Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Should I get the 2014 Hyundai Genesis Coupe or Subaru WRX STi in Washington State?

redmonderredmonder Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Hyundai

Hi,

So I currently live in the state of Washington and am preparing to buy a new car. I am currently comparing between the Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Ultimate Manual and the Subaru WRX STi Manual Sedan. For both cars, I am going to be modifying (either installing a turbocharger on the Hyundai or replacing the stock turbocharger on the Subaru) either car and essentially re-building engine bay components except for the engine eg. new camshafts, headers, exhaust, etc. So my question is, which of the two vehicles should I buy? As Washington is rainy, snowy, cold, has mountainous roads, and dirt roads, all of which I need to cope with.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    MarkHolthoffMarkHolthoff Member Posts: 101

Sounds like a fun project! I personally would go with the STI in order to get all-wheel-drive. I think that will come in handy given the variety of road conditions you'll face in and around Washington. Plus, having all four wheels driven will help you get the most out of the extra power your engine mods will generate.