Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 5-Series Sedans

Comments

• div2div2 Member Posts: 2,580
    If you are a BMW CCA member you should be able to get some good recommendations from members of the local chapter.
  • topper8topper8 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you for the feedback. Much appreciated. Have a great weekend!!
  • srfastsrfast Member Posts: 138
    The Little Garage has been around for a few years. Their website. is: www.littlegaragecom.

Hope this helps....JL
  • jb_shinjb_shin Member Posts: 357
    I took the family out driving around the city, enjoying the rare sun, and saw a car that caught my eye in the distance. I floored the car and caught up to it at the next light, and it turns out to be the new 5-series. It had a Munich plate, so I guess it must have been a pre-production car in testing. It was gray with a shade of green, but I did not see the front. From looking at the back of it, the lower bumper edge reminded me of Pontiacs with cheap body claddings. The car actually looked smaller than the E39. The rear end was very simple, but it just did not look complete. I can't say I really hated it, but it did not make me want to trade in my 530, either.
  • jbf5jbf5 Member Posts: 32
    jb_shin, I also saw a new 5 last week -- on the autobahn near Munich. It blasted by us, and then was stopped underneath an overpass a ways down the road. I was not much impressed either, and was glad to have gotten the current body. It is innovative styling though -- it looked very different from everything else as it came up in the rear view mirror.
    This site has some good pictures of E60, along with M3 and M3CSL and Z4.

http://www.kalach.easynet.be/e60.htm

If Bangle has succeeded in anything, he is giving the new BMW models strong presence. I agree that E60 definitely stands out, less so than E65. The features on the new 5 are outstanding (I like the adaptive headlight, active steering and the climate control system), but styling is also a big part of automobile purchase for many people. I am in a way glad that I won't have to think about buying a midsize sedan for a while.
  • raymond18raymond18 Member Posts: 1
    I am new to the BMW world. Looking at a 1994 BMW 540i to purchase. It has new short block (17k miles), 123k total miles. Car is in good shape. When I checked the car with a BMW mechanic, the following recommendations were made: Hood struts, $100; Power steering line from pump to gear $295;
    Slight play in upper control arms $425; Rear pads and rotors very soon $385;Tie rod ends have play $400; Door inner panel $350; Cruise control $700.
    The total comes to around $2500, although I don't have to spend all that immediately. The seller is firm with a sale price of $9000. Please advise me about the pros and cons of buying this car, and comment on the asking price. Thank you BMW fans.
  • ksqrdksqrd Member Posts: 21
    Thanks for the nice link--best gallery of E60 pix I've seen thus far.

I'm up in the air--I don't hate it like some, but I'm not convinced this is the best they could have done either (especially given how much time has elapsed since the last major redesign). In some ways, BMW may be a victim of their own success, as the E39 has been so well appreciated.

I agree that the technology seems a greater leap than the design. I wonder what all of that fun (like the heads-up display and the adaptive cruise control) will cost!
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Hi gang, I just got back from Paris last night, and have a few items to share.

First, I saw a new unbadged E60 on the Paris Pariferique last Thursday afternoon. I have to say, it doesn't look much better to me in real life than it does in the pictures. My impression is that it looks like a cross between a Pontiac and a Peugeot, and maybe not even as good looking as either.

Regarding the iDrive system: I have mixed emotions, I find the layout of the controls on my E39 to be extremely logical and well laid out, however, that is not to say that the GenII iDrive might not be even better, time will tell.

Interesting side note: I rode in a W211 E270 CDI taxi this weekend, and I was stunned at the lack of foot room in the back seat. Even though the E-Class "Officially" has 1.4" more leg room than my 530i, I was less comfortable in the taxi because I could not slide my feet forward under the front seat (there is a cross bar in the way) like I can in my 5er. So while there seems to be more knee room in the MB, your feet are crammed into the foot well and "That's all she wrote".

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • erickplerickpl Member Posts: 2,735
    I personally think the back end of the E60 looks like the new Altima or Maxima. I haven't seen one in person, but I am trying to reserve judgment until I see one.

-Paul
  • karmikankarmikan Member Posts: 116
    I was amazed how nice the Z4 looks in reality, it looks pretty weird in pics. I was hoping that the same would hold true for the E60 but, from the previous postings, it seems not.

