Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Sonata Initial Quality

dave868dave868 Member Posts: 64
edited April 2014 in Hyundai
4 weeks ago I purchased a Sonata Limited v6 with Nav. Since then I have experienced the following issues:

Harsh shifts under moderate acceleration.
Shaking at 50+ mph.
Creaking windshield
Voice command not working at all.

The creaking windshield is driving me mad. Every bump, even moderate ones produce creak after creak. It settles a litlle throughout the day, but never stops. But next morning it's back in full force.

The shaking is felt mostly in the seat, I am assuming its a rear wheel balance.

The 1-2 shifts in particular are very harsh. 2-3 is less so but still harsh. If I accelerate hard, its smooth. But I can't accelerate gently with being jolted by the shifts. It's bad enough that I suspect that it will make winter driving very difficult.

I am guessing that its just a microphone issue with the voice command. Its not that it doesn't understand me. It's that it doesn;t even hear me.

I appologize for the long winded post. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced any of these issues.

Comments

• Options
    lmaxicklmaxick Member Posts: 46
    Don't forget about the lemon law, sounds like you have grounds.
  • Options
    dave868dave868 Member Posts: 64
    :lemon: I dont think that we are to that stage yet. And isnt the lemon law about the inability to repair an issue? :lemon:
  • Options
    bxbillbxbill Member Posts: 2
    i have a 2004 sonata v6 2.7 engine
    how much should i pay for a tuneup
This discussion has been closed.