Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Clutch and tranny replacement on 1990 Isuzu Trooper LS. 5 speed manual, 2.8 liter V6

matausmataus Member Posts: 43
edited March 2014 in Isuzu

Hello my friends!

First of all, I have a 1990 Isuzu Trooper LS. 5 speed manual, with a 2.8 liter V6.

I have been in the process of replacing my clutch and tranny on my Trooper. In doing so, I went ahead and removed the flywheel to get it turned. After I removed the fly wheel, I noticed there was some oil on the block of the engine right behind the flywheel. My first thought of course, was I had a rear main seal going bad. Looking a little closer, it looks like it’s coming from a small cover on the block. I have attached some pics, and I wanted to know from my fellow Isuzu friends, if this is something that happens on this particular engine. Is this normal? What are your thoughts? Should I just replace the seal on this small cover? I would hate to find out I need to do something else on the engine after I put the clutch and tranny back on my Trooper.

Here are the pics..

If I didn't know better, I would say that the oil is running down from the cover I have the aero pointing at..

Another pic of the cover...

Of course I had to add a picture of my awesome rebuilt tranny..

I was also wondering what this small cover is used for? What is behind it?

If there is anyone out there that can give me an opinion on this particular situation, it would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS A BUNCH!

Matthew ;)