2003 model year. The reasons for this are three:

1) Mazda's new flagship will be the 2003 RX-8. The RX-8 will be a "four door sports car" powered by Mazda's legendary rotary engine with an output of 250hp naturally aspirated and the possibility of a super-performance turbo model. The RX-8 will have a "front mid-engine" powering the rear wheels and offer more room. Goals for Mazda were 0-60mph times between 5 and 6 seconds and the best handling of any Mazda ever built. I don't know if those goals have changed...

2) The Miller-Cycle engine CANNOT pass 2003 emissions. The Miller-Cycle is extremely dirty on cold start-up and revamping the engine to pass would be entirely too expensive and the market has shown no demand.

3) Millenia sales would make a small-volume manufacturer such as Lamborghini pack-up and leave the business (ok, that's an exaggeration, but any other company would have discontinued the car years ago).

The new upcoming mid-size sedan, which may or may not wear the 626 nameplate, will be powered by a 2.3L DOHC 4cyl, or a 3.0L DOHC V6 with sequential valve timing (SVT) that will easily outpower the Miller-Cycle and get better fuel mileage. This new sedan will take the place of the 626 in the line-up. This is another reason the Millenia will go away... the new sedan will be larger than the Millenia and offer better performance and more luxury (the Millenia offers the LEAST amount of interior space of any current Mazda sedan, including the Protege).

I have not heard that all 2002 Millenia's will be powered by the Miller-Cycle. Where have you heard/read that? It would be a terrible decision on Mazda's part. The Miller-Cycle engine is extremely expensive to build and the S model only accounts for a small fraction of Millenia sales. The sooner Mazda can move the Millenia off the market, the better it will be for Mazda. I love the Millenia, but this is the best financial move for Mazda. The Millenia was a great car in 1995, but where the competition has revamped their cars not once, but twice, Mazda has only done small revisions here and there. IMO, the 929 would have been the better choice to keep around...
    Well, I've read this at http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/01millenia.htm

They say "New features for 2001: Until this year, the Miller Cycle engine was available only on the top-of-the-line 'S' model, but it is now standard on all Millenias. The base 170 horsepower 2.5 litre V6 engine has been discontinued. "

Again, that's in Canada.

They also say "This engine has been rated more than once as one of Ward's Auto Reports '10 Best Engines', a prestigious award given annually by a U.S. trade publication". Not bad.

When it comes to interior space - I am 6'3 and do fit comfortably in the Millenia, do not fit in 626 (center console keeps my right leg at very odd angle). In this case I guess size does not matter :-) sure I have less room around me than in my (already sold) 1995 Passat GLX, but I bought a Chevy Venture van for the wife and kids, and Millenia for myself!

I test drove Acura TL (including S), VW Passat (maintenance is $$$$$$$ after 2 yrs), Infiniti J30, Maxima, ... etc. - and for me only the Lexus GS300 was better than Millenia, but also out of my price range ($40K+). Of course BMWs are better - if money (to buy AND maintain in the long run) is no object.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying my little :-) new toy...

tomekk

I checked out Mazda's Canadian site. It seems they have dropped all models of the Millenia except the "S". I guess the 2.3L Miller-Cycle is the only available engine in Canada. In the US, we still get a choice of the 2.5L DOHC V6 or the Miller-Cycle.
  • bscbluebscblue Member Posts: 103
    I don't remember where I heard it but it seems to be happening regardless. Maybe I came up with it . . .

Phasing out the Millenia will put the car in the Cult Car status with my J30. Hopefully, it will give as much reliability and head-turning as my J has.
  • abowen568abowen568 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everybody. I purchased a 1998 Millenia w/26000 miles last week and promptly left on vacation (without the Millenia). After reading some of the comments in this bulletin board I felt very comfortable going ahead with the purchase. I should have bought this car two years ago instead of opting for a new Protege.

Anyway, I have a question. I'm thinking my Millenia had its windshield replaced. There's a blue tinted stripe at the very top of the windshield. Is this standard? Thanks.

Alan in NJ
  • yhippayhippa Member Posts: 10
    Hello all,

I am a college grad looking for a new car. I have been studying a wide variety of cars, anything from 2-door sport coupes to 4-door luxury sedans. I almost settled for an Accord EX when I noticed an ad in the paper advertising a base Milennia for $23,199. With the new grad $400 rebate, that puts it under $23k, which made me think that this might be worth looking at. I drove my dad's 95 Milennia for a while and I enjoyed the ride and acceleration, as well as the auto-tilt steering wheel. Alas, I have never purchased a car before and would love some advice on the 2001 Milennias. I've been hearing about a lot of problems, most stemming from the 95 production run. How do the newer ones hold up? Thanks for all your help.

