Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda CR-V Owners: Events

Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
edited March 14 in Honda
Have you attended a recent CRV event? Talk about it here.

Please let me know of any upcoming events so I can include them under "additional resources".

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Comments

• bobgordonbobgordon Posts: 156
    Hi,
    I am organizing the first Midwest Honda CR-V meet. This event will be held on Sept. 22nd and Sept 23rd at the Fabyan Woods Forest Preserve in Geneva, Illinois. The park is located about 35 miles west of Chicago, Illinois on Route 25, north of Fabyan Parkway. Close to interstates I-88 and I-90. I have reserved a picnic shelter, with cooking grills, for those two dates in case people can't make it for both. The preserve is heavily wooded along the Fox river. It does not allow any camping but many hotels near by or any off-roading. But since this is the first meet, and kind of late notice, we can plan for next years meet.
    I am looking for any sponsor's who might be interested in helping out with this event.
    Hope to see you there and look for further post's.
    Thanks. Bob
  • sluglineslugline Posts: 391
    More details to come. :)
    I have designated Tortuga Coastal Cantina on the Seawall as the initial gathering point for lunch, with a proposed excursion to San Luis Pass as the follow-up.

The official meet site is http://galveston.texasbluebetty.com.

October 6 . . . October 6 . . . October 6!
  • varmitvarmit Posts: 1,125
    Nice job with the web page, Vince. Being a Yankee from the Nor' East, I won't be able to make it, but it looks like fun. :-)
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,018
    I've added your info page to the Additional Resource box. Be sure to tell us how it went!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

The "unofficial" site is

http://geocities.com/bobbyg157/BobsVerdeV.html

See you there!

• varmitvarmit Posts: 1,125
    Bobby - Page looks great! I'm taking the time (and spending the cash) to go to Gator's Scrub in FLA, so I can't make your event. Sometimes Boston isn't the right place to live. Good luck!
    I've added your event to the Additional Resources box!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• Crossposting a bulletin by one of the organizers:

"Due to the recent tragedy on the East Coast, the trip is canceled. We will keep you up to date for the rescheduled date. Hope to see you on the next camping trip."

I am leading the October 6 event in Galveston, and I am still intending on making that happen.

Bob's Midwest Meet is two weekends from today; I wonder if that will be able to happen. . . .
  • The MWCR-V meet in on as scheduled.

Due to the number of sponsors I have, it would be difficult to reschedule, but not impossible.

The dates for the meet are Sept. 22nd and 23rd.

All details of the MWCR-V meet can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/bobbyg157/BobsVerdeV.html

E-mail me if you have any questions and look forward to seeing you.

Just wanted everyone to know that the eight of us that got together on Galveston Island had a blast with our five CR-Vs. I hope to put together a full writeup in the next few weeks, but for now, here's a shot of our cars in the shadow of the San Luis Pass bridge:

Thank you Edmunds.com and bobgordon for the T-shirts!!!!
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    Another meet coming up in March. A description of last year's meet can be found here at this site. Another write-up (written by your's truly =) ) can be found in the CR-V IX library.

Details of the Trip:

Friday Night (March 29th)

For those arriving Friday night I will make some plans for a dinner. I will wait to make specific plans until we know how many may be coming in on Friday.

Saturday (March 30th)

Breakfast - location TBD - 10:00am

Visit Kinzua Bridge State Park - When this viaduct was built in 1881, it was the world's highest and longest railroad bridge at 301 feet tall and 2053 feet long.

Drive to Smethport, PA - This is a small historical community with a great many unique buildings and small shops. If this trip turns out to be a non-family trip this stop may be dropped. Smethport features the "world's first year round Christmas Store" or so they claim.

Drive to Kane, PA - We will stop here for lunch. Kane is known as the Black Cherry Capitol of the World. There are several restaurants to eat at here.

Drive up Route 6 - This is a national scenic route. We will take Route 6 accross the ANF to route 59.

Kinzua Dam - This was a spectacular site last year. Due to it being very cold we didn't stay and enjoy it for very long.

Long House Scenic Drive - ONLY IF THE WEATHER IS GOOD. This is a drive down the Resavoir that the Dam created. If the weather is good we should be able to travle these forest roads and see a great many wondeful views of the resavoir. If the weather is bad this item will be skipped and we will head back from the Dam.

Dinner - We will have dinner. I will not plan evening events after dinner so people can break off as family groups or go do things with
    people they have met.

Sunday (March 31st)

Breakfast and Goodbyes - location TBD - 9:30am

• varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    Here's a few pics from the St. Augustine Scrub.

This is a road sign somewhere in Georgia. I thought it was appropriate given the purpose for the drive.

Here we are playing the back nine. We took advantage of a golf course under construction and did a little lite off-roading.

Another pic from the fairway.

This is Thai making his way through the trails.

• tomsrtomsr Posts: 325
    If there is one or you want to start one
    please E-mail me.(tomargee@juno .com)
    Time is coming up for the 2nd annual Midwest CR-V Meet.

Here is the "official" site for the meet.

http://geocities.com/bobbyg157/2002_Midwest_CR-V_Meet.html

Remember to check back at the site often as I will be adding links.
    Thanks.
    GoongalaGoonga :)

Some CR-V owners will be organizing an outing to the Houston Auto Show on Saturday, April 13 (opening day). Stay tuned. <GRIN>

http://www.houstonautoshow.com

For the post to the "2002 May Midwest CR-V Meet" under "Helpful Links"
    :)
    You're welcome!

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

OK, I have a webpage up for this event:

http://autoshow.texasbluebetty.com

Basically, we'll meet at a McDonald's down the street from Reliant Center for lunch, then head on to the show.

KarenS, will Edmunds be connected with this event in any way? Or are they just concerned with the covering "biggies" -- Detroit, NYC, LA and Chicago.
    I don't know if this one is on the Editors' roster, but I'll ask and let you know.

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

Ten days and counting until CR-V owners are going to the Houston Auto Show! (http://autoshow.texasbluebetty.com)
    Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you. The word is you won't be seeing any Edmunds.com representatives at the Houston show.

If possible, be sure to post some pics of CR-V owners and yourself at the show!

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

This was my "entourage" on Saturday. I wanted to say "hello" again to Virgil and his dad (darn, forgot his name again!), who found out what we were up to via Edmunds Town Hall. Honda's main thrust at this show was promoting the new CR-V. Ironically, we spent almost no time at the show looking at the CR-V -- we had slready gotten an up-close-and-personal look at Virgil's '02 during the lunch hour before heading to Reliant Center!

Here is our group pondering the Model-X/Element concept. As one person said, the whole show was the car nut's equivalent of being let loose in a candy store. If American Honda would continue to send me more free tickets, I'll be glad to host a trip like this again!!!
    Great photos!

Thanks for posting them!

KarenS
    Host
    Owners Clubs

Due to unforeseen commitments, the May Midwest CR-V Meet has been cancelled.

But, it looks like it will be rescheduled for the weekend of June 22nd or 29th.

Sorry if this has caused you any problems.

Stay tuned!
    GoongalaGoonga.
This discussion has been closed.