IMO it looks like a cross between a Grand Am and a Saturn Ion - Ugggh! I'll be keeping my E39 for a long, long time.
    Over on the "BMW 5-Series 2004 Redesign" discussion, there has been some banter about how some folks are disappointed that the new E60 isn't being launched with the much rumored "Valvetronic" versions of the 2.5 and 3.0 liter I6 engines. I have a theory about that one, mind you, this theory is pure speculation on my part.

Theory: Is it possible that the delay in the release of the Valvetronic I6 engines be (at least in part) because BMW is going to incorporate both the "Valvetronic" technology of recent BMW I4 and V8 fame and the "Direct Injection" technology of the new 6.0 V12 from the 760Li into the I6 product line? If this ever happens, we might find our 3.0 liter I6 pumping out more than 260 HP with at least 245 pounds of twist while attaining something like high 30s to low 40s for fuel mileage numbers. Not too shabby. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    Hmmm, I have less than two years left on my current 530i lease. Given my general dislike of the look of the new E60 (mind you, I love some of the rumored new technology, especially a blown I6 with ~375 HP and a 6-Speed, ohhhh, shiver-shiver) I find myself already wondering what to do next. Re-leasing (I need to lease for business reasons) the current car for another 3 years is certainly the number one option, however, I'm thinking that I might hunt for a nice (relatively) low mileage CPO 2003 M5. Either way, that would keep me in the E39 camp for quite some time to come. I can think of worse fates. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • chrism124chrism124 Member Posts: 134
    Shipo,

Funny, I was going through the same car decision process as you have stated. I have roughly 15 months before my current lease ends. Like you I also need lease for business reasons. The technology in the E60 is tempting but the styling, well, let’s just say that I’m not convinced that an E60 is in my future. Perhaps an M5, 540i-6 or a 330i with the performance pkg. Though I do like the feel of the 5-series (E39).

I have never leased a CPO or used car before. Is there any issue’s concerning year-end write-off vs. leasing a new model?

Regards,
    Chris M

P.S. New England is a funny area. Last week snow, today the outside temperature is already 65 F.
  • dabimmerdabimmer Member Posts: 165
    Have really studied the E60 offerings and at first glance it does offer a lot but it also is lacking. Will I make the change , probably not.
    I had been thinking that if I could find a CPO
    M5 that would be the ticket to stay with a car design I absolutely love but it looks like quite
    a few people are thinking along the same line.
    I am just wondering what that will do to M5 pricing.
  • msealsmseals Member Posts: 257
    Well, I am happy to say, that in about a year, I will be looking for a 01-02 E39 530i with 5 sp. I know wanting a manual will limit my choices, but I can't imagine driving the car as a stick. I just need to row my own gears. I don't want to start anything so to each his own. That being said, if you guys are going to be fighting over the M5's that should leave plenty of 530's for me to browse through.

Mark
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    Shipo, you definitely need an M5! I'm sure there will be a great selection of low mileage CPO E39 M5s once those V10 Powered E60 M5s come out and your lease is up on your beloved 530i. Evev do a CPO search on the bmw site now and you'll find quite a few out there.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• pen101pen101 Member Posts: 238
    I have 20 months left on my 530i lease and I too have given some thought as to what to do when the lease expires. Options include buying the car at about $29K, re-leasing it, leasing the E60 or leasing another vehicle.

As for buying the car, it would depend on the current market value of the car at that time. However, unless the current market value is at least a few grand more, it would not be wise, from a financial point of view, to make the purchase. However I am in love with the understated good looks of the car.

Re-leasing does not sound appealing to me. I always like my cars new and improved. Whether the E60 fits that billing is still up in the air.

As for a lease on the E60, at this point there are too many unanswered questions. Does the claimed improvements outweigh the less than appealing look of the car? I really hope so. Also, will the price be similar to the current E39? What about the option packages? Will there be a sports package? It took one year before the new 7-series received this option. My hope is that by MY 2005, there would be a horsepower boost on that engine. They have already boosted it by 10 on the 330 with sport package, so they presumably can do the same on the E60 (not that the current 530i is slow, but more horsepower is always better).