Richard in VA
  • csuftitanscsuftitans Member Posts: 215
    abowen568, my 2000 Millenia S does have that blue tinted stripe at the very top of the windshield, so the windshiled on that Millenia might be the original one.

Richard, most of the problems people have are with the 95 Millenia, especially the S model, not the base model with the 2.5V6. After that first year of productions, it seems like Mazda fix all the bugs on the car and I don't see many compaint/problems with the '96 and up Millenia. I personally would love to swap my black on grey 2000 Millenia S with a 2001 Millenia. Actually we almost bought a 2001 Millenia Premium last month to replace my wife's '95 beemer. We ended up getting a 2002 Protege5 for $20500 beacuse it's cheaper; what a fun car to drive. If I'm comparing a Millenia to an Accord, here's my take:
    -Millenia is a class above the Accord (more in the Acura TL class)
    -Millenia looks classier and sportier
    -Cool looking interior, especially with the new instrumentation.
    -More standard features for your money
    -Easier to find in Malls parking lot, where you probably see Accords left and right

cheers
    TOMEKK,

The '98 GS300's are priced at or slightly under $30k, if in good condition; if you didn't already do the pricings on the pre-owned GS's.

I can't wait until the VW-W8 hits US shores, this car would definatley be worth test-driving! To bad for all the people who went off and purchased the 2001.5 Passats GLX's..........
    BTW, I know you drive 2000 Millenia S . . . so it was better than a used GS300? :-) same here.

Tomek K
    Hi again,

I forgot to mention in my previous post that my 98 Millenia came with the Bose stereo upgrade. I'm only seeing five speakers with no amp or subwoofer. Does anybody know what the Bose upgrade is supposed to have? Thanks.

csuftitans - thanks for the info on the windshield.
    abowen568, I am not 100% that my answer is correct in respects to a '98 Millenia, but the Bose stereo ('99/00') should basically consist of following: In-dash(1,6mag) CD/Cassette, 1 Center Dash Speaker, 2 Rear-Deck 6x9, two 6.5 front door speakers.

Since we are on this topic, how does the '01 Millenia Bose stereo sound in comparison to the '00?
    The Bose stereo system in the Millenia, 626, and Miata were all specially designed by Bose to give maximum sound out of the smallest space. Bose was given one of each car so they could study the way sound travels in the interior and design speakers that would benefit the vehicle most. I have found the pre-2001 Millenia Bose system to put out good quality sound with sharp bass, but it seems to lack in the loudness department. The Miata Bose system has extreme loudness and good clarity, but it's a bit boomy. The 626 Bose system doesn't sound any better, nor go any louder, than the base sound system...
    When I replace my 2000 Millenia's sound system, the installer had to take out the BOSE amplifier. I don't know if this amplifier is only for Millenia with BOSE audio system or for all Millenia. I always thought that all Millenia comes with the BOSE audio system no matter what. For sure the BOSE system doesn't come with subs; 5 speakers, that's it.
    When I test drove the 2001 Millenia, I played around a bit with the 9-speaker BOSE sound system. I have to say that this one sounds a lot better and cleaner than the one in our Pre-2001 Millenia. First, they took out the center speaker and replace it with two tweeters on each side; which helps a lot with the highs. Then they also add a sub on the back (I didn't see it, but I heard it's an 8" subs) for the lows. Overall, it's a step above the Pre-2001 Millenia's BOSE system, but that's just my opinion.
    BTW, the best BOSE sound system for any Mazda before the new Millenia comes out belongs to the RX-7's BOSE system. It only got 5 speakers, two on the front door, one on the center dashboard and two small 6" subs in the trunk. I can turned the volume knob almost to the top and it still produces nice un-distorted sound. The bass is pretty deep for a sub that small and the center speakers helps to bring the sound up to you ear level, unlike our Pre-2001 Millenia's center speaker which I think isn't helping much.
    I have to say that the BOSE in '95-'00 Millenia is comparable to the BOSE in '93-'97 Mazda 626, which has 6 speakers instead of 5 in the Millenia. To this day, I still wonder why Mazda didn't put more speaker on it's top of the line vehicle; which is a neccessity anyway for a car in this class. Oh well, I still Love my Millenia anyway.

cheers
  • emoneyemoney Member Posts: 1
    I was at a car show a few months ago and came across the Millenia and couldn't stop going back to it. I recently took it for a test drive and I'm going to buy.
    Has anyone recently leased the Base Millenia? If so, do you mind sharing the price you paid for a 36 month and a 48 month lease? I'm just about to start doing my shopping and this could be a real time-saver.

