Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Sonata 2005 and earlier

Comments

• happee1happee1 Member Posts: 2
    with the warranty coverage on a hyundai do i have to do the 30K mileage checkup for the warraanty to be honored?
    the dealer wants over $500. and that is steep for me now. i do all the oil changes on time.
    any and all help is greatfull......thanks
  • rhaeffelerhaeffele Member Posts: 149
    "...do i have to do the 30K mileage checkup for the warraanty to be honored?"

Wow - over $500.00? I thought my dealer's 30,000 mile flyer listed service was outrageously priced at $285.00. Are you in Canada? You do not have to let a Hyundai dealer do any servicing in order to maintain your warranty, but your car does have to be serviced according to the owner's manual maintenance schedule by someone. Your owner's manual has a complete listing of the required service. If you wish, you may elect to have your dealer perform it per time and mileage. Or, you are entirely within your rights to have an independent shop do it for you. You can even do it yourself without jeopardizing your warranty rights. The caveat is that if you do your own routine maintinance, keep receipts for the materials you purchased (oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, spark plugs, etc) and log the date and mileage when you performed the particular services for inspection in the event of a warranty claim. Keep the log and all receipts together in a durable envelope in your glove compartment or trunk. (If you really want security, scan copies of everything to keep in your home in case of loss. Personally, I don't, but it's probably a good idea anyway.) Arbitrators and small claims court judges accept hand-written logs and itemized purchase receipts as acceptable evidence of service unless the manufacturer can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that there was fraud or incompetency. (That's a pretty tough sell.) Your owner's manual has an entire section with text and diagrams to explain not only what to do, but how to do the required services. If you have an independent shop perform required routine services, again, keep the receipts to show that those services were done.

(If you compare the lists of the dealer services on the flyers they send out monthly with your owner's manual for each time and mileage service, you'll notice a few extra goodies that aren't always listed in your owner's manual for those intervals. Those extras are pure "fluff" to pad the higher dealer prices.)
  • happee1happee1 Member Posts: 2
    thank you so much for the reply. i greatly appreciate it
  • nancyjgnancyjg Member Posts: 3
    I don't know where else to put this so here goes. I have an '05 Sonata and the AM reception on the radio is TERRIBLE. In town it's fine but within a few miles it starts losing the signal and gets so scratchy I can't use it. I'm a talk radio nut and I hate not being able to use the AM. Anyone know what can be done?
    Part of the problem is that the AM sections of many current OEM radios are more an afterthought than a tour de technologie. The other part is that the frequency band allotted to AM reception is in a region easily subject to interference from similar strength or stronger adjacent channel signals, same frequency signals from miles away bouncing off the ionosphere (a region near the border of atmosphere and space with lotsa charged particles that reflect radio frequencies in the AM band - very useful for shortwave "ham" operators but sucko for AM radio listeners) and/or sunspot activity. Things were definitely better when the AM band wasn't so crowded and radio frequency designers gave a flyin' fig about the "front ends" of AM sections.
    I would agree about the interference if it wasn't JUST my Sonata radio. The Plymouth Sundance I've been driving for the last 11 years got great AM reception. The company car I drive gets great reception. I work 30 miles from the stations I listen to and both cars do fine on the road and in the small town nearby. The Sonata starts losing reception a couple of miles outside town and is impossible to listen to within 10 miles.
    My son says his company truck, a Chevy does the same thing but none of the others do that.
    I thought maybe it was just something in MY radio that caused it to have lousy reception.

Outside of that, and the seats being hard, I love the Sonata.
    If you feel my response was irrelevant, take your Sonata to your dealer and demand they fix its radio to work as well as the one in your eleven-year old Plymouth.
    I apologize if I implied that your response was irrelevant. All I was doing was trying to be a little clearer than I was in the original post. I had read about AM supposedly being the one thats signal goes farther and bends so I couldn't understand why it was so weak in the Sonata. I thought maybe it was a flaw of some sort that others had the same problem with.

Also, I said I drove the Plymouth for 11 years..it's actually a 91 and still runs like a top. I just fell in love with the Sonata's body style and the good things I had heard about it and it's warranty. Not to mention that it was time to buy before I retire so I won't have car payments.

