Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Pontiac G6 Wiper Issue - Sometimes stops vertical.

jmonger77jmonger77 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Pontiac

Have a 2008 Pontiac G6. The wipers seem to stop when they are at about a 80 degree angle, so almost straight up. But it only happens on the delay setting. It will start fine, go up to the point, then stop for about the same amount of time as the delay it seems, then finish like normal. It stops only on the upward motion of the wiper, not the downward.

On the other two regular settings it works fine. Only on the delay setting is where it acts up. And it does not do it all the time. But it happens a lot more then it use to on the delay setting.

Figured it is not the wiper motor since it only happens on the delay. A friend of mine suggested the wiper switch on the steering column. Does that seem reasonable? Just trying to get more opinions before I buy parts I might not need.

Comments

• Options
    gonogogonogo Member Posts: 879

I would try disconnecting and reconnecting the motor and or module connector a times, maybe a corrosion issue.
    Corrosion has been and issue on various connectors, there a recall on the BCM connector right now.