Finally, will the competition catch up? My requirements for a car are the same now as they were when I chose the E39: four-door, rear-wheel drive, manual shift, top-notch handling and excellent safety rating. Only a few cars met these requirements in December, 2001 (when I started the lease), but the field may have grown by MY 2005. Besides, by that time I may give in to my wife and get a minivan instead (that would be depressing).
  • joatmonjoatmon Member Posts: 315
    It think the reason for this is simple. BMW doesn't need to go with Valvetronic I6s to sell the E60 (at least they don't think they do). A new body style usually brings out lots of buyers. In the 2nd or 3rd model year of the E60, they'll offer Valvetronoc I6s to bump up the demand again.

I can't warm up to the E60. I've ordered an E39 due in next Monday: 530i, 5 spd, SP, PP, Zenon, Jet Black. I'll look good next to the Jet Black X5 and my old 86 Jet Black 528e of 1986 vintage. Do you see a pattern here?

Happy motoring,

Jack
    ChrisM124,

While I have never leased a used car before, I was considering re-leasing my 1999 328i (before I saw the early spy shots of the E60, ugh!), and to the best of my knowledge, a lease is a lease is a lease. At least that was the case in New Jersey last year.

DaBimmer,

Shhhhh! Don't tell everyone. ;-)

MSeals,

Hmmmm, well if I do decide to pop for the M5, I will have a 2002 530i 5-Speed, Sapphire Black Metallic, Black Leather, PP, SP, Xenon and Premium Audio that will need a new home. ;-)

NycCarGuy,

Yup, they are out there, 27 within 500 miles to be exact. ;-)

Pen101,

Nicely done dissertation, I echo many of your thoughts. That said, please allow me to re-write your last line: Besides, by that time I may give in to my wife and get her a minivan instead (which would mean that I will need to keep my 530i a few more years, not too depressing).

Joatmon,

Hmmm, let's see... Ahhh, I see the trend, you like old red Datsuns. ;-) Congratulations on your new car.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • seivwrigseivwrig Member Posts: 388
    Maybe this post does not belong here, but I don't think that German cars and Japanese by and large have bought into the big HP issue. O.K., the E60 does not look that great, and it will not get a HP boost. Yes, your car might get beat by a Nissan/Infiniti product. But when talking about a 5er, is it really about who can outrun who. My belief is you want a 5er or you don't. If you want certain criteria when you purchase a car, list the criteria and the cars that meet the criteria. Instead it seems that I see a list of cars people want then trying to pick afterwards, i.e. I loved how the E39 feels but I like how the M-B E320 looks. I personally take handing over looks any day of the week. BMW does a lot with a little. The E36 is not a high HP car but because it is lighter than the E46, it can out handle the E46 in most cases.

I really think the issue is that people want a hot rod. If you want a hot rod, buy a 530i and mod it (supercharger, hi-pro exhaust, CAI, suspension upgrade).
    I would definitely be interested. I am leary as it is about used cars and thus went the CPO route. I did a detailed history search on the car thanks to the internet. I check with the dealerships the car was serviced at and found that it was all done in house. That gave me peace of mind. That being said, I would definitely take a chance on a used car from someone who is not only knowledgeable, but also a big car guy who will take care of their possessions. I think that is the main thing I see between car people and non-car people like my ex-wife. She thinks cars should be indestructible. That they should be able to take a pounding, never have to change the oil and they should run forever without maintenance or wear and tear items. Let me give you and example. When I got divorced, she was driving a leased Jeep Grand Cherokee MY 99, the current style today but first year. Furtunately I had no problems with the truck so it was good at reliability. But, when I decided to turn it in early because she was making late payments on it, I got hit with some surpises. It needed a new windshield because she didn't spend $10 to change the wipers so it scratched up the windshield pretty bad. It needed new brakes and rotors all around because they all started to grind shortly after I got the truck from her. It needed two new front tires because she never had the tires rotated in 60k miles and they were literally bald, no tread at all. Also, she had never had an oil change in over a year, amazing how american technology holds up under abuse. All said, they charge me $5600 for mileage and wear and tear.
    Well, Shipo, I am definitely interested in your car, I am sure it is nice.
  • dzubadzuba Member Posts: 159
    Sorry to reinvent the wheel - but does anyone out there have a lease that looks like this. I am thinking Shipo might!!!

2003 530, PP, SP, CWP, Xenon's, Step - I can get it for $1500 over invoice.