Again..if I sounded unfriendly I apologize..looking back at my post it didn't seem to be ungrateful....although your response was a bit snippy. Sorry I bothered you..it won't happen again.
    Likewise.
  • jojo6jojo6 Member Posts: 20
    I really think that with any skill as a driver, the ABS isn't needed and may be detrimental. I think of it as for the novice that will just slam on the brakes when they hit an icy patch. Don't have experience with traction control, but I've driven PA winters for a long time ,and think you can do just fine without these. In fact, so much so, that after extensive test drives with both the 06 and 05 GLS models, I went with the 05 - last one available, and I figured the last chence to get those graceful Jaguar-like lines, not the same-as -everyone else box of the 06. Yes, lost out on the ABS, traction control, etc. but- what the hell. BTW, can't stand the cloth in either the 06 GL or GLS. Love my 05!
  • haefrhaefr Member Posts: 600
    Not to disagree with your premise, but I suspect for average skill level drivers (and I'm including myself in that category), ABS and Stability Control systems probably represent an extra level of safety when negotiating an emergency situation. (I wonder how many fatalities in Ford Expeditions might've been averted when their tires blew had they had the help of stability and traction control. For that matter I wonder if that's precisely why STC is standard equipment on them now.) For truly expert drivers, though, I equally suspect that they can duplicate if not supercede the capabilities of microprocessor controlled safety engineering. The downside in any case is the extra complexity and expense involved if/when service is required in the event of malfunction. I walked away from a nasty low-speed (15+ mph) in late 2002, but that accident was my fault. Even the most sophisticated microprocessor safety technology can't fully protect the driver from truly driver-inspired stupidity. I suspect that STC will become as prevalent in personal vehicles at all price points as windshields, engines, and wheels - and sooner rather than later. To quote David Spade, "Start likin' it."
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    It's certainly true that the AM broadcast band can take on propagational characteristics of the shortwave band (3Mhz to 30MHz), especially in the 1MHz to 1.7MHz area. Back when AM radio was "king" in cars, the AM broadcast band covered from 550kHz to 1.6MHz. That was also the time when the U.S. Government's Loran A navigational system resided slightly above the top end of the broadcast band. But, when the Government vacated Loran A, it opened up the frequency spectrum for the AM broadcast band to 1.7Mhz.

Since AM (amplitude modulation) is only a mode, only rules and regs keep FM (frequency modulation) from being used within the band. It certainly could be used technologically.

Most of the problems of poor performance with today's AM radios are one of design. All manufacturers seems to "cheap out" on the AM tuner sections of not only car radios, but most, if not all, hi-fi receivers as well. Instead of using discrete circuits for the RF amplifier, I.F. circuits, etc., most car radio designs use the "AM radio on a chip" design today. Thus, you have limited sensitivity and selectivity (rejection of adjacent frequency/channel interference). This coupled with compromise antennas makes for very poor AM reception.

Interestingly, AM is technologically capable of producing fidelity equal to or better than FM, at the expense of static crashes during thunderstorms and ignition noise. Only the transmitted bandwidth, and the bandwidth of the preamp and amp sections, limit the overall fidelity of the signal.

The AM band is less populated today than it was 50 to 70 years ago when thousands of AM broadcast stations existed in the USA. The AM broadcast band was the primary means of not only communications, but entertainment. Again, it's only the cheap design quality of today's equipment that limits the ability to copy stations for reasonable distances while on the road. Yes, we have digital frequency readouts, fine frequency stability (no drifting stations), but generally lousy sensitivity and selectivity. Drive any old car from the '50s, especially those with a vacuum tube radio, and compare it to any of today's AM units. You will be shocked at the overall quality of an AM broadcasting signal.
    Am I correct in my suspicion that your online "handle" identifies you as a HAM operator?
  • w9cww9cw Member Posts: 888
    Yes, my amateur radio callsign is w9cw, and have been a ham radio operator since the early '60s. It's still a very viable avocation, as many of the newer forms of fast digital communications were actually researched by amateur radio operators - who also happen to be data comm engineers. However, the Federal Communications Commission allocates frequencies to the amateur radio service primarily because of its public service function. Quite a bit of the initial VHF/UHF, as well as HF, communications after Katrina struck the Gulf Coast were conducted by ham radio operators in support of the local and state governments.

