Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 BMW X1 xDrive35i Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in BMW

image2013 BMW X1 xDrive35i Road Test

With a 300-hp six-cylinder, is the 2013 BMW X1 xDrive35i the ultimate compact crossover?

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    wackfordwackford Member Posts: 41
    I really can't see the point of this vehicle compared to a wagon.
  • Options
    wizard__wizard__ Member Posts: 10
    A LOT more expensive than the Acura RDX. And not any faster.

PASS!
  • Options
    emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    If Steven really has a desire to go fast, he should drop the CUV fixation and buy himself a 328. Or better yet a G37. I don't get this X1. Doesn't seem to handle like a BMW should, tight backseat, and a nearly worthless cargo area for a CUV. Not much quicker than the 328. What's the point? I refuse to afford a new BMW, but they used to be vehicles I could envy. Not this one.
  • Options
    pisadopisado Member Posts: 3
    BMW is the only company that can make a SUV handle almost like a car even with all the extra weight. A dramatic example of that is the X6 and X5. Try comparing the handling of an Escadale vs a X5. No comparison! And the Escalade takes a long scary time to stop vs the X5
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    This is what a world full of sedans with roof lines so swoopy only a child can sit upright in the back seat needs, an SUV with the same problem.

How do you design an SU-freaking-V with insufficient head room in the back seat?
  • Options
    irobot1irobot1 Member Posts: 2
    meh
  • Options
    vizcarmbvizcarmb Member Posts: 13
    Wow, this is the worst review I have ever read.
  • Options
    tommyycar_tommyycar_ Member Posts: 1
    Liked this car, but, like the new Buick Encore, a big miss for us was lack of availability of power lift gate. We're older and we need that!
  • Options
    DLuDLu Member Posts: 94
    RDX is not even close to being in the same league.

I drove the X1 4-cyl AWD; I liked the handling better than my G37x. It felt very much like the last-generation 3-series. I hate SUVs/CUVs though, because of the ridiculous ride height. I think this car is perfect for people who like a sporty car but want to pretend they don't drive a fast coupe. IMHO