Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevy Silverado Exhaust "chirps" --- I don't buy it!

wgstation_35wgstation_35 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Chevrolet

Purchased new 2014 Silverado 1500 ... took to SC for vacation. Noticed the AMP meter approx. 12 volts.. stopped @ local dealership in SC(Very courteous and respectful).. printed bulletin for me explaining how this charging system works. Very hot in SC.. thus ran with A/C on always. Returned North and noticed a "chirp" from under the chassis in between shifts at low rpm. Drove truck for a day or so and attempted to pin-point the timing, frequency and severity of the noise. I noticed most often at low rpm when returning to the throttle -- let's say after a corner -- and has become more frequent. Took to dealership -- had truck for over a week and then told me there is an "exhaust valve" that is making this noise. I don't buy it! I drove and identical 2014 as a loaner for this time period and had no issue/noise from anywhere on the loaner -- which had 4500 miles on it!

Anyone else see this issue? What were the findings/results?

Thanks