Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Cadillac

image2013 Cadillac ATS Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long-Term Test of the 2013 Cadillac ATS and assesses its Safety Seat.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I wondered how long it would be before somebody objected.
  • Options
    benson2175benson2175 Member Posts: 68
    Can you turn it off? Parktronic beeping on my MB is really annoying and I always turned it off every time I got in the car. Then it stopped working on its own. Problem solved.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    one more thing to break. should have options for combinations of vibrate/visual (lamp)/auditory beep. today everything is about customizing the driver experience (sometimes to levels of excess!)

I would hate to be a service adviser nowadays trying to explain the new user interfaces.
  • Options
    azsvtazsvt Member Posts: 4
    I know you are an engineer, but less educated people also own or are considering buying one of these so you should have mentioned that the car settings provide for the vibrations to be replaced by sounds or to be turned off entirely. The sensitivity can also be adjusted in the settings if you like tailgating, etc.. If you try to adjust the sensitivity by just partially cutting a wire, it won't work.
  • Options
    ehyehehyeh Member Posts: 0
    I know have an idea of all the things you don't like about the ATS. Now could you share with us the things you do likd.
  • Options
    rysterryster Member Posts: 571
    If you don't like it, disable the feature. From what I have read, there is a way to disable the feature without resorting to unplugging electrical connectors.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    page 5-44 of the owners manual