Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Catera

Comments

• I just picked up a 97 with 85,000 miles. I can't get the interior lights to come on. They worked the first day but now nothing. Any solutions? I don't have the owners manual.
  • calicagocalicago Posts: 53
    I would first check the fuse if thats ok check swich at the door jam you might have too remove the panel on the middle pilar then check for broken wire or disconnect plugs
  • where is located the transmission oil checking rod?
    Hey whats up well this is an ZF transmission it is sealed no trans dip stick can't check the fuild :cry:
  • illedeturkilledeturk Posts: 1
    hi guys i really really need ur help alot. let me tell you what it is..i bought a engine which is 32.000 miles and i got this engine for my 2000 catera with my friends help but they coudnt do right wiring for sure..radiator light is on. and theere are little bitty wires between radiator and engine..i dont know know wher it goes.. i really need that wher those littl bitty tiny wires go. where they connect ...i need desperately those clear pictures .. i really really really appreciate if u guys send me those pictures through e-mail. i search in internet for those kinmd of pictures but coudnt find it.. i really dont know what to do ...i bought that damn cadilalc catera very chep 1900 bucks but it cost me 1500 bucks fro repair.. my email is illedeturk@gmail.com, im really broke financially ...all i need is those pictures clear pictures between motor and radiator..little bitty wires. it very conplicated.at least i f ihave pictures i could figure out by my self.. thanks in advanceeee
    Well hello my name is calicago im a retired mechanic of 20 years never relly got into cateras untill I owned one a real fun car to drive I found that factory direct helps to get those hard to get parts expensive sometimes but the reguler joe will go to the dealer and sometimes end up paying more. it's more fun to do it yourslef and the modifecations like cool air box fairing kits etc,etc,etc im learning as I go . good to meet you :)
    Hi if you have an catalog let me know thanx
  • fred1209fred1209 Posts: 2
    on the side of the pan kinda looks like a smashed corner or flat,,its added there and once it spills out it is full
    actually it's not fill there the pressure lines to the trans cooler are tap and is filter and refilled that way and if you try to do it that way the toruqe converterwill not get the proper amount and the trans will start sliping and you will get high revs and brun more gas and brun the trans :surprise:
  • kkdallaskkdallas Posts: 1
    kkdallas; I have a 1999 cadilac catara 4 door sudan and my gas cap went bad. They put on a new one but it was a universal one and IT will not work on my car. I went to the dealer here and they said they do not even have it on their list of parts any more. So I had them call the manuf. and they were told that they quit making cataras in 2001 and they no longer carry parts for them that I would just have to find some were that would still have one in stock. I can't find any one who has it! PLEASE HELP ME FIND THE RIGHT GAS CAP FOR MY CAR!!! thank you kkd
  • carnut829carnut829 Posts: 4
    Recently purchased one from local dealer in Phoenix..long time large operation with huge parts inventory. If no luck try Rock Auto. There are several Catera parts listings on the internet. Go to Cadillac parts and surf. carnut829
    I have some friends that bought a 2000 catera yank the engine and trans cpu struts front and rear repalced the heads with the ones from GM performace the intake crank and cam rebuilt the trans put a super charger on from borg & werner reprogram the cpu and OH MY GOD IT's A BMW KILLER zod to 60 3.8 sec top speed 202 mph inter cooled very low compression and yes 120 shot NOS FAST AND FURIOUS
  • jonw3jonw3 Posts: 4
    :sick: hello everyone my name is Jon. i am having a problem with my cady. I can start it up and after about 45 sec. is starts to miss really bad and then stalls i have checked the filter and put injector cleaner in a full tank of gas and still have the trouble. any one have a problem like mine?
  • I RECENTLY PURCHASE A BEAUTIFUL CATERA FOR $6500 AND I DID NOT RECEIVE AN OWNER'S MANUAL. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN PURCHASE ONE, ASAP

CAROLYN
  • az_hvyaz_hvy Posts: 30
    Hi Carolyn
    Go to the Cadillac Catera Maintenance and Repair section of this form (calicago, "Cadillac Catera Maintenance & Repair" #694, 4 Aug 2008 3:02 pm) and read post 707, easysell said he found a site which haves them on line mabye post there Im sure someone will help all pretty good folks here
  • THANK YOU GENTLEMENT FOR YOUR INFO FOR THE CATERA MANUAL BUT I WENT TO THAT WEBSITE AND IT WOULDNT DOWNLOAD TO MY COMPUTER AND I WOULDNT NEVER LET DOWN MY FIREWALL TO GET IT AS THE SITE INSTRUCTED.

GUESS I WILL HAVE TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER WAY.
  • narvintnarvint Posts: 1
    Hi all, I need help with the radiator cooling hose connections.
    I run the hoses in the in correct place. will same one inform me
    how to run the hoses back in the correct place.

I help with the following heat hose runs ( from the top of the radiator to the elect or aux water pump.Water is spraying out of the radiator's storage tank with the cap off

I need a pictures of the top engine radiator hoses "Please"

Please forward to: narvin.tunstall@usmc.mil

God Bless

Thank
  • my 97 cadi is sputtering and pulls on the trans when driving-- it is driveable--- but barely, we have to drive it, the only car we got. it just started this--- we replaced the trans about 3 months ago. also the fuel pump. all this car has been is a head ache.. any suggestions on what it could be??
  • az_hvyaz_hvy Posts: 30
    go to Cadillac Catera Maintenance & Repair in this form I sure someone can help you there but it sounds like the CPS to me read past 10- 20 post