Now back to the Sonata frequency . . .
  • romanc54romanc54 Member Posts: 6
    I just recently purchased an '06 Sonata LX, with ALL the bells and whistles for $22k. My only setback with this car was the hideous, out-dated, stereo (I'll be upgrading that within the next two weeks with a DVD-based Navigation stereo system). My car came with the standard and generous 10yr/100k warranty, and the dealership added(at no cost), all standard maintenance for life(actually 50 years). This covers, oil changes, tune-ups, part-cost and labor for all wear and tear items, and state inspections. Between value (or cost savings) and the "Priorities for Life", I was sold on the Hyundai over the Accord (@ $27k, similarly configured).

I have several friends who own Hyundais. Two of them own Elantra GTs and one owns an '04 Sonata. One of the GT's is an '02 and I can assure my friend abuses that car with his driving habits. So far, it has held up well and is over the 100k mile mark. The other GT is a grocery getter for my other friend's wife. She loves it, and has no complaints about the car. The last friend, with the '04 Sonata, his only complaint is how cheap the interior looks. His dealership fixed a broken air conditioning vent(which he broke), at no cost. Nothing but good things have been said by Hyundai owners who's car were built after 2000. Previous models definitely fell under the disposable car category.

All the negative talk I read and hear about Hyundai cars is coming from non-Hyundai-owners. I would love to hear about any bad experiences or nightmare stories from people who have/had a Hyundai that was built after 2000.

Please post your story, anyone who can say first-hand that their 2000+ Hyundai sucks.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    You could peruse the "Problems and Solutions" discussions for Hyundais here at Edmunds.com to find out about people who have had problems with 2000+ Hyundais. And yes, there are some stories in there. But any more than for competitive models? That's the question.
  • jltroiano4jltroiano4 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a '05 Sonata LX and I had to wait a few weeks for the dealership to find it with ABS in the color I wanted. There is a clicking noise almost every time I am stopped and then drive. Also I notice it when I have a turn. The dealer said that it was something with the car settling on a calibration and it was normal and would go away. This doesn't sound right to me. Does this happen on your car? I am with you, I can't stand the look of the new 06 and I love my 05 but I want the noise to stop. Thanks for any info you have.
  • bsancatbsancat Member Posts: 27
    If anyone is interested in purchasing a 2006 Sonata "Chrome" Grille Insert, contact me and I'll tell you what company not to buy from. I just received mine and it's cheap plastic.

B. Sanders
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    You can post here - no need for off-line conversation when it will benefit the whole community.
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    After 6 1/2 months and a little under 4700 miles, my '05 GLS SV is still like new.

Getting almost the EPA city milage of 19, with most drives under 5 miles. Quite, comfortable ride is a pleasure. With the cold weather coming to CT, I expect to see a drop of about 2 MPG.

The auto climate control and heated seats are great. Heated seats help my back after spending 4 1/2 hour or so on the golf course when it's a damp day in the 40's.

Unfortunately it won't be too many weeks before I find out how the Sonata handles in the snow.
  • stockmanjoestockmanjoe Member Posts: 353
    I am not sure why we even have AM radio anymore, reception sux today as much as it ever did.
  • h00pakh00pak Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am looking at a "chrome" grill that an ebay auction says is made at the Hyundai plant in S Korea. It's running about $100 but I have a 2005 model. Whom should I avoid?
  • sicksonatasicksonata Member Posts: 1
    The stereo definitely has to go. Is there anybody that knows of a DVD-based Navigation stereo system that fits and looks good with the '06 Sonata interior? (romanc54: What brand/model are you putting in?)
  • bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    When researching used cars values, why doesn't Edmund's list the '05 GLS SV? The Special Value has more features than the GLS but less than the LX. SV is essentially an LX without leather or power driver seat. A "split the difference" value doesn't seem right since leather seats & power driver seat typically don't add much to a used car's value.
  • romanc54romanc54 Member Posts: 6
    I haven't started on any projects for my car since I just got married last month and am getting settled into a new house. Plus, getting ready for the X-Mas holiday is taking away from any free time I have left. Here's my projected plans for the Sonata's stereo:

Afermarket Bezel from Motorroom.com, the page also has pictures on how to replace the stereo.

