Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Dodge

image2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Dodge Dart SXT Rallye has collected 12,705 miles in 7 months, averaging 27.6 mpg overall along the way.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Ok, so I want to comment on small turbo DI motors. These are power dense engines that are capable of good power OR good fuel economy, depending on how you drive. Not both. A 1.4L is only going to get 1.4L fuel economy if you drive it like the small engine that it is. But this car has the same power as Dodge's larger 2.0L, and because Edmunds.com folks tend to drive their cars harder, it's not surprising that this once sucks fuel like a larger engine (27 mpg combined for the 2.0L with automatic).
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    The mild temperatures in southern California makes for better fuel mileage. In my neck of the woods, it snows 6 months a year, so tracking mileage during the winter gets a bit depressing. Fortunately, auto manufacturers really do offer an excellent variety of vehicles to choose from. Brand preferences aside, there's never been such a diverse collection available.
    Pretty amazing that a corvette can achieve mid-20's considering the horse power on tap. Personally, I'm comfortable sacrificing some MPG in the interest of enjoying to trip.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Let's not forget that several of the Edmunds staff are reluctant to feed this car 91 octane that it really needs. They proved that this makes a big difference with small turbo cars when they had the Cruze. The improvement in mileage far outweighed the price difference between 87 and 91 IIRC. This was particularly true in the summer.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @greenpony: This car doesn't HAVE direct injection, which is a prime reason why it's not doing very well on the fuel economy vs. power front particularly with the fact that the staff doesn't put in 91 octane fuel. It's the same reason the Cruze doesn't do
  • Options
    fozzwadfozzwad Member Posts: 2
    I have about 7,000 miles on my 1.4Lturbo 6-manual. My overall mileage (35.72) is better than your best tank. My worst tank was 31.13. My best tank is 38.97mpg.