Wondering what my payments will be with:

30 Month/15K miles?

or

36 Month/15K miles.

Thanks - I may also go the multiple security deposit as well.
    I ran your numbers through my handy dandy calculator, and I came up with the following:

30 mo @ 15K per year: $788
    36 mo @ 15K per year: $720

Both of those numbers include your local sales tax (6.25%), which unfortunately is on the entire price of the car (as opposed to just the "Depreciated" portion of the lease like in many other states).

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • dzubadzuba Member Posts: 159
    Did your figures include me putting down multiple security deposits to the tune of $4500? If they did - wow - I can buy new, put down some $$$, and get a better price than that!! Ouch - I was hoping to get down to $550-600.

Thanks much.

BTW - did I hear you might be selling your car?
    My calculation is just a straight lease calculation without any additional security deposits. I don't remember what you get for what when putting down multiple deposits; however, I was at least able to give you an approximate starting point.

Regarding my selling my car, ummmm, not just yet. ;-) I will surely keep it for the duration of its lease (22 more months), and then make the decision regarding whether to extend its lease, or shop for a good condition 2003 M5.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • rhodes3rhodes3 Member Posts: 7
    Hello all:

Have joined the ranks of the passionate drivers and ordered our new car (Orient Blue 03 525i, manual, SP, PP, Nav). Wanted to step up to the 3 liter but budget just wouldn't let me do it. Can't wait for it to get here though and agonizingly check the bmw website every day to view the progress of production. Supposed to be 60 days from when we ordered but hope it's sooner.

Couple of questions though.
    1-For anyone who has ordered and has not taken ED, how long did the actually delivery take? We have a road trip planned around the 60 day mark and I'm really hoping the 5 gets here ahead of schedule. Did you find the dealer's estimate of time to be conservative? What's the slowest part of the process - prod., transit, customs, final check?
    2- What are the best products for cleaning and maintaining your bimmer? This will easily be the nicest car we've ever owned and I will be doing all the care/cleaning myself. Wanted to know thoughts on good products plus products to avoid for both ext. and int. cleaning. (Have very hard water here in Florida)
    3-I haven't been able to find it on here but has there been any discussion about the capability using the nav system to view DVDs. Is that even remotely possible? We have a portable so I doubt I'd really try it unless it was a very simple thing. Just wondering.

Looking forward to discussion of ownership once we're in the club. thanks in advance for any information you can share.
    Shipo,
    (subliminally)
    I really think in 22 months you would be ready for an M5. Your current car will be getting old and you would definitely like something new. There is a guy in Detroit who would be willing to take that old dog off your hands for you in just under 2 years now questions asked.

Mark
  • rhodes3rhodes3 Member Posts: 7
    Hello all:

Have joined the ranks of the passionate drivers and ordered our new car (Orient Blue 03 525i, manual, SP, PP, Nav). Wanted to step up to the 3 liter but budget just wouldn't let me do it. Can't wait for it to get here though and agonizingly check the bmw website every day to view the progress of production. Supposed to be 60 days from when we ordered but hope it's sooner.

Couple of questions though.
    1-For anyone who has ordered and has not taken ED, how long did the actually delivery take? We have a road trip planned around the 60 day mark and I'm really hoping the 5 gets here ahead of schedule. Did you find the dealer's estimate of time to be conservative? What's the slowest part of the process - prod., transit, customs, final check?
    2- What are the best products for cleaning and maintaining your bimmer? This will easily be the nicest car we've ever owned and I will be doing all the care/cleaning myself. Wanted to know thoughts on good products plus products to avoid for both ext. and int. cleaning. (Have very hard water here in Florida)
    3-I haven't been able to find it on here but has there been any discussion about the capability using the nav system to view DVDs. Is that even remotely possible? We have a portable so I doubt I'd really try it unless it was a very simple thing. Just wondering.

Looking forward to discussion of ownership once we're in the club. thanks in advance for any information you can share.
    Rhodes3,

I ordered my first BMW (1999 328i) around Thanksgiving time 1998 with a projected delivery date of early February 1999 (the lease on my 1995 Passat GLX was ending in late February 1999). Imagine my surprise when my dealer called me on Monday 4-Jan-1999 and said, "Your car is ready, when do you want to pick it up?" Duuuhhhh?!?