Many thanks.
    Thanks all for the answers to my questions re: the Bose stereo. Now I'm thinking about adding the moonroof air deflector. I've had these before and I think they work really well. I'm just concerned about spoiling the looks of the car. Any thoughts? Any pictures on the Internet?

Alan in NJ
  • mantagmantag Member Posts: 47
    i saw one the other day in the showroom. i saw 7 speakers( 2 front doors, 2 in a pillars, 3 on rear deck) where are the other 2? anyone bought a 2001 s? what the you paying for it? i know i s/b able to bargain for it later this year. it is down to the 2001 mill s or the 2002 acura tl-s. i know i can get a better deal with the millenia s.
  • nzigmanzigma Member Posts: 13
    I was recently upsold on a Millenia S 1998 when out looking for a 626 ES. I really like the test drive and was wondering as to what the opinion out there is in terms of price and performance. The dealers asking price is 16,000...I'm planning to lowball 12,000. The mileage level indicated is 45,937. I'll also be looking at the 626LX/ES V6 as alternatives. Any thoughts out there ? I hear that Ford would be terminating production of this vehicle in a couple of years. As I have my first visit in the next hour and a half, would appreciate some quick advice.

Thanks S
    Mantag, you're right, there are 7 speakers - just went to the garage and looked... I have 2001 Millenia S (437 miles so far, a week and a half old).
    The Bose system sounds great, but is not AS loud as I expected it to be (on the other hand, I am a bit of sound freak and I am used to a nice set of big Klipsch speakers in my family room). A good thing about it is that you can crank it ALL the way up and there is no distortion. It sounds 100% clean.
    In one review of the new Acura (Integra replacement) they commented that the Bose system doesn't play very loudly...

I've paid $26K for my Millenia S (stickered at 32.5) in MA, with 6CD changer and all season package.
    Now I am waiting for wind deflector for the moonroof.

I test drove Acura TL-S (among other things) and found the Millenia to be much more bang for the buck. I liked the interior better - TL-s has some cheapo Civic switchgear that looks soooo out of place. Drivetrain / power / specs are all wonderful on paper, but somehow the TL-S just wasn't my cup of tea (nor was the Infinity I30). Once I test drove Millenia S I knew it is just right for me - especially for the money.
    Hope this helps.
    Tomek K
    The Bose head unit automatically adjusts the frequency levels to eliminate distortion as the volume is changed. It doesn't get extremely loud, but the quality is good.

The Millenia will see one more year of production before being discontinued for the 2003 model year. You can read my reasons for this about 15 posts up. Another reason it will be discontinued is that it is too expensive to have a car on an exclusive platform, like the Millenia. The RX-8's platform will be shared with the 2004 Miata and possibly the upcoming Jaguar roadster. The new replacement for the 626 will sit on the Ford Mondeo platform which also provides a basis for the new Jaguar X-Type and the current Mercury Cougar.
    I checked out the 98 Millenia. Loved the looks and the ride. The mileage @ 46K was however a deterrant, but I'm sure that his sticker (Ford dealer) of 16,000 could have been bought down considerably. I'm also looking at a 1996 S @ $12,000 with approx. 34K miles. A couple of questions ?

How does the 96 compare to the 98 in terms of looks( I've yet to see the 96) and performance.

A friend (I'm a car novice) indicated that the Miller Cycle engine does not have a long life compared to a regular V6 from say a 170HP, 626 ES .

Would appreciate some thoughts on these.