I decided I will build and integrate a PC into my car. Check out CarPC.com or MP3Car.com for ideas if that's a way you want to go.

The Mini-ITX case will be mounted in the storage bin, which also doubles as a single DIN slot, towards the bottom of the center console. Like this:
    link Bezel Install

I'm considering purchasing a Xenarc Touchscreen LCD and custom mounting it with the Aftermarket bezel. This will create alot of empty space behind the screen, so I might look at ways to setup the PC components behind the LCD, I just need to figure out how To do it while allowing easy access to the DVD/RW drive.

The PC will have internet access through Wi-fi hotspots, bluetooth for wireless internet through my cell phone when hotspots are not available, GPS and Voice-recognition software. A wi-fi antenna will be mounted on the car, nothing gawdy, I plan on purchasing one of those Euro-style roof mount antenna's and retro-fitting it to the CarPC. Input will be allowed through voice-recognition and the touch-screen LCD. I'll be mounting a USB hub inside the car near the bottom of the center console, I plan on integrating it into the center console, but I have not figured out the best way to do it yet. I will also keep a small format back-lit Keyboard in the car for whenever typing is necessary. LCDs will be mounted on the headrests for the back seat passengers. The power requirements are also a concern, so I'll have to upgrade to a high performance battery.

This will give me everything I would want and need for entertainment in the car at half the price of current Navigation-Entertainment systems. Plus, a bonus geek/tech factor. Maybe it will be worthy enough to attend a few car shows after I get the Studie body kit, upgraded rims, some other mods I am planning on, and some performance tuning software to get more oomph out of my car.. It'll be something I can be proud of.

I have a diagram which I can post if your are interested on how I will setup the car speakers to work with the PC in 4.1/5.1 surround.

Is anyone out there interested in sponsoring my car???
    Why would you post a project depicted for the 2006 Sonata in a discussion about 2005 and earlier Sonatas?
    I don't see where he said it is an 06??
    He didn't, Pat. But the link to the Korean site's installation graphics and text clearly referenced the '06 Sonata. That's little help for owners of earlier model Sonatas.
    Romanc54, here's where you need to be posting: Hyundai Sonata 2006+.

