Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Ford Taurus Will Be Quicker, Lighter

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited January 2015 in Ford
image2016 Ford Taurus Will Be Quicker, Lighter

Ford's redesigned 2016 Taurus will be lighter, faster and more fuel efficient when the car goes on sale in the third quarter of 2015, Edmunds has learned.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    You know Ford is going to employee at least two Eco-Boost engines, just hope it's their newest 2.3 liter that will be a part of the Mustang lineup. Would also like to see an 8 spd available. The SHO should ditch the 3.5 liter and go with a DI/ VVT version of the 5.0 V8. Not that the 3.5 liter isn't a nice power-train, but for the most part forced induction doesn't always exceed real world fuel economy in comparison.
  • Options
    ccc213ccc213 Member Posts: 2
    Really hoping for a roomier interior like the Ford 500 or 2008/2009 Taurus had and better visibility as the former had too. I just purchased a Explorer even though I would prefer a sedan because the Taurus had such horrible visibility for shorter people. The availability of adjustable pedals helps but the higher dash or lower seats and narrow windows from top to bottom is awful, not to mention the interior feeling cramped like it is closing in on you. Does not feel like a full size car on the inside in any way. Hoping, hoping for that to be much better in the redesign. If it is I will try my best to trade for the new one.
  • Options
    ccc213ccc213 Member Posts: 2
    One more thing to add about the current Taurus. That middle console is way to bulky and high. It needs to be lower as in the Explorer or the 08 and 09 Taurus was. That would give the car a much larger feel.
  • Options
    jiml10jiml10 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking forward to the new design for the 2016 Taurus. If Ford can't significantly expand the interior space, then most Ford buyers will continue to turn their backs on the Taurus and move to the Fusion (or not even buy Ford). The car needs more shoulder space and much more rear seat legroom. Why pay a higher premium price for a cramped Taurus when you can get the same interior space in a Fusion? Also, lower the rear end height. It's a sedan, not an F150. The car has no rear visibility and is unsafe without rear sensors and camera.
  • Options
    mkk0054mkk0054 Member Posts: 1
    2015 Taurus has poor visibility back and side; even with power pedals, seat etc. Cramped console/front seat area. Colors are less than desirable. One of these days Ford is going to realize women have money and buy colors, not 3.5 liters.
  • Options
    fourthvoicefourthvoice Member Posts: 1
    All the above are reasons why we are still driving our 2005 Five Hundred Limited with 105,000 miles. Rear seat leg room is like a limousine. The ride is very good. Engine and transmission are nearly as new. Everything works just fine. And, the trunk is enormous. A large car should be large inside, not just outside.