S
    nzigma, exterior wise, there's no difference between the '96 and '98 millenia; other than a slightly different rims. Interior is another matter. Depending on inteior color, if you are looking at the tan interior color, the difference is big. The '95 and '96 models have a black dashboard no matter what leather color it has, while the '97 and '98 models have tan colored dashboard with tan leather and black dash for grey leather. The stereo's head usni is also different. I believe the '96 only have cassette tape as standard but the '98 have both in-dash cd and tape as standard.
    Performance should be about the same; it's the same engine on a same car.
    I personally like cars with newer year models, so I would prefer the '98 even though it has more milage. The '96 definitely has a very low milage for a '96 car, make sure you check carfax.com or something like that to make sure that the milage is original.
    Good Luck
    Thanks Andy.Appreciate your response and guidance.
  • milleniaman1milleniaman1 Member Posts: 110
    I have on my website the differences between all of the different model years of the Millenia
    www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte054i/mazda.html
  • mllmll Member Posts: 5
    I recently had a quote of approximately 24K on a new 2001 S fom a local dealer. I would appreciate if anyone knows the residual valve, money factor, and rebates and incentives available. Have an appointment at the dealer on 7/18.
    That sounds VERY good if you're buying. Check how long the car has been on the lot / is it a demo etc. I've paid $26K for 2001 Millenia S that stickered at 32.5 (all weather, 6CD changer, did not lease).
  • rzawarskirzawarski Member Posts: 47
    Apparently many on this list are not interested in what I consider to be the most important change in the 2001 Millenia, the change to one inch larger front discs and considerably shorter stopping distances for the 2001.
  • sbertrandsbertrand Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know what the base millenia's are selling for in Louisiana; I saw an ad in the local paper for $21,995.00. Is this possible or is it just a tactic or could you possibly get the base model under the $21,995.00?
    ABOWEN568, My previous post didn't post my response to your "Bose, Amplifier" question. The Amp on the Bose stereo is integrated into the head-unit; if you were to remove it, you should see the heat-sinks protruding from the back of it.
    The base Millenia with no options and just the destination charge is:

$28,505 MSRP + Destination

There is a $4,000 rebate from Mazda on the Millenia:

$28,505 MSRP + Destination
    -$4,000 Factory Rebate
    ---------------------------
    $24,505 Price After Rebate

The dealer is then discounting the car by $2,510.

$24,505 Price After Rebate
    -$2,510 Dealer "Discount"
    $21,995 Price After Rebate and "Discount"

That puts the car at $376 below invoice after.

$26,371 Invoice Price
    -$4,000 Rebate
    '$22,371 Invoice After Rebate
    -$21,995 "Selling" Price
    ....$376 Below Invoice

The questions are: Does that $21,995 represent the price including the $480 destination charge? Does that price reflect the $400 factory college grade rebate?

If that $21,995 price does not reflect the destination charge and includes the college grad rebate, then the dealer is making a $504 profit.

'$880 combined college grad rebate and destination
    -$376 Price Below Invoice
    --------------------------
    '$504 Net Profit

It is pretty common for a dealer to throw in all available rebates to make a car's price appear lower. They sometimes will not include the destination charge to make the price appear even lower. This is definitely an "ad car" designed to bring people into the showroom. However, even if you don't qualify for the college grad rebate and pay for the destination charge, it is still a good deal.
    Emoney, a colleague of mine whom also owns a Mill-S said he was paying $315.00 per month for a 36/12k lease, if my memory serves me right, he stated that he simply paid the standarded inception fees associated with a lease. However, I do not know what his APR(money factor) is.

Hope this bit of info gives you some parameters to work with. I personally think, leasing a Millenia is the better alternative due to its obscene depreciation rate. If you option to purchase a '00/01 Millenia S, I would recommend using no more that a 48 month finance term, in addition to obtaining a good interest rate, as well as putting down at least $5,000 to help offset some of the negative equity you will instantaneously acquire when/if you purchase a Millenia...........
    My experience with selling Mazda's for two years is that the Millenia leases the worst of almost any vehicle on the road. The last time I saw the residual on the Millenia, it was 37% over three years. Just to compare, the Lexus ES300 has a three year residual of nearly 60%. Just in case you don't know the terminology, the residual is what the leasing company predicts the vehicle will be worth at the end of the lease. Therefore, even Mazda predicts the Millenia will lose 63% over three years, where the Lexus only loses 40% over the same period.

Leases are based on how much of the value of the vehicle you are using over the lease period. A money factor (equivalent to an annual percentage rate (APR)) is then applied plus state sales tax to come up with the lease payment. An ex-coworker at the dealership leased a 2000 Millenia S Millenium Edition for $380/month for three years. She didn't put any money down, but she did get the E-Plan (Mazda's employee pricing plan).

