Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Subaru Forester

Comments

• xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    A Forester in $30K range. What is this world coming to? :cry:
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    The new XV is bigger than my 98 Forester. Much more passenger space, at least.

Saw an Equinox at the auto show for $39k. Loaded Durangos and Explorers were $50k.
  • tklientklien Posts: 20
    Pre-order..... March 1st. or so will be initial shipment, and full compliment end of the month... how you been ax man....
    Good. Bball season is in full swing and I coach 2 teams, so that's been taking up all my time. My daughter plays on a 2nd team so I took today off to watch her play! :shades:

Would be cool if you got the very first one.

Our 2009 was first year, but not among the first. If you recall, they launched the LL Bean model at first, and a couple of months later renamed it the Limited (which we got) when the deal with LL Bean was dissolved.
    Sounds like it's all good. The price they gave me also included the miror with the compass...Don't know why they limit the interior colors on the Tubo's. Might of considered one but my last two vehicles.Subies( have been black. )int.
  • krellu7421krellu7421 Posts: 8
    edited February 2013
    Received an e-mail yesterday.A dealer in NJ said the first week of march will be getting a large shipment of 2014 foresters.Thought I might mention this in case anyone is interested.I was going to get a crosstrek LTD loaded,also had considered a 2014 forester touring 2.5 xi also loaded.Then I suddenly I
    decided on a 2013 impreza 5-door LTD loaded,because of the epa 27/36.
    I think I made a great choice.
    Congrats on the Impreza. :shades:

Let's see who the first new Forester owner is.
    Well, it's the cheapest of the three and rated for the best fuel economy, so those are two bonuses right there! As long as your happy with the purchase, I think you hit the trifecta. ;)

Congrats.
  • doc96doc96 Posts: 1
    outdoor price 28300 limited
    option ...splash guard and rear bumper cover
    what do you think?
    Its pre-order
    x man???
    You'll be the first - no one to compare it to!
    Brand new model. If you get it at or even a little under invoice, I'd say that's a pretty good deal. What's the MSRP on that car?
  • tkay2tkay2 Posts: 36
    For comparison.... my msrp $ 30820.00 w/nav -1500 =29320.00 included is 2 yr free maintenance... this does not inc. options tx etc...
    edited February 2013
    Looking just at the MSRP, invoice will be approximately 94% of that ($28,970). So, basically you paid about $350 for the maintenance agreement when comparing against invoice. I'd say you did fine as long as you use the agreement to its potential.
    Thanks for your input. Also when you get the 2 yr. maintenance pk. (free or other wise) inside the packet is a 500.00 coupon for a future purchase. I have one from a prior purchase and additional subie bucks.( pretty good marketing on their part) at least this is in Mi. Now waiting for the build.
  • This is my quote on a Forester Premium CVT with the following options. I live in Virginia...I was told this was under invoice...

2014 Subaru Forester Premium CVT
    Your color Choice
    All Weather Package
    Auto Dimming Mirror with Compass and Homelink and Approach Lighting
    Rear Cargo Tray

MSRP $26,889
    Discount Price $ 24,845
    Processing Fee: 299
    VA 3% Tax: 754.32
    DMV Title: 10.00
    DMV Filing: 10.00
    DMV Tags: 40.75

Out the Door Price: 25,959
    Seems good for the first one on the block. Did that dealer have them in stock already?
  • Not this dealer... But a dealer in Richmond , Va got 14 yesterday....
    Fitz is listing 4 in stock on their web site, so they are trickling in now. They have 2 dealers, and each store has 2 (all auto Premium models).
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,661
    edited March 2013
    One yesterday and one today (my daughter is in the market, and it's on her short list).

Very similar to our '13 Forester in terms of trim and content.

Good:
    • Seemed a bit more nimble and more fun to drive than our car.
    • Steering definitely is better.
    • More interior room for rear passengers.
    • Driver's door armrest better located (higher).
    • Seat heater switches much better located.
    • Center stack selectable graphic (outside temp, mpg, etc.) interesting, although I don't fully understand all the choices and what they convey.
    • Seemed quieter and more refined than our car.
    • CVT much better than old 4EAT.
    • Good outward visibility.

Bad
    • CVT needs paddle shifters (paddle shifters come on turbo models only).
    • Cruise control indicator way too hard to find and see. This really needs to be changed!
    • Don't like the bar-graph fuel gauge.
    • Not wild about the instrument cluster. The one in our '13 Forester is better (large center speedo, large easy to read fuel gauge).
    • No green indicator light for headlights when on.
    • Door grab bar interferes with power window switches access.
    • Reduced tow rating (1500 vs 2400).
    • Angle of approach slightly worse than outgoing model
    • '13 model has better exterior styling. Too many fussy styling gimmicks on new model that just don't work.

Bob
    Have gotten a better price...31677. OTD...option are compass mirror, rear bumper cover, wheel lock, luggage cover, cargo net. This includes 6% sales tx. 2014 Forester Touring