Thanks haefr!
  • bluecar3bluecar3 Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2002 sonata. I would like to know what date the battery has on it? :confuse: It`s 2BR01, ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS ?
    The battery's manufacture date is irrelevant if your question pertains to a warranty issue. The car's purchase date (or first use date if placed in service originally as a dealership demonstrator) is used to determine the "age" of the OEM battery. Assuming your car's battery is OEM from the factory at the time your car was built, you're well out of warranty, now. (two years free replacement and one additional year with the car's owner responsible for increasing pro-rated monthly adjustment cost - based on an artificially inflated "adjustment" price list, not the already high selling price through the parts department - gotta watch out for that nonsense!) If you need a new battery, and if it's gonna be on your nickel, go to WalMart for their top-of-the-line Group 24F "Everstart" battery (yellow case) - four year free replacement, no questions asked, regardless of which WalMart you drive into in the very unlikely event of actual battery defect. WalMart will install it with no additional labor charge while you wait, too. And, it'll have a MUCH higher cold cranking amperage capacity than the original battery that came with your car. The WORST possible place you can purchase a replacement battery outright is through a car dealership. Other Hyundai dealerships may honor the battery warranty when traveling, but, depending on where you happen to be, their availability may be few and far between. Just about any burg with more than one cop, two stop lights, three houses, and four dogs has a WalMart, though.
    THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.BUT I JUST WANTED TO KNOW WHEN THE BATTERY WAS MADE.I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH THE BATTERY AT THIS TIME. THANKS AGAIN :confuse:
    I don't know how to make sense of the production date code, either, but my best guess is late 2001 or early 2002. If your battery has "Delkor" imprinted on it (you'd have to remove the insulation capsule to see - probably not worth the hassle), I believe it's a contraction for Delco-Korea, or at least licensed for production by a Korean company by Delco. Except for the lack of the usual Delco green sight-glass "eye" to verify state of charge, it's construction with side-opening gas vents at each end of the top and no removable cell caps is identical in appearance to U.S. Delco batteries. The branded Delco that came from the factory in my '96 Accord was in service right up until shortly before I bought my '03 Sonata. (yeah, nearly seven years...)
    ANYONE HAVE THE PLEASURE OF CHANGING THE A/C,P/S BELT THEM SELVES? I HAVE ONE SQUEALING WHEN IT`S DAMP OR COLD.LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE RIGHT WHEEL WELL TO GET TO IT. :confuse:
  • whitelightningwhitelightning Member Posts: 3
    I have an 05 sonata that I purchased in November and I noticed that when I drive over speed bumps they sometimes make a clanking noise. I think it's the struts, i'm not sure. I'ts not really that noticeable and you have to be listening for it to hear it. I don't know if it's normal since I have less then 10,000 miles on the car and it drives like a dream. Any one got any ideas?
  • bassetcasebassetcase Member Posts: 5
    I bought my 2003 Sonata LX new in January 2003. I drive 100 mile roundtrip to work each day, so the warranty was a real selling point. My husband and I were convinced by the sales manager - who is (of course) no longer with the dealership - to purchase the extended warranty for an extra $1118. He explained that this would take my basic new car warranty "bumper to bumper" up to the full 10yr/100k miles. Well, my car is now at 82K miles and it seems nothing is covered with my warranty other than the power train. I just read my original contract, as did the service mgr at the dealership, and determined that the warranty was absolutely of no value to me. The list of components that it does not cover proves it to be no better than the basic warranty that came with the new car. Has anyone else out there had anything like this happen to them, and is there any recourse - other than not buying another Hyunda? - but I really like my car! I feel cheated and taken advantage of - even though I realize I should have READ THE FINE PRINT!!
    Not much you can do except print out a graduation certificate from the University of Hard Knocks - magna [non-permissible content removed] laude, and mount it to a prominent wall in your home. So, has anything actually failed on your car? You are aware, I hope, that you still have 18,000 miles left on your powertrain warranty, aren't you?
  • bassetcasebassetcase Member Posts: 5
    Yes, aware of the power train to 100K. I plan to contact Hyundai to confirm that my warranty is useless. The way it reads to me sounds like the new car warranty is extended to the full 100K. If it is not I want to know exactly what I paid $1100 for. Nothing major has failed as of yet. The transmission just recently started to jerk when first driven in the morning. Jerks one time when accelerating to get on to the highway - then it is fine the rest of the day. THANKFULLY, I am real persistent about taking it in for every little thing I dont feel is right - so they determined there was a problem and that it will get progressively worse - and have decided to replace the transmission week after next. That was really a surprise! They said it would be $2400 if not for the warranty. The little things that have gone wrong are not serious but costly over time. Sparkplug wires (at 20K miles) - $400, radio antenna/motor - $189, 60K mile REQUIRED maintenance $1200. The warranty contract reads like it is an extended "full new car warranty" to the 100K. It plainly states that all those things I just mentioned are excluded, but the dealer claims it is only Power train coverage - but she was just going by the fact that when they put in the inquiry on the antenna that it came back - 5 yr/60K. All in all I still think it is a good car.
  • sonatabobsonatabob Member Posts: 15
    Thought I'd throw this one up before I take it to the dealer...

2005 Sonata, 9,000 miles. About 2 months ago my Check Engine Light came on, stayed lit several days then went back out. Since then it's happened repeatedly with exactly the same pattern:
    1) Fuel Tank fillup, with at least 3-clicks to tighten cap
    2) Drive about 50 miles, Check Engine Light comes on
    3) Stays lit until exactly half the tank is burned, then goes off until I fillup again, then...
    4) Repeat of symptoms

Now I realize that an improperly-fastened cap is the MOST likely reason for this happening but each time I fill up I am most certainly fastening at least 3 clicks. The ONLY time this did not happen is when I set the pump to a SLOW rather than FAST fill, however the event is now occuring no matter what the fill-speed.

I'm definitely taking the car in to get this fixed but wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen and the outcome just for reference. Certainly it's covered and I have to say that since this is the ONLY problem with the car so far it's no hassle, just a minor hiccup.