MSeals,

;-)

Where in the Detroit area are you from. I grew up in Royal Oak, Avon Township (now Rochester) and Bloomfield Hills, however, that takes us back to an era when us kids from MOTOWN would say, "What's all this stuff about the Beatles?" Then we would put on another 45 (little record, big hole) from the Temptations. ;-)

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • george94george94 Member Posts: 75
    Rhodes3, I ordered mine on 02/17/03 (530, 5spd, SP, PP and Xenon) and I picked it up on 03/31. I live in Boston. Geographics might delay your delivery. Also, the BMW site was not 100% accurate. I found it running about 5 - 7 days behind. The dealer seems to have the most up to date info. Call them to get the exact status.

Nice color by the way, I have the topaz blue and looks awesome. I also went thru the same debates about 525 vs 530. I found the 530 really fun to drive and more responsive. Nothing wrong with your choice. You will love it.
    I have so far only 400 careful miles..

..g
  • cbgb1975cbgb1975 Member Posts: 51
    Reinforcing others,8-9 weeks is what dealer says is normal delivery and there is probably up to two weeks "buffer" in case your ship is in an Atlantic storm or there's a slowdown while the World Cup is on...otherwise it'll probably be here in 6 weeks. Dealer has better info than website.Longest step seemed to be after production complete "awaiting transport", but no step took very long once car was in production.
  • snagielsnagiel Member Posts: 750
    A couple of nights ago, my beloved '02 530i was stolen right in front of my apartment here in suburban Atlanta. Police woke me up with the news the following morning when they found it stripped and abandoned by the side of the road. I finally got a chance to see it today, and it wasn't pretty:

Aside from the bent hood, it's hard to identify much damage at first glance. Following is what appears to have been taken:

- 4 wheels (right front still original; they took the spare)
    - Front seats and rear bench
    - All door panelling, some speakers
    - Gauge cluster
    - Front and rear bumpers
    - (Xenon) headlights and taillights
    - Aux fan

Interestingly, the radio and climate control components are still in place.

The insurance adjuster will be by to look at it later today. From the list above, I don't suspect his estimate will warrant totalling the car out, but god knows what damage lies beneath the surface.

It still isn't apparent to me how those bastards stole it, since there's no sign of anyone manhandling the locks. I suspect they flat-bedded it away, which is really brazen. Police say they don't normally investigate unless they've got witnesses and/or the car was involved in a felony (robbery, hit and run, etc.).

In the meantime, I'm rolling in a smoky 3-year old Dodge Intrepid. Of course I'm mad, but I suppose this is what insurance is for.
    What a drag that is. If they do total it, hope they do it soon enough for you to get your hands on a new 2003 that meets with your requirements for options.

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • dabimmerdabimmer Member Posts: 165
    Man, sorry to hear about the theft and all the damage to your 5 er. Your post is pretty calm, I don't think I could be as calm if it happened to me. Thank God for insurance,eh? Hope everything goes well and it is fixed real soon. Keep us apprised and continue to post, we enjoy your skillful command of language and information.
  • vchengvcheng Member Posts: 1,284
    My commiserations too, man. What a heartwrenching sight! I hope that it is either fixed to your satisfaction or written off and you get an M5 for a song.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    That's horrible. I'm so sorry.
    Very sorry to hear about your car. I hope things work out quickly and you will get back in to a BMW.
    Having recently been restored to the ranks of "BMW Drivers" in general, and my 530i in particular (my analog to your "Smokey Intrepid" was my wife's Grand Caravan), I can really sympathize. So, what's worse than watching your 530i sit in your garage while you recover from a broken leg? A: Looking at pictures of your stolen/stripped 530i in a Police impound yard. :-(

I also hope that you get back into your restored/new 530i in WAY less than the 10 weeks it took me.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I just showed your pictures to a guy I work with, and his guess is that your getting a new car. ;-)

Apparently he has been down this road a few times before. His bet is that your car is worth more in parts to your insurance company than it is to fix it, hence his prediction that they will "Total" it for your.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • george94george94 Member Posts: 75
    soo sorry to hear that. Good luck with the insurance guys and keep us posted.
    ..g
    I appreciate everyone's sympathy. Considering how much I loved...er, love, this car, I'm surprised I didn't break down in tears at the sight of it. I guess it hit me that, in the end, it's just metal, plastic, glass, and rubber, and it's certainly replaceable.

