Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What kind of SUV should I buy?

spock072spock072 Member Posts: 12
edited June 2014 in General

Hi, in light of my wife getting a Honda CRV last year, which so far has been a great car as our family has expanded, I feel that maybe my next car will be an SUV. That being said, while I really like the CRV, I don't want 2 of the same Make/Models in the family.

So,,,, what do you people out there recommend ? For me , my main things are price/affordability & fuel economy. My wife's car gets great gas mileage.

Tell me what u all recommend IYHOs, What u bought, were you happy with it, pros & cons, etc.

Thanks in advance to all for your help.

Oh and no minivans..

Comments

• Options
    tired_old_davetired_old_dave Member Posts: 710

"I don't want two..." I've said for years I always wanted two of the same. Same oil, same maintenance, and same controls. Funny read an article about Americans not truly understanding the value of the minivan (and likewise the wagon).

All I want is a true Trailblazer from Ms. Barra so I don't have to keep reading about Trail Edition 4 runners and GX460's. Forget about jeeps - all you need to buy is the wrangler frame everything else on it waste of money (save the uconnect that you go to an international website to upload new versions).

• Options
    tired_old_davetired_old_dave Member Posts: 710

Family- thought the crv failed the new more stringent offset crash test. Shouldn't safety be a prime concern for a family man.

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

A reporter is looking for shoppers who recently traded in a midsize sedan for an SUV because they think gas prices aren’t a big deal anymore or they were just blown away by the fuel-efficient crossover offerings now available. If you think you can help, please reach out to pr@edmunds.com by no later than Wednesday, September 10, 2014.