Thanks for any input folks!
    BTW, I checked the entire forum for all previous posts using "check engine" as the search...found many which seemed to indicate the same problem with earlier models. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem with later models as well and/or if Hyundai has a TSB on the later models through the 05's.
    You might want to also look into our "Check Engine" light discussion. Let us know how it goes.
    Well, not much company here but I'll go ahead and offer that my Hyundai dealer found the source of the problem and fixed it by replacing the Evaporative Cannister which had somehow developed a leak. Covered under warranty.
    Great, glad to hear it!! :)
  • raikhiraikhi Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I just bought a Hyundai Sonata 2001 with 93000 miles. As soon as I bought it, after a mechanic said it was ok, my friend suggested he knew quite a few people with problems in the car.
    Can somebody please tell me if I did the right thing? I have 5 more days to return the car if I don't like it or for any problems. I am a graduate student living on credit cards until graduation in two years, at least. I can't spend any money since I exhausted all on this car including my balance transfers.
    If you can please tell me what I am in for objectively, I will try and plan accordingly. The guy who sold it to me is the second owner, for less than two years and 15000 miles, and claims not to know much about anything major done to the car except for replacing a radiator.

Thank you. Raikhi.
    You're 33,000 miles past warranty (the 100,000 mile powertrain warranty does not transfer to subsequent owners). Automatic transmissions can be problematic at higher mileage on Hyundais - especially so if someone has substituted non-qualified fluid for the required Mitsubishi SP-III ATF formulation. Clutches on manual transmission equipped Sonatas can also be troublesome anytime after 90,000 miles. Unless you know the timing belt has been changed, through inspection of service records, you're looking at that task anytime after 60,000 original vehicle miles. If the timing belt (which drives the camshaft in proper synchronization with crankshaft rotation) lets go in operation, the engine may suffer catastrophic damage if open valves are slammed into by rising pistons. Both will suffer mutually assured destruction faster than you can say, "Oh, crap!". If you have the complete service records, and they're current, you may have gotten yourself a great car. Otherwise, I'm not so sure. Hyundais can rack up 300,000 miles or more if driven sanely and serviced regularly. But, they do not suffer abuse lightly.
  • raikhiraikhi Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, Haefr. Unfortunately I do not have any records from the previous owner. It is an automatic and so far the transmission seems to be smooth enough. However, I do not know much more and I guess I am into it now. Is there any way I can find/check if the timing belt was replaced? If not myself, will a mechanic be able to tell that to me after a visual inspection? I appreciate all your help.

Thank you, Haefr. Raikhi
    Might well be worth a try. I'd also give serious considration to having the transmission drained and refilled three times. Take the car for a ten or fifteen mile spin between each intermediate drain and refill to give the new fluid a chance to fully mix with the remaining old fluid. Three drains and refills will leave you with only about 12%+ of the old fluid. Don't let anyone use anything in that trannie other than genuine Hyundai, KIA, or Mitsubishi SP-III ATF. It's the only qualified fluid for your transmission. Pricing can vary widely, so make no assumptions who'll be cheapest - call around to all above brand dealership parts departments within a reasonable driving distance. If you can get confirmation that the timing belt was replaced and flush the transmission fluid, you'll have done everything reasonable to minimize immediate risk of catastrophe.
  • carfaxcarfax Member Posts: 43
    If you go to a hyundai dealer, they can look up the information on the computer for the service records for that vehicle if it was serviced by a dealer. You can be out of State and have a problem with the car and they look it up to see if your warranty is still valid before they fix it, so they can also check to see what has been done to the vehicle for service before you purchased it. If the service records show that it has been well looked after then it will save you a lot of time and money doing transmission fluid changes and other work that's not necessary.
  • bjazzpbjazzp Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone,
    Can any of you tell me where to find info or instructions on how to replace a bulb for the road lamps/fog lamps in the air dam in the front of the vehicle?

I've managed to wrestle a bulb into the head light assembly and was just wondering if anyone could give me some guidance regarding the road lamps.

Thanks
  • nybrower1nybrower1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Does anyone have some advice on what I can do to check/fix my transmission problem or where I can find the manual that will help with my 1998 Sonata. The transmission will not shift into fourth gear. If it is very cold in the morning it will sometimes give me fourth.
    Thanks,
    James