Inception fees are generally the first month's payment plus title, license, security deposit, and the lease inception fee. The lease inception fee is a charge by the leasing company at the beginning of the lease and usually ranges from $500-$700. Depending on your credit, the security deposit can be waived and the rest of the inception fees rolled into the lease payment.

From time to time, Mazda will run a special lease on their vehicles. Sometimes they advertise it, but they usually don't. Either way, we always told customers that a lease on the Millenia was a bad decision and that a purchase would be more financially beneficial. And we made more money on leases!!
  • natevnatev Member Posts: 10
    in reference to acabral's previous email....this is what I know....I have a 2000 Mil S Mill. Edition, w/ 6 cd in dash, etc.....now, the head unit is strictly a cd changer/ AM-FM tuner...the amplification for ALL speakers comes from a small black amplifier mounted in the trunk on the left side of the back or the rear seats....pull down the carpet material and it's right there...in reagrds to other BOSE systems, they may be different....what I would like to know is how does one go about removing the rear 6x9's, I'd like to replace all speakers with ones from a previous vehicle to improve sound quality.....as well as adding a 12" sub and dedicated amp for it...any suggestions??
    Dealer sent a letter stating they would move me into a new mazda, without worrying about my remaining lease payments. The new lease payment would be close to the old one. The cap cost was 24K, residual value 49% on 15K miles year, and ARP of 4%. Bait and switch was then performed, we made a mistake, need to add reaining lease payments to cap cost. I already pay finance charge and taxes, now am going to pay finance charge and taxes on total 28K. The car is not worth that much. Would be with mazda until year 2004, but will switch to another car company in 2002 when current lease is over. Tired of playing games. Mazda needs all the loyal customers they can get. On my third mazda and parents also have one. This is last mazda my family will have.
    In response to the amplifier location (mounted in the trunk on the left side of the back or the rear seats....) This is the first time I've heard that; however will confirm tomorrow morning.

Besides that, lets answer your question, removal of the factory 6x9's should be relatively simple. Just remove the rear-decklid and all associated hardware, once you've accomplished that, everything else should be self-explainitory. Seems to me like you have a pair of 3 or 4 way 6x9's ready for install. I would just insure that its RMS handling capabilities are well-tuned witht the Bose headunit if you elect to continue use of it. Let me know if I should elaborate more on this topic..........

In terms of adding a subwoofer, if it were up to me. I'd simply add 2 Bazooka 10" Tubes (amplified) to the existing system. You will need to purchase an RCA add on kit if you decide to continue use of the Bose headunit though.

Now if you want to get a little more fancy, purchase a high-end 8" Free-Air Subwoofer and install it into the console between the to 6x9's and simply purchase a high-end 1-channel amp for dedicated powering. If you decide to go this route, Be sure to determine whether or not the rear-deck would require additional re-enforcement to avoid to much rattle and vibration!

You may not neccessarily like my subwoofer ideas because you stated that you wanted to install a 12" speaker, for some serious thunder! Man, I remember when I was running a pair of 15" Earthquakes powered by two US AMP, amplifiers. Those were the days! I espcially liked sitting in traffic with my stereo, as I would say then, BUMP! I'd laugh to myself when the other motorist would roll up their windows.

The best and cheapest mobile electronics shop I know of in Ma is called Cartronics, and they are located off of route 6 in Dartmouth. The guys there are accustomed to adding components to high-end factory equipment and can properly advise you on which route is most beneficial and cost-effective toward your goals and budget.

Regards,
  • jim245jim245 Member Posts: 1
    I'm amazed to find out that the dulnop SP5000 in 215-50-17 is 179 per tire, yet the larger size 235-45-17 is only 128(tirerack.com) 200 dollars savings for a set? Any one out there sucessfully running this larger size on stock wheels, I'd love to get a bigger tire for less.
  • herndonsherndons Member Posts: 17
    I own a 1995 Millenia 2.5L and have a transmission that is a little klunky. I am aware that most Millenias are like this and even confirmed it with a Mazda Service Manager. Says nothing to really worry about, it is inherent to Millenias. Is there anybody out there who can recommend an additive to smooth out the tranny at all? Trans-X. Slick 50? Any safe and tried ideas? Thanks!
  • wkb4447wkb4447 Member Posts: 14
    Have an opportunity to buy this car, loaded, but not "super-charged". Good buy? It has low miles for 6 years. One owner. Locally serviced. I've heard these cars have tranny problems, as post before me would suggest. Anyone else have any opinions? I drive mostly freeway, want nice care with high reliability for business. Thanks for your input. - wkb
    I have a 95 S. No problems w/ trans/ect. Not sure if the 2.5 has a ect trans or not. Just make sure you change fluid every 2 yrs/20-30K I had the complete bg trans flush. It should be worth the approx $125 to do.