I'll keep you guys updated. Have a good weekend.
  • chile96chile96 Member Posts: 330
    My heart goes out to you as I'm sure everyone's does. I just purchased my new toy (600 on the odometer)and am moving to Atlanta in June. Naturally I'm a little freaked and don't think I could be taking it as well as you are - kudos. Is Atlanta known for high end theft/stripping or are you just chalking this up to bad luck as it could happen in any metropolitan city. What part of Atl? - I'm looking to rent in Highlands/Decatur area. With hindsight, do you recommend or anybdy else recommend the BMW alarm or any other theft deterrent system. I didn't get anything on mine but am seriously reconsidering now. Thanks in advance and my sympathies again!
    As far as I know, all 5-Series cars have the full "Alarm Kit" installed at the factory. I doubt that it would do much good against some dude with a flatbed though. :-/

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    If somebody wants your car bad enough, they'll take it. There are ways around alarms (nobody pays attention to them anyway) and other security devices. Even tracking systems such as Lo-Jack have their faults. MB can only track your car if it is on. A friend of mine had his then new MY2001 C320 stolen from his driveway (in Staten Island), trucked up north to Newfoundland, then the car was located when the thieves started it up to load it onto the container.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

I find myself wondering about that rather large dent in the hood. Could it be that if someone jumps on the hood from a flatbed "Just So" that the hood pops open? If that was the case, disabling the alarm system would be very easy. Regarding the keys; simply having a duplicate key is not enough, the car would also have to be programmed to "Recognize" that key before it will start.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
    I have the only two keys for the car, and as Shipo says, it has to be programmed in order to open the door and/or start the engine. I suppose it's possible an insider at the dealer could be involved, but I certainly have no proof.

Indeed, if they flat-bedded it away, the alarm should have gone off. Considering it was the middle of the night (I got home at 10:45), it should/could have conceivably woken someone up (I'm a sound sleeper), but I'm convinced these guys were pros. For example, they had an available assortment of older BMW 5-series wheels to put on after they stole mine. Rookie thieves wouldn't do that.

I'm surprised, too, that they didn't steel the airbags. I've heard they're lucrative in the black market.

Shipo: I'm not sure I understand your equation: Isn't a car (unless it's destroyed) always worth more in parts than it is to fix it? What if the damage is only a broken windshield? Isn't it worth more in parts than to pay for a new windshield?

chile96: Welcome to Hotlanta. I'm actually going to be relocating to the DC area soon, but not because of this incident. I live up in North Fulton, near Roswell. My leasing office swears this was the first car robbery since the place was built in 1996. So, I don't think I live in a high-crime area, but crimes certainly happen everywhere (except, maybe, for New Hampshire :) ). As Shipo said, there's no additional alarm options for the 5-series from the dealer. Lojack is an option, but that helps only if you quickly realize the car's been stolen. In my case, it wouldn't have helped. I have no idea what Atlanta's stolen car statistics look like (I'm sure the PD can provide you with numbers), but I wouldn't be overly concerned if I were you. If you'll have a garage, it should be fine there.
  • seivwrigseivwrig Member Posts: 388
    Man, I was ready to cry for you. I pray to God that your insurance company does the right thing and total out your car. It seems to me that it would cost more in parts and repair costs then totaling out your vehicle. BMW hourly cost is not low. Also, there always the fear that something is missing when repaired.
  • dan_bmwdan_bmw Member Posts: 29
    To snagiel...I know I am about a month late but thanks for the tracking information. I discovered the web site - owners circle about the same time you answered my request.

I reconsidered the 530i because of the 2004 forthcoming changes plus my wife's prodding and ordered a 330i. To be totally honest I am not sure I made the right decision and if I had the opportunity again I might go with the 2003 530i. Oh well I saved over $6000 and God willing I will have a second chance after the 36 month lease is up. I am excited about the new 330i though. Thanks again.

Dan
  • dan_bmwdan_bmw Member Posts: 29
    I just read about your 5er. Sorry, I hope things work out in the long run. Additionally , I hope the people who caused you so much grief get their pay back 100 fold.