I just bought yokohama 550 v's 225/55/16 Wow- these are really great. look good., got them at sears(yoko has special arrangement w/sears). initially ordered h's for 90/tire. Sears made a mistake and ordered V's. Got v's for the same price as the h's. saved $100.

i have the dunlop sp 5000 on my wifes acura legend ls coupe. Again, what a great tire. i paid approx 125/each 225/55/16 thru sears.
    Well the $21,995.00 was definitely an ad car, meaning I don't think this dealership ever sold a millenia for this price. The salesman quoted me a price of $24,300 for a base model which was rediculous! I did find another dealer in my area that quoted a price of $22,600.00 so I am going with that price. I figure that's a pretty good price for the car. Any input will be appreciated!
  • ar688ar688 Member Posts: 1
    I bought the Millenia two months ago and am still loving it. However the battery quit today and when a new battery is put on, the anti-theft on the audio unit asked for the code before it will operate. Just like a nightmare, after 3 attempts the audio unit is now permanently disabled and is flashing "ERR"
    Does anybody knows how to fix this problem or do I have to bring it to the dealer? If yes, how much do you think it will cost?
    Thanks for your input.
    I believe the base millennia should be slightly under 21,000. Although not advertised there is a 4,000 rebate available and the dealers want to move the 2001 models for the 2002 models. In my previous post I was working on a deal for a Millennia I at approximately 24,000, with a lease buy out deal. Unfortunately the dealer could not make the deal sweet enough. Hence a millennia I is sitting in the lot loosing money for the dealer.
    Well I bought the Millenia P package yesterday for $22,690. The only option I got was the two tone paint the black and gray. Its beautiful and it rides great. Even though it is the base model, its fully loaded, cd, leather, sunroof. Plus I got a $1,000 for my trade-in which was an old car. So the price was $21,690.00 I feel good about the deal. I am very pleased with the car.
    sorry dude. once you receive the error code, you have to go to the dealer. it should cost around $30 for them to re-set. once they do, make sure you enter in your 4-digit code and keep in safe place.
    Sterling, congrats on the new Millenia. I'm sure you will enjoy driving the Millenia as most of us do, even more maybe since you have the newer and better Millenia. Keep us posted with your experience with the car. I haven't seen the black/grey color here in LA, i have a black/grey 2000 Millenia S. If you happen to have a picture of the car, please share it with us.

cheers
  • marak88marak88 Member Posts: 57
    I have been reading through some of the previous posts and I'm not sure what some of you mean when they say the millenia have a clunky transmission ( like in post #789), would someone please explain to me what was ment by a Clunky trasmission.

your responses will be greatly appreciated.
  • milleniaman1milleniaman1 Member Posts: 110
    I have a base 1999 Millenia...but I have been thinking about upgrading to a 2001 Millenia S. I was in Orlando over the weekend so I rented a 2001 Millenia to drive. I did like most of the changes to the new car...but there were some things I liked better about my car. One of the changes which I found to be very annoying was the auto-off lights. On my 99 Millenia I never turn off the lights since they are auto-off. On the new 2001 Millenia if you don't turn off the head lights (when you open the door to after turning off the car) there is an annoying warning buzzing sound until they automatically turn off. Does anyone know if there is anyway this can be disconnected??
  • rkchiourkchiou Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I bought a new 2001 White S two weeks ago. I really like the car except for the sluggish start. Often when I hit the gas from a stand still, I feel like I am driving a bus or truck and not a sedan with 210 horsepower. I also noticed that if I slow down to about 20 MPH and then put gas, the car often hesitates for a few seconds before it pickup the speed. Once the car gets to 40 MPH and above, it runs quietly and smoothly. I am getting only 17 MPG (mix of city/highway). I mentioned this to my dealer and he said it takes about 3,000 to "break" the car. I read most of the messages in this forum and noticed that some people had similar experience with their cars. I don't expect my Millenia to have a super fast pickup speed but it's slower than my old Subaru 92 with only 120 horsepower. Should I worry something is wrong with my car or should I wait a few more weeks to "break" the car? Any